TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 17, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 17, 2010 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
After reading about today's horseplay, watching yesterday's play fight during the Mexican theme party and remembering all the "play" fights Dave has with everyone, I wonder if he plays that rough with his kids. Is it that he doesn't know his own strength? Is it that he dislikes the people he's with so much that he lets his aggression out on them? Sometimes I think he thinks he is playing and other times I think he is getting away with what he knows is violence. One thing is sure, I'd love to have him out first on Friday. He, and most of the housemates, think he is beloved on the outside. I really do not want him to make it to the final day.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I read something about Dave performing exorcisms for his church, and I've wondered exactly how that goes, having seen how vicious he appears when "playing." I think he enjoys inflicting pain, he even talks about it sometimes, all in a playful way of course, or rather a way that others would feel uncomfortable challenging him as to being anything other than playful.

In all the seasons, from my memory, other than that Kenneth who was that psycho boyfriend of Karly last(?) year I don't think we've seen anyone who behaves quite as despicably as Dave. And in a way he's worse than Kenneth as Kenneth didn't really portray himself to be anything other than what he was. I am truly shocked that he hasn't been voted out by now, and will be a little bit sad for my country if he isn't out on Friday.

Muse

08-09-2001

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
I agree that Dave enjoys inflicting pain. He always thinks it's very funny, even when the recipient doesn't seem to find the humor in it. He's lucky that this group of HMs is pretty easygoing about that kind of thing.

Dave's odds of going have increased recently. His behavior on yesterday's highlights definitely hurt him, I think. I hope he continues to dig his own grave, because he really does need to go on Friday.

I think these "operations" are pretty transparent. They're set up by people who want to protect their own personal favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if the people promoting them don't even vote the way they're encouraging people to vote -- just seems like there's some shady things going on. Ultimately I think everyone's going to vote the way they want to vote anyway. It might be "strategic", but it'll be the individual person's strategy.

Loved Sam's ninja. Too funny how he got caught and had to race out of the room. JJ and Mario did their best to help him...it would have been easier if John James and Josie hadn't been so nosy, though. :-)

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 3:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
dave has gone a bit strange in there. He has been refusing the Bible, he has started to Rethink the cult thing and the people who feed off of his fire - get off on his Visions and prophesies. I was really surprised at some of the stuff he's been saying lately.

He has been shown as someone who doesnt have a good grasp of when is going TOO far. ITs almost part of his mania to start hurting people. Its strange.

I didnt see the Ball Smacking competition however, it sounds like Dave scored the Most direct hits on the young guys. Sam sounded in major pain then was cohersed to do it again.

I have NOT seen this but it sounds like it was DAVE wailing those oranges at the Young men's privates. Dont you think an ADULT ? a Man of the CLoth should be involved in genital torture?

i would love to see him first gone on friday

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it's more that the longer he's been in the house the less able he is to control the more extreme parts of his personality. And it's almost like him not being evicted has reassured him that what he's doing is ok. Odds today (still only that one bookie running, not sure why) have him third likely to go, after Sam and JJ1 :-). I'm beginning to feel he might actually, finally, leave the house!

I'm a bit behind, haven't seen yesterday's show yet. Haven't seen much of the antics with Corin except what they're shoing on today's BBLB.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters, quite a few today but none very exciting:

10:22 Housemates are awake after a lie-in. Corin is doing her make up in the Bathroom
11.29 Sam has realised he stole the wrong wig!
11.34 Sam has now stolen the correct wig!
12:12 Mario tells Corin that peoples' personalities are really starting to get on his nerves
14:37 Corin is straightening her hair and having a good old sing-song to herself
14:59 Sam thinks that Davina should be in 'Ultimate Big Brother'
15:14 Dun! Dun! Dun!! Corin has found that her wig is missing!
15:44 Corin has (with quick precision!) managed to find her hidden wig
16.44 Most of the House are having a sunbathe in the Garden
17:01 Dave just told John James that he once saw a real werewolf
17:18 Josie is in the Diary Room taking part in the 'Rate Your Mates' task
17.21 Dave and John James are arguing about werewolves
18:13 Housemates are on the sofas talking about their favourite types of chocolate

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Dave just told John James that he once saw a real werewolf

Seriously? I really hope this makes it to the HL show. I could only listen to the feeds for about an hour this am so of course I missed this discussion.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
Seriously, how do you argue about Werewolves?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Two funny posts about Dave early this AM.

