TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 08, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 08, 2010 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
So JJ has upped his game. Turned on feeds to see Josie doing her task. Upon entering house, JJ plants a Smooch on her... ON her LIPS!! yes it was kinda a peck but you know the Girlies watching are going to Swwwwwooooooooon!

JJ is playing so hard. He called josie mean names and insulted her face yet now suddenly (while on the block) he decides to start smooching.

anyways, I'm unhappy. The place I watched all the archives has disappeared. Now i'm going to miss Soooo much. OH well, i can still read the Live feed updates.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The "group" decision to give Steve automatically 30% of the prize was completely wrong, as well as being totally against the rules.

Ben had a point, and its too bad that its going to be used against him.

That whole incident smacked of outright manipulation by producers. So Steve doesn't outright "own" one of his prosthetics. So what? What possible difference could that make? It's not like a bicycle that you just buy and then have the full use of with no further expenses. It's a prosthetic leg. Maybe he's better off leasing it.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I thought the whole prosthetic purchase from the prize money was a bit odd, too. Part of my job is processing prosthetics and I have never heard of leasing or renting a prosthetic. Each one is highly customized for the individual, especially a computerized one. These cannot be refurbished or resold so once you have one, it is definitely yours forever. Whoever "lent" Steve's prosthetic to him knows that they will not be getting paid for it. They would not have even fabricated it without authorization of payment if there had been any way to pay for it.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
here's some info on the robot- actually, it's pretty interesting how they work it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_the_Robot

(and looks like they're 0 for 2, Corin and Josie both failed)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The leg he doesn't own is a prototype developed by the army, I'm not even sure he'd want to swap it for a regular one he'd buy, and even though he hasn't paid for it, it is "his," because they're not going to take it away from him, only develop it further.

I thought forcing the leg payment was very wrong. Like Ben said, everyone has loved ones of their own, some of which are likely to be more needy than Steve, and it's not like at the end of this Steve isn't going to have his own ways to get some income even if he doesn't win. Steve even said if he won the money he wouldn't buy his leg.

I thought the whole thing was typical Dave and Shabby trying to look heroic.

That's quite a robot! I hadn't seen pictures of it and assumed it was just one of those little things!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Here are a couple of pics of the robot(s)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i70/threecheeses/rob/rob.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i70/threecheeses/rob/rob2.jpg

Did they send people dressed as robots in to clean the house? The silver robot is holding a mop and just awhile ago I saw all the chairs on top the island and the floors looked clean.

Interesting article on the robot, Wilson. Should be interesting to watch them try to move him about the house.

Mario was trying to pick up the robot....guess he thinks he has money, eh?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Overday twitters:

09:54 Titan is back!
11:05 John, Josie and caoimhe are discussing Titan and the songs that he sung to the housemates
11:53 Housemates are now starting to settle after their earlier suprise of the Big Bro Bot takeover
12:55 Josie has lost her first challenge against the robot and now has to be a robot!
14:23 Corin is now a robot! She looks great in her suit
15:24 Housemates must take on Titan in smoothie making mission, Caoimhe is going to do it...
17:01 John James says he has zero tolerance in arguments
17:09 Big Bro Bot has set Ben the task of a hairdressing challenge with Titan
Big Bro Bot says one housemate must have all their hair cut off. The housemates are deciding who...

Steve would be the obvious choice for the haircutting...

According to the other twitter Ben and Mario have been bitching about each other all day, and it's very tense between them.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just read they were told it couldn't be Steve!

Ben's doing the cutting. It's going to be Nathan... no, it's going to be Dave!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ben has cut Dave's hair and well, it could be worse... they won the task though. Dave kept telling Titan that he's a good boooy... in that rather pervy way Dave has.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Now Dave is just wearing a hat!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They showed a clip of the robot hoovering the floor next to Josie, and I think if I were Josie I wouldn't turn my back on it! That looks like one fierce robot, even in an apron. Maybe I've watched too much scifi ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So it sounds like JJ had only one person he'd have liked to have replaced him - Corin - and he felt if he did that then Caoimhe would definitely be evicted (true) so he'd rather stay on the block.

Not sure why he couldn't have chosen a different person to go up, but it makes a little more sense out of his decision.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Dave (talking to JJ I think) says he's loves meeting people who think they are better than they actually are.....umm..Dave...take a look in the mirror, eh?

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
If he won, I didn't think Ben had to give prize money to Steve, but the idea that his focus was not on Steve reminded me that he is not a team player, he hasn't been and likely won't be. Steve didn't ask for anything, he told them all no, but it is more a decent thing to do, rather than scoff at it. And no one was forcing anyone to do anything. I have two legs, but if I didn't, I'd hope people wouldn't presume they know how that feels, or the difficulties I'd have, only Steve knows. What a decent thing to do, what a kind thing to do, to ensure he gets legs, that doesn't mean anyone has to do it, but it seems like a sincere gesture of unselfishness. And again, Steve said no, so that tells me what a decent guy he is, so I hope someone who can, even if not from BB, helps him out, I'd guess they'd do it anonymously, that's what people who don't expect anything in return do.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They were saying that they were going to ask BB to reduce the prize fund by £30,000, and pay that £30,000 directly to Steve (as I understood it from what we were shown on the highlights).

And remember Steve doesn't need the £30k for his leg, it's a kind of prototype leg from the army. I'd have thought he'd actually benefit from keeping the arrangement he has and allowing them to keep on improving it. (Not to mention if he wanted the regular leg, like the other one, he can get it free on the NHS, or he could get a better leg (but not the prototype he's using) for only a few thousand more, not £30k.)

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Sunshine and Rachael are doing a Lady Gaga/Beyonce video for BBBM. Bet that will be funny. I think Shabby will also be on BBBM this week. They don't really have room to talk to the evictee!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Steve said that if he wins the show he wouldn't spend the money on a new leg. Why should the others if it's not something he would spend himself? Why reduce the prize? If he wins, he'd be out that money too which he doesn't want.

I think it's wrong to treat Steve in a different way from the other house mates. He doesn't interact much with any of them. If he were able bodied people would be screaming to get him out. Perhaps they will bring in someone more his age and then he will have someone to talk to and we can get to know him.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
My point was not about the leg, what some of the HMs wanted to do with the prize money, or Steve, my point was about Ben's character, which has been putting me off more and more. My thoughts about him came about bc of the things he's said, one of which was his Steve comment, which added to, not began, my current opinion of him. All Ben had to do was take a look at Steven's situation with real sensitivity, he didn't have to agree, just look at Steve like a human being, it's not about the money, it's about Ben's view, which didn't reflect anything outside of himself. Ben has a right to do what he wants, but he has shown time and time again he is not a team player, and even though I think he can be funny, that comment, among others, sways me to hope he doesn't win, not bc of one thing, but bc of his overall character, or what my perception is of his character.

As a side thought, Steve should try out for the new Johnny Depp pirate movie, they were looking for men who looked like pirates, I bet Steve could pull it off.

Thanks Sara, I definitely have to watch BBBM this week.

Sunshyne, you have mail.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Steve would make a great pirate!

I agree that Ben isn't exactly a team player, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing when he doesn't expect the others to be team players either. For instance on the Army task, he decided he wouldn't be able to do the full task (which they apparently told him would be all day) but when he passed it onto Dave he also didn't expect Dave to do the task. He lets people make up their own minds and doesn't seem to judge them for it.

And I didn't find him unfeeling about Steve or anyone in the house. He did say that ideally he'd give money for Steve to be able to have his leg if he needed it, and we've seen how patient he was with Mario until Mario went a