TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 02, 2010 users admin

Muse

08-09-2001

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
I don't think I'm going to like Sam. He keeps making comments about the HMs (not just JJJ, either) as a joke, but I feel like it's attention-seeking. JJJ have also told him repeatedly that he's "so funny", and Josie has hugged him repeatedly. It reminds me a little of how they treated Andrew at first, actually. I think they're hoping to recruit him as their new pet. I'm going to be really disappointed if he joins their alliance. :-( He seems rather popular across the boards since he's adding a little excitement and addressing a number of his comments to JJJ, though.

The HMs think next week will be a double eviction. SURELY they're correct this time, don't you think? There's not much time left in the series! I am really hoping for a vote to save. It might weed out of some of the lackluster or very unpopular HMs.

It seems weird to have a house without Ben in it. I think it will be a happier place, but it still seems strange. He did a nice job in his interview with Davina, though.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Next week's eviction show is still listed as just the 35 minutes (the interview part). I guess they could fit two in during that time if there aren't any extra things going on, or maybe even evict one at the end of the first part, they've done that before. Next week Jo and newJJ could be up too, and a vote to save might get rid of those, so I'm not sure it would be that good a thing. I want Dave to go.

I don't know how the house would be happier without Ben. They're going to have to find someone else to use as a punching bag now, and I think they will miss having someone who takes some of their frustrations away by letting them criticise him. But I guess Sam will distract them for a while.

Marksman

05-04-2007

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
I am just surprised and excited fake Ben got the boot.

I don't like Sam, and I am pretty sure he is a phony and he won't cause any trouble when he is actually face to face with someone.

I don't want him getting roped in with the Duvet Duo....

I do think Ben did well in his interview as well. I think ben would actually make a good talk show host. He is very fake and phoney, but he puts on a good enough impression that people would like him for 2 minutes. It is going beyond that when his facade crumbles away.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Ben and Corin are the only ones who are real. Ben is about as real as one can get. He never tried to hide his flaws and hardly defended himself when attacked. He knows who he is and accepts himself as is. He did what he wanted to do and didn't care if he was put down for not doing things he didn't want to do. He was in the house exactly as he is outside the house. The people he associates with in the real world accept him as is and he couldn't understand why those in the house didn't accept him for who he is.

Corin is real in a different way. She suffered a great loss. I've known people who have faced tragedy and they, like Corin, no longer sweat the small stuff. She knows she is there for a lark and win or lose, she's going to enjoy herself and not let it get to her....except when JJ1 pushed her buttons, but she recovered nicely.

The rest of the originals are desperate for either fame or the money. Some are so desperate that they are shooting themselves in the foot like Mario. I'm not sure about Andrew, Jo and JJ2, but the others are as phony as monopoly money.

Corin for the win!

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Ben Ben where for art thou Ben!!

Darn it ! Dave's fanatical followers are probably remortgaging their houses so they can keep dave in each week.

Now the New Guy Sam is sucking up to Dave/ J n JJ ?? be still my quivering Stomach - I'm watching Archives of what I missed post Show and Sam is a waste so far. If the best he can do is suck his thumb infront of everyone and Smile / kissing *ss , i'm gonna be mad.

at this stage I dont understand why everyone is treating JJ with Kid gloves, do you want to WIN? or not?

he needs to be pushed and Pushed. We see how the little Baby runs for the Diary ROom a million times a day. He's a camera hog Attention seeker and I cant believe the others are "just there for the experience".

Hogwash LOL

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
It's not reading his mind, it's watching a pattern. No one can read Dave's mind either, but viewers notice a pattern they don't like about him

exactly my point, watching a pattern and extrapolating a meaning to it. I and many other Ben fans saw a Different meaning to those same exact actions.

i dont have to read Dave's mind. He is very verbal about his morals and next thing you know he is badmouthing and lying about someone.

what I mean is, no mindreading needed.

But lets agree to disagree. I'm in Ben withdrawl already and my JJ J tolerance meter is expired. I may tow my own Butt away from this show if Sam doesnt pan out as a villan.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Maybe they'll have an elimination on Wed, then another on Fri, technically that's a double eviction, in one week that is.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They're going to have to do something. They have three Fridays (Aug 6, 13, 20) before the Tuesday Aug 24 finale. They said the non-Friday ending was going to be a surprise, so I guess they would want six in the house then, so they'd have five to get rid of in three Fridays.

I'm also with Corin for the win (and also with Ben being 100% real and that being his downfall - but you probably all guessed that).

I want
Aug 6: Dave out (single eviction)
Aug 13: Rachel and Sam/newJJ depending on how Sam pans out (double)
Aug 20: Sam/newJJ and Jo/Steve depending on whether Jo perks up (double)

Top six for finale:
6. Jo/Steve (see above)
5. Mario
4. oldJJ
3. Andrew
2. Josie
1. Corin to win

I suspect, however, there's no chance of oldJJ being less than second unless Sam really gets to him.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    

Different rules for Ben and Dave?

