TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 25, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2011: Celebrity Big Brother: Archive through August 25, 2011 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Kitt. I kept looking @ the date and thinking I didn't know the right date.

Are you watching today's show? Lol, Fayed is enjoying himself. I'm not sure he was supposed to help them, was he?

Oh my gosh:

Fayed to Tara..."Give me a call; come and see me. I give you my card."

ROFL - guess he liked her kisses.

Tara cheated througout the whole thing. She sat down when there was still music playing. Was this a set-up and I missed it?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just starting yesterday's show now. Jedward swam with their heads completely out of the water to keep their hair up! And Darryn, who's not a slim man, seems to have a six pack outside of his barrel tummy. Strange.

Looks like Sally and Tara are going to be the troublemakers.

"One Jedward is cleaning the bath, while the other Jedward instructs" lol.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, Tara totally cheated, or rather Al Fayed cheated for her and the others were too polite to point it out!!

OMG! Darryn's just said he's had contouring done to get those abs sticking out upfront like that!!

Best of tweets from the house today. Again, it seems a bit slow:

0852. Big Brother plays the alarm into the house. Darryn, Bobby and one of Jedward are the first out of their beds
0940: Paddy was apparently snoring and sleeptalking last night, which woke up Sally. He's still at the Gym, now joined by Kerry
0954: Tara and Sally talking about the Kitchen. Sally: 'people will think that we're slobs': whose fault?
1018: Sally's calling Kerry hot. Kerry asks 'in a sexy way, or a sweaty way?' Sally responds: 'both'.
1031: Darryn is getting irritated at Jedward for not cleaning the kitchen. He's just angrily called them 'Dipsy and Dopsy'
1035: Darryn seems to be taking matters into his own hands, and is cleaning up the Kitchen by himself
1047: The whole house is taking part in a group clean now. It'll be spotless soon, just like Tara and the twins' pampered faces
1050: Correction - Lucien, Paddy and Bobby are in the Sauna, and don't seem to be cleaning. Could this cause some friction later?
1111: Sally has confronted Lucien and Bobby in the Garden, and is calling for a 'cleaning meeting' in the garden. She's not happy
1134: Tension: Tara and Lucien are saying 'something's gonna go down today'. They anticipate someone 'blowing up like a volcano'
1200: Tara's talking to Lucien about how the Big Brother experience could make her or break her
1221: Darryn and Paddy are discussing Jedward's odd love for ketchup. Apparently they eat it with roast dinner - delicious
1312: Jedward and Tara are organising and decorating the Living room for another exclusive performance. Those lucky housemates!
1340: Jedward to Tara, 'You are so Jexy!' Hmmm..... I guess in Jedward speak, that means sexy
1452: Pamela is filling some of the housemates in on her gruelling California style workout routine
1515: Darryn has been given a secret task by Big Brother. Stay tuned to find out
1520: New task - pap attack! http://t.co/nkjLUJl
1526: Lucien: 'The type of girls i'm interested in are like Kerry'. What could he mean by that?
1536: Darryn is lurking around in the Kitchen, fumbling with his camera. Who is he trying to photograph?
1558: Darryn's snapped a picture of Lucien and Amy lying down in the garden: 'love is in the air', maybe?
Lucien is about to douse Amy with water, on Darryn's request... http://t.co/VqWAEQq
1728: Tara and Darryn are fondly reminiscing about the times he's papped her... well maybe not too fondly
1807: MC Amy C has joined in Jedward's performance as a guest rapper

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It's really funny. The one I have the most trouble understanding when she speaks is Tara. I understand Paddy and the dark haired girl most of the time. I have no trouble understanding what the others are saying but I cannot understand a word Tara says and she supposedly speaks American.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
And Darryn, who's not a slim man, seems to have a six pack outside of his barrel tummy. Strange.

Kitt, is he wearing one of those 'ab vests' or something to make it look like a six-pack? If not, it's still going to be fat underneath the abs...eww.

Mama, I can't understand Tara either. She is trying to be British or something. She seems out of it all the time with her eyes squinting.

I notice Pam Bach is talking with a British accent @ times. Weird.

ETA:
OMG! Darryn's just said he's had contouring done to get those abs sticking out upfront like that!!

What? Kitt, why would he want to do that. Won't it now be harder to lose the fat underneath?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching today's show? It seems Tara and Darren had a talk and she tells him she's okay with him now.

Do Jedward say they are aliens?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I'm watching, but who knows if they are sincere? They'd both say anything at the moment.

