TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 20, 2010 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I so cry foul on that Big Brother!!! They randomly saved JJ!!

I join you in your cry of FOUL!!!! They haven't said just what Keeley did to have her nominations removed, but they have ALL been talking about nominations all the time. Since there were so many problems with nominations this week, they should all be up. Every last one of them. Then we'd have a chance to get rid of Steve or Dave. I'd love for JJ to go, but the teenagers who think he is the second coming of Beckam would keep him.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Keeley might have to quit because of her injury- looks like a sprained ankle. She's at least thinking about it.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Keeley is leaving the BB house to go to the hospital for a scan of her ankle. The HMs have packed a little bag for her in case she's there overnight.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
OOOOhhhh - who remembers when Vanessa from BBUK 6 jumped off the bed and sprained her ankle? The video of that still gives me chills when her ankle twisted.... yuk! Anyway, she had to go to the hospital too and used crutches for awhile when she got back.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She seems like too much of a fighter to leave over a sprained ankle. Most of the challenges must be designed with Steve in mind, so I'd have thought she could make do pretty well on crutches - most of BB is a social thing anyway. Hope it isn't broken, that would be bad.

They'll have to retool the Glee task too, for two less dancers.

Thank you MamaB! I thought they'd be all over it at DS but I haven't noticed a single thread on it. Considering how often all the others have talked about nominations singling in her out in a way that has a known effect on already given nominations should have been a no-no for BB, I think. If they'd have stopped her from nominating next week that's different, as they (BB) can't predict what she will do. And I think JJ could have been at risk because of his recent behaviour, particularly if he was against a few, because his fans wouldn't know who to gang together to evict instead of him, whereas both Corin and Keeley fans might vote to oust JJ. (Rachel fans would... wait, there aren't any Rachel fans ;).)

Yep, Sara: jump jump crunch! Gives me the shivers!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just went back to DS, there is a thread on it, and some are very mad about it!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I knew when I saw the news on the OS right now that the removing of Keeley's votes had to be done with some ulterior motive in mind, and yes, of course, now I see that it was to save JJ.

There have been other nomination talk punishments this year, but NONE of them were as serious as voiding nominations. In fact, I don't think they have EVER done it before. They have kept people from nominating but never voided them after the fact.

They didn't "randomly" save JJ, they blatantly and deliberately did it.

What were some of the other punishments? Dave had to apologise over the TV to the house. That really compares to completely voiding your nominations for the week. I don't recall the others offhand but none were very serious. Ben was far worse in his nominations talk and got a slap on the wrist.

Oh yea and nobody has mentioned how they used Keeley's injury as an excuse to cancel the "save and replace" and save JJ again as all 3 of the current nominees would have likely put up JJ.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Following Caoimhe's departure from the House and Keeley's rule break, it's all change for Nominations

I am furious at BB. Of course they saved JJ. I hope Keely wins the comp and puts JJ up. Right after noms, Ben, Dave and whomever was in the snug with them were talking noms. I think JJ was talking noms this week also. I'm behind on the feeds and just heard JJ saying he heard Keely slip (before his argument with her.) Is it possible he went to the DR and tattled on her? If so, I hope karma bites him in the but.

I'm so tired of Keeva's wanting to go that I'm glad she's finally going. She and JJ together just weren't a good thing for the house. I so wish Josie would just shine JJ on and see how he fares.

If BB is going to punish one housemate for talking noms, then they'd better make sure they have punished all of them and that didn't happen this week.

I'm sick of hearing JJ saying if the audience doesn't want him there he doesn't want to be there. Well, JJ...just like you told Corin, you didn't stay because they like you; they just disliked Nathan more.

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I wonder what Keeley said about nominations? I am reserving my judgment on how sever the punishment of losing her nominations was until we know what she did to lose them. It may have been a much more blatant rule break than the ones we have had already this season thus the harsher punishment. Though I do see how people could see this as bb saving JJ from the public vote.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Keeley told Steve she would never nominate him. That was what she was punished for, and the excuse used to save JJ.

Apparently shortly after Keeva verified that she was definitely leaving, Keeley was called in and punished for the rule break. The timing of it made it perfectly obvious that they were scrambling for a way to save JJ from nominations.

Then after the injury, they delayed for a while and from the 3 noms discussions it was obvious all 3 of them would have chosen JJ. Then they canceled the task and kept all 3 up.

From what I have read, Coirin actually won it and she would have picked JJ.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hopefully they'll show it tonight, Amy. It would have to have happened either late yesterday, after the noms (and therefore be shown in today's show) or early today (and therefore in tomorrow's). I just don't see how it's legitimate to cancel someone's nominations after they've voted and when you know what effect that's going to have on who goes up. Seems very underhand whether it was an intentional JJ save or not.

I'm sick of hearing JJ saying if the audience doesn't want him there he doesn't want to be there.
Cricket, my darling, you're another one who hasn't been listening to JJ's rants properly! It's BEN who's always talking about the audience! ;) ;) ;)

I don't know why we just keep misunderstanding JJ's rants like this, it's like some of us think his rants are contradictory, and I'm sure that could never be so with straight talking JJ.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
That Glee task should be interesting. I hope we get to hear both the actual singing and after its been through the recording studio and a very healthy dose of auto-tune and whatever else needed to make it sound like all of the over-produced, autotuned Glee music.

But who's this Andrew Stone guy?

