TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 28, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 28, 2010 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'd rather have Dave out, but I can see voters evicting Ben, he and Dave have been bad-mouthing Mario for a few days now, regardless of what Mario has been doing, Ben claimed to be his friend, but has proven not to be a friend at all. Both Dave and Ben target people and bad-mouth them to others, making them seem like they are doing something they really didn't do. Dave makes a claim that his target is bringing him down, where Ben is more subtle, but still doing the same thing; they speak as if they know what everyone is thinking, feeling and why they are doing what they are doing, but these tactics are getting old, though the more overt Dave is more annoying to me.

I don't think he'll go, but if John went I can put away the gag reflexes for this whatever it is with Josie. People tend to want to break up couples, so if they are looking like one, he might go.

If Andrew went, it wouldn't bother me at all, I don't believe he is as naive as he claims, I think he is fully into playing the game, but I don't find him entertaining.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I can't blame Ben for moaning about Mario, have you heard some of the things Mario has said!? Really vicious and and spiteful. Look at all the ideas he put into Rachel's head for example, and he knows she's gullible enough to actually believe it and loud enough to repeat it incessantly. Ben being a womaniser was one of the tamest things he said - Ben a womaniser?!? I'm beginning to wonder how much of a grip Mario has on reality because he must know the audience hear him speak like that. He's almost as weird as JJ... almost!

I am worried Dave will keep quiet this week, or just put on the charm, whereas we know Ben is almost certain to keep on being miserable and picked on by Mario. I think JJ is only going to become more popular with all his angst, and I can't see anyone voting Andrew out. So I'm worried for Ben in case his exposure this week is going to do him no favours. Kind of hoping BB realise Dave just brings people down, whereas Ben's a real character, and will remember who needs to stay when they do the editing!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
From what I've seen lately, I think BB wants to keep Dave. He's been getting the good edit while everything Ben does is shown in the worst possible light. Dave is shown as almost sane while Ben is shown to do nothing but complain about others. I just hope that enough of Ben's fans vote for Dave to get him out. I'm afraid that many will split their vote and Ben will go the way of Sunshine.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Laura walked first thing this morning so I'd imagine that's why its a single this week. She didn't even stay long enough to make it into the banner at the top of this page.

They should put in Megan. they really need more females since they've lost 4 to walks (and an injury) and most of the evictions have been female.

So in total, 7 females and 2 males have left.

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Well at least a male will leave on friday.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I don't know how Mario has become responsible for Rachel and Ben's falling out, but it didn't have anything to do with him. A few days ago Ben and Rachel had an argument when Ben took over her bed, I'm not sure if she got it back. Then when the new newbies came in, Ben was schmoozing all over Laura, which upset Rachel, bc Ben didn't give her the time of day, that is when she realized he was not the person she thought he was.

Rachel was talking to Josie about this and Josie said she thought Ben was a womanizer, but Rachel said she didn't think so, that he was very flirty; during this conversation, Rachel said something like she must have been gullible before, but not anymore. Also, Jo told Ben she thought he was a player, she also said, with Corin, that he was a serial flirter, maybe the latter more in gest, I'm not sure, bc this has been going on awhile, different conversations.

A couple of Mario connections are that Mario spoke to Ben directly about what he thought about this issue with Rachel, when Ben brought it up to him. Mario may have chimed it at other times too, but when Ben told Jo she could visit him, she made a comment something like she bets he tells everyone that, then Mario chimed in that he did. There are many people who see what Ben is doing, without any influence from others, he's a schmoozer and Rachel now thinks he's fake bc of that. I actually like Rachel more now, after she stuck up for herself, so she does have it in her.

It's strange to me how it's not okay for Mario to complain, but it's okay for Ben to complain about Mario behind his back. When you are someone's friend, claim you love them, as Ben has claimed he does Mario, then you accept them in spite of their faults, and if Ben had a actual problem with Mario, then he should have spoken directly to him, but he's disparaging him behind his back, likely to sway people against him. It is a game and Ben's playing it, just like everyone else, but for me, he's the third most irritating.