Ben being 100% real and that being his downfall

No one can put it on that long, so I do think that was Ben's real personality, but his personality is patronizing others, trying to lead them somewhere, which made him look fake; it gets on people's nerves after awhile.

I would like:
Aug 6: Double: Dave and Steve
Aug 13: Double: Sam and Andrew
Aug 20: Josie

Top six for finale:
6. JJ
5. Jo
4. Rachel
3. John
2. Mario
1. Corin (I'm favoring her for the win right now)

Sandra

07-05-2004

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 2:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Corin is real in a different way. She suffered a great loss. I've known people who have faced tragedy and they, like Corin, no longer sweat the small stuff.

What has What has happened to Corin? I think I missed it.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I've been traveling for two weeks and am still trying to catch up with the last week. Thanks so much for your help, Kitt. I've gotten as far as to whom was nommed and just read on here that those nommed said they would throw it.

However, Steve won...hmmm. I don't know in what order they were allowed to pick their catchers, but Ben should have picked Corin if he could. Why in the world didn't Ben lie and really try? I'd much rather have seen Dave, Steve or JJ(1) go over Ben.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sandra, Corin's husband was killed in an accident at work, just four months after they got married.

You're welcome, Cricket. The week's been kind of slow except for the "ignore" task this week (Wed, Thu, Fri), which was really funny. Don't miss it!

Sandra

07-05-2004

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Kitt!! WOW!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, very tragic. I had a quick look through her bio and in one of the interviews she did it said something about her and her girlfriend having discussed about her maybe falling for someone in the house, and agreeing it would be ok if it happens, so I guess that accounts for why she's quite open with her newJJ desire. I thought it was odd before I read that.

Twitter for overday:

09:31 The alarm has just gone off in the House. The housemates do not look happy.
10:06 Newbie Sam is dishing out advice on the shopping list already.
10:14 Sam has just received his suitcase from Big Brother
10:59 Sam is wearing a pink tracksuit, pink sunglasses and a top hat... Nice!
11:24 JJ has just raced Mario to the Diary Room. In a shock result, the former Mole could not beat the highly trained boxer.
12:06 John, JJ and Dave are in the Nest. They've been reminiscing about Ben.
13:06 Sam has just tried to put the others off the scent. They are convinced he has a secret task.
14:18 The housemates are tucking into fish finger sandwiches. Jealous!
15:22 The housemates are chatting about the terrible twosome, Jedward.
16:59 Jo is doing Josie's hair in the Garden
17:25 Jo is telling Andrew how the girls are going to love him when he leaves the House
17:55 Sam has just jumped on Josie and John whilst they are cuddling under the covers
18:58 Housemates are changing their beds
19:26 Rachel and Dave are doing impressions of Ben

I read at DS Sam had already been called into the DR for inappropriate behaviour, after sitting on Josie's face.

Wonder if Ben's found out that Dave has been badmouthing him since week two yet.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Josie's funny. Clip on the highlights show had her in the DR, and she said when she gets out of the house JJ might be like in that scene from Grease with Danny Zucko where he acts cool in front of his mates and won't acknowledge her!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They got their messages from home this afternoon. Apparently Steve's message from his wife said he would be in trouble when he gets home, and now he's stressing about it and isn't sure what it means.

And DS are saying that JJ seems to be amused by the things Sam says, even those to Josie, and she's very upset by this. You can never tell how much of an exaggeration some of the threads in there are, but anyway, that's what's being reported.

Marksman

05-04-2007

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
Sorry but Ben is the fakest "person" I have ever seen on any reality show ever. There was nothing real about him.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    

Different rules for Ben and Dave?

dave told us, ben didnt.

no mindreading needed with dave, ben's actions required judgements and mindreading skills.

dave says he doesnt lie, then we all see him lie. No mindreading skills needed

Ben was real. i dont understand how anyone could think he was fake... i mean seriously, who in their right mind would think nonstop complaining and making fun of HMs that will Nominate you Is good Gameplay?

peeps are giving too much credit to ben's in house behaviour

I know people like ben, heck I'm a little LIKE ben.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I didn't bring up the mind reading thing, I don't believe it is something that viewers do, that is a non issue with me. Ben is a manipulator, he did the same things Dave did only more subtly, that makes him fake in what he said to other HMs, in that he was insincere, and he was found out. People don't like to be manipulated, plain and simple; the badmouthing added to that. He's gone, and unfortunately Dave is still there, he's worse than Ben was IMO, but there he is nonetheless.