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry that Caoimhe is gone, but I thought she probably should after she got sick to her stomach the other day, the stress was just to much for her. I don't know what she's done that is different than what everyone else has done, everyone has been gossiping, and everyone deals with the stress of the situation differently, she's just 22, she may be just learning coping skills. I hope her mom goes over to meet her, in any event, I'm sorry to see her go.

It seems there is a random idea by some HMs, that they should be a happy family unit, they are not a family, they are in a game show on tv, and families gossip and argue anyway. Dave has constantly said Caoimhe was negative, but if his definition of being negative is bad mouthing others, then he's at the top of the list, with Ben a close second. They are a couple of hypocrites.

I'm sorry Keeley is hurt, but I hope she doesn't return. I also don't know what rule break she made, so I don't want to spin on assumptions. I do know many have spoken about nominations, so they all should be punished, but whatever BB is doing, it's for tv entertainment, it's not to be fair to everyone. It would be great to have some massive twist now, visitors in fact, I'm still hoping they do that.

ETA: Thanks Kitt, I'm glad they are finally getting a visitor.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It seems like there was a reality show on Sky about Pineapple Dance Studios, and he was in it, and now I think he created and leads a band called Starman, which are popular or hated, depending on what you read. I don't really know him.

eta: the show has a wiki page, and it's a "docusoap" not a reality show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple_Dance_Studios_%28TV_series%29

Pineapple Dance Studios is a docusoap which currently airs on Sky1 following Pineapple Studios and its employees such as Louie Spence and Andrew Stone were first shown on 14 February 2010 on Sky1. With narration by ex-BBC newsreader Michael Buerk, it was a documentary that included impromptu dancing and the promotional tag-line: "Pineapple Dance Studios: Where careers are made, dreams are broken, bitching is an Olympic sport and everyone is fabulous!". It is sponsored by Just Dance.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The problem is Dave. Dave is the one who has kept them all mostly calm and friendly and kept the show boring. With nothing happening with a majority of the house, we end up with the Shabby show, then the Josie/JJ show.

Plus the age old BB problem, the public being stupid and voting off all of the interesting, drama prone housemates early. If Govan and Sunshine were still there, we wouldn't have the JJJ show.

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Another thing to take into consideration with Keeley's punishment for talking about nominations is that the punishments do seem to be escalating over time. If it is what Flagg said, telling Steve she will never nominate him, I think that is bigger violation than hypothesizing about who you think might have nominated you.

I do think that bb is not being strict enough about punishing every housemate for them talking about nominations. Though I do see them trying to stop the housemates by making the punishments worse.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket, my darling, you're another one who hasn't been listening to JJ's rants properly! It's BEN who's always talking about the audience! ;) ;) ;)

If you're serious about JJ never saying it, Kitt, I just caught up on the feeds from last night and this morning and JJ said it in the snug. I think Josie was there with him. Regarding listening to JJ's rants about Ben saying it, I ff through JJ's rants, lol. Been there, heard that. I did watch the Keely/JJ fight last night/early am, wherein JJ ran to Josie and told 'his' version. I so wanted her to win and put him up. I like Keely.

I just don't understand BB punishing one person and not the others. Dave talks about everyone putting Steve up so whomever they want to go will go. That's nom talk.

If Keely's noms hadn't been taken away she would not have been nommed and JJ would have been. That task seemed more geared to guys than gals. Maybe BB is getting payback for their blatant favortism.

Since Keely did attempt the task and the others refused to do it, does that mean she won?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Cricket, it was sarcasm at JJ (not that he's listening to me ;)), because he keeps berating people for things he does all the time. He had a right go at Ben the other day when Ben said something like "we'll let the public decide" about whether he was right or wrong, then once again JJ is using the same comments himself and sees nothing wrong with them. He did a similar thing the other day that MamaB mentioned - he went around moping after spending the previous night criticising Caoimhe for being miserable all the time.

The Save & Replace task - they all tried it (Corin, Rachel, Keeley) but were all on the tunnel thing at the same time, and it looked like it got too crowded and Keeley landed roughly on her ankle (they showed a quick shot of it on BBLB, so that's all I know). Rachel and Corin kept going for a little while then stopped when it was obvious Keeley was badly hurt. It sounds like the winner would be the first to jump over the top(??) so it would have been pretty much impossible to tell who was winning when Keeley fell.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing both Caoimhe, then Keeley, lost their nominations, or participation in, bc they both spoke more directly about nominating, rather than the vagueness HMs have been speaking. Caoimhe directly told the other HMs to nominate her, then Keeley directly told Steve she would not nominate him. BB may be giving some leeway this season, but they have to have cut-offs too, so maybe what those two did is within the BB cut-off range, while the other's are teetering on the edge.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Maybe, Stormie. I hope they clarify. I don't see much of the live feeds so I don't know how blatant the others are.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
bbspy

BREAKING NEWS: A surprise Davina-hosted #bb11 live show is to air tomorrow, according to ApplauseStore! http://j.mp/bjqWWf

That's a tweet that was retweeted (sent out) by Davina, so it's almost certainly true (otherwise why would she retweet it?). Link goes to bbspy.co.uk.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Maybe to talk to Caoimhe? I don't see any other reason (unless Keeley ends up leaving too because of the injury)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was on BB

Steve: I guess I know who nominated me today
Keeley: I wouldn't nominate you

I think Ben and Dave have said things very similar to that before, reassuring each other that they wouldn't nominate each other ... not sure if it was part of why they were punished earlier on though.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Wouldn't it be for Andrew Stone? He's going to spend one night, help them rehearse, then the task in on Thursday right? I'm guessing it's for him.