TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 07, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 07, 2010 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Current odds:

Rachel 1/4
John James 11/4
Dave 20/1

I'm still so shocked Dave's odds are so high.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, thanks for putting Ben, awww, in grey. Whenever you next get to it, this guy, Sam, needs to be added in as a current housemate:

Sam

He was new last week.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Josie got banned from nominating Sam too...

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
For next week they should say that everyone has been talking about nominating Sam so he cannot be nominated. Further, the whole house, other than Sam, is up for eviction. Then they should make it a vote to save. That would shake them up a bit.

Does anyone know how the bookies come up with their odds? I just don't understand what they do because they don't have access to the votes in progress. Or do they? They've been wrong a few times this year. I hope they are wrong tonight and Rachel stays. Not that I particularly like her, but I'd much rather either of the fellows go.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I would love a vote to save next week. But I'm beginning to wonder if Dave's got more fans than I can possibly fathom. I cannot understand how his odds are better to go than JJ, given the hoardes of screaming fans JJ seems to have, and the fact that nothing Dave does could be appealing to anyone, as far as I can see!

As I understand it, and that's not much, the bookies' odds come entirely from how they believe public opinion is swinging and the number of people voting for a particular housemate. They do not have access to the official voting. It's funny though, they almost change the voting by predicting it, because people might see the odds for someone they want/don't want are high/low are vote more fervently.

Just catching up on BBLB and they suddenly seem to want JJ out! With the number of people who feel strongly about JJ there's still a chance that he could go.... but I think it's probably going to be Rachel. And JJ will feel smug again.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And the crowd give a mixed response to Dave, and louder mixed response to JJ and big boos to Rachel.

And they're shouting "Get Rachel Out!" I think it's a done deal for Rachel, unfortunately.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It looks to me as if Dave (shudder) and JJ (ick) will be there until the end. We will never get rid of Steve (blech) either. I do hope Corin wins though. She seems to be the one who is just enjoying the ride and keeping the drama to a minimum unless she is pushed. And she is funny. She lost her task, but also didn't seem to understand that Scrooge is supposed to keep people from having what they want. She was just giving everyone whatever if they asked. Josie of course, the queen, never bothered to ask.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mario's even got the little ponytail! He's pretty confident, I think he did well!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Next person evicted is:

Rachel!

She got 47% of the three way vote.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Official site has her percentage as 58.5%, not 47.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So we have two Fridays left (Aug 13, 20th), and then the finale show on Tuesday 24th). We have 10 people, so need to get rid of four if they're going to have six at the start of the finale show... and they might even want less as the All-Stars are going in that day, and they will need time for their info too. I think we'll have two Friday double evictions, and a double eviction that Monday, leaving four for the Tuesday.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Putting this in a spoiler box... Gerry from last year(??? year before???) posted the list of the All Stars, based on who attended a photoshoot they had. Not necessarily correct:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Craig
Nasty Nick
Brian Dowling
Nadia
Alex Sibley
Michelle Bass
Pete Bennett
Nikki
Aisleyne
Brian Bello
Charley
Makosi
Siavash
Sophie Reede
Chantelle
BB11 winner

There are 15 names, plus the BB11 winner. Most of those (the top ten!) have been on BBLB lately so I think they're definitely on.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'm sad that Rachel is gone, she's such a nice person, she's a very strong woman and speaks her mind, and so what if she talks a lot, it makes things more interesting in the house. I can't believe Dave is still there.

Although next week a few can't vote for Sam, I haven't heard yet if BB will allow them to put Sam up on the Save and Replace, I hope so, I find him a horrible bully and I'm already tired of his behavior.

Stormie, oldJJ behaved awfully on today's show, you can't expect me to not mention it!

I didn't say anything about not mentioning your perception of John's behavior, but it seems to me just about everything he says and does is spun into he being vicious, whereas Ben, now Sam, is defended, given the benefit of the doubt, regardless; it's funny to some people that Sam goes after Josie, bc they don't like her, but if he did the same thing to someone like Corin, would it be funny, I'll venture a guess, not. I would not like Sam's behavior if he went after Dave, bc I don't find how he treats people remotely funny.

