TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 20, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 20, 2010 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt stated:
I couldn't find a feed for BBLB, but apparently JJ1's mum was on there, and she said he argues with her like that too, and she hides in the toilet, then he shouts at her through the door! She seems like a nice lady but a "don't you talk to me like that!" would have done JJ a lot of good I think.

Oh my goodness, Kitt! That poor woman. He learned that behavior from someone, possibly his father? If so, I feel for that poor woman being stuck with both of them. He's 24. Why in the world doesn't she kick him out?

Re the tight capris (might be tight jean capris?) it's JJ1. I've never seen him in a pair of long pants or shorts, unless it's swim trunks and that's very rarely.

Sheesh, catching up on highlights from what I missed on vacation and the past week, and I was surprised Steve actually got nommed. Still can't believe Ben went home over Dave.d I also never knew there was a Laura in the house. Why do these people even apply if there is a chance they can't hack it?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I agree with your posts about John, Sunshyne and Josie is blind not to see he's doing the same to her he admitted to doing to BB today. If they fight he threatens to leave until she gives in. Why can't she see it?

He manipulates people...not a nice trait.

Have hope, though. There seems to be a chance he will go Friday; hence his threat of walking today. He's scared of the public...sheesh!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The thing that bothered me during the highlights show today is that John James didn't really see anything wrong with the way he spoke to Rachel. He actually seemed proud of himself for speaking to her as if she was a wanna-be hooker. He only became upset when he knew that Nathan was her boyfriend. He was afraid of Nathan but really didn't care at all about what he had said, just that it would upset Nathan. And he asked to speak to Nathan, which they arranged this morning, to apologize to NATHAN!!! He needed to apologize to Rachel. So he didn't care that he snowed no respect towards a woman, only that he might have disrespected the man she "belongs" to. I am so disgusted by this little crabby-eyes twerp that I cannot tell you what I really think he is or I would be permanently banned from TVCH.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I just watched BBLB from today and JJ's Mom actually said that he follows her around the house when he's on a rant, even to the bathroom and she has to yell through the door for him to give her a break for 5 min. She didn't say she hides from him, but she did say he argues and won't stop just like he does in the house once he's got something on his mind; however, I saw part of the problem. She defended his hypocrisy about yelling @ Corin re makeup and then refusing to wear the crab costume as saying it was a big deal because of the fight w/Josie about it. Did his Mom not realize her son started that argument and wasn't in the right?

She also tried to say in a way that it isn't that he disrespects women; it's that he thinks of men and women the same. Inotherwords he's very advanced that way. I wish the interviewer would have asked her why he doesn't rant at the larger men then?

Sounds like she's created part of this behavior by making excuses for him, so I don't pity her anymore. She's very small. Rachel 1 was standing next to her and she towered over her.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info... I still haven't got to BBLB, just watching the highlights now. I think there are a lot of things contributing to JJ1's JJ1ness, and I agree his mum has probably got a lot to do with it. I still think there's something psychologically different about him, if he doesn't technically fall under the definition of sociopathic behaviour he's way over that side of the spectrum, he just doesn't see things how others see them. I think that's partly why he gets a bee in his bonnet and just can't let go, and partly why he's so ridiculously competitive and obsessed. Then on top of it his dad's death would no doubt have made everything more intense. He's definitely a complicated man-child. A complicated man-child I can't wait to see go.

Wow just watching the bit with him and Rachael. They BOTH start up and at the end of it of course it's all Rachael's fault. Then he goes back and lies about what he said to her, and Dave asks gleefully if she cried!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just got to the end and the diary room session... what a reaction! Too right, Mamabatsy, he finally sees that he's offended someone who could actually intimidate him so he thinks he needs to talk to the guy who he thinks owns the girl he actually insulted!! Completely bizarre! If he doesn't already see a shrink he really should, no joke. There's something there that is just dangerous.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Here are some pics from CH4, click here.

Day 72 Titan Returns

Day 71 Ben's Visit

From DS pics, more Day 70, flood day; cute pic of John and Josie; JJ looks hilarious in that costume.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I think what Nathan did to Shabby is much more dangerous and telling than anything John has said to anyone, that bothered me more. And I don't recall him being a gentleman to anyone. I don't like women playing the victim, Rachel was right in there with John; I don't feel it's one sided, they are each responsible for what they said to the other. But what better way for Rachel to get revenge on John for not liking her, it must kill her that he gave Josie a second look, but not her. I hope John apologizes to Rachel, be the bigger person, but I don't see that happening, they can't stand each other, likely more so now.

Muse

08-09-2001

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Sure, Rachael said some things to John to get under his skin. But I think he was definitely the primary instigator -- somewhat this time, but especially when he first went after her in Week 1. So he thinks that she's a bit snotty and superficial. Who cares? At the time he claimed he was trying to defend Ben, but Ben just seemed confused by that claim.

