TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 17, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 17, 2010 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
After reading about today's rant, I dislike JJ1 even more than I did before. I didn't think that was possible. He had Corin in tears because she wouldn't do what HE wanted her to do while he refused to do what BB told him to do. He has to be the biggest hypocrite in the world.

He has since put the crab costume on. I wonder if he will now sit in a corner and cry because they will call him crab eyes. I want him out first on Friday. I dislike him more than I dislike Dave and I didn't think that was possible.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Oh, Josie gave him boatloads of praise for putting on the crab costume: "I'm sooooo proud of you, John James" and everyone was really nice to him.

When Josie asked why he changed his mind, he said something along the lines of: "It doesn't bother me the fact that people call me [crab eyes] – it more bothers me about the fact that people stoop so low to insult me..."

I didn't really follow his explanation.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wish I knew what crab eyes means. My dh said he thought it was cross-eyed, but I don't think JJ is. He reacts to it as if it's something he's been called before.

I definitely think JJ1 will go first. And you know how accurate I've been in my predictions ;) ;).

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Crab eyes are beady little shifty eyes set too close together. Just like John James' eyes. Just made that up, but it seems reasonable to me.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He'd be better off if he didn't use the guyliner if that is it... it makes his eyes seem even more dark and set back.

The live stream is off due to a thunderstorm!! Don't know if they had a power cut!

Marksman

05-04-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
Actually Josie called him crab eyes when he was crying all the time and wanted to leave, I think the first time.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it was Steve who called him it, then Josie repeated it, and that started one of those big Josie-JJ arguments. But I wondered if he'd been called it outside the house, as he reacted so badly to it.

Marksman

05-04-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
Yeah his over-reaction to it makes me think it is something heard before. Maybe it is some Australian slang he brought into the house.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What do you all think the effect of today's show is going to be?

They made Corin look ignorant (the pope thing), then I don't know how she would have looked over the wig. I thought she kept it together and was ok, but I can see people thinking she took it too seriously. At the end I thought she reacted well to the whole fake accusation.

I don't think John James could have done anything but weaken his chances of being evicted, same with Sam - it wasn't one of his better days.

Somehow Dave was hardly seen, despite apparently (DS) egging Sam on to steal the wig.

I thought Mario looked good and they didn't show him pouting too much over the results. I like him best when he's sharing facts but I know others think that's him being boring.

Wonder what made them put Andrew as third most fake. I haven't seen anything fake about him.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
After reading about today's rant, I dislike JJ1 even more than I did before. I didn't think that was possible. He had Corin in tears because she wouldn't do what HE wanted her to do while he refused to do what BB told him to do. He has to be the biggest hypocrite in the world.

Exactly,Mamabatsy. Who does he think he is saying BB can't make him do anthing, nor can any of the housemates. Where does he come off bullying the others? I wish BB would show him the door. He's begging them to...basically telling them HE is running THEIR show and there is nothing they can do about it. Do something, BB.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
They ended todays show with a very good edit for Corin. With her saying she might have said something about them calling her fake but she looked at her orange face in her picture and she couldn't say anything at all. You had to laugh at her laughing at herself. That's the best part of her - that she doesn't take herself seriously as long as they leave her personal belongings alone. I also loved Josie putting JJ1 in his place when she said he'd kick off if anyone hid his face cream. He said he'd walk and she told him that was stupid. He was just trying to make Corin mad enough to walk. As stupid as she appears, she's a whole lot smarter than JJ1.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
So all the hgs have been evacuated due to a freak storm! The feeds have been off for almost 3 hours now...too weird!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Evacuated! Either that's a killer storm or they know the house isn't well built. I thought they had just turned off camera equipment that might have attracted lightening.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
Here's a picture of the living room.
http://i36.tinypic.com/audxzt.png

Marksman

05-04-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
That is crazy. With so little time left, this is going to mess things up something good I suspect.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
http://bb-cache.channel4.com/bigbrother/video/2010/Aug/17/housemates-evacuated-after-freak-storm/play.c4

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
OMG! That is really flooded.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Whoa! I hope they had time to get some of their personal stuff off the floor... and the beds... and just about everywhere else!

They've probably known about the holes in the roof for a while, and thought, hey, it's only got to last one more summer, what could go possibly go wrong! ;) ;)

Think what it would have been like if it was next Tuesday not this one!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hey it's gone midnight... are they going to be able to sleep in that bedroom? Hotel rooms without outside influence arranged this late would be just about impossible.

Ok, they are apparently back in the house and all sleeping in the small task room!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And from Facebook... sounds a bit ominous with "and the series":

We can confirm our lovely housemates are safe and sound in the task room that hasn't been destroyed by the rain.

The production team are trying their best to sort the house out.

This has been one disastrious night for Big Brother, and we will keep you updated in the morning or through the night perhaps with any other news regarding the house and the series.

(and now I'm reading that message might not be from an official source)

Marksman

05-04-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
Actually be awesome if they all had to be cooped up in the small task room for the rest of the show. :-) Also no smoke breaks. They might kill each other, but we will get some action.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No smoke breaks... you're cruel!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There are going to be no feeds overnight on E4, so that presumably applies to the streaming ones too. The officialbblive twitter is tweeting, so it looks like there is some chance everything could work out after a day, two days???, however long it takes to dry out a house and all the electronics and...!

http://twitter.com/officialbblive

BREAKING NEWS: The housemates have returned to the House after the flood earlier tonight
01:17 Big Brother has set up a temporary bedroom for the housemates in the large task room after tonight's flood
01:26 The group are all settling into their temporary accommodation. Most of the housemates seem to finding their air beds comfortable
01:28 Big Brother has dimmed the lights so that housemates can sleep if they want to
01:35 Mario and Andrew have chosen beds next to each other as have John James and Josie

That's got to be pretty cramped.

Marksman

05-04-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Mario and Andrew are going to do it tonight.

I would hope this whole flood and escape and comeback might put Corin's wigs and make up into perspective for her, but I doubt it will.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Andrew's cuddling up to Mario is one of the reasons I like him so much. He's got such a crush on him in a completely innocent way, and either doesn't care, or doesn't realise, it's unusual. I think he's sweet.

There's a forum member at DS who's part of the BB team, "inbb." He/she has been posting and said this:

The reason that the live feed has not returned tonight is that there is no compliance team* to control it.

The overnight compliance team were due to start just after the problems started at the house and seen as the housemates were taken out of the house and were talks of keeping them in a hotel at the time... the team were told to go home.

My prediction is that the live feed will return when the next compliance shift begins which is around 7am

*For those that don't know, the compliance team look after the live broadcast in legal terms and insure that the broadcast complies with ofcom guidelines. They are the people who put the bird noise on and cut out the best bits

Interesting, and explains why they haven't turned the cameras on in the task room. Doesn't mean the house will be habitable tomorrow though.

He also said most of the "broadcast cables" are waterproof, like the ones they use on location, so the house cameras are likely to still be working but other electrical stuff like the lights might be off for a while.