I'm sorry to see Laura go, she was barely there. I hope no one else goes in, though, I'd rather they give the current HMs more to do.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
It has been revealed by Ch4 that Laura would be replaced by a new housemate this Friday. Currently it is not known who the replacement will be.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
So far the HMs have had three intruders to ignore for the task:

1. A stripper postman
2. A marching band
3. A Toilet attendent handing out lollipops in the bathroom

There is talk of Shabby going in to be ignored... which is an idea that I can't stand but I feel sure will happen.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The difference between how Ben complains and Mario complains is that Ben moans about real things. He gets frustrated at Mario's behaviour and just has a gripe about it. Mario creates scenarios that completely hype up the small things that Ben has done, moulds them into the actions of some kind of evil monster, then tells Ben how lucky he is that they even give him the time of day. As I said before, I've tried really hard to keep on liking Mario, as I did a lot at the beginning, but his behaviour is completely unacceptable to me, you just can't treat people like that. It's a shame really, he was so popular at the beginning, but he's going to get nothing but boos now.

Glad they're replacing Laura. I wonder if they'll give the hms the choice from the other three. Joel must be so mad!

Yep, bet they do have Shabby come in. I don't know how they're able to ignore them. Particularly when their wives come in!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Ben's favourite to go, according to the odds.

Ben 4/5
Dave 5/4
Andrew 16/1
JJ 12/1

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
NO!!! We will need more chanting:
Get Dave Out!!! Get Dave Out!!! Get Dave Out!!! Get Dave Out!!! Get Dave Out!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Aww BBLB have just said the invisible Santa was Mario's granddad!

Can't believe the polls... please BB be kind with the edits! I think Ben has a lot of fans and a lot of people who hate him, so it's whether his fans can all gang together and vote out Dave!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
LOL - Marcus Bentley is in the house with a microphone commenting about the goings on... they are having trouble ignoring him. I know I would. This is too funny - he's following them around repeating what they're talking about in BB voice-over fashion!

Christiii

07-07-2005

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo I will quit watching if Ben goes!!! NOO NOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters:

09:57 Housemates are slowly waking up. JJ has already wondered where Laura is but... no one knows!
11:22 Housemates have had a strip tease postman enter the House! Oo er!
12:09 Housemates are talking about Laura's leaving
13:59 The housemates have a toilet attendant in the House. Ignoring him shouldn't be so difficult!
16:41 Ben and Rachel are having another debate surrounding 'Mr Tickle'
17:06 Mario is upset about his grandad being in the Diary Room, he was dressed up as Santa!
17:21 Jo is telling Rachel to go and talk to Ben as they need to resolve their differences
17:28 The girls are in the Kitchen discussing their liking for older men
17:29 John James is telling JJ that he thinks the group dynamic in the House has never been better
17:39 JJ, Mario and Corin are thinking of pranks to play on the House
17:44 Jo has been educating the girls in the ways and workings of men
18:38 Dinner has been consumed and now Jo, Rachel and Ben are doing the washing up
18:54 Marcus Bently - The Voice of Big Brother is the next guest in the House for the Ignore The Obvious task
19:16 Josie and JJ are discussing Corin and how she gets shy around JJ
21:01 John and Josie are in bed together, resting their eyes..

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The other officialBB twitter said that the toilet attendant was Ben's friend Dave, but he didn't notice. And one of the gorillas was Emma Willis!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
There seems to be a massive push to get rid of Ben and BB is helping it with their edits. JJ fans are really gathering their troops to vote Ben instead of Dave. It really seems to me that BB would be smarter to try to get rid of Dave. They all think he is very popular outside and it would really shake up the whole house if he goes. Ben would also be much funnier without Dave pushing him in his b.. complaint sessions. Ben talks about people in his snarky way, but Dave seems to zero in on weaknesses to rip apart. I suspect that Ben is just being who he is in his real life. I bet he always comments on his friends' flaws and makes rude comments about strangers' way of dress or mannerisms. Dave seems to target whoever he wants to be nominated and it somehow seems more purposeful to me.

