TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2011: Celebrity Big Brother: Archive through July 18, 2011 users admin

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I know that with the channel change & all the negotiations that BB UK is way behind schedule & is suppose to start in September, I don't know about the UK but I would think that a September start in the US would almost be a death knell for BB ratings.

To me BB is a summer thing, nothing much else on TV anyway.

Personally, I am thrilled, now I don't have to choose between BBUK & BBUS - there wasn't enough hours in the day to keep up with both, so I completely missed BBUS last year.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starting in August (according to Kitt)!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer :-) :-)

Recent news: Davina and Dermot have confirmed they won't be joining the Ch5 show. Both say the move is good because the show was getting too censored by Ch4.

Auditions are going on now for the main BB which will start in September. Celeb BB is starting in August, but the only names I've seen connected to it have been reality stars and WAGS. Imogen, who is now both, has hinted she'll be on it.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Hi Kitt! I'm here and ready to start watching. Two UK BB's almost back to back? Yee Haw!

By 'reality stars' could that mean previous BB peeps? Would you please refresh me who Imogen is and what WAG means? Thanks.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i love the uk version. hardly watched usa last season... however, it was the cast that did it, not the format.

There is something more nostalgic about UK, reminds me of season ONe U.S. with eddie curtis brit and josh.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Sunshyne, it's more what BB was originally meant to be. The UK version has rules and they enforce them. Our BB has become more about people wanting to become stars, so the personalites are bleh, like last year.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, mostly old BB people, or people who've become famous after the other reality shows there (X-Factor, Got Talent, etc. and C list celebs (ex-sports people or entertainers)) WAGS are "wives and girlfriends" of famous people, mostly of famous footballers. Imogen was in one of the middle seasons, and was kind of pretend sweet, one of those people! She went quite a long way. After BB she got fake boobies, became a glamour model, and has dated various footballers. Right now she's in the headlines because she allegedly had an affair with Ryan Giggs (big footballer) and he put up a gagging order so she couldn't talk to the press about him. Of course everyone found out eventually.

http://tellymix.co.uk/2011/reality-tv/big-brother/34589-imogen-thomas-hints-shell-be-on-celebrity-big-brother-on-channel-5-this-year.html

Anyway, there's talk about her, and Ryan Gigg's sister(!!) both being on celeb BB. So it seems they're going to be wanting fireworks.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, Kitt. Sounds like there might be some fireworks! Can't wait.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i dont want a sister on celeb uk. that isnt celebrity LOL.

sort of like i disliked Ronnie Woods girlfriend on the last one. Ya she was fun with Basshunter but added nothing to the cast

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today I'm seeing rumours that Marcus Bentley WILL be back as the voice of BB!

Callasin

06-21-2005

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
I saw a rumour today that they may ban alcohol.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
That would be horrible, Callasin...no fireworks. I so wish BBUK was starting sooner this year. BB US looks like a bust once again. <Sigh>

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BB US looks like it's going to be so cringeworthy. And it's bad when they do the promos featuring last year's hamsters and we just remember how irritating they were!

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/868385-big-brother-24-hour-live-feed-scrapped-in-favour-of-facebook-app#ixzz1RF7KiMEF

They're saying that there will be no channel 5 or 5* live feeds, and instead it will be on facebook??? Don't know how that will work. It might mean that they're not blocked to overseas people though. I've also heard talk of it being on youtube, but they can (and often do) block that by country.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Just read the breaking news that there will be no live feeds for BBUK. Very sad cuz when I found a streaming site, I'd listen all day at work.
They will have more clips and highlights. Don't think that's the same. Not for me anyway!!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Posting at the same time Kitt!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The good thing though is we won't be tempted to waste all our hours watching it... :-)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea the whole point of BB is the feeds so without it, its just another reality show

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bobby Brown is meant to be "confirmed" for Celeb BB. Confirmed by whom, I don't know, so possibly not real at all. He doesn't hold any appeal to me.

(other rumours: Jedward, Mike Tyson, Any childs (from a reality show), Sarah Harding (singer))

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Bobby Brown and Mike Tyson....what? They aren't from the UK. Why is the UK wanting to ruin their show with spoiled peeps from the U.S?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Because the only Brits willing to go on it are scary reality people!

Latest:

Brian Dowling will present the named show and Emma Willis will present the BBLB type sister show (great choices imo!).

http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/news/brian-dowling-named-presenter-of-big-brother-emma-willis-host-big-brothers-little-brother-11014/

Apparently next week Five should be revealing more details... like a start date. Last I heard was August 10th, which isn't far away!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Because the only Brits willing to go on it are scary reality people!

Ahh, Kitt, so the normal peeps in the UK aren't publicity hounds, eh? I guess I can only hope Tyson and Brown are booted quickly.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think that might be giving them a little too much credit ;) ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Marcus Bentley (the narrator with the accent) left Channel 4 today. Methinks he'll be joining channel Five tomorrow!!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
So happy to hear this, Kitt! Very exciting. I also heard today that Emma Willis is pregnant and due in November. I'm not positive about this but if it's true, she definitely couldn't do both shows. That makes me happy for her baby joy but sad for me because I really wanted her to be presenter.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think Brian will be brilliant. He's a super fan. witty & I think the perfect person for the job & the only one I can imagine filling Davina's heels!!

I think every celebrity edition I've seen has had a couple of "yanks" or at least one.