I've never defended John's behavior if I think he's overboard, but he's not even close to a sociopath, or such a horrible person that he is bashed all the time, by bash I mean take everything he does and spin it to a convoluted negative. I don't see what's said about John a comparison to Dave, for me, among other things, Dave claiming to be drunk on the Lord is the antitheses of spirituality, so to me, he is being fake and trying to gain brownie points for his "ministry," or he doesn't really know what spirituality is.

John arguing with people who argue back is characterized by some as bullying, it can be annoying, but far from bullying. And how John became responsible for Ben leaving the house is beyond me. Just bc many people go after John, doesn't mean "all" feel he's done anything to deserve it. To each their own--if you watch the news tonight, you'll see that John has not just taken over the BB house, he's taken over Europe, what ever shall we do. And you see those shiny things in the sky, John put them there, wonders never cease

ETA: Thanks for the list Kitt, there's some people I'd like to see that aren't on the list, but if true, it still looks like it will be interesting and fun.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We each have our favourites, Stormie. As you probably gathered I loved Ben, he's close to being my most favourite housemate ever, but some people here posted he was fake and nasty. All you can do is defend them for as much as you feel like defending them, and then leave people to their own opinions. I hope you don't get upset about it because it's meant to be fun in here!

Yeah, I like Rachel too, but she would have been almost impossible to live with, given the noise. I can't see why the crowd booed her so much though, unless her voice is annoying on live feeds?? Don't know, haven't watched enough to say.

As several people now aren't allowed to nominate Sam, that means there must be nominations, so it doesn't seem like it will be all up. But I think a lot of people will be up because they're going to have to make sure four are up I'd have thought, in order to get two out (I'm convinced it will be a double!) so they might have to go down to people with only a couple of votes. I can't see anyone voting out Jo, possibly not newJJ, possibly not Corin, and possibly not Josie given how bad the things Sam have been saying are. So that leaves Andrew, Dave, John James, Mario and Steve... and maybe Sam if the votes are spread.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Well, I have just come back from vacation, where, apparently, beach folks frown upon anyone watching a UK reality show - so I had a bit of catching up to do... with excitement mounting as I found out Dave was UP (yay Mario).
I am incredibly disappointed because I sort of liked Rachel... oh, and I REALLY wanted Dave OUT

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I am as disgusted as I can be that an adorable, upbeat young lady like Rachel was voted out over the likes of John and Dave. Really, what is it going to take to get Dave out?? John either for that matter. Both their heads will just be bigger and they are not fun to watch.

I loved Rachel and am so sad. Someone on the DS board said that if Rachel was voted out, what the heck was wrong with the people of England. I just don't know. If it happened here, I'd ask the exact same question.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I have to agree with you about Ben. I liked him a lot because he was himself..warts and all. He was real! I don't feel Dave and John are real at all. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I agree about Ben. He not only was himself, but he accepts himself as he is, warts and all. He's able to laugh at himself and make us laugh in the process. He's going to be on BBLB on Sunday. I can hardly wait to see him in action.

I also agree that it is a shame that Rachel is out when Dave and JJ1 are still there. I cannot figure out why anyone would want to keep Dave in there. It can't be that the public likes them annoying each other because Rachel annoyed many of them. It can't be that Dave is a nice person because we have seen that he isn't. It can't be that they respect his "calling" because it's so obviously phony. I just don't get it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Dave is the really unbelievable one. JJ gets certain demographics, and if nothing else he's certainly created a lot of stories in the house. Dave has just been two faced to his "friends," eager to dob on anyone who does even the slightest thing wrong, been lecherous over the women, and creepy with his "drunk on the lawd" act. Until this last week I don't think he'd done anything that really stood out, so why don't people vote him out? I guess there are just bigger characters.... can't think of anything else.