1:16AM
Corin about diary room BB : i did ask if he wanted Dave to come in but he said "no he bores me, all he does is moan"

Dave starts moaning about the DR never calling him.

1:20AM
Dave lifting his mic closer to his face
Corin: there's no need to do that
JJ2: they've probably put it on mute

ROFL! Even BB is tired of this guy. Why won't the public help them out and boot Dave?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He seems to have been going on a lot about being "persecuted" by BB.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Schedule for the next couple of weeks, and into Ultimate Big Brother:

Mon 16 August
5.10-6.30am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
5.10-10pm Live Feed

Tue 17 August
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4-10pm Live Feed

Wed 18 August
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4-10pm Live Feed

Thu 19 August
5.20-6.35am Live feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4.25-10pm Live Feed

Fri 20 August
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
1-2pm and 2.35-3.25pm Eviction Show extra long
3.20-4.25pm BBBM
4.25-10pm Live Feed

Sat 21 August
?? Live Feed can't see a live feed
1-2pm Highlights
4.55-10pm Live Feed

Sun 22 August
3.25-4.30am BBLB
6.30-6.55am Live Feed
1-2pm Highlights
4.05-10pm Live Feed

Mon 23 August
5.10-6.30am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4.50-10pm Live Feed

Tue 24 August
5.20-6.30am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
12-2.50pm The Final
2.50-3.50pm BBBM
3.50-10pm Live Feed

Wed 25 August
5.55-7.45am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.10pm Ultimate Highlights
4-10pm Live Feed

Thu 26 August
5.20-6.30am Live feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.10pm Ultimate Highlights
4.25-10pm Live Feed

Fri 27 August
5.20-6.30am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
1-2pm and 2.35-3.25pm Ultimate Eviction Show extra long
3.20-4.25pm BBBM
4.25-10pm Live Feed

Looks like the first Ultimate BB Friday might be a double eviction.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooooo I love the Davina McCaw game from today's highlights! They really are trying to stir them up. Mario's got one of those faces where if he's upset I can't help but saw aww and want to make him feel better.

Seems like the last few shows have showcased Dave's (yesterday's show) and John James' (today's) bad sides.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
What does Steve do for a living? I was under the impression that he lived on what we call disability.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He goes round to groups with disabled people and promotes making a full life even after a severe disability. I think he might not be paid for it though. He'd get an army disability pension as he was injured while he was serving, and I think he would get that whether he had other paid work or not.

Muse

08-09-2001

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Quite an interesting night on the feeds. BB set up a game where the HMs had to rank all the HMs in order based on traits like "most desperate to win", "most enertaining", "most forgettable", "most devious", etc. As expected, certain HMs were rated highly (Josie received the best rank on virtually everything) and certain less popular HMs were rated really low (Sam in particular, but also Corin, Mario, and Andrew). John James was also a complete jerk during the game, repeatedly insulting people and explaining why they deserved low rankings. Corin was his favorite target.

After the game John James' group sat discussing the rankings for hours. Mario wandered off and was sad. Sam made him a little origami gift to cheer him up (so sweet!), and Corin and Andrew came over and sort of joked about how the other group was obsessing over the board, and about their own unpopuarity. You could tell that they were hurt/upset/angry, but they also made some pretty good points. I think Mario realizes that John James and Dave really aren't his friends, and Andrew is starting to realize that they basically just tolerate him.

Then John James' group continued to gloat about the board ("The board don't lie" was repeated over and over) in the bedroom as everyone tried to go to sleep.

I really dislike John James and his followers in the house. They're definitely the bullies of the group, and their egos are out of control. :-( I have a feeling that it will be edited to make the others just look bitter, though...which they were, but IMO it was justified. How often can you be insulted and still act like it's funny?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That sounds pretty horrible. I particularly hate seeing Andrew sad, he's so raw with it. Got to hope they show it fairly tomorrow - I think they will, they've shown more and more of John James' and Dave's behaviour recently - but I know what you mean about it maybe making the others look bitter, sometimes both Mario and Andrew can look very immature (well, not just look, but act) and they could easily choose to show that. Both Mario and Andrew are going to be touch and go on who stays and who goes, and this sort of thing could tip the scales.

