TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 11, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 11, 2010 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some twitters:

09.32 Housemates have been woken up by the classic hit, crazy horses
10.10 Housemates have been called to the Living Room
10.22 Housemates, or horsemates as they will now be known, have received their shopping task. Check it out, http://bit.ly/bzesvJ
10.33 Jo is shouting at Sam and John about Dave
10.44 Dave is crying in the Diary Room
11.05 Dave is missing his family and is crying on the shoulders of Mario and Corin
12:30 Sam is talking about how nice Davina's bum is!
13.09 Andrew and Mario are now dressed up as a pantomime horse
13.18 The tree of temptation is talking to Sammy Pepper
13.27 Josie and Jo are next to get into their horse outfit
13.34 Dave is sobbing in the Kitchen
13.56 JJ and John are dressed in the horse costume and are currently dancing around
14.01 Check out Sam's stinky secret mission from the Tree of Temptation http://bit.ly/afiBWr
14.33 Dave and Steve are getting dressed up in their horse trainer outfits

For the horse task, the horses are competing to become "Big Brother 11 pantomime horse of the year." The winning horse (pair) get "an opportunity to win £500 towards next week's shopping budget."

And Sam has to cover himself in smelly cheese and persuade everyone it's just BO.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They're talking about face to face noms on BBLB - someone asked yesterday if they'd done it before, and it was done the year with Rex and Lisa and Mario. That time they had a short time to write their nominations on a board, and then they had to reveal them.... much fairer as there's no chance of retaliatory votes.

And I can hardly believe it but it looks like it's a regular, Friday night, single eviction.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mario has an astonishing memory! I can't believe he did that up to 22 sounds!!

I think Jo's going home. She was the favourite before it started and she hasn't done anything to make herself seem better.

Wish Dave would stop moaning!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Hi Cricket. Oh it's no big deal on the BBUS board, but as I don't watch the feeds I don't know things, so I really go there just to find out info, and sometimes people are unfriendly, to say the least, if the question is something other people think is silly.

For the first time in watching BB US, I know what you mean, Kitt. The LF's thread goes so fast and I've hardly watched any live feeds, so I feel like a fish out of water. This year, I'm reading the house happenings more than the live feeds. It's fun when you are watching the feeds to comment and debate, but oh so hard to catch up when you're more interested in another BB, lol. Don't take anything personally, as everyone is just chatting away and they sometimes don't see questions or understand where a person might be coming from. Heh, heh...doubt anyone would be upset by questions this year..could be the most exciting thing in the thread as dull as this US season is.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't take it personally, I just run away, much safer!

I was thinking about the comparison of the two shows when watching on Sunday. In the US one they are so set on their sides that they do a competition, we see who wins and almost the entire week is already mapped out. In the UK it's more about day to day stuff, and particularly this season, where there haven't really been sides since Shabby and Caoimhe left, the "plotting" part of it is very low key, and people just seem to play out their personalities. I much prefer it that way, it's a much more mellow and thoughtful game.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Kitt. The only thing AG picked up from the UK BB is the have/have not. The slop food is awful. How much better would the show be if they all had to work together in a task to earn their food, but nope, same old, same old every year and as you said, one comp and it's set in stone. Also, the US HOH has way too much power and that also takes away any kind of intrigue as they tell everyone how to vote and the silly peeps actually do it.

I'll take AU or UK any day over our boring style of BB. Sadly, the previous BB's have been cancelled, while ours just keeps trudging on.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
sociopath," who's mother hopes they don't return home

whoa harsh, i didnt say that. I dont remember reading that either.

remember a few years ago, you felt it was hard to post because of possible 'cliques.' At that time there were some groups that had known each other for ages.

Possible cliques? umm you were in one and I talked to you about that before. I stopped coming to BBUSA site for a couple of seasons because of it. IF a poster was not favouring the "Clique pick" housemate, we were really made to feel unwelcome. I disliked Evel Dick- and Jeff/ jordan. I did notice much more new names there now, I'm glad to hear its changed back to how it was the first few years of BB. It was SOooooo much fun back then.

vilify - spread negative information

since I wasnt 100% about the actual meaning I looked it up. GUilty As charged, however it does not mean FALSE information.
I do take great pleasure in laying out JJ's negative and misleading gameplay. He said he would do anything in the house to win.

