TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 11, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2011: Celebrity Big Brother: Archive through August 11, 2011 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it's due in December. Davina was almost due at the end of one of the seasons (possibly two) but being due while the show's still running is pushing it a bit! I think Emma was going to host BBLB though so it's not as bad as if she was doing the proper show hosting.

I heard they were going to release full details this week... not sure when.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BB1's Craig has been tweeting at http://twitter.com/#!/craigbigbro1. Channel Five haven't announced anything, but he's sure spilling some beans.

He says:
. "Shooting the biggest TV add today for the @BBFansC5 @BBReturns @BigBChannel5 new show, 40 housemates, and 500 extra, brass band, dances!! X"
. "It's defo being a fun day shooting this TV add, never been with so many house mates"
. Marcus Bentley is still doing voice overs
. BB starts August 18th

Pics of them filming the advert are here:
http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32083

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Finally an official announcement:
http://www.channel5.com/articles/new-big-brother-presenter-announced

Brian Dowling to host.
Regular BB will "directly follow" the celeb BB.
Emma Willis will present "Big Brother's Bit On The Side" which sounds like the new BBLB.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The new eye:

ch5eye

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Wow. That new eye is certainly cartoon-y! Is it an Eatock design? I can't find that anywhere.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What's an Eatock design?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the updates, Kitt. Since the regular BB will be following Celeb BB immediately, anyone thing the winning Celeb may stay on for the R=regular BB like they did before?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd guess not, so as not to contaminate the "regular" show with people who need special treatment. But as the show's got new ownership and presumably a whole new style you never know. I get the feeling the celebrity one is going to have pretty low status(?) celebs and might be a bit trashy but I'm holding out hope the regular one is going to be more true to how it has been.

It's a bit awkward it being late in the year when other tv shows are on. Usually over the summer there's not much to watch, so a daily hour of BB is welcome. It's going to be more difficult to keep up to date this year.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Sorry - Daniel Eatock designed the "eye" for the previous seasons - maybe not the first. I had heard he was doing this one too, but this isn't one of his.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah, thanks. It looks like it would have a different designer. I like it, and it's a very different style, which is needed for a restart. It reminds me of something but I haven't been able to work out what yet.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some more news/rumours:

Channel 5 have signed up "8 out of the 11 celebrities they wanted," including three big American names.

Jamie Lynn Spears has been offered money.

Bobby Brown and Jedward are meant to have confirmed.

Fergie (Duchess of York) is meant to have been courted, but I don't think the Royal Family would allow that.

And Celeb BB will be three weeks, the regular show just eight weeks. If true that would mean Celeb BB from Thursday August 18th to (probably) Friday September 9th, then regular BB Sep 8th to Friday November 4th.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And here's the promo advert that debuted today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMCB9nTk4H8

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Actually a really cute ad! They got so many ex HMs - very impressive.

Ckrdpast

07-20-2004

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ckrdpast a private message Print Post    
Charlie Sheen on Celebrity BB?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/01/charlie-sheen-in-celebrity-big-brother_n_914733.html

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
noooooooooooooo surely they wouldn't!?!?! What a mess that would be!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
No way he could go without drugs that long.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
And August 18th is now confirmed as the start date..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s150/celebrity-big-brother/news/a333180/celebrity-big-brother-launch-night-details-confirmed.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had uploaded all the eps of Celebrity BB to megaupload last season for everyone, and I went and checked the page just now and all the links seem to still be alive. So if anybody is still interested in seeing the last season of CBB before the links die out, here's the page of the uploads.

The instructions to download are a little different than the page shows now, but I think it will be easy to figure out.
http://www.bughug.com/c_bb.htm

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 1:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
thx naja :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
According to this guy's twitter:

http://twitter.com/BBReturns

and he's usually right, the people in the spoiler box are going to be on Celeb BB. They're all just rumours, not confirmed, but as I said this guy's normally correct so I didn't want to spoil...

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Kerry Katona (was in a teen girl band and has been on various reality shows since then. She is bipolar and there was a tv show on that (rumours are she failed the psych test for 2010 CBB)

Sue Katona (Kerry's mum, they argue a lot)

Jedward (twins will work as ONE PERSON (i.e. will be evicted together), age 19ish, won the 2009 X-Factor and have been everywhere since)

Pamela Anderson (needs no brackets)

Bobby Brown (American R&B singer, Whitney Houston's ex)

Paddy Doherty (from a reality show/documentary about gypsies and travellers, I don't know much about him)

Pamela Bach (David Hasselhoff's ex-wife)

Amy Childs (from The Only Way Is Essex, kind of a Jersey Shore equivalent)

Tara Reid (American actress from American Pie)

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Came in to post pics of the house, but from what I read, the press embargo is still on and I didn't want the site to get in trouble. Not really sure how all that works but didn't want to take the chance. Pics are out there if you want to see them, but I'll wait to post them until the embargo is over.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I've seen that same list Kitt, and I think it is pretty accurate too. It could be a really interesting group.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Channel 5 announced at midnight (10 mins ago) so I think it's ok now. Here's a link to somewhere that's posted them, so it's on them if we're not allowed to see them yet!

http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32223&PID=394748#394748

The celebs have a gym, but the regular guys afterwards won't. The whole thing's really colourful!

Christiii

07-07-2005

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
I cant wait for Paddy...I loved him on Gypsy Weddings!!
Any links to live feeds? Ive lost all my old ones...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have my old links, but they all seem to be inactive now, I guess because nothing's on yet. There's going to be some scrambling next Thursday!

A rumour of another housemate today, but I'll put him in a box just in case:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
The name is Sid Owen. He's currently on Eastenders, although his character is conveniently working in Dubai at the moment, so he certainly could be available. He's a total sweetie, a little dim but very kind hearted, I'd love it if he was in the house.