TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 10, 2010 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
From DS, it looks like Mario won the S&R and put up Sam, so the nominees are:

Dave
JJ
Jo
Sam

Have to hope those who LIKE Sam target Dave, as there will be a lot who do not like him.

Vote to Save and Jo and JJ will go, and I will cry. Vote to Evict and Double Eviction and Dave and Sam would go, and I would kind of like Sam in for another week.

Waiting for the Ch4 announcement and some answers.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Well, at this point, the only choice is:

GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Schedule for the next couple of weeks:

Mon 09 August
5.10-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
5.10-10pm Live Feed

Tue 10 August
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4-10pm Live Feed

Wed 11 August
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.20am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4.05-10pm Live Feed

Thu 12 August
5.20-6.35am Live feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.15pm Highlights
4.25-10pm Live Feed

Fri 13 August
5.20-6.30am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
1-2pm and 2.35-3.05pm Eviction Show
3.05-4.10pm BBBM
4.10-10pm Live Feed

Sat 14 August
5.20-6.20am Live Feed
1-2pm Highlights
4.45-10pm Live Feed

Sun 15 August
3.25-4.30am BBLB
6.30-6.55am Live Feed
1-2pm Highlights
4.10-10pm Live Feed

Mon 16 August
5.10-6.30am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
5.10-10pm Live Feed

Tue 17 August
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4-10pm Live Feed

Wed 18 August
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4-10pm Live Feed

Thu 19 August
5.20-6.35am Live feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4.25-10pm Live Feed

Fri 20 August
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
1-2pm and 2.35-3.25pm Eviction Show extra long
3.20-4.25pm BBBM
4.25-10pm Live Feed

No sign of any special shows... and the few times we've had a mid-week eviction with Davina it's been on a Wednesday at 9... yet this week's Wednesday show is on at 10pm.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thanks again for the schedule.

How are they ever going to cut it down to a reasonable number by the end? Unless they have a marathon of evictions on the same night the new/old housemates come in.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know... you'd have thought they would have wanted only a few on that final day, because they would want time to make a spectacle of the new people coming in. I can't imagine they'd want more than four left.

On the other hand they said it would be a total surprise to the current hms, so if there were only four it wouldn't be a surprise.

Couple of days and the tv schedule will be out and we'll have a better idea.

And you're always very welcome.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oh NO...not Sam. He's the majority of the interest in the house right now. I hope he gives Mario a ration of garbage, just l ike Mario does when others nom him. Why won't anyone put Josie up?

Once again, thanks so much for the schedule, Kitt. It does seem like there are too many peeps in the house at this time. When will they have the vote to keep in?

Amy

07-10-2002

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I think it would have been better, more fair, if they had to decide on their nominations before any of them were announced. Sounds like there were some revenge/retaliatory nominations made because people knew who nominated them.
Have nominations ever been done in front of each other before on BB?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It does seem a unfair on earlier alphabet people. I think but am not sure they did it at least once before, possibly on a live show? I seem to remember it being punishment for everyone talking about evictions, but I might be wrong.

I forgot the twitters... too much excitement. Here they are:

09:37 The housemates are awake and it's nominations Monday!
11:29 The housemates are getting dressed for nasty nominations! Special twist, check it out! http://bit.ly/c0RhKy
11:44 Jo is in the Diary Room discussing putting herself up for eviction
12:12 The housemates are worried that Jo will leave
12:43 John and Josie are cuddling in bed in their overalls
12:52 All housemates are gathered in the Living Room in their fetching outfits
13:08 Housemates are chatting about how cruel the nasty nominations twist is
14:37 Josie is already regretting her nominations
16:38 The save and replace task has now started
16:49 Mario is telling John James that he regrets the way he put Dave up for nomination by flipping a button last week
19:10 All the housemates seem pretty down after the save and replace task
19:13 The housemates are speculating when the eviction will take place and how many people will go
19:24 Steve and Mario both say that they want to stay until the final week
20:05 John James and Josie go to the diary room together to talk to Big Brother
20:40 The housemates all reflect on how difficult today has been for everybody

I also read that Jo is really upset at Corin for nominating her, as she thought she wa her best friend in the house. And she is or has been talking about walking again.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
One of the many things I like about the UK BB v the US BB is that they give them outfits or coveralls to protect them during tasks. When US BB has a messy task, they just get their own clothes dirty. It seems like a double punishment to me.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the updates everyone. I am so happy Mario won the save and replace, I'd like to see him in till the end. I don't believe Dave will go, he's been spared to many times, I'll still hope though. If not Dave, then I hope Sam goes, I don't find his antics funny at all. But I'm worried for Jo, she hasn't done much in the house, so, it might be her. By the way, what is Mario's secret, I'm not even sure he has one, or he was just winding up Dave, but it would be funny if the twin rumor were true.

I hope you don't get upset about it because it's meant to be fun in here!