Muse

08-09-2001

Monday, August 16, 2010 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Agreed, Kit. Mario also said a couple of times that he doesn't understand why Josie is the favorite to win BB (pointing out that she has spent a lot of time in bed and glued to John James). He said that it might be the editing, because while he likes her, he doesn't get the "amazing person" talk. She seems like a "normal person" to him.

While ITA, I don't think the Josie fans will like that. They also won't like that Corin stood up to John James a bit, either. The editing will tell the story, but it has tended to favor John James, Josie, and Dave in the past. So...we'll see.

I'm going to be disappointed if Dave and Steve end up in the finals. :-(

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
This am, HMs were given a task from Bob Righter to be unpredictable for a day. I haven't been listening to the feeds, but apparently it was suggested that Corin should take her make up off to be unpredictable. Corin refused to do this and John James and Sam have been aruing with her about not being a team player. I don't think the task was given for JUST Corin to be unpredictable. I had hoped that JJ1 and Sam would lay off Corin by now, but it appears they are still gung ho trying to get her to kick off. I really really really hope it backfires for them.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Last night, Bob Righter came to life! Complete with glowy eyes and everything - I recommend going to the Ch 4 website to watch the video because it's pretty cool.
This current shopping task is based on predictions Bob Righter made that are now in the briefcase the HMs have to guard 24 hrs a day.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought that was going to be a lot creepier than it actually was! Funniest thing was it was meant to be filmed in the middle of the night, and the Tree of Temptation had his "someone's just woken me up" crackly voice!

Bet one of Bob's predictions is that Dave will have said "belly," and he has. That Corin will say "buzzin'," that sort of thing.

I think Josie's appeal is that she is normal, or a caricature of normal.

I'm still only seeing a few sites displaying betting odd for this week, not sure why it's different or if they'll open tomorrow, because that's the usual time for voting to start. Both sites that are open are giving a bottom four of JJ1, Sam, Dave and Steve. Trouble is if there are actually people voting tactically (ProjectDeadwood) rather than in the usual way, the odds might not reflect that. Had another look at twitter and ProjectDeadwood is still rolling, and they're still not sure on whether Mario or JJ2 is one of them... and there are still a lot of "get John James out" and "get Sam out."

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters... seems like there's still a lot of rowing:

09:09 The housemates are fast asleep but little do they know what Bob Righter has in store for them... http://bit.ly/coLS3i
10:13 The housemates were just woken up by Bob Righter's theme tune. Mario dived out of bed and ran to the Living Room.
10:57 Bob Righter has revealed a new task to the housemates in a cryptic message and it is already causing arguments
11:38 The housemates are on the sofa discussing the new task. Bob Righter is already causing trouble. http://bit.ly/a0wbfW
12:56 The housemates are acting unpredictably. Steve is kicking up a stink, Dave doesn't believe in God anymore and Sam is being nice.
13:48 Bob RIghter has come to life again. Sam has gone to the Diary Room.
14:27 John James and Josie are under the covers. That's a bit predictable..
15:30 John James has just spent a long time in the Diary Room.
16:09 Josie is in the Diary Room. She is the second housemate to receive their individual task from Bob Righter
17.21 John is having a massive rant in the Garden

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
BB is giving individual tasks and when JJ1 went to the DR to get his, he came out and told everyone that he refused his task. It was to dress up in a crab costume.
He refused .
Corin pointed out that JJ1 and Sam suggested she not wear makeup and she refused THEM - BB has never asked her to not put on her makeup. This argument against Corin has gone on all day and Corin ended up in the bathroom crying.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's just some random reason JJ1 is finding to justify what he intended to do anyway - whatever he wanted.

I've gone back and forth all season wondering whether JJ1 is calculated and intentional in all his attacks, or whether he is just so emotionally uncontrolled that he really has no option over what he does, and I'm finally, this last week or so, camped on the "calculated" side.

His treatment of Corin has swayed it for me. She may have a bit of a fierce side when she reaches a certain point, but day to day she's been nice and supportive, if sometimes a bit bland. Why JJ1 needs so strongly to basically destroy her I just can't understand in any way except that he sees her as more popular than he is, and he thinks he can "expose" her and lose her votes. He's been the same with others, that first Rachael is the obvious one, but there was always the possibility that she hit a nerve because she reminded him of a girl who snubbed him, something like that, but he's lived happily with Corin for weeks, and now just seemed to decide she was next on his list. Even Josie is rowing with him about his treatment of her.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
And now, John James gives up and he has put on the crab costume. JJ is wearing a sumo wrestler costume.