TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 13, 2010 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
havent watched HLs for two days. OK thx

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The horse got a 3rd- so it was £300 for the shopping this week...

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to catch up on the live feeds and on today's feeds @ approx. 7:55 PM (UK house time,) Dave and Sam are having a discussion about the housemates and who might win, etc. I thought Dave said something about "on Sunday...or on the last day when the public votes for who to stay....." Did I misunderstand or do the housemates think it's near the end and the last vote is a vote for who to stay. I haven't watched any UK season from beginning to end, but don't they have a vote to stay before the last vote or not?

By the way, Dave was using this talk to get info from Sam about who Sam thought might win and whether Mario had a chance. Hmmm. They both thought Corin has a good chance.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know, Cricket, Sam would definitely know it ends in two weeks, and I think JJ and Jo do too, and probably Andrew, so maybe someone let something slip. Rachel was saying loads of things about outside the house so she might have told them.

Yep, in recent years, near the end they've had a vote to stay, then gone back to a vote to evict for a week or two, then to the vote to win at the end. (I like it, as it often gets rid of some boring people.) I think if anyone has watched previous seasons they'd know that too, so that might be what Dave's on about.

It'd be a shame if they are all prepared, I was hoping for a bit of last minute excitement ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just watching today's show and Dave's just got his letter from his children. Did anyone think it sounded like it was a coded message? Has anyone watched the live feeds since and knows if he's changed his attitude at all? To me it sounded like they were saying not to worry (that it might not have gone as well as planned) as he tried his best, but maybe that's just what it sounded like with kind of hindsight.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I haven't gotten to the part you're talking about yet, Kitt - but I am furious about Dave questioning Andrew's sexuality because he was cuddled up with Mario on the bed! Dave - the one who rubbed Ben's chest while Ben's elbow was in his crotch. Dave - the one who has fondled every male in there. He drives me nuts and I can't take it anymore that Jo will leave over him on Friday and there's no double eviction.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think we have to steel ourselves for the fact he'll probably make it to the finale, but be happy that if he isn't out next week he'll be one of the first out on finale night. And in many ways being the first out on finale night is one of the most humiliating evictions, especially if you've been up for eviction before. It means no one could be bothered enough to vote you out and no one could be bothered enough to vote to keep you. For someone as self-important as Dave, that's got to hurt.

(Alternatively he might just have hoards of his followers voting for him, in which case it's going to hurt us.)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Dave is just a horrible man. I think his whole sob story today of missing his family was an attention getter. I'm sure he misses his family. He has probably missed his family since day one. But this week he needs to tug at hearts so that the voting public remembers that he is a family man. Of course we have all seen that he is a family man who fondles men, physically hurts other housemates and makes nasty comments all the time, but still a family man.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks so much for the responses, Kitt. Now I get the pantomine task.

Dave questioning someone because they were cuddling?

Can we spell H p o c r i t, class? Unbelievable. One part of his religion he isn't lying about is that he's definitely high on something, because he's lives in an alternate universe or something. I don't believe God would make him that clueless. Can't wait until he sits down to wtch the show.

Muse

08-09-2001

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Dave still won't see his hypocrisy even when he watches the show, IMO. I think his arrogance is so great that he can't even see how his behavior might be wrong (let alone admit it). Davina could call him out on it in his exit interview, but the show has failed to show 90% of it. So that probably won't happen, either.

Sunshyne, I think I can find a bigger clip of Sam calling Dave out on his behavior (beyond the few seconds shown on the highlights). I'll message you. If anyone else wants it, just let me know.

I really hope that next week is a double eviction with everyone up. Otherwise I think that the JJJ fans will target Sam, Corin, and Mario -- my three favorites. :-(

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dave is such a skilled manipulator of words he could turn any situation or conversation into one where he is in the right and the other person is wrong, I don't think even if Davina pointed out some of his behaviour he would do anything but explain his way out of it. I don't understand why those inside the house don't see it more - or maybe they do but feel he's too liked that they don't go for him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters:

