TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 17, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 17, 2010 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Ben really is alone in there. Dave is supposed to be his friend but he has been agreeing with JJ that JJ jokes and Ben takes it seriously. JJ doesn't joke with anyone, he's just mean. Ben is really bad at arguing his point. When JJ has a go at him for not doing any chores, Ben should ask JJ what chores he does. JJ is lazier than Ben by far. Ben doesn't care about the tasks and that bothers JJ but everyone is trying to convince Ben that JJ is just joking with him. Of course JJ is not about to back off just because it bothers Ben.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if JJ is hyper because of the eviction and that's what's set him off again. That's so sad for Ben, I thought he'd enjoy the experience, at least for a while. I wish someone would protect him.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea it's just resulted in another hour plus repetitious argument between JJ and Ben. JJ really has some serious issues and I'm really surprised everyone in there seems to stick up for him.

I guess the JJ target this week is Ben

Muse

08-09-2001

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Flagg and Kitt, Mario seemed very amused when they first announced the Ben task. However, he was also clearly rattled by Ife leaving. He went off by himself to have a bit of a cry (trying to go into the wardrobe, then the hammock, then bed). He just wasn't feeling like doing a task since he had lost his best friend in the house, but he was still doing it and just told Corin he needed a little time.

Meanwhile, Ben assumed that Ife had given him a treat, and that Mario was sulking about that. Completely arrogant of him. He also said that JJ and Mario went into the DR to complain, when really they went to clarify the task rules.

Anyway...Ben seems really upset about the argument with JJ. The opinion of others REALLY affects him, I think. More than it probably should. He is even talking about leaving. I'm guessing the sleep deprivation has something to do with this, too. Hope he calms down. I think the show needs both Ben AND JJ in it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah right, thanks for the info, Muse. I thought it was a usual Mario tantrum.

I wish Ben would just learn how to walk away from JJ. It seems like he only knows how to try to discuss his way out of an argument, and with some people, or about some things, you just can't do that. He seems to have little experience of people who don't converse the way he does and just doesn't know how to get out of the situation.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
JJ argues from emotion and Ben argues from logic. There is no way the two can ever come to terms because they are coming from different places. I see Ben using little debater's tricks that usually will shut down an opponent. Since JJ is coming from an emotional place, they have no affect on him at all. Then Ben is frustrated because he has no other tools in his arsenal.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ok, it's 4 am and Keeva and Corin are up. According to Keeva, they are "celebrating" Corin staying. Would it be mean for me to imply that Keeva is hanging with Corin now because she thinks she might be pretty popular?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well maybe Keeva is finally figuring out that every single one of her close friends in the house has been systematically removed whenever they were up.

I don't recall, has Keeva actually survived a nomination or has she always saved herself?

Muse

08-09-2001

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Caoimhe survived when she was up against Sunshine and Shabby (and Sunshine left).

I think she is working overtime to ensure that she is not nominated this week. At this point, it might just work. She is suddenly spending a lot more time with the new girls (despite ignoring them for most of the week), and I think Ben and Dave will focus elsewhere for now. I still think that Corin and possibly Mario will nominate her, but that might be it.

Who do you think will be up? I'm going to go with John James almost definitely. Not sure about the other one(s) -- perhaps any combination of Dave, Steve, and/or Keeley? Ben or Caoimhe would possibly go up with the Save and Replace.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They'll have the newbies nominating now. I haven't seen enough live feeds to know what bonds they've formed, but I think Keeley could be nominated by Caoimhe, Dave, Josie, Steve, and maybe Rachel, which would almost definitely put her on the block. I think Corin and Caoimhe, and depending on who people blame for today's fight JJ or Ben or both, and even Steve because of his snoring, could all get three noms too. I think it's a wide open field, and I hope BB take this opportunity to get two out.

