TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 30, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 30, 2010 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Yes this banner is crazy!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Ben takes responsibility for his actions and that is the problem. He says, "you're right, I'm sorry" then goes on to explain why he did whatever but by then the other person (and the viewer) has made note that he was wrong and gone on to the next complaint. He is too controlled and not emotional enough for the others (and the viewer) to realize he is engaged in the conversation. If he "lost it" the way JJ1 does, they might have stopped targeting him and paid attention to what he was saying.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the cool updated banner Jimmer And thanks for the updates everyone. Marcus--haha--that must have been funny, I can't wait to see that. Uhhh, I hope the polls are wrong and Dave goes. And since they are replacing someone, why not that very large man, I forget his name, but he seemed fun.

The difference between how Ben complains and Mario complains is that Ben moans about real things.

It can also be argued that the things Mario complains about are real to him, I think he's been going down hill since Ife left, it's not an excuse, it's an is, but I understand what's going on with him, if I'm right that is. What Ben does, to me, is convoluted to shine a negative light on Mario, putting attention on Mario and away from himself. My opinion is, Ben is not really anyone's friend, he just acts as if he is to stay in the house, but they are getting wise to him.

I just don't buy into the "poor Ben" nonsense. He is very insincere, and people are realizing that.

I agree Muse, I thought I was alone, lol. I wonder if Ben's had debate training, he sure can spin things to the other person. What worked for him in the beginning, though, is starting to split at the seems.

Ben takes responsibility for his actions and that is the
problem.

Ben's insincere, he agrees with someone, then says the opposite to someone else. People are noticing what he's doing. It's funny, Dave's distance from Ben might just save him this week, I hope not.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Can I just say that Marcus Bentley is adorable. I really wish I could whisper under the duvet with him for awhile. LOL. JJ1 and Dave are up now on the LF bashing Ben.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Zombies invaded the BB house about 1am this morning...and it ain't the first time actually...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Set_%28TV_series%29

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Zombies would be a little too freaky. Got to give it to BB, they come up with some great ideas!

On the subject of insincere... I don't know if Ben went to some sort of debating class but I would guess he's done something like that. But I think the more relevant thing is it is his job to make small talk with people at parties in order to get stories for his columns. And his upbringing, as someone from the upper classes, tells him to make polite, give and take conversation with anyone he's with, regardless of whether they have anything in common or not. He's been brought up to converse in just the very way he's been conversing, and he just doesn't have experience with people who don't follow the same rules of etiquette he does.

And I agree it's coming off as insincere, and to a certain extent his conversation is insincere, but that doesn't make him insincere, it's actually makes him kind of thoughtful - he's eliminating awkward pauses, making the person feel wanted in the moment, making sure that person isn't alone feeling left out, and making sure the other person is marginally entertained. He's being the perfect host or party guest, because that's what his background and his current occupation have made him.

Muse

08-09-2001

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Stormie, I think we're pretty much on the same page regarding Ben. When he's upset with someone (which is sometimes over an imagined slight, and sometimes over something more real), he always tries to get other people involved. I think it's a combination of true emotion (always looking for reassurance that he's right) and strategy (trying to get people on his side).

I also think that Ben shows zero self-responsibility. He always says, "You're right" (or something along those lines), then follow it up with "but...". That's why he and John have gotten in some loooong arguments. They both think they're always right.

All that being said, though, I really hope Ben stays this week. It's going to be close between Ben and Dave, and I want Ben to stay to see how he copes without Dave. I also want to see someone who isn't on Team John James stay in the house. (Dave has totally signed up for that team in the last day or so. I don't think that Ben fully realizes that, though.)

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
every Ignore task has been a disaster. that Real Estate agent scenario was ridiculous. JJ Andrew and dave followed the group from room to room obviously in an attempt for camera time.

the zombie invasion also was NOT ignored, JJ especially got excited and started jumping up n down on the bed. Then everyone talked about it when the zombies left. JJ ?? and mario followed them right to the warddrobe and were looking for the trap? door.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Finally!! JJ tells josie and jj2 what he is really about.

this is the transcription from 754pm their time.

is that what you mean by that?

J Yeah ya ya .

JJ ya I can play pranks on people, like I said before, i can play pranks on people all nite

(birds)

corin is shown sleeping

jj and I love every minute of it, I roll around like a full on ninja at night. with me like black clothes on.

j - you are such a convincing liar as well, you woulda been brilliant at it.

jj ya ya I coulda been the mole- i think i could have put on a show .....close to mole. He did it pretty good .......but I coulda got the Waterworks going easily.

JJ2 (looks surprised) YOu could have??

JJ yeah ya ya! i could have ya. i would have just thot of something sad in my life. if i knew it meant staying in here

jj2 - when I get accused of doing something I didnt do, i start laughing.

JJ then talks about the shoe task which josie and Him were supposed to do. How the whole house were blaming josie and not one person thot jj was involved.

josie says, everyone accused everybody and no one accused John James.
((the look on JJ2's face is hard to describe. its like he is surprised but looks unhappy.