No, I wouldn't be upset about a game show on tv, even though not "all" think the same way, the same ole, same ole gets old after awhile. Was it fun to you when people called Ben all those names you mentioned? Like I said, the things Ben has said is explained away, while John is condemned no matter what. And I would never even characterize "Dick" a sociopath, and I thought he was horrible.

well that confirms it. Bang on description of JJ1

Everything you claim John is, could also be spun into a description of, among others, Ben, moreover, Ted Bundy was a sociopath, clearly neither are like that.

Usually JJ is freaking out, repetitious, demanding of Explanations

So what? Don't answer him. No one in this game is perfect, everyone has flaws, including Corin.

OH and I think Sam is Confrontational but NOT a bully.

Continuously going after Josie from the moment he stepped into the house, is being a bully. IMO John is more confrontational, while Sam personally attacks people, and him giggling like an eleven year old boy, doesn't take away what he's said.

I really hope that John James gets voted out before the finals.

I'm not sure at this point, I like Corin for the win, maybe Mario or Josie, but I wonder if it would be more entertaining to watch John with the all-stars, than anyone else right now.

He's been watching and makes valid points

What was the valid point Sam made when he shoved his "bits" in Josie's face, or made a comment about her weight? When Dave made a comment about Josie's weight it was condemned, but with Sam what he says is justified and explained away.

and not believe there is something seriously wrong with this guy?

How can anyone view John arguing and not laugh at the absurdity of it all? Dave, Ben, and whoever else, bad mouthing people behind their back, is far worse to me than arguing about stupid stuff. People have the option of ignoring John, but it's a one sided condemnation of someone when it's behind their back. By the way, I thought the gruel argument was hilarious.

He cares about her and he may even love her, but IMO there's no spark there for him.

I agree. And for me, I think that Josie would have saved herself a lot of grief had she listened to John when he, long ago, told her he thought of her as a friend. If her feelings get hurt, it's her own fault. I hope that doesn't happen, but she put herself in this situation. She's a lovely person, I wish she'd get help for her self-esteem issues.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
someone besides me loves Cut n Paste.

btw, your opinion is equal to our opinion. None of us can claim to know 'the truth'.

Everything you claim John is, could also be spun into a description of, among others, Ben, moreover, Ted Bundy was a sociopath, clearly neither are like that

i'm not claiming john is anything. I've cut n pasted the Guidelines used to suggest Sociopath and put in how I feel JJ fits.

NO ONE else in that house has anything more than one or two of the Selfabsorbed Egocentric traits listed. JJ1 has them ALL.

i have never seen Ted bundy on a reality show, i dont think you have either so we have NO idea if he behaved like JJ.

I'd say NO because Ted bundy was calm appearing and a smooth operator from the Biographies and crime shows I've seen of him.

People have the option of ignoring John

ok well i guess we've been watching different shows. NO ONE can ignore john when he gets like that. He follows the person around usually for a day or two having AT them. Even if they refuse to argue (like Ben) he will NOT leave, he will spend up to 1.5 hrs asking the same question over and over again.

Its like a form of Obsessive compulsive... oh wait, JJ tapes all his phonecalls and Records all messages/ chats printing hard copies "just incase someone lies".

}

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
Do these guys do laundry?? I guess I never notice it like I do in the US house....just curious!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
btw, your opinion is equal to our opinion. None of us can claim to know 'the truth'.

Exactly, everyone has an opinion, which has been my point from the beginning of this conversation, and why I try to always say in my opinion and not refer to what I think as thought by "all." No, no one knows the truth, which is why I would never depict someone on a game show as a "sociopath," who's mother hopes they don't return home, but some people only give those HMs they cherish the benefit of the doubt, and evidently everyone else a mistake BB haplessly let in. It's clear you despise John, I don't, let's just leave it at that.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Stormie, you keep highlighting "all" in quotes in your posts. In case you are referring to my use of "all" in a post from days ago it was not meant to target you, isolate you or offend you. I was actually trying to be inclusive as a lot of people had mentioned the same thing I was saying, and I didn't want to not credit them. I didn't notice you had expressed an opposite opinion if you had or know that you would have an opposite opinion if you hadn't. I think this is one of the best reality threads on the site in terms of people accepting each others' opinions - I'm pretty much scared away from the BBUS thread whenever I post there - so I'm not sure why anyone should feel their opinion isn't welcome or accepted, even when others might disagree. Just post away with what you think, plenty of people will agree with it even if not everyone does.

Christii, they have to do their laundry by hand, quite often they do it in the bath.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Last week Kitt used the word "all" in a post. As soon as Kitt realized that the use of an exaggeration wasn't welcomed by all she retracted it, apologized and has explained herself several times, yet it keeps getting brought up. It's over. Put a line through it. Done. Finished. No more. Anyone here can like whomever they choose. No one's opinion is worth any more than anyone else's opinion. Most of us agree that we might not like the same person on the show, but we can certainly post our own opinions about every housemate. Conversely, we can disagree in a reasonable way with other's opinions. I like Corin. I do not like Dave. Neither opinion makes me a good person or a bad person, it's just my opinion.