I think it could be:

Keeley: nommed by Caoimhe, Dave, Josie, Rachel(??), Steve
Corin: nommed by Caoimhe, Dave, JJ
Caoimhe: nommed by Corin, JJ, Mario
JJ: nommed by Ben??, Corin, JJ??, Rachel??, Steve??
Ben: nommed by JJ, Mario??, Steve
Steve: nommed by Ben, Keeley, Rachel??

I think everyone else is safe (unfortunately including Dave) - until Save & Replace time of course.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I want JJ out of the house. Yesterday would be too late. I've been traveling and finally got a chance to get the computer and watch some feeds late last night just in time to listen to JJ going off yet again. Why is it that HM's must explain to him why they do things, but when he is asked why he does things, he says it's of no concern to them.

Come on, BB...hold a mirror in front of this guys face. Make him listen to his own rants for 6 hours straight. He is the most annoying person in the house. I guess everyone dressing like Ben is a punishment for Ben, but enough is enough.

I had to shut the computer off because my blood was boiling and I sorely needed some sleep, so needed to calm down. I just don't see how the other HM's (esp. Dave..Ben's so-called friend) can sit there and let JJ go on. Don't they realize in his mind if they don't tell him to shut up he thinks he's doing what BB wants?

JJ said "F" the public; well, JJ be careful, the public might just turn that around on you. I so wanted Ben to get agressive right back at JJ and tell him he was on to his bashing of HG's to get them booted so he could win the game. The peeps in the house have to be blind not to see this is what JJ is doing. He is lying through his teeth when he says he doesn't want to win.

I'm still trying to figure out why JJ went off when Ben said if the public didn't like how he is in the house, let them decided by voting him out. What was wrong with that statement?

Ben also should have brought up JJ crying and running to the DR all the time when he can't handle the messes he gets into in the house. I hope someone takes this guy on soon. He needs a comeuppance.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
What bothered me most about Dave during that argument was that Dave seemed to side with JJ. He kept explaining to Ben what JJ really meant. Why didn't he explain to JJ what Ben really meant? I had to turn it off also. I really wanted to fly over there, sneak into the house and slap JJ's face.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It sounds like Ben might have had a better day today. It does say John James went to the diary room, so maybe BB had a word with him. Probably not though.

09:40 The housemates have just been woken up by the song 'Ben' by Michael Jackson. What a tune!
09:55 The Tree of Temptation just spoke to Andrew and Keeley.
10:45 John James and Ben have been attempting to clear the air after last night's argument.
10:59 John James is in the Diary Room.
12:02 Corin is joking with Steve in the Bedroom about Ben and how he still hasn't got a clue about the Attack of the Clones task.
12:38 Ben just read out the Ben Commandments to the housemates, this is his list of rules that all HMs must abide by today.
15:21 Josie is getting the tasty looking lunch out of the oven.
15:56 The housemates have now been allowed into the Garden to receive their foot spas.
16:13 Ben is having a cracking time in his foot spa.
16:48 Josie is trying to squeeze a 'massive spot' on Ben's forehead
18:24 Housemates are tucking into dessert after a lovely looking Roast

Muse

08-09-2001

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Well, I think nominations will almost definitely be John James and Caoimhe this week. Josie is furious at Caoimhe for apparently jumping on JJ last night "with her boobs hanging out", and Ben and Dave have gone around to virtually every HM talking about how Caoimhe ruined everyone's fun last night by being too rowdy. It's really clear that the three of them (Josie, Ben, and ESPECIALLY Dave) are working to make sure everyone nominates Caoimhe.

I don't even like Caoimhe, but I actually feel a bit sorry for her. Josie is trying to pin it on Caoimhe being "negative", but it's obvious that it's far more of a jealousy issue. And with Dave (and Ben), it's all strategy under the guise of Dave pretending to be so moral. Blech.

Oh, and Steve has continued to be creepy. He and Josie had a chat in which they both admitted they were jealous last night. Josie was jealous of Caoimhe/JJ, and Steve was jealous that Ben slept in Keeley's bed. Steve's wife must be mortified by his behavior.