Jedward are the strangest people I've ever seen. They are just odd.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Mama, yesterday I thought I heard some of the other HG's saying something about Jedward supposedly being aliens and I was wondering if Jedward say that about themselves.

They are definitely in their own world...funny to watch and it's amazing how they work off each other.

I don't like this year's aftershow (BBBOTS) as much as I liked the show last year.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There have been jokes about Jedward being aliens ever since they were in X-Factor, two years ago. Don't know who brought it up this time, but it's been said lots of times before!

I really like Jedward! They are just completely bizarre. They seem quite kind and nice though, nothing they do seems mean and they do seem to listen when they're one on one (or even two on one) with the others.

Darryn's stomach looks so fake, I couldn't understand what was going on (physically) the first time then later in the show he said about his sculpturing! I can't imagine why anyone would do that, way too freaky looking!

I don't know if Tara's past has made her voice like that, it seems like she's slowed down, like she's on some sort of tranquilizer. I thought Pamela's accent was strange too. I IMDB'd her and it doesn't mention her living anywhere in Europe.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tuesday twitters. Looks like it was another slow day:

0825. Darryn is joined in the kitchen by early birds Kerry and Tara. The kettle is on
0847. Big Brother plays a particularly nasty alarm in to the bedroom, to wake the remaining sleepy heads.
09:37 Darryn: 'some people laugh at me, some think I'm odd and others just get used to my sense of humour'. What do you think of Darryn?
The Jed-salon is open for business - could you become their next employee? Twit pic us your best Jedward hair style!
1218: Taraism of the day. "My Dog doesn't judge me."
1230: The housemates are discussing kissing etiquette in the Garden.
Bobby: My first kiss was with a girl with braces and my tongue touched her braces
Sauna Beans: Jedward put the 'baked' in bakes beans: Vid: http://tinyurl.com/3cue7xy
Housemates are concerned that Pamela is cooking meat in salad dressing and trying to fry chips!
1505: Reality is kicking in as the Housemates are talking about their families and how much they miss them
1523: The stress of communal living in the Big Brother world has gotten to Tara and she is having a little cry. More soon.
Task time! Jedward are getting changed in the diary room ready for their new task.
For this task only, Jedward are... John and Edward - separate entities! Task details and pic: http://tinyurl.com/44mze7u
16:49: Jedward-ism: Sally Bercow: "Are you left wing or right wing?" (politically speaking) John: "What, in soccer?"
17:30 - Tara: John's more masculine
17:31 - Paddy on Jedward: What you see is what you get
1753: The House pranksters Lucien and Bobby are working on some shenanigans in the Sauna
1810: Its steaming up in the Sauna, Lucien and Bobby are discussing their ideal woman
1835: http://ow.ly/i/gawz Jedward and Amy are having a fake wedding in the Garden.
1905: Another wedding ceremony between Jedward and Amy being planned. The vows have already been read, though...
2012: Paddy's started crying, he's so happy for his daughter. He's also getting angry at the lack of organisation at the ceremony
2016: John's vow: 'I'll walk side by side with you, like a dog on a leash'. Looks like we know who's wearing the trousers then
2028: The bride and groom are heading for a honeymoon... in the diary room. Exotic

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Well, Sally and Pamela don't like each other very much do they?

I didn't know much about Jedward, but now I know they are horrible little boys. They dumped a container of cole slaw on the floor and said they'd clean it, but left it there until Kerry cleaned it for them. This is after they made fun of a house meeting about keeping the house clean.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't see what started the thing against Pamela, I hadn't paid too much attention to her. I think Sally thinks she's shallow, which might be a little true ;).

Interesting Bobby activity, who'd have thought it! I don't like Darryn at all, way too quick to fly off the handle to get others to think the way he's thinking. And I like Sally more than I thought I would, she's no nonsense but quite accepting of the younger people being younger people.

Oh and Amy was good today, making sure the Jedward understood what he did was wrong and why, but keeping it all quiet so the others didn't attack him more.

I can't help but be fond of Jedward, MamaB. I agree they're little boys and there was absolutely no excuse for them not to clean up the coleslaw, but I didn't like how Paddy went out and told the others it was on the floor, when it had just dropped and was an accident, and then Darryn uses it as an excuse to start on at them again. So by then I wasn't so bothered about them not cleaning up!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Mama, many of the HG's don't seem to like Pamela. I was rolling with laughter when they started laughing at her re her asking Darryn if he took pics of them playing baseball and they had to leave the room. I lost it again when she was posing for Jedward and the others were saying she was going to fall in the water.

