TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 13, 2010 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
What has John James done to be handed that seriously huge "prize" that the Tree just gave him? Did he blackmail the producers to get the video conference with his whole freaking family, or did the psychologist prescribe it to keep him from going over the edge?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It did seem extremely generous, it was only an engagement party after all, it wasn't like his gran's 80th or even a wedding.

The thing that stuck out to me was that he seemed shocked that his mum had seen as much of the show as she had, and then a bit ashamed, although she did say she was still proud of him. I wonder if BB thought he would behave better if he realised his mum was watching? (Not that I'm convinced BB want him to behave better, because of ratings.)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nomination day today!

09:35 All the housemates are all now wide wake! But are they ready for nominations?
10:08 Rachel, Keeley and Andrew have been given chefs uniforms and must cook for the remaining housemates all day!
10:25 Rachel is attempting to make a roquefort and Bombay mix omelette.... mmmmmmm?
12:09 Mario is stroking JJ's back in the Bedroom
Big Brother has told housemates that Andrew, Keeley and Rachel can not be nominated this week... nominations due to start very soon!
13:04 Nominations have started in the Big Brother House! Keeley is in the Diary Room giving her first nominations
15:32 Rachel is looking at Steve's many tattoos
15:53 Keeley has started to cook her meal for the housemates, using marrow, wrap, anchovies and curry paste.

So the newbies do nominate, but can't be nominated.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
And Keeley is preparing lunch with these 5 ingredients: Marrow, Anchovies, Rice, Hot Curry paste, Tortilla Wraps.

I had to look up the marrow (because I only know of one item called marrow and didn't want to think about it being in their lunch) and for anyone else who doesn't know, it is similar to a large zucchini. So the lunch could turn out well.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It leaves liver for dinner (if there was a vomiting smiley on the icons list, I'd be putting it right here!), with a pudding of dragon fruit, pastry, custard and squirty cream. And custard is British custard, which is creamy/runny and tasty. I suspect a lot of them will skip "dinner" and go straight to dessert.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
According to DS, the twitter that stated Keely was in the DR nomming is incorrect, as the newbies can't vote this week. Ben went in after Keely, so I think the twitter was wrong. If the newbies were allowed to vote, wouldn't Andrew have gone in before Ben?

I mentioned it the other day, but I'll say it again, JJ seems to be smitten by Keely; however I don't know what the article above is about. Seems like he had to get Josie back on his side before he found a new friend, eh?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I noticed as well how JJ reacted to his mother watching the show. Maybe the producers think he might not be so quick to say he'll walk if he knew his mother was watching and is "proud" of him.

They must be desperate as they are seriously going out of their way to keep him in there.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, maybe that's it, it's not that they want him to act differently, they just don't want him to leave - particularly now, I suspect, as they saw how many voted for him to stay last week.

NOMINEES: Caoimhe, Ife and Corin!

Lovin' it!

There will be the usual Save & Replace tomorrow. I think Corin would replace herself with JJ, Caoimhe with Dave, but I'm not sure what Ife would do.

And Cricket's right, the new housemates couldn't nominate after all.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
general attitude towards Josie seems to be shifting a bit with the latest Josie-JJ arguments. She seems to be losing a lot of former fans and the obviously biased editing to make her look good on the HL shows isn't helping.

Another tidbit I learned in a DS thread, apparently Josie is a "Traveller", or at least, her parents are. I always knew there had to be something behind her being raised buy an Aunt and still living on her property. It does somewhat explain some of her habits .

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
What is a "Traveller?" Is it Rom/Gypsy behavior or belonging?

By letting JJ get away with arguing at her (not with her) once again, she has left herself open for him to nag at her whenever he wants. She had told him he only gets the one chance and then they are done. Since she backed off, he has nothing to stop him from using her as his whipping boy whenever the stress gets to him. I think his sensitive/insecure bit is a garbage act that he made up because he knows the public loves pretty boys but hates pretty boys who are arrogant.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Travellers are kind of gypsies, but with less stigma attached to them (gypsies are often thought of as dishonest and scroungers). I thought Josie lived in family property though, which kind of goes against the traditional traveller way.

JJ will do what he does again and again. You articulate it better than I can, MamaB, but it's like a boy and his mother - she gives in so he knows he can do it again.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Schedule for the next couple of weeks:

Mon 12 July
5.10-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2.30-3.40pm Highlights
4.05-10pm Live Feed

Tue 13 July
5.15-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.15pm Highlights
4.25-10pm Live Feed

Wed 14 July
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4.40-10pm Live Feed

Thu 15 July
5.20-6.35am Live feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4.25-10pm Live Feed

Fri 16 July
5.20-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
1-2pm and 2.35-3.05pm Eviction Show
3.05-4.10pm BBBM
4.10-10pm Live Feed

Sat 17 July
5.05-6.20am Live Feed
1-2pm Highlights
5.05-10pm Live Feed

Sun 18 July
3.50-4.50am BBLB
6.25-7.10pm Live Feed
1-2pm Highlights
4.50-10pm Live Feed

Mon 19 July
5.10-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
1.30-2.40pm Highlights
5.05-10pm Live Feed

Tue 20 July
5.25-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4-10pm Live Feed

Wed 21 July
5.15-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.15pm Highlights
4.10-10pm Live Feed

Thu 22 July
5.20-6.35am Live feed
10-10.25am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
4.10-10pm Live Feed

Fri 23 July
5.10-6.35am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
1-2pm and 2.30-3.25pm Eviction Show
3.05-4.10pm BBBM
4.10-10pm Live Feed

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Josie comes up with eight sweet things about JJ, and he says two things which sound like veiled insults (takes things lightly, forgot the other one) and that she does his washing. Nice, JJ.