The bright side to me is that if JJ/Caoimhe are the only nominees, Caoimhe may very well win the Save and Replace again. I think Dave thinks she will select Mario as the replacement, but I bet she will pick him (Dave) or maybe Keeley. And against JJ, Dave or Keeley would DEFINITELY go.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
JJ is a nightmare! I might have to turn the highlights show off if they don't show someone else!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Josie deserved that chocolate!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't feel bad for Ben at all, he goes around badmouthing someone, then in the next moment is their new best friend. And he always tries to bring someone else into an argument, to verify what he's saying of course, as the person he's arguing with is completely stupid. I like Ben less and less every day, his constant griping about everyone is irritating. And he still is not a team player.

I wonder if Steve just made that Keeley comment to Josie, to make her think he understands what she was feeling, just to keep her as a friend, well, maybe not friend, but not nominated. I think lots of HMs do this, try to console someone by having a similar issue, but I'm not convinced they actually have that issue. Honestly, I think Steve can't stand Keeley, I don't know, I do know he would not betray his wife and family, but Keeley sure has tried to make it look like he will, to me anyway.

I think Keeley and Rachel will be up, as annoyed as the HMs get with one another, I think the newbies will be on the hotlist, and hopefully Dave too, though I won't hold my breath.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
The task is looking like a good day for Ben, rather than something he needs to do to earn his suitcase, although maybe it was designed to annoy the other HMs, not sure. Does anyone know if Ben will have to do something, or something will happen later on?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
It went thru all of today and at the end they had sort of a talk show or "Audience with Ben" where he bored them on several topics for an hour.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I know Ben's not really a team player, but what good did it do anyone in the house for JJ to berate him for it for hours - literally hours? All it was was JJ spoiling for a fight and picking on Ben because he knows Ben just doesn't know how to argue back. It doesn't matter that JJ's point is valid, he just makes himself look like a psycho.

Several of the others got their suitcases back through no work of their own, so I don't see why Ben has to do yet another task - surely he's had to do more than anyone else already?? - to get his. The guy deserves a break.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Looks like the food task this week will be based on Glee! Might be fun.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Flagg, I'm guessing it didn't phase him a bit. I wonder if he thought the whole thing was a good day from Ife, even though she seemed closer to Mario. I read that Ben thought Mario was upset about him getting something, but didn't consider Mario was actually upset that Ife was gone.

I don't think JJ does himself any favors by arguing, but Ben does it right back to him, only with Ben, he makes himself look like a victim, rather than a participant, when, in my view, he's a participant. I think Ben bringing up the public to JJ, feeds on JJ's insecurities, which Ben knows about; I think it was deliberate to try to get JJ to react, which might get HMs to nominate JJ, taking the attention off of himself. Ben is no victim, which doesn't mean I'm siding with JJ, but I think, for the most part, Ben knows exactly what he's doing.

I love Glee, that should be a good task; I wonder who'll sing, or try to, lol.

And a side thought, when some of the HMs were at the table joking around, I didn't find what Andrew said to Caoimhe about "dividing" the least bit funny. He's going to come across really badly if he keeps saying things like this, regardless of who is joking around, the words came out of his mouth.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What was Andrew's "divided" joke? I missed it.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I saw it on the feeds, so maybe they only showed it there. I don't remember which night, but some of the HMs were joking and messing around, and of course trying to make Andrew turn red, but someone said something about division, then Caoimhe said, what would you divide, to which Andrew replied, 'I'd divide your legs,' Caoimhe laughed, but I didn't think it was funny. This is the kind of comment that sticks with someone, just bc he's very young doesn't excuse the words that he uses; how he speaks to women inside the house, is going to impact him outside of the house. He seems more of a follower and likely was trying to join in the group, but he is fully responsible for what he says, regardless.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah right. Let's hope he keeps those sort of jokes to a minimum.