TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 15, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 15, 2010 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
You'd think by now they'd know that the replacement can go too. Rachel and Nathan were replacements. I think she just wants to get rid of the competition. She's in it to win it. Steve is not looking good. I wish she had put him up since they seem to think he can't go. Mario had a point. Why didn't she put someone up who hadn't been up before?

I am looking forward to seeing this task. The men were in the former mole hole. I want to see the women transform. That should be lots of fun. The tasks were good too. Keeley in the kiddie car, using it as a bumper car in the kitchen was very funny.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It would have been a perfect chance to put Steve up. Sure you might get his wrath, but that would only make him more likely to be evicted.

I'm surprised we've now only got one day before the eviction show, and BB haven't focused on any of the nominees yet... maybe they don't care who goes. I saw a bit of live feed earlier and Corin was chopping something out of an ice block, and varied between amusing and mini-tantrums, so it will be interesting to see what BB focus on. They might also show more of Mario being upset at being up.

Anyone know if Ife has done much today? They didn't show her rants from yesterday. The online odds still have Mario as the outsider, but Corin is closing in on Ife (Ife 1/3, Corin 3/1).

Also, I need help seeing BBLB! The usual guy hasn't shown it for a couple of days and I can't find it anywhere else until later in the day. If anyone's got a working BBLB stream could they pm me? Ta :-).

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you've got mail.

I was reading the DS updates and apparently Rachel started some head trips with Josie, she thought Josie and JJ should get together, with Ife and Caoimhe joining in. I think Rachel and Caoimhe were going to speak to JJ to find out if he "liked" Josie, she said no, but they were going to do it anyway. It was very much like 5th grade. In any event, Josie started to get embarrassed and wouldn't speak to JJ, so he got in his head that she and Caoimhe had a ToT task--he would not relent, which was kind of funny.

A few conversations happened, then later, after it was blow completely out of proportion, Rachel apologized to JJ, not sure about Josie, that she had started all this. I guess JJ and Josie are back again talking, but how stupid for the others to try to put a wedge between their friendship. So ridiculous. I haven't seen it yet, mind you, just read what was going on. The whole thing reminded me of when Ife got involved in Shabby's feelings towards Caoimhe and Shabby felt embarrassed, now Rachel.

Anyway, I think they're okay now, it's strange how much others can affect them both, they need to work on that.

ETA: By the way, is being a traveller like being a nomad?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Stormie :-).

Sounds exactly like what Ife did to Shabby... that's the first thing that really put me off Ife. I wonder if she put the idea into Rachel's head.

I think the travellers traditionally wandered, but now I think they've settled somewhat. I think nomads were more like people who wandered in the desert, but, like on many things, I might be wrong about that ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Btw, that DS live updates thing is great, thanks for the link to it.

Muse

08-09-2001

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Mamabatsy, I'm glad you agree about Caoimhe not being a particularly nice person. I was starting to feel like the only one who wasn't a fan.

***Minor SPOILERS below!***

The broadcasting of the Mario conversation into the house was apparently a technical mistake. They are supposed to use Davina McCaw (remember the bird?) on Friday, though...apparently it may be used for fun purposes, not just airing someone bitching about someone else.

Also, they are going to use BB Australia's "Ignore the Obvious" task in two weeks! That's a long task in which really weird things happen or appear in the house, and the HMs have to ignore it. :-) Here's examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyaBsc8oc5g

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
I am confused by Caoimhe's increasing popularity

she is making herself an integral part of the JJ -Josie storyline.

I watched for like ten hrs straight today. The girls all threw in their two cents AT josie. Everyone especially Keeva was laying it on thick that They ALL SAW the way JJ looks at Josie. Josie was NOT having any of it.

Later she Begged Caiomhe not to say anything to JJ until she had a little talk with him to see what HE thought.

Instead, Keeva went boldy up to JJ while Josie was in DR and told him EVERYTHING. When JJ reacted poorly she deflected, backpedaled and blamed the other girls especially Rachel.

when I turned off feeds JJ and Keeva were talking like Best Friends in the kitchen. Keeva and JJ were equally gossiping and complaining about the other HMs.

i turned them on an hour later and josie was up all alone cleaning kitchen.

josie was Very Very clear with keeva. She was very upset that She was looking a fool on TV. She said she thought JJ looked good in his Football kit but isnt her type.

Anyways, i think Keeva is playing a brilliant game. At this stage I think JJ COULD start picking at Josie and replace her with Keeva. After all, he sleeps between them sometimes.

keeva really IS the arche villan

OH and Final thought, where ws the UberCougar?? this was a ridiculous task. Pam Anderson or Janice dickinson was supposed to go in. INstead the guys are coming out.