Josie's a fool if she thinks this isn't going to happen again. She needs to walk a fine line of not getting too involved, and not rejecting him too much, and hope he'll find someone else to get obsessed with.

JJ, Josie is not responsible for your happiness!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
That's what has been floating around in my mind that I hadn't been able to put my finger on, he's made her responsible for his happiness. Thank you Kitt.

And once again, thanks for the schedule. The trick now is for me to remember to look at it. I rushed home today to see the show at 2. Got home at 1:57, and sat down to watch... whoops.. it was on at 2:30. Next time I'll remember to look at the schedule... I hope.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you really think Keeva would put Dave up this week. She said yesterday she was over her fight with him and I'm thinking she likes her new group, which Dave is a part of, so she might not rock the boat. I bet he still voted for her this week, though, sneaky dude that he is. He was making the rounds before noms again today. Yuk. I want Dave up and out sooo bad; however, not sure he could stay over Ife.

Ife seems to be a competitor, so it will be interesting to see who she noms if she wins. Might she go for Josie?

Mamabatsy, I agree with everything you said about JJ/Josie. Not sure if she would have backed down this time if not for BB's blatant interference. Shame on them...their last year and they become like US BB? Not the way to go out.

Thanks so much for the schedule, Kitt. It's esp. helpful this week, as I'll be traveling after Wednesday, but will hopefully be able to catch some highlight shows.

Tissy

07-28-2003

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tissy a private message Print Post    
NOMINEES: Caoimhe, Ife and Corin!

Well I`m glad Josie`s plan didn`t work this weekend and JJ isn`t up <although he maybe if Corin wins S & R!!>

She has lit the fuse on so many arguements and then sits back sucking her thumb watching the fallout :-(

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're very welcome, as always, for the schedule.

I haven't watched any feeds, so I didn't know Caoimhe was now pally with Dave. We hardly saw anyone but JJ and Josie today which didn't help!

I would hate to see Josie up as a replacement because people seem to have blamed her what was shown today. It's clear JJ wants her in the house, so he wouldn't appreciate them evicting her, but I'm not sure they're all bright enough to see that ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooops, wasn't referring to you, Tissy (your post wasn't there when I started writing), but there seem to be some people for whom JJ can do no wrong!

Just looking at some articles on DS about Steve and Keeley. I thought maybe she was just trying to butter up the person she sees as in command, but now with all the touching I wonder if she's trying to make Steve unpopular with the viewers, given that he's a married man. She might be playing for the end game, rather than just for control right now. I both like her and don't like her at the same time!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
It is weird, isn't it Kitt that Steve has come alive and mostly hangs with these two young girls? Maybe he's doing it while he can, as I noticed yesterday while the others are all in groups, he's by himself a lot. There was also a rumor going around about Steve's wife being Nigerian and Rachel is Nigerian, so she is his daughter, I dont' believe that one, unless it's his ex, because I thought I saw a pic of his wife on BBLB one day when she was on the phone and I don't think she was Nigerian. To be honest though..it was a bad pic and I couldn't tell what nationality she might be..caucasian, but darker complected maybe? He's only been married to her for 14 years, but they could have had a child before marriage I suppose. I thought maybe Rachel and Keely were friends, so Steve knew and felt comfortable with them, but I'm just not sure now. If Keely is playing the game..good for her. I hope JJ has met his match in her, as he is already going after her for telling him to just buck up and nom already.

My, my....how things change in a week. Whereas everyone wanted Keeva out of the house right after Shabby, this week they are hoping she doesn't go. Had to laugh at this post @ DS as to what they hope the comp is tomorrow:

Quote:
I'm hoping for an Irish politics quiz.

Or a simple spelling test?

Lol..so hope she wins it and gets off the block. They are saying Ife got 5 votes and Keeva/Corin 3 each? If that Dave voted for Keeva again this week he is responsible for her being up. There is a poll @ DS as to whom they want to go and Ife has the most votes, followed by Corin and then Keeva. I sure hope how that's how the public votes if Keeva stays on the block.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the updates everyone

I hope Caoimhe wins the replace challenge and put's Dave up. I'm not sure he'd go over Ife at this point, people don't seem to like her for some reason, but I am still tired of him.

I didn't notice until I was trying to catch up today, that Ife's shaved her head, she looks cute, though. I guess she got bored.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Stormie - Ife shaved her head because BB wouldn't provide the clippers and rather than let it get longer, she shaved it clean!

I am also still tired of Dave - he was making a huge deal on the feeds yesterday because one of the newbies (can't remember which one) gave him the impression that his views about gays were not well received in the outside world.

I like the scenario that Dave is the replacement in save and replacement so there's still hope he could go on Friday. I'd be ok with Ife or Keeva going also - they don't add much to the show for me. I still like Corin. She is entertaining and trying to keep up with what she is saying is a challenge for me!

I have tons to say about JJ and Josie - but the main thing that hit me watching the HL show is how young they both are. I saw them both as 9 year old kids who like each other, but don't really understand the concept of "like-liking" each other yet... LOL... if that makes sense...

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Save and replace task is some sort of paint ball duel. Could be anyone's to win, I would imagine.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Keeva wins save and replace. And the drama begins... Keeva puts up Mario (because she thinks he won't go) and Keeva is crying and Mario knew she was going to put him up - Dave knows just how she feels and I believe I felt a bit of jealousy from Ife that if Keeva doesn't think Mario will go --- well, does she think Ife will go?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the update. I think with Mario and Corin in the mix, Ife will go. I was afraid we'd have another Sunshine situation where the vote would be split between Caoihme and Ife causing the least disliked one to go. I like Corin. While not universally loved, I don't think Mario or Corin will leave opposite Ife.