I just can't take to her. Don't like her voice (don't like Tara's either) and the others are saying she needs attention all the time. I don't think she even sees that they are laughing at her.

Jedward were funny on yesterday's highlights when they got in bed with Amy. Amy is so dense..doesn't get anything, but she is absolutely gorgeous and seems like a nice girl.

Darryn was very upset with the twins today. He even said later maybe he was too tough on them, but the others said no. At least they didn't keep fighting about it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another party last night. At least they're trying to keep it entertaining for the housemates. Some twitter highlights for daytime Wednesday and a few bits from last night:

0030: Bobby still doesn't understand why people are ridiculing Pamela0043: Bobby and Lucien are the last two people awake. There seems to be a real 'bromance' emerging between the two
0054: Lucien says Amy is wrapped up in her own world and Kerry is more of his type of girl. It was a Fauxmance after all
0911: Coffee is brewing... Tara & Darryn are in the kitchen complaining of sleep deprivation...!
1017: Most of the housemates are waiting in the Living room waiting for Bobby, Sally & Kerry to come out of the Diary room
Bobby, Sally and Kerry have come out of the Diary Room with this week's Shopping Task. They look adorable in their costumes
The latest news on today's WONDERFUL Task..... http://tinyurl.com/43an62j
1135: Jedward are getting their frustration out by throwing cupcakes at the glass doors.They better clean up the mess!
The hatch has just been opened for the rest of the Housemates to collect their task clobber - dress up time!
The Housemates start to migrate into the Land of Oz! #bbuklive http://pic.twitter.com/MZwvnVM
12:58 Darryn & Amy are having a quiet word about their fellow Housemates.... Amy doesn't seem impressed with something Bobby said
1404 Jedward to Paddy:"Can you relate to a Dog now you're dressed like one." "Can you relate to your dog at home."
1432: Bobby is in the sauna with his full Dorothy outfit on....
Jedward are on cleaning duty in the Kitchen, everyone else is in the Garden sitting awkwardly in their costumes.
1608: To ease the boredom Tara, Jedward & Lucien are throwing peanuts into a cup. Not sure this game will last long though
Big Brother has called all Housemates into the House and the garden has been shut off
1710: Something is causing a stink! Housemates are seriously unimpressed with a nasty mystery smell coming from the fridge

Sounds like a Wizard of Oz task all day, accompanied by lounging around and a bit of griping. I find the interactions in this group really interesting (like Lucien trying to make Amy want him, Bobby finally flipping) but there doesn't seem to be much drama.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ch5 have launched a special iPad/iPhone viewer for BB (and other shows to come). I wonder if it's a step towards feeds for the regular season.

http://www.channel5.com/verticals/big-brother/apps/download-the-special-edition-demand-5-app

The launch show got better ratings than any other broadcast tv event on at the time, and better than the last Ch4 launch, so they might have decided to go for feeds!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It's good to hear it's doing well. On today's show I didn't like Bobby too much. He is drop dead gorgeous. If I were 50 years younger... hmmm... but he has such a superior attitude. I don't like him anymore and I thought he'd be my favorite.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I like him, but I'd quite like him to stay, just because he's the only dissenting voice at the moment.

I enjoyed today's John-Edward task but then they didn't even have a quiz, they just showed them a picture for them to guess who's who. On Day One they were able to tell them apart physically!

I actually thought the hot chicken in ceasar salad dressing might be all right. Even if it wasn't the best, I don't think it would be that bad. I think Darryn just likes to make a fuss out of everything.

Anyone have any favourites on who to go? Originally I thought Kerry would be completely safe, but she's hardly featured on the shows, so I wonder if people will have forgotten to vote for her. There are going to be people that love and hate Sally and those that hate her will probably vote out Bobby, thinking Kerry already has enough votes to stay. And now Bobby has started having a personality he might get some votes of his own... I really don't have much idea who will go.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mamabatsy. Bobby seems to have his little clique. They bash the other HG's.

Did Pamela really call Darryn the 'ring bearier?' Lol! I know what it is now that bugs me about Pamela. Every time I see her face front, I see Michael Jackson. she has his nose and lips. It's so weird.

I understood Tara better today. She seems to be talking more normal. I couldn't believe she started crying because she and Sally 'felt' something was going to happen. What?

Jedward are just too funny. Loved their task and the fake John/Amy wedding.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I'm still a couple of days behind so I've skipped the tweets and a lot of posts until I can get caught up. This season is sooooo hard without live feeds because I really am enjoying this cast! They all bring such different personalities to the table.