Has BB kicked out Sam yet? Last I checked he was just being annoying, so I'm waiting, lol.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I understand the hms felt Ben was insincere and didn't mean what he said, but that doesn't mean that Ben himself, didn't actually mean what he said. I think people just don't get him. Which is fair enough, as long as they don't do it with venom. Whatever his personal failings there was never any malice there.

Twitters for today:

09:31 The housemates are being woken up by the theme from the Magic Roundabout. Tune!
10:16 Jo, John James, Josie and Rachel have just been talking about Ben. They think he was a big flirt!
10:51 Sam is talking to Josie about John James... again! http://bit.ly/aONoux
11:54 JJ is talking to Andrew about boxing. Brainiac likes table-tennis and golf.
12:12 The boys are playing a game in the Living Room. They are trying to throw a home made ball as close as possible to a target.
13:00 Corin and Jo just talked about wanting another 'fit' guy in the House.
13:23 The housemates are finding out about their new task... Parklife! **CONTAINS SPOILERS** http://miniurl.com/48151
14:01 John James and JJ are goading the other housemates, telling them to give up on the task because they are going to win anyway.
14:30 Most of the housemates are still going strong in their task.
16:00 Josie, Jo and Rachel are chatting in the Kitchen about John James!
16:31 Andrew JJ, John James, Corin, Mario and Sam are the only housemates left competing in the 'parklife' task
16:35 Jo says that Corin deserves a medal for singing 'head, shoulders, knees and toes' for as long as she has
17:05 John James says that he wouldn't get off his see-saw for £100,000
17:10 Josie rubs John James' legs while he goes up and down on the see-saw
17:38 Dave is worried that his message from home wasn't as positive as it might have been
17:42 Dave says he might walk out if he keeps on worrying about his wife

17:55 John James says that he can't even remember what ex housemate Nathan looks like now
18:16 JJ and John James try to eliminate some competition by throwing Sam and Mario's comfort cushions into the pool

The task is:

Each housemate must choose an activity and continue doing it for as long as they can.

See-Saw (2 housemates)
Slide (2 housemates)
Hopscotch (1 housemate)
Roundabout (2 housemates)
Bouncing Bugs (2 housemates)
Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes (2 housemates)

If a housemate gives up or is deemed to have failed, they may not return to their activity. If one housemate quits or fails on the See Saw, the other housemate on the See-Saw automatically also fails.

In the Garden is a giant mystery present. The individual housemate who manages to do their chosen activity the longest will win this mystery prize. Ooooooh!

The prize, unbeknownst to the housemates, is a voucher entitling the winner to a sumptous Arabian night for two in the Nest. The recipient may choose one partner with whom to share their Arabian night and one housemate to silently fan them during the dinner.

I'm very happy both Dave and Steve's wives gave their husbands something to think about in their messages!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Apparently in Dave's wife's message they said "hope you last one more week" and his mum said the same thing! He was hoping more for a "I know you're going to win it!" I'm not sure if it was better for his wife to try to manage his expectations now, or whether while he's inside the house it would have been better to just be nothing but supportive. Given him something to think about anyway! <evil laugh>

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm very happy Dave might now realize he's not quite as popular with the public as he once thought.

Came across this little parody of Josie/JJ @ DS and found it very funny.

it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nougQuei1AI

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
20:13 As winner of the task Andrew chooses Corin to share his Arabian night prize with him and selects Sam to fan him down

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
John James, Mario and Rachel are nominated. Presumably three up means it will be a single eviction. Save & Replace tomorrow. Dave didn't get any noms. (Sam couldn't be nominated and couldn't nominate).

John James and Josie turned off their mikes and are now banned from being in the same room - no sure for how long. Also the two have been arguing over Sam.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
09:32 The alarm is sounding through the House, shocking the housemates out of their slumber.
10:23 Sam is winding Josie up in the Bedroom. Josie is telling him that she doesn't like him anymore.
10:28 Josie has gone out to the Garden. She looks annoyed.
11:03 Rachel thinks Sam is causing paranoia in the House.
11:51 BB has just announced that nominations will start in 10 minutes. Newbie Sam will not nominate and cannot be nominated.
13:42 The debate has been raging over the last hour as to whether John should have stood up for Sam or not.
13:43 Josie is annoyed that the Aussie seems to be fighting Sam's corner despite his comments last night about Josie.
13:59 Sam seems to have really stirred up the House. A number of the housemates are having a heated debate in the Bedroom about him.
14:30 The debate over Sam is continuing between John, Josie and Sam himself in the Garden. In the mean time, Steve finishes his noms.
15:32 John James and Josie are under the covers. As usual.
16:41 John James and Josie are in the Diary Room receiving their punishment for squeezing their microphones
17:28 Sam is winding Josie up about not being able to spend time with John James