In a talk with JJ2, jj said that he thot Josie was going to win over him. This was said After SAM and his big mouth told JJ he'd win over everyone in the house EXCEPT JOsie.

He is setting up josie now, and its done very obviously for us watching. however, people in the house will not be so observant.

Muse

08-09-2001

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 1:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
I like BBUK much better than BBUSA. I feel like it's more fun, creative, and playful. Some of the things that I love most about BBUK (like this year's Ignore the Obvious task, for instance) would never be used on BBUSA. Grodner should take note, though. Learn to lighten up a little, get less repetitive.

I do wish that this series of BBUK would be a little more serious with the punishments for nominations talk, though. Some HMs get away with a lot of talk that would NOT have been tolerated in previous series, and honestly it's not fair. You have all kinds of extremes...John James and Josie getting away with very blatant nomination talk, Dave talking nominations 24/7 and only occasionally getting in trouble, Corin saying (rightly) that it's against the rules and thus losing a potential advantage, etc.

Sam has won me over. :-) First I loved him in the graffiti task, then the mature way he handled his nomination really impressed me. He had a perfectly calm, civil conversation with Mario about it. He understood Mario's reasoning and did not take it personally. He also said that he had not liked the way Dave handled his nomination last week (bullying Mario and not understanding that it was part of the game), so it would be hypocritical for him to do the same.

Add in that Sam even told Dave that he bullied Mario, that he was NOT being treated unfairly by BB, that he was being a complete baby, and that he was a poor sport, and...yeah. I'm a Sam fan. Anyone who sees Dave for what he is (and has the guts to call him out on it) is okay in my book. :-)

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Muse - I'm right there with you on the Sam love for calling Dave out. It was very cool to watch! I like that Sam is slowly changing from just hollering out insults to people to rile them up, to just speaking his mind. I think he may have been set up a little bit in the beginning by BB to stir the pot, but it really doesn't seem to be necessary. He has a natural way about him in just speaking up and saying what everyone else is probably thinking!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
JJ and John James are going out of the house for the final part of the horse task (they won the last challenge)- looks like they're doing this:

http://www.sandown.co.uk/fixtures/comedy-night/

the better they finish the race, the bigger their budget next week...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I read a short interview with someone - producer?? can't remember - just recently, and they said that they are purposely not focusing on punishment this season, and letting it evolve more naturally. I like that they are punishing less, but they should be more consistent about it, e.g. they could be allowed to speculate on how many votes someone is likely to get, but not say they themselves are voting for them. It seems like BB haven't been consistent.

I like Sam a lot more now. He completely lost me last week when they showed a clip of him in the DR saying Josie was picking on him(!!) but I think maybe that gave him a taste of his own medicine and it was actually good for him. He seems to have matured a lot in only a week.

Another trip out of the house!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooo on DS, there's a story about Josie being upset with Sam, because he ripped the duvet off her and JJ's bed, and it exposed her bottom to the cameras. Most notable thing to me would be that she's in bed with oldJJ with no knickers on .

They also say Sam is now favourite to WIN, and sure enough he's slightly edged out Corin.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to that interview With Phil Edgar Jones, mentioning punishments:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a258962/jones-bb11-adopted-different-approach.html

"The fact is we decided to adopt a different approach to the show this year on many levels," explained Jones. "We also made a conscious decision not to waste time on punishments and instead concentrate on other things.

"We don't have favourites among the housemates - it genuinely does not matter to me who wins. The highlights show is edited and there's nothing we can do about that."

While dismissing the idea that the highlights were edited with an agenda in mind, Jones did concede that the aim was to create a "decent soap opera".

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters:

09.44 The housemates are up!
10.12 Housemates have discovered a show jumping course in the Garden
11.03 JJ and John are practising for their 'big bro jumping' challenge
11.33 The horses are stepping up for the show jumping challenge - who will win?
13.06 All housemates are catching some rays in the Garden
14.52 The housemates have been called to the sofas
15.50 The House are already missing JJ and John! Curious to find out more? Check out the website
16:38 Sam is dressed as a woman and is playfully winding up Josie
16:40 Mario is shaving Dave's chest for him
17:40 Jo thinks that there is going to be an eviction tonight

Sounds like the JJs are still out of the house on their task.