Rachel, I do understand people wanting her out, she wasn't the smartest of people, Ben fans might not forgive her for going a bit bunny boiler on him, and boy did she talk about nothing non-stop. But she did have good points, whereas I see none in Dave.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
I <3 cut n paste.

he's not even close to a sociopath,

There are ten general
symptoms:

not learning from experience

no sense of responsibility (jj always thinks its everyone elses fault)

inability to form meaningful relationships (like Dave said, JJ has like 2 friends in the house and even then they are tenuous)

inability to control impulses (will pick fights at the drop of a hat- becomes fuming and frustrated due to perceived slights/ often hurts josie by very rough wrestling or yanking. Will sort of Choke her in a headlock. )

lack of moral sense (leading a heavy girl on with claims of Love but obviously has no feelings for her - seeks out camera angles)

chronically antisocial behavior (doesnt visit with anyone in a mature manner)

no change in behavior after punishment

emotional immaturity (seems like a 12 yr old boy)

lack of guilt (hey its just a game, I wanna win at ALLLLLLL costs)

self-centeredness

well that confirms it. Bang on description of JJ1

John arguing with people who argue back

ummmm I dont see people EVER arguing back. Usually JJ is freaking out, repetitious, demanding of Explanations. When a person calmly answers he will Then ask the SAME question three different ways again DEMANDING an answer. Ben and Dave handled him perfectly.

OH and I think Sam is Confrontational but NOT a bully.

i think that Push JJ gave sam when he reminded JJ of the Fire Exit incident, now ThAT was bullying aggressive.

as for josie she herself has talked about how huge she is getting. She knows her frame is more of a 14 and she said she is like an 18. I dont think we can Pretend her weight is fine when SHE knows she is overweight.

the chats are full of mean people tho. I've seen some seriously terrible things said about Josie and I dont think its warranted.

as for JJ1, bring it on. I have read some seriously funny and mean posts about him.

Muse

08-09-2001

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 1:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
I really hope that John James gets voted out before the finals. If he doesn't, I think he's going to win the whole thing. The guy's behavior was awful this week, and he *still* stayed. What's more, his fan base even protected Dave (shady character that he is!).

This week I think it will be John James and Mario up, and possibly Sam. I don't think Sam is guaranteed to go up because his biggest enemies in the house can't nominate him. Some of the others (like Jo and Mario) are generally fine with him, while some of the others might have bigger fish to fry (Steve might nominate Mario and John James instead, for instance).

So it will all come down to the Save/Replace. If John James win it, he might put up Corin (who he personally hates more than Sam, IMO) or Sam (who he might put up for Josie's sake). I don't think that Mario will win it because he was basically bullied into saying that he wouldn't try again. Poor thing. :-( Someone needs to point out to him that if people keep nominating him when he's been very pleasant in the house lately, then he has every right to fight to stay over them.

Sam vs. Mario -- who do you think would go? I honestly have no idea. Mario vs. Corin is a no-brainer...Mario would go.

Surely it's a double eviction, though? How does that work? Do they just pick the top three vote-getters for nominations? Or would they pick the top four?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
OH and I think Sam is Confrontational but NOT a bully.

I agree, Sunshyne. He's been watching and makes valid points when he's confronting some of the people who need it. I love that he gets after Josie and John is afraid to go after him. So funny.

I didn't realize that Rachel had gone after Ben. I was away from a computer when Ben got evicted. Why did she have to do that?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Exactly as I suspected, that list, with a couple exceptions, is just the same old people that show up for all the BB events and shows and are still trying to live off of their BB "fame".

Not that I'm bothered by it, it should be a fun 2 weeks and I hope they have a lot to say about this year's duds.

And I agree about JJ1 having serious mental issues and all the traits of a sociopath.

How can anyone view one of his arguments on the live feed (not the edited out highlights versions), and not believe there is something seriously wrong with this guy? He doesn't even argue, he rants and raves at the other person and refuses to even hear or understand any of their points. As you said, he just keeps repeating the same points over and over and never backs down.
Wednesday's argument with Dave was a classic example, he created an argument out of thin air with no provocations and attacked Dave and kept attacking him. Dave gave a reasonable answer to his demand for an answer and JJ never accepted or even admitted that Dave had given a response.
What was shown on the highlights show was seriously edited down and it still looked pretty bad. Yet his tweenie fans see nothing wrong and kept him in.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
So is an Allstars confirmed?? when does it start??

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
All-Stars is confirmed to start the day this season ends (August 24th) and go on for about 2.5 weeks. That list I posted was Gerry's speculation on who was going in, because those people were all called to some photoshoot. Some I look forward to seeing again, but I think it might be a little dull, as I can't see them being as in the game as they used to be. I can think of one big exception to that and her name begins with A!