Mamabatsy, I agree that John James should have been apologizing to Rachael, not Nathan. He's never truly sorry for his behavior because he never fully accepts responsibility for his own actions.

Ben and Mario were rather cute together. :-) I have really enjoyed Ben since his eviction. I think it's the "limited dosees" thing.

I will keep my fingers crossed for a John James, Steve, and Dave eviction. I'd also like to see JJ go, but I know that's not realistic.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
The reason Rachel said what she said doesn't excuse her, just like John's reason's don't excuse him; if he's meant to take responsibility for his words, then so is she.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
It's funny how John James' crazy fans will defend him no matter what he does and how wrong he is.

It was hilarious watching that coward crying in the DR to leave so he could run back to Australia with his tail between his legs.

He is definitely going home tomorrow. Finally.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
What's crazy is John is said to be disprespecting women for arguing with someone, but Sam was defended after he called Josie every name in the book and sat on her face--I don't know how much more disrespectful to a woman that can be, it seemed more like assault to me, then he went after Corin, that must be okay too. Ben saying the same line to different women, very disrespectful, very patronizing, but that was okay to some bc he's such a charmer. Then of course Nathan and what he did to Shab, but that seems to be okay bc it was just her.

Lots of people could be characterized as disprecting women this season, but then again, some people think disrespecting women only applies to, not women in general, but what their version of pretty is, in this case it's Rachel. Poor Rachel, had to make sure she stuck it to John for, my guess, not choosing her, but poor Rachel bc John said mean things to her, and she's such a frail little flower, the blazing guns must have been hidden in the background.

Also crazy is BB is all about not threatening HMs, but they didn't have a problem with Nathan threatening John, through Corin of course, not to mention Nathan talking about the outside, that was okay when it came to making sure John got the threat. BB also let both Mario and Corin choose a friend, but not John, both were the most irritating.

John never said he wanted to leave the house to go back to Australia, he was going to speak to Nathan, not threaten violence the way Nathan, through Corin, did to him, but speak to Nathan to straighten out what he had been told by Corin, not to mention make sure his mother didn't get caught up in the middle.

John is an equal opportunity arguer, it doesn't matter who you are, if he gets annoyed, he'll tell you, I've seen worse. John may leave, but that might be just what he wants, he gets to do the side shows, see his family, have lots of fun--crazy times.

I'm not bothered if John leaves tonight, I'm much more put off by Corin right now, how she treated her girlfriend bothers me.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Dave and Sam have trashed the BB house.
They have covered the place in rice, cereal, dried spaghetti and brown paper. They spelled out "Glory" on the floor with grains, and Dave wrapped Sam head to toe in brown paper. Sam then got in bed wrapped up, and then took it all off again, and continued their "antics".

Big Brother has told them to clean it up and will not give them a vacuum. They only have a broom.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
John James has not only declared on LF that he will NOT do the eviction interview, but now he also says he will NOT do BBBM "for them to take the piss out of me"

He drives me crazy with this attitude that he's the BB star and "they" need him more than he needs them. If he is ever finally evicted, I'm not so sure his big head will fit through those double doors.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
You Know You've Watched Too Much Big Brother When... This is a thread on one of the forums I like to read - I laughed my head off at these. I've copied the link below for anyone else who wants a giggle
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157027

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Stormie, perhaps it's a difference in degree. While others have had disagreements with individuals, they often just have a blow up and it's over. Sometimes they say things that they later regret. Sometimes they have been voted out because of their behavior other times they have been called into the diary room and told to shape up. Ben was voted out mainly because of one off-the-cuff comment that he thought was funny, but wasn't funny to the general world. Sam was called into the diary room several times because of his behavior towards Josie. I don't recall what Nathan said or did to Shabby. I tuned out when he was on because I didn't understand a word he said.

BTW, Nathan never, that is NEVER, threatened physical harm to John James. He wanted to talk to him and he was angry. Corin told JJ1 about Nathan's anger, SHE said they might need security at the wrap party to keep them apart, and the MEN in the house convinced JJ1 that he was in danger because THEY would physically go after someone who spoke to their wife/girlfriend/daughter the way JJ1 had talked to Rachel.

John James has been relentless since week one in his aggressive language towards those he considers weaker than he is. BB has not only never told JJ1 to stop, but has acquiesced to his every demand. IMO that is why people have zeroed in on his behavior rather than on the behavior of others.

My personal opinion is that BB realized early on that they are dealing with a mentally unstable individual and they have been walking on eggshells not to push him over the edge.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Current Betting Odds:

Bookmakers have tipped John James, Sam, Steve and Dave to depart in tonight's quadruple eviction.

The foursome have the shortest odds on leaving the show this evening, when eight housemates face the public vote.

John James is rated at 1/5 by Paddy Power and is the hot favourite for the chop, while Sam (6/1), Steve (7/1) and Dave (10/1) are also believed to be in trouble.