BTW, AWESOME BANNER!!!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice you had expressed an opposite opinion if you had or know that you would have an opposite opinion if you hadn't

I've actually been very vocal about having a different point of view about John, for quite some time now, but whatever, when you said that I was simply trying to tell you that "all" don't agree with you about him, but since I've said that, I've been accused of not wanting other's to have an opinion, or claiming I alone speak truth, neither of which is true. It doesn't matter, have a field day with the John comments, but I would appreciate it if you would realize that not all agree with you.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I do realise that not everyone agrees with me Stormie, I've made jokes about it!

I'd just like to have fun lightheartedly talking about Big Brother.

Amy

07-10-2002

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I have tried to stay out of this conversation because I am not the most articulate person but I feel like John James is vilified by some on this forum. Having an opinion is one thing but attacking a housemates character over and over just because you don't like their behavior in the house is a bit much. All we know about these people is what we have seen of them on big brother. Some may be playing the game and not showing their true selves. I also believe the stress of being in the house has a lot to do with how they behave and it may not be anything like they are outside in the real world.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and take a deep breath and remember that it is just a tv game show and realize that we all have our own opinions of the housemates. Just because you hate someone doesn't mean everyone shares your opinion and the more you go on about it isn't going to change what others think.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I just watched the HL show and I loved the Space Invaders task! I have a soft spot for Andrew... much like I did for Eugene :-)
I still don't like Dave and I hope Jo gets out of her funk cuz I think she could be fun... who cares if you don't have a role? Just be yourself! I don't want her to walk. Hmmm... what else did I want to say? Oh Yah...

GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!! GET DAVE OUT!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Andrew gets so into all the tasks! He's a funny guy, I like him. Have to wonder what's going to happen to him out of the house, I kind of think he might be taken advantage of.

I would very much like Jo to stay. I can understand she's not in her element but if she walks I think she'd regret it. It's like she came in wanting this cougar role and she's been given this kind of mother role and isn't very comfortable with it.

I hope they tell us what's happening tomorrow rather than waiting until Wednesday. As the S&R's done they should. I think they have to do a double.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
What are they calling Corin - sounds like cuzzor - cuz for short?? Where did this come from?? Seems only JJ2 calls her this but others called her this while talking to JJ2 (or maybe I just never noticed it before??)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 1:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
John isn't being villified on here. He would get a totally different reception if he'd just act like a decent guy once in awhile. It's gotten to the point the whole house is on to him, so we who have been on to him for awhile can't be accused of villifying him. He acts like a very rude child and he's not fun to watch. Those are just comments, not villification.

Kitt, why don't you feel comfortable on the US BB board? Jump right in there; you always have something pertinent to say. I remember a few years ago, you felt it was hard to post because of possible 'cliques.' At that time there were some groups that had known each other for ages. I find now that there are so many new people (or their names are different) it feels all new. I can't keep up with both, so rarely post on the US one and prob. won't until the UK version is through. It's just so different and much more of a show than ours. So...I hope you will jump in when you want to.

I'm surprised Corin voted for Jo. Perhaps she was possibly trying to save herself and thought others would vote for Jo so it was safe? They do seem to get along well, but Jo says she isn't happy there and she really doesn't add a lot. Rachel had more life in her and it changed the house.

I'd like to get to know JJ2 better, but he's got different personalities it seems, or maybe I'm just not seeing enough of him to get a grasp on his personality. He's a real doll..much better looking than John, IMO. So sad if Corin likes him and he doesn't care for her. She seems more mature than him..could be part of it..different stages of life.

Willwillbee, I haven't heard Corin called that. I hope they don't think it's funny to pick on her. She's the nicest person in the house.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Rather than surprise at Corin nominating Jo, I was surprised that Jo was upset by it. She had spent the day before telling Corin she wanted to go home but didn't want to be a quitter. I thought Jo was telling Corin to vote for her so she could leave with dignity. I guess Corin and I both got it wrong.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hi Cricket. Oh it's no big deal on the BBUS board, but as I don't watch the feeds I don't know things, so I really go there just to find out info, and sometimes people are unfriendly, to say the least, if the question is something other people think is silly.

I think the nickname for Corin is just a kind of pet name started by JJ1 and adopted by the others. I've noticed a lot of names in Australia get shortened in use, or a "y" is added on the end. We used to get a lot of the Australian soaps back in England and they always did that to the names.

I didn't think about Corin nominating Jo because Jo wanted to go; I did wonder if it was because she thought she would be safe, or just because she felt she couldn't nominate an original. I hope they sort it out, just because they were pretty good together.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Early odds have Jo the favourite to go, with Dave next. Sam is favourite to stay on a few of the sites but even with JJ on this one.

Jo 2/9
Dave 11/2
JJ 10/1
Sam 10/1

I keep thinking straight away we know they'll open the lines but it's always the next day. Hopefully it'll be after BBLB... It haaaaas to be a double eviction!

And in odds to win the whole thing, Corin and Josie are more or less tied, with Sam now third. JJ1 is fourth and Steve fifth, everyone else has long odds (>40/1).