Task Failed LOL

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 1:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
You're welcome

When Rachel spoke to JJ in the kitchen, she apologized saying she's the one that started it all, bc she had seen JJ and Josie on tv, and thought they should be together, and so on. So, it did start from her, then the rest took it where it went. And I can't see JJ moving away from Josie, I think he really likes her, as a friend, not anything else, but I doubt he'd replace her, I don't see him as that type of person; he was genuinely upset when she wouldn't speak to him, so I don't see any conversation with Caoimhe impactful. And I just thought Josie needed a moment to herself, but maybe it was also her turn to clean.

I have nothing to confirm this yet, but I read that there will be a double eviction on July 30th. Has anyone heard anything?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I also watched for a long time last night and it was very embarrassing the way Keeva kept trying to push JJ into admiting that he "likes" Josie. It WAS very much like 5th grade, Stormie. Then everyone felt so bad about it... I think JJ liked all the attention, though his concern that Josie was really upset was genuine. It's about the only thing genuine about JJ.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I agree about the task being lame Sun. I saw Rachel go in for her super hero task which involved maybe three minutes of lying on a block in front of a green screen pretending she was flying... I didn't see any of the guys released though. Don't know what happened, but there really was no point to what Rachel was doing that I could tell.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Muse - don't worry - I have never been a Keeva fan and never will be one. I think she is just a miserable person who can't stand it when other people are happy or even just good-natured.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I read something about a double eviction too, but it's a regular, single one. They have to announce if it's a double when they open voting, and they haven't done that.

I'm not in on the Caoimhe love either. It doesn't seem that people just aren't bothered so much by her, it seems that they suddenly actively like her. No idea how that happened.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Apparently the parrot is going to start talking from tomorrow. I wonder how they're going to use it. Ch4 are offering free 24hr live feed passes for the event, so it sounds like it will be talking a lot.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Parrot on Thurs or Fri? Looks like they're still on the superhero task right now.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it's Friday their time (starting 4pm tonight for us) as the news article says "tomorrow."

... Well, we think you should, because tomorrow is a big day in the Big Brother House. Someone who has been living with the housemates since Day 1 is going to start chirping up for the first time... you won’t want to miss it!

For more information make sure you tune in to Big Brother's Little Brother tonight at 6pm on E4.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters (you all realise once I start doing something I can't stop, even though it becomes increasingly less useful ;):

06:09 Dave and Andrew are struggling to cope with Steve's snoring
08:50 Rachel was just woken up with a start and she made a mad dash to do her task.
11:20 Josie and John James have attempted clear the air talks after last night's awkwardness
12:03 John James has dressed up as a school boy
12:45 Keeley and John James have been talking at length in the Living Room
12:59 Ben and Rachel are sharing a lovely embrace in the Bedroom.
13:26 Ben, Mario and John James are dressed up in wigs and glasses.
14:33 Dave and Andrew are chatting about religion in Uber Cougar's Lair
15:21 Having only just completed her challenge, Rachel was immediately called back to the task room again!

It's mostly just cougar stuff. They better make a good show out of this!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I appreciate the twitter updates Kitt. I listen to the feeds while I'm at work so sometimes I'm not sure what something means and if I can't go look it up, the twitters tend to fill in the blanks for me.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Details on tomorrow's Davina McCaw task have been confirmed by Channel 4

The fake parrot, which has been resting on a perch in the Big Brother house since the first day, will finally talk to the housemates tomorrow.

In a message from the Channel 4 press office, the character Davina McCaw said: "Later tonight, the mystical Bob Righter is going to come alive once more and deliver the housemates a cryptic message that, providing they're not a bunch of bird brains, will tell them I'm about to start chirping at them.

"Then tomorrow morning I'm going to start parroting some classic lines they've uttered since they entered the house. But whose line is it anyway?! The housemates will have to listen carefully to my repetitions and come to a unanimous agreement about who delivered those words.

"Once agreed, the housemate deemed the speaker of each phrase will pop a coin into Bob Righter. If they are correct they'll win a prize."

In a final warning, it added: "But what will I say? And what secrets might I reveal? They'll start to wish they'd watched their mouths a bit more around me. After all, parrots pick up words pretty quickly you know."

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Trouble making, yey!! They'll have to be negative things or the person who said it will happily just claim their prize without any discussion.

I really hope it squawks a few of the two-faced things Dave has said. And JJ!

Christiii

07-07-2005

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
oh this outta be goood!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Bob Righter has delivered the message that Davina McCaw will talk to them - but it starts when they get up in the morning. Seems like Dave and Corin are left up - everyone else in the bed.
Dave carrying on about his fake charities now. I can't stand him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is mean but it made me laugh out loud.

Very short youtube, no sound needed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU7PxDEYbAA

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just watching today's show.

Dave: What are you, a size 18?

Seriously Dave!?!?!? I mean she probably is a (UK) size 18 but to comment on it and compare her to his wife?!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Is a UK size 18 different from a US one?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, UK sizes are about two sizes smaller than US ones. UK size 18 = US size 14.