Also, all of them seem to think it's OK to point out every little mistake Ben makes in a confrontational way. No matter who else does no house chores, Ben is the scapegoat. No matter who else doesn't give their all in a task, Ben is the scapegoat. JJ complains about Ben being lazy, but Ben has done ten times the household chores as JJ. Has JJ ever done any cleaning at all? He doesn't even do his own laundry, his Mommy Josie does it for him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Also, all of them seem to think it's OK to point out every little mistake Ben makes in a confrontational way.
That's exactly it. Ben's no saint, but it's like they know he doesn't react in a normal way so they just use him as an easy way to vent their frustrations without any consideration for what it must be like to be continually picked to pieces. And again this is particularly Mario, he says such spiteful things with such venom - there's no humour or softness to it at all. It's a bit like how Bea picked on Freddie last year.

I think Dave is very smart and a skilled manipulator. I think he'd have to be just to run his "church" and survive on donations. To me he's worse than Mario, because he is so two faced. At least Mario is very clear on what he's saying and thinking.

BB are fools if they want Dave to stay over Ben.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
22:25 An estate agent is giving a happy couple a tour of the BB House

lol!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Andrew cracks me up. "What kind of name is John James?"

So far no hatchett job on anyone. Dave is laying low :-(.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch Ben and Rachel in the hut thing? The poor guy, he has the patience of a saint. I feel so sorry for him, I don't know how he doesn't snap. I shouted at her through the screen several times. I don't like how the others would feel (smug) if he goes but in some ways it would be better for him, he must be so miserable in there.

Muse

08-09-2001

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
I just don't buy into the "poor Ben" nonsense. He is very insincere, and people are realizing that. He has said awful things about virtually everyone in the house, but 99% of it is behind their backs. And I think that a lot of it is completely stupid stuff, or things that you might think but don't need to vocalize (especially repeatedly -- Ben loves to harp on others' flaws, but will have a fit if anyone says anything to him).

That's not to say that I agree with the rest of the house completely. For instance, while IMO Rachel is correct that Ben uses his charm and likes to say that everyone is "special" to him, I think she's also just plain jealous. I also think that Mario could be the bigger person and voice his issues with Ben in an open manner, rather than making commments here and there.

It would help if Ben took some responsibility for his actions, developed a better attitude, and (most of all) stopped bitching about others. I think that those are the reasons why he will probably be evicted on Friday. Dave is being very smart by stopping his comments about other HMs and distancing himself from Ben.

Hope I'm wrong, because I prefer to see Dave go...but whatever. It will be Ben's own fault. (Well, that and his fans, many of whom are wasting votes by voting for JJ rather than Dave.)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I will admit, they're doing a great job with these people they're supposed to ignore...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a252326/estate-agent-shows-couple-around-bb-house.html

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree Ben's bitching is way too much but I don't see it as mean spirited, I see it more as voicing the niggles that people have with others, he just does it in an eloquent way, which makes it seem more than when others do the same thing. I think his faults lie in his honesty and his lack of filter. He thinks he can describe his reasons for doing or saying something and have people understand, and he thinks he has to politely let people have their say, and respond individually to each of their criticisms logically and systematically. That's just not how most people argue, and it makes him come across as covering himself, or trying to worm his way out of things when he's just being truthful. He's kind, he doesn't hurt other people's feelings knowingly, although he does occasionally by not understanding them well, and if they would just accept him for who he is (which they seem quite happy to do with someone as out there as oldJJ, for example) they'd just realise he's different and not be so judgemental. I like him and I get exactly what he's trying to say just about every time I've heard him, so maybe I'm a bit biased.

I agree it'll be Ben's own fault if he goes, but he is just being who is, there's nothing sinister to him, which is what some of the others have been suggesting. He's just different, and because he's different they think it's ok to treat him badly. I think it's not ok and I feel sorry for him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And a big hug to banner mod, for the ever expanding banner! On Friday there'll be another face to add!