This interchange is Well worth the effort to Hunt up on Archives Day 50 754pm

i would love someone else's take on the expressions. JJ is bragging, Josie is supporting him and JJ2 just looks surprised.))

Conclusion-- JJ admits he can Flip on the tears whenever he wants to.

Now if only that Makes the HIGHLIGHTS show I'd be happy. Wonder how many young girlies are going to be angry when they realize they've been conned.

On a final note, I think Ben's goose is cooked. Dave is not doing his Bubbly belly manic hysteria stuff anymore. Instead he seems like a calm fatherly figure.

IF only BB edited some of his crazy *ss stuff into the show. unfortunately he isnt doing it while on the block so I think Ben might go.

Although, Dave's harping at JJ during the night COULD make the show and would make him look bad. And Ben calling Josie a PIg could get the JJ fans on HIS side. Lots of jj fans HATE josie.

So i have no idea. The polls are often wrong. I think only Govan and nathan was a clear eviction.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dave harping at JJ could get him a lot of votes, I really hope they show that!

Hmmm, oldJJ crying on cue and proud of it. Definitely something else to show on the highlights. Don't know what it means though, just because he brags about it (particularly to newJJ) doesn't make it true, just makes him more anxious for love/attention. Or it could be a chink in his armour. I don't know. Arggg the spell checker wants me to spell armour as armor. How can that be right?!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Story at DS:

Davina's going to host part of tomorrow's show from inside the house! She will have to be ignored - no chance of that happening!
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a252708/davina-mccall-to-enter-bb11-house.html

And it seems Dave and Steve's wives came in and they did manage to ignore them. It's kind of sweet actually, Steve and Ben sang a Dionne Warwick song because his wife's name is Dionne:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a252725/steve-and-davids-wives-visit-house.html

Selfishly though, it means Dave might get some sympathy unvotes, so that's not good imo ;)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitternesessesses:

09:40 Housemates have been woken up by an Opera singer... like music to their ears!
10:10 John James and Josie are having some rough and tumble in the Bedroom
11:59 John James is having an intervention with Andrew, about him fancying Josie
13:08 Josie and John James are having a cringfest flirt in the Bedroom
14:52 Dave & Steve's partners have popped round for a cup of tea in the Garden... and the boys are finding them hard to ignore!
14:58 The wives have now finished their tea and left. Dave has 'a lot of love in his belly' and is now in the Diary Room with Steve
15:13 Dave is showing Ben pictures of his wife and family
16:49 Ben is telling John and Josie why people may not like him on the outside...
16:50 Jo is entertaining Steve in the Garden by singing to him
17:00 John, Andrew, Ben and Corin are nattering about eviction night
17:26 Steve has come out of the Diary Room and has said that he is desperate to win the video message from home
17:32 Andrew, Corin and JJ are talking about their favourite chocolate bars
18:02 Dave is upset about seeing his wife earlier

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
they didnt manage to ignore ANYTHING. geez, they sat in a line directly staring at the table the Whole time.

Dave spent the whole time Looking DIRECTLY at his wife going on and on about the Glory.

Steve tried to be more subtle but finally the HMs all lined up like they were watching a Movie.

FAIL, fail fail faaaaayyyyeeeeellllll

Its really too bad that this task had to take place this week. Since this has been going on since Nominations there has been no opportunity for Dave to be going his manic act.

I only hope he goes a little off his nut again tonight since the HMs are getting Booze and he will be suffering wild adrenaline fluctuations since his wife came in.

Crossing my fingers he does something BB can edit brutally LOL

btw Ben was Brilliant at helping steve and dave to Casually talk about their wives by asking leading questions.

hopefully this MAY work in his behalf when they air this on HL show.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
making the person

I don't agree that this is a good thing, it's not relevant what job Ben has, when he tries to make someone feel anything, he is patronizing them, that may be something you can do at work when you meet someone once, but it's not something you can do to a person you're living with 24/7, it comes off as fake and people react, well, pretty much how Rachel did, not trusting the words that come out of his mouth.

Dave has totally signed up for that team in the last day or so.

I had wondered if Dave weren't chummy with John now, bc he chose of the two, Ben and John, who would benefit him in staying in the game. I think John's attempted escape may have helped Dave decide, bc Lisa got a lot of support after she did that, bc it was fantastic. So, good for Dave, I still hope he goes though.

Conclusion-- JJ admits he can Flip on the tears whenever he wants to.

That's really not a conclusion, and also, why would it be a bad thing if John tried to make the show more entertaining? If he were bringing on the tears, good for him in making a more interesting show, but he also may have said he could bring on the tears to lessen his embarrassment in front of JJ. I'd rather him put it on, though, than think he's having a really hard time, but I do think it may be a little of both.

Marksman

05-04-2007

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
I agree with your on all points Stormie.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
When they read off the rules I didn't hear anything about not being able to LOOK at anything, though I could have missed it.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Awww, Keeley was on BBLB! She looks good - sounded a little off to me, maybe medications or something. Rodrigo from BB10 (OMG the queen task still makes me laugh) interviewed her in her home and gave her Best Bits!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But he's insincere when he first meets them, before he gets to know them, Stormie. Anyway, that's enough from me about Ben, except tears when he's out tomorrow :-(.