09:33 The House is now awake!
10.09 Sam is doing a spot of hoovering in the Living Room
10.38 JJ has discovered Sam's late night pranks
11.38 The House are prepping the shopping list for this week
12.02 Mario is performing essential maintenance to his gentleman's area
12.32 Josie and John are in bed together
13.22 The house are looking for something to do but are currently singing in the Living Room
13.46 JJ is tossing his meatballs in a pan
13.58 Mario has made a skirt out of a bin bag
14.54 Jo is saying it doesn't matter what happens now but that it's amazing that they all got into the Big Brother House
16:30 Sam, JJ and John James are now playing football with a makeshift ball in the garden
16:35 JJ and Sam are now making a basketball hoop out of tin foil
16:37 Josie asks if they can make a TV aerial out of foil so they can watch stuff on the plasma
17:17 Jo is moaning to Josie about the other housemates constantly talking about evictions
17:33 Dave and Andrew are speculating how many people will leave on Friday!
17:41 Jo says that she can't be a cougar in the house because there is no prey for her!
18:10 The housemates are organising all the food that was delivered to the store room earlier today
18:39 All of the girls, Mario and Sam are in the Nest

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Article on the JJs' horsey day out:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/3091624/John-James-and-JJs-day-out.html#ixzz0wNyZkpZd

And it seems like the twitter scams over the phone number are targetting Sam (i.e. the phone number they are saying dial to get so-and-so out is actually Sam's)... don't know how much of a difference it will make.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
If you take out everyone who has walked, and Keeley who left due to injury, the actual evictions have gone girl-boy-girl-boy-girl. Therefore, I think that I can still hope that Dave is evicted tomorrow because that's a very strong pattern...
Ok, I'm grasping at straws, but I haven't been successful at steeling myself yet

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Steel harder!! I think the negative way Jo's been acting this week has sealed her fate. Dave's been less and less likeable, which hopefully has opened the eyes of a few of his fans, but I don't think Jo had many big fans to start with.

All the betting sites have "odds shortening" on Sam to win, which I think means it's getting more likely. He already has the top odds, by far now. Although I kind of think he should win it also doesn't seem fair when he will have been there three weeks and the other will have been there nearer three months.

The betting sites have Dave listed as between 6th and 8th. The one I feel a little bad for is Mario, as he's rated even less than JJ. He went through a pretty awful spell, but he's been a lot nicer recently. The odds are here if anyone's interested:

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/big-brother/winner

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's a thread on DS about last night's "highjinks" by Sam being actually a lot nastier than the Ch4 site made out. They're saying Dave and others were quite vicious to him and the "highjinks" were him just trying to get revenge. Anyone see it happen? The poster seems quite a reasonable one, and a lot of people are agreeing, so it sounds like that might have been more the true story. BB called both Dave and oldJJ into the DR about it.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1322937

Was anyone watching then?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Actually, I was watching for a bit and did hear Dave carrying on so I couldn't watch any more. I had a lot of trouble getting the HL show last night too so I never went back to the feeds. Wish I had...

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
yes i watched the entire thing. Right down to when BB halted coverage of the feeds and we had Wallpaper and birds for quite a while.

JJ1 and Dave were complete out of control. At one point Dave was KNEELING on Sam's chest on the kitchen floor as JJ1 was shoving A toothbrush full of ????? into his mouth.

Sam was sick afterwards and looked like he was vomitting.

It didnt stop until jj 1 and Dave attacked Sam in the bedroom tackling him to to ground saying they were going to drag him to the Pool.

By this Time Corin had enough and was Hollaring NOT to do it!! remember what Happened LAst time!!

a few others sort of mumbled stuff - I have no recall who or what was said.

It WAS deeply disturbing. Dave really goes off his Stinking NUT when he is Drunk on the LOrd AKA Manic Frenzy. Geez that guy really really REALLY likes to hurt people.

I truly dont understand how BB has kept him in the house all this time. The Girl Tossing should have been considered Dangerous, Kneeling on a Scrawny boy's CHEST and shoving a hard object down his throat COULD have killed him.

Either way, YES i watched. These were my Impressions at the same. and YES dave and JJ1 seemed angry. there was a different "feel" to it . not just goofing off, more like "we're gonna Show him!!"

