TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 22, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 22, 2010 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
What Keeley should have said to the talkers is: I heard a name and since all you do all the time is talk dirt about everyone, I made the assumption that you were saying something against another person. If this was the first time you ever said something nice about another person, I apologize. Since all you've done since you entered the house is complain about everyone in here, it was an honest mistake.

Considering, I thought she was very polite in the way she asked them to leave. It certainly didn't justify JJ's hour long rant repeating the same thing over and over in the back yard. That child needs help.

Also, in today's show he was less than gentlemanly when Josie told him how she really felt and he kept pretending that he didn't understand what she was saying. Then, he made sure he got his point across to the public by running to the diary room to make sure we all knew he didn't fancy her the way she fancied him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Keeley really is a trooper - all smiles in the house and then the second she's alone in the diary room you can see the pain take over her face.

I think we might have seen the real John James in the diary room at the end of the show. Just unable to deal with emotional situations and quick to decide that running away is his best option. He really is very emotionally underdeveloped.

I thought he was good in bed with Josie. He really does care about her and seems to want to understand her feelings, but his emotions just don't work in the same way Josie's do. I'd bet he's never had a relationship with a woman that was both friendship and sexual, I bet he completely separates the two.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just read your post after mine, MamaB. I think JJ was honest on all that. If he isn't he certainly had me fooled! I think he doesn't understand what Josie means (and what Ben and others mean at other times) because he is so screwed up emotionally, he doesn't feel the way most people feel or process things the way most other people process things. He's still like a child.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
You're probably right. I just felt bad for Josie having to repeat her confession over and over to him. She must have been embarrassed in the first place, but to have to keep saying it again and again must have been torture. I think she is finally picking up on JJ not being the brightest bulb on the tree emotionally and needed to explain to him what everyone else sees and understands about them.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
You mean complaining about, making negative comments, and slagging people off the way Ben, Dave and Corin do all the time?

I stand by my position that Keeley was wrong, apologies were said on both sides; we'll have to just agree to disagree.

I don't think John has known what to do, Josie keeps changing what she's saying. I think he's handled the situation as well as he can. They talk about this now, which is good, hopefully they won't listen to anyone else. I honestly think they are meant to be friends, nothing more, but who knows.

Does anyone know when the All-Stars are going into the house? Are they still going to do that?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ending date for this show is August 24th, and the winner (top two? not sure if they said how many) stays in the house and the all-star hms join him/her/them. The big finale is Sept 10th.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
and my position is keeley was completely in the right.

I go by the whole situation which i watched as it happened.

JJ started his double talk and that is when Keeley started really going on about how she thought they were slagging steve off.

They WERE talking about people.

Keeley apologized multiple times to keep the peace.

Guess that fact was missed since JJ is still harping aobut it.

yes Keeley's ankle was obviously broken. I couldnt believe they sent her back into the house instead of calling for an ambulance.

I couldnt believe that Moron pushing the icepack onto her ankle. poor keeley

The bleeding was incredible when you look at the pics. A sprain doesnt make a dent like that or bleed like that under the skin.

of course everyone in chat was calling me a liar and saying it was just sprained. Geez i get tired of being challenged about things I KNOW due to experience.

the singing dancing task is terrible to watch. everything is basically being "Birded" out. I am so looking forward to seeing the HL show and hearing them sing.

I had a feeling steve would be the best voice. The resonance of his snoring hints that he'd have a good voice.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, that's going to be fun when it happens, I just hope they add more things before then. I hope they have something live on Friday still, Davina should visit for a day, lol, that would be fun.

They WERE talking about people.

This makes my point, it wasn't actually about anyone being loud, it only had to do with Steve and her attempt to try and get brownie points with him, but it didn't work, Steve already had her number.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I am so addicted to BBUK, I don't have time for BBUS lol - what is this about All Stars??? I thought *this* was the last one.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Oh, PLEASE not Siavash. He is the only one out of that list that really, super bothers me! But I'm right there with you, Willwillbee - I am way more obsessed with BBUK than BBUS!

LOL, Sun: I had a feeling steve would be the best voice. The resonance of his snoring hints that he'd have a good voice.
I never would have thought of that, but you're absolutely right!

And it really has been torture watching the singing task on the feeds. Not only do they "bird" out the singing, but about half of what Andrew Stone says in conversation and half of what everyone else says when they're talking about him!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Searching further, apparently thesun is not a good source & only one of those named has been confirmed for all stars.

I just don't understand why they are going to stop BBUK completely. I can understand not taking up one whole TV channel with live feeds & 3 daily programs re: BB but they still could have it as an online thing ala BBUS.

Apparently Josie got a response, JJ moved to thrilled Mario's bed. I didn't see any convos between them but JJ was distant all day & night.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
It's not becoming cost effective for Channel 4 anymore with the declining ratings- though the production company has hinted they might try and sell it to Channel 5 over there (right now they're in the process of being sold so they're waiting for that to finish out- Ironically, one of the bidders is a joint bid between Channel 4 and NBC Universal)

If it does come back- I think they might try and switch up the format slightly; maybe make it more like the US version...