I'm having a super hard time with the side shows, so I pretty much skip them, but I hate missing any extra footage I might see :-(
What a great group, though and I really think they need an all night, 24 hour task, like we've had before. I love it when they can't sleep!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sarasmile, I've watched most of the BBBOTS shows, and I don't think you've missed much. Most of the clips they've shown on there end up on the main show, so you just missed seeing them a bit early. There have been past guests on, like Josie and Ben, and they've been entertaining. I don't think the BOTS shows have been a must see this year (not that BBLB was last year either).

Cricket, I agree about Tara sounding more normal. Strange about her getting so upset over the tension, I wonder if her usual coping mechanisms are unavailable to her in the house. (I'm perhaps wrongly assuming she still has substance issues, due to her past problems.) Also odd was how she said the show was make or break for her, and her career depended on it. I don't know how visible CBB is to most people in the US, and it's not like it helps her get any movie roles. I guess if she embarrassed herself that might be big news, but I don't know how she'd gain much from the show.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
What sort of career did Tara have before this show? I never heard of her before but my daughter told me the only thing she knows about Tara is that she was friends with Paris Hilton. Not much of a career - so she must have done something else???? Also, Pamela is hardly a household name. Other than having been married to the most obnoxious man on earth, what has she ever done?

The only person I'd ever even heard of before this show is Paddy. That's because I was addicted to the Gypsy Wedding show. Oh yes, I did see Jedward perform on the last BB when they came into the garden, but other than that, nothing. You think that if they have Americans on the show, they'd have Americans everyone here knew. The last CBB I had heard of almost all the Americans. It's one thing to not know who the UK celebrities are, but it's odd to not even recognize the Americans.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Last night there seems to have been some misunderstanding between Darryn and Sally, and then a lot of making up in between the Wizard of Oz party. Kerry and others (in turn) had to stay up as part of the task. In the house today:

0019: Tara is telling Jedward that she'll always give them advice on girls if they need it
0050: Bobby and Darryn are chatting in the garden. They seem to be getting on well now they've cleared the air
0127: Darryn is angry at Amy for being out of costume for a while, which would technically count as a fail in the task
0215: We're off to bed now, but Kerry needs to stay up all night and patrol the yellow brick road. Will she succeed?
08:13am: Most of the Housemates are in bed asleep. Sally is in her Dorothy gear strolling on the yellow brick road for the task
0918: Pamela is kindly draping blankets over Sally while she tries to get a quick nap in between yellow brick road shifts. Bless
09:34 - Housemates awoken by the glorious sound of 'We're off to see the Wizard'! Because, because, because Big Brother said so.
Peter Pan syndrome: The Jedward boys said they don't drink milk because they believe it will make them grow up!
1155: The housemates are quiet today, maybe the weather is taking it's toll
1315: Darryn is in the Garden telling Lucien, Paddy and Tara about the ups and downs of being a pap
1303: Jedward and Tara are cooking up a storm in the kitchen. As Jedward say, "Cooking is cool"
1401: The housemates are being gathered on the sofa for the next part of their task
Housemates are speculating about the purpose of the task
1603: Bobby and Jedward are chasing each other in the garden with shaving foam
1754: Jedward are performing some gymnastics in the Garden. Kerry is walking past on the yellow brick road, seeming unimpressed
1815: Kerry and one of Jedward are playing pattercake. It's not going so well: the two are now individually practising technique
Tara is worried that she might be remembered for her role as a munchkin
1921: Kerry has asked asked Big Brother when they can stop patrolling the yellow brick road. Big Brother responded: 'be patient'

They are keeping them busy with tasks this year. Good way to keep them from just moping around.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tara's been in lots of movies (maybe not big ones) but the only movies I really know her from are the American Pie ones. She had that unfortunate incident on a red carpet where one of her shoulder straps broke and the entire cup of her dress fell down exposing one breast, and she didn't notice and carried on smiling and posing. She seems to think the show will be very important to her image but I don't think most Americans will be aware she's on it, even if they do know who she is.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Just to let you know how out-of-the-loop I am, I have no idea what the American Pie movies are. Never heard of them before. I have been to maybe two movies in the last twenty years. I've rented or borrowed some, but not too many. I tend to buy the books movies are based on and spend most or all of my free time (which is now considerable in retirement) reading, on the computer or watching TV - in that order.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
You definitely are not missing a thing, Mama - not knowing what the American Pie movies are! The ONLY reason I've ever heard of them is because Willow from Buffy, Alison Hannigan was in them. I still couldn't watch a full movie!
Tara was in 'The Big Lebowski' and "Urban Legends' and I think was in a few episodes of Scrubs on TV.