Also curious... one of the twitters was a note to make sure people who were voting were calling the correct numbers, I don't know if some people had been saying "vote Sam out" for example and giving someone else's number. I haven't seen them make that announcement before.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I've actually seen that before, Kitt - where they intentionally list incorrect phone numbers. One forum in particular did it for the Ben eviction and there were pages of arguments as to which ones were the correct numbers!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
BB Ultimate champion starts Aug 24 as part of the regular season finale- the show is about 3 hours (8pm-11pm their time)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
English to American translation needed: When I think of pantomime, I think of a silent act. A scene acted out by mimes. It doesn't really fit with the way they seem to use panto and pantomime. Do they just mean a take-off/phony/funny/joking mockery of whatever?

Christiii

07-07-2005

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
so do we know what the feeds will be for All Stars?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oooo yes, the tv times will be out...!

Friday 20: 9-10pm and 10.35-11.25pm
Saturday 21: 9-10pm
Sunday 22: 9-10pm
Monday 23: 10-11.10pm
Tuesday 24: 8-10.50pm Davina McCall reveals the winner of Big Brother 2010 before some of the most loved and most reviled Celebrity and Big Brother housemates ever return for 2 weeks of Ultimate Big Brother.
Wednesday 25: 10-11.10pm Highlights of the past 24 hours in the Ultimate Big Brother house.

It really looks like apart from the probable double (triple would be fun!) eviction on the Friday they're just going straight into the finale.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt stated:
They also say Sam is now favourite to WIN, and sure enough he's slightly edged out Corin.

Intesting. Usually, when John thinks someone might be doing better than him he goes after said person and tries to get them upset. It's usually a woman, but John doesn't know what he's up agains w/Sam. As many above said, Sam is a rational person, much to rational for ole John and he'll probably just walk away from him. Ought to be delightful to watch.

Kitt, I saw that article as well w/PEJ saying they were going easier on the rules, but I also think whatever rules are being enforced should be 'evenly' inforced, not just to some.

I don't understand this "Race, Comic" thing. Thanks for posting it, Wilson; however, does it mean that JJ(2) and John will go to watch the horse races and then do a standup routine? I've never seen anything like that.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A pantomime is a kind of play/musical that is usually on during the Christmas "panto" season. I can't think of an American equivalent, if there is one. Typically everything is exaggerated on stage and there's a lot of audience participation and the character saying "oh no I didn't" and the audience is meant to shout back "oh yes you did!" I think there's some play or movie with Nathan Lane dressed up as a dame - he would be a typical example of the "pantomime dame" in the pantos we have. Those horses they're dressed in now are "pantomime horses" to us.

When people are evicted they say it's like a pantomime because all the audience's actions are exaggerated, and there are loud fake boos when people are only slightly bad. So saying something is panto is saying it's not real, it's exaggerated for effect.

And there's a saying about people from British soaps (and Australian ones) retiring to panto. We even get soap characters taking a few months off at the end of the year just so they can do a panto. I strongly suspect there have been some past BB contestants who have ended up in panto too! It's where has-beens go to die ;).

If this long link works, it has pictures of pantos, I'm sure you'll know what I mean when you see it:
google.co.uk panto images

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I think some of our more recent movies aimed at teens might qualify as panto. Since I had that image of silence in my head, I didn't understand what they were talking about. An exaggeration to poke fun at makes more sense.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not so much to make fun of, more to make it a show.

Is there an American equivalent? I'm sure I've seen Nathan Lane or someone dressed as a dame.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
I'm a Sam fan. Anyone who sees Dave for what he is (and has the guts to call him out on it) is okay in my book. :-)

How could I miss that?? when i missed feeds I read Live Feed area at DS.

Never saw it mentioned. Any remembrance of Time and Day?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know, I would guess at Monday, real time? They showed a bit of it on the highlights show yesterday or the day before.

Another great line, but I can't remember whether if was Mario or Sam who said it, when Dave was going on about BB being mean to him Mario (or Sam) said something like "they tested Jesus didn't they?" Excellent come back, that put a stop to the moaning!