Punters can back Corin to be one of the contestants leaving at 14/1, while Mario is currently 16/1. Andrew and boxer JJ are thought to be safe with relatively long odds of 20/1 and 40/1 respectively.

Josie remains the favourite to win Big Brother 11 with current odds of 1/2.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Sarasmile. That is my dream team for leaving but as we've seen this season, the odds makers can be wrong. I hope they are right and in that order. It will be interesting to me to see if Corin is supportive of Josie after JJ1 leaves. That could make or break her chances of winning. Josie has been up and down these past few days. Being nasty and nice but has been a terrific support for Corin. Corin does seem a little (OK a lot) self absorbed, but if she can show a caring side to Josie after JJ1 leaves even thought she will be thrilled at the news, she could gain a lot of support.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There are quite a few bookies that now have Corin above Dave to go :-(. I wonder if this ProjectDeadwood will have an effect that doesn't factor into the betting odds - if it does Corin should be safer as it was aimed towards the men.

If John James wants to mess up the eviction they should tell him to leave before it starts. He wants to make everything the John James show, and it's well beyond time BB just says enough.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Eviction day twitters:

09.34 The House have been woken up by the Big Brother alarm
10.58 Dave and Sam are saying how much they enjoyed their pranks last night
11.21 Sam has stuck a fake moustache on himself it actually suits him!
11.43 JJ and John are in the nest chatting about the eviction tonight
11.59 Steve and Corin are singing in the Garden
12.30 Sam is asking John and Josie about Caoimhe and Shabby
12:41 Mario and Andrew are cuddled up in bed.
13.01 Dave is trying to kip but the Big Brother alarm is going off
13.26 It's egg butty time in the House
13.42 The House are playing one of Sam's crazy games in the Garden
14:13 Mario and Corin are chatting and giggling in bed.
14.54 Sam is fed up of talking about the eviction
15.45 Corin is packing her clothes and she has an awful lot!
16:21 Corin is having a lovely sing-song with Josie at the Carousel
17:14 Dave just defeated Andrew is a game of 'one knee, two knee' aka elimination catch

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
John James was in the diary room for ages, but has just come out, and seems like he's not about to do anything right this second at least. Actually he seems quite jolly for him, he's grinning even when nothing's happening. Makes me wonder what happened in the DR.

If the odds are anything to go by, and the reports of them going out to interview in pairs are true) then it seems likely John James and Steve will be leaving together. I don't know if Steve is able to climb those tall stairs, or if they'll have to take him (and therefore most likely both of them) out the back way. I wonder if that will change what John James does - is he going to be more respectful because he's with Steve, or will the fact that he might not be going out the front doors make it more likely he'll refuse to do the interview, because he'll have an easy way to bypass the crowd?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Did John threaten to walk again? BB must have told him he is going because he is super scared about this eviction.

Thanks for the great pics, Stormie.

Kitt, I completely agree with you that there is something more wrong with John than just his mother covering for him as times. She admitted yesterday that his treatment of Rachel during the massage was bad and not right. There is something mental going on with him and some day he's going to go off at the wrong time or to the wrong person and get his clock cleaned. He really needs counseling for his own benefit.

Last night I read that Ben filled a glove with water (they were saying it looked like udders) went to the bedroom where JJ2 and Dave said don't even think about it. Dave told him he would 'lay him out.' Then, apparently Dave gets up and starts playing catch in the living room with Sam with the water-filled glove. Here are the results. Everyone said Sam's giggle was very funny.

Sam and Dave Play Catch With Waterglove

Did they just stay up and go on to trash the house, or did they go to bed and do that today?

ETA: Thanks, Sarasmile, I'm reading the thread now.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Housemates are saying they're "an hour in front" (with BB's pre-eviction check list) than they normally are. I think they're going to film the "live" eviction earlier, so that if JJ1 delays anything, or if Steve goes and they need a bit more time to get him to the studio they can edit it before it airs.

must go do something productive and stop watching the feed!!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
They trashed the house right after the waterglove catching. I thought it would be "funny" if BB cleared the store room of all foods.

I kept thinking of Steve coming out the next day on artificial legs & slipping on the beans & muck & cracking his head. Hopefully BB will require a clean up first.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 20, 2010 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Willwillbee. I can't believe how friendly Dave has been toward Sam since Ben came to the house and told them Sam was popular on the outside.

I so hope Corin DOES NOT go tonight. I want her to win. Yesterday I was watching old highlights and the one of her in the DR getting pies thrown in her face was hysterical. She always takes one for the team and has be upbeat the whole time. She deserves to win over Josie.

Sarasmile, that thread you posted is hysterical. I especially liked the one about the person living alone and pulling pranks on themselves, lol. Also, we have mole problems in our yard and I'll never be able to think of them in the same way again, lol.