((thx muse))

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The toothbrush had chilli paste on it, apparently. Pretty shocking. I don't know if BB are so desperate for something "entertaining" to show that they let it go, hoping it would turn into something funny or whether at late night they don't pay as much attention. It sounds like they should have stopped it much earlier.

And I presume the highlights didn't show any of it.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
All I saw on the highlights was Sam acting goofy and childish. Nothing from JJ1 or Dave.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I bet they didn't want all the complaints again. Bit unfair to leave so many people not knowing the other side.

Just read this on some afternoon twitters. Haven't found out why the guy said it yet but:

BB11Final
So Hm's will be told tomorrow series ends early and asked who they would like to win and take part in Ultimate BB

BB11Final
the person they pick will get pass to final week - so who will they pick - probably Steve

If that's actually what's happening then it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did pick Steve.

Oh, and I was relieved ;) to see Josie did in fact have her knickers on when Sam pulled the duvet off her!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is the article that prompted the above twitter. The site usually posts pretty accurate information, so I think it will be something like they say:

http://www.bigbrotheronline.co.uk/bigbrother11_2010/uk_news/week_9_big_brother_11/friday-night-twist-housemates-told-about-big-brother-all-stars.htm

Fans have been anticipating some kind of twist this week, with many speculating that there might be a double eviction on Friday. That's not the case, but Big Brother Online can now confirm that there is a twist on Friday night.

Basically, after the 8th Eviction has taken place, the remaining nine housemates will be told about the upcoming Ultimate Big Brother series, aka BB All-stars.

They will learn that it begins as soon as Big Brother 11 ends, and will be given 1 minute to make a joint decision as-to who they would like to put forward to compete in that series. As we understand it, whoever they choose will gain some kind of immunity next week, meaning they'll definitely have a place in the BB11 Final (but not a guaranteed place on BB All-stars).

<snipped>

Muse

08-09-2001

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
I don't like this immunity thing. If they have to agree as a group, they will just go along with whatever John James decides. So that will probably be Josie or Steve. :-(

Double or triple or quadruple eviction next week? It will probably be a vote to save then. I hate that, because it means that John James will escape yet again...despite his declining popularity.

Did anyone catch any of the huge fight between Sam and John James last night? Sam eavesdropped on John James, JJ, and Dave talking about him in the shower. He didn't hear Dave saying much (and mistakenly thinks that Dave wasn't so bad -- Dave was just quieter and saying less, but certainly was NOT on Sam's side), but he was extremely hurt by what John James was saying, Specifically he was upset that John James was saying that Sam was kissing up to Josie in order to stay in the house, and that he sort of hoped that Sam would leave.

Sam confronted John James about it, John James got REALLY angry and fired back (even had to be called into the DR to calm down), Sam broke down in tears since he had considered John James a friend. Some of the HMs (including Josie) tried to comfort him. JJ, John James, and Dave continued to badmouth Sam behind his back. Mario tried to explain to John James that Sam is just a kid who sometimes says things that he shouldn't, but does have a sensitive side as well...but John James wasn't hearing any of it. He just kept ranting until he went to bed. I expect we'll continue to hear about it.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i'm catching up on Shows and be still my quivering stomach... the bile is rising.

How does jo go from Ranting about JJ and his bad attitude and arrogance, to Seeking him OUT to pour her emotions out --- looking for approval/understanding. IF this was BBusa i'd speculate that the Diary room TOLD her to go to JJ.

oh and i HATE that twist in which the HMs get to chose someone to fast track to the end. We ALLLLL know that the house believes JJ is the favourite because of JJ2 and Sam's big mouths.

People like myself want to see JJ humiliated by being sent out like 4th.

Giving him a special deal makes me nauseous.

OH and JO is a nasty piece of work. I know she was worked on by JJ1 JJ2 to hate corin, but I'm surprised she fell for it.

JJ1 has a whole fake scenario set up about Corin's secret gameplay to get her to the end.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, August 13, 2010 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
dave letter from his kids seemed weirdly written - almost like in a code, like that paragraph about the song.

Dave's face was mostly stoic during the reading which I found surprising. But then again, Dave had a pretty big hate On for Sam already at that point and it would stick in his craw that Sam would get positive TV time.

i really wish Jo had walked. That way we KNOW who'd be going today.