I also thought there would be a lot of leeway on "ignoring." I especially hope they gave them extra leeway when their wives were in the house. And that was another example of Ben using his small talk skills in a kind way, when he facilitated(sp?) Steve talking about his wife without having it break the rules. Ok, that was the last you'll hear from me about Ben.

I still love Rodrigo. I'm not sure he was the best interviewer for Keeley though, he spoke more than interviewed. I guess she's not very mobile, as it would have been nice to have her in the BBLB studio - she deserves time on there much more than Shabby and Caoimhe did.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Watching today's show. Not sure if the constant badgering of >him< will work in his favour or not.

Corin in the DR was so funny! Sounds like BB were pretty generous, they're saying they were only up to 26 fails by the time the zombies came in. I guess by the end of the day they were half way, so pretty good going.

Muse

08-09-2001

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
I'm fine with them giving them some leniency with the task. Some of them are giving it a really good effort -- Ben, Mario, Steve, Jo, and Corin in particular. I wish that they could receive the messages home only, though.

Dave is such an idiot...chiding Rachel for mentioning the postman, then metioning the postman a couple of times himself (albeit when complaining about Rachel). I caught him doing a lot of that kind of thing throughout the day. For instance, tonight he started talking about having a "vision" of a beautiful woman in the garden. Mario told him to shut up. :-)

I think that Ben is a nasty piece of work, but I do have to admit that it will be a little sad to see him go. He's a character, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to his interview with Davina, although I'm sure I will want to throw things at the TV when I see it. I SO wish that Dave was leaving. Has everyone seen his youtube videos from Sloshfest, btw? Disgusting.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
he is patronizing them

that suggests intent. I dont believe there is any intent. Other viewers may be able to read Ben's mind, I cant. All we can do is guess.

I choose to suggest that Ben is not being insincere with everyone, its more like he IS fully sincere with everyone and means it when he says it. however, later he means it with someone else..... LIke a cheating man telling each girlfriend he Loves them. He does, each one is loved for a different aspect.

I think Ben is hilarious when he gets caught saying things by Jo. She calls him out and puts him in his place.

he also may have said he could bring on the tears to lessen his embarrassment in front of JJ

interesting idea! i never thot of it that way but its possible. If you watch the Video of the interaction, it did seem like JJ1 was trying to brag. It may have been bravado more than Fact.

Dave is such an idiot YES he is. I want him gone so badly. Cant wait to see what Ben will do with Dave the Gossipmonger gone.

IF dave didnt run from person to person badmouthing Ben, i really wonder if he would be isolated the way he is.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
On the official site they have announced that the new housemate is Sam from last week, the one everybody in the house disliked and did NOT want in.

Should be interesting tonight, but I hope Ben survives.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Why on earth did they chose Sam!?!? I don't think the viewers even liked him, and it's clear a lot of the hms had come across him before and didn't like him. He better be more than the one dimensional idiot he appears to be.

Davina's on BBLB now. She says she's going to go in (as invisible) and ruffle Ben's hair and sit on oldJJ's lap! Tonight's show is going to be a particularly good one of course (ignoring the fact that poor Ben might go).

I completely agree that Ben wouldn't be as isolated if Dave hadn't been bad mouthing him really since week two or so. And Ben still thinks Dave is the only one he can trust. Corin had a couple of bad weeks but I quite like her now, and she seems about the only one who sees what's happening to Ben.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Current odds:

Ben 8/15
Dave 13/8
Andrew 25/1
oldJJ 33/1

I think there's still a chance for Ben because I think viewers who don't frequent the boards, don't bet on the game etc., will like Ben, whereas no one really is going to like Dave. Just depends whether they are organised enough to evict Dave rather than not bothering to vote or spreading their votes around.

I so wish it had been a vote to save, Dave would have gone for sure.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters:

09:47 Housemates have been awoken by the sound of a cockerel... lucky things!
10:00 Some of the housemates still seem to be struggling to drag themselves out of bed.
10:41 Ben and Dave are talking about tonight's eviction.
11:11 John James is walking around the House topless
11:19 Josie is giggling in the Diary Room as she chats to Big Brother
11:31 JJ says he has been getting to know more people by not spending all of his time with John James.
11:43 Ben has asked Jo to chat to him lots today
12:02 Dave is reading his Bible in the Garden and feeling the glory.
12:42 Mario is naked in the Garden!
13:02 Mario, Ben and Dave are anxiously chatting about the upcoming eviction tonight
13:49 Josie and John James are sticking very close to each other today as they cook lunch in the Kitchen
14:23 John James is talking to Josie about who he thinks will be evicted tonight
16:39 Crowd noise is being played into the House for tonight's eviction
17:35 Josie is joking that John will ignore her when they come out of the House
17:44 Corin is painting Dave's finger nails
18:24 Josie and John are having a long embrace in bed

Interesting that newJJ has moved away from oldJJ a bit.