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Digitalspy just confirmed- there will be new HM's going in tomorrow during the live show (this has to mean that Keeley isn't going to come back because of her injury)..

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
(poor Jimmer, it's an ever changing banner!)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters:

08:12 The housemates have just been woken up to 'Don't stop believing' , Rachel does an impressive air guitar solo
08:44 John James and Josie are showering together
09:23 The housemates are sat around getting ready to start filming their music video
09:28 There is a mixture of excitement and nervousness from the housemates about the day ahead
09:37 Dave and Ben are hamming up their parts in the Lounge, while Mario is being filmed on the steps of the Nest
09:53 Steve is laying down some vocals. The Baron has a surprisingly nice singing voice
09:56 Ben says "Apparently 1 in 24 people have a third nipple"
10:37 Mario is getting into the swing of things, bopping his head for the cameras
11:11 Ben is having a sulk in the Nest with John James and Dave
11:31 Josie is preparing lunch while the other housemates continue to film their music video
13:23 John James and Josie are having a flirty playfight in the bedroom
15:03 Andrew and Corin are really putting some passion into their duet
15:15 Ben and Corin are in the Nest rehearsing
15:19 Andrew Stone is trying not to laugh at Ben's singing
15:33 The housemates are back in the task room singing 'Time of our lives' to impress Andrew Stone
16:32 Ben and Andrew are chatting about jokes and how some people can get offended
16:37 John and Dave are chatting about Mario, Dave says he's spoilt
17:00 Andrew Stone has left the Big Brother House after revealing Corin and Andrew will be doing the duet tomorrow!
17:29 Josie and John are all cuddled up in bed together!
18:19 Andrew and Corin are super excited for tommorow night
18:24 Josie and John are in the Diary Room

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Is Jimmer the one who is keeping the banner going? I have been very impressed with the timeliness of the upkeep.

Thank you Jimmer!!!! Great job!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My theory (i.e. completely unconfirmed and pure speculation on my part!) on why Ch4 has dropped BB has a lot to do with bullygate and how people are complaining to Ofcom (the watchdog agency) at the slightest thing these days. It means they have to stop people doing things that might turn into interesting storylines and are continually dealing with controversy. I'm convinced that's why they stopped the live feeds - the bad press wasn't worth it.

I think monetary concerns play into it, but I'm sure the E4 overnight feeds cost them almost nothing (trust me, no one's going to be watching E4 at night without BB) and they still get a lot of money from the phone calls. The house can't be that expensive to run. Viewer numbers have dropped, but they'd still be high compared to what Ch4 would normally expect for a 10pm weekday show.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think so, Mamabatsy. It's been a great banner!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Reworking my table of housemates and dates, assuming Keeley is out (which I haven't seen confirmed anywhere):

July 23: three in (two have left), up to 12 confirmed except for Keeley's fate
July 30: evict 2, down to 10
August 6: evict 1, down to 9
August 13: evict 1, down to 8
August 20: evict 2, down to final six??
August 24: finale with final six???

So now they have room for a second and third double eviction, or to have a final six instead of the final four it was looking like they'd have to have before.

Also, almost certainly the new three will be immune from the double eviction next week, so then we'll be down to three newbies and only seven originals/old-newbies.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
New housemates. Maybe they will do a better job picking them this time. Out of the last 3, the only one worth having there was Keeley.
What is the point of Andrew being in there? He does nothing, causes no drama, is too young for any kind of show-mance or relationship, he's just a total waste of a housemate slot. And Rachel is almost as bad, she just giggles at everything and acts positive towards everybody.

They still haven't officially released Keeley from the house so I hope she makes it back in, even on crutches or a wheelchair. They can make allowances for her in the tasks just like they do for Steve.

This series is tanking fast with the Dave influence pn everything and everybody, and the onl6y way they can salvage it is if they put in the right new people.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am hoping they are going to do a "vote to save" next week, with everybody up and the double eviction. That would hopefully get rid of Dave and Rachel. Like you say, it would be a completely different game with Dave gone and some new really interesting characters.

(I think they tried hard to get it right with the last three newbies. Keeley was sent in to shake things up with Steve and certainly did that; Andrew was meant to get in the mix with Mario and Ben and co, and that's partly working. I think Rachel was meant to cause drama with Corin but that didn't pan out. I think they know what they're doing, it's just impossible to know how hms will actually react when in the house.)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I'd love to see a really hot gay guy who has no interest in Mario at all. He would produce some fireworks over that. AND... what if the new hot gay guy fell for Ben and Ben felt he was worth coming out of the closet for. I should produce this show... And while I'm at it, why not a cutie that JJ can fall for. Josie would tear her eyes out. It could be interesting but there is no doubt in my mind that none of it will happen. It will just be three more to add to the mix with nothing new to spice things up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I still like Mario but he really is such a bad sport. He would be hilarious if they did send in a gay guy who didn't want him! You definitely should prodcue the show, MamaB!

Though I'm not sure that they or anyone could predict who JJ would fancy, or hate, or have any other emotion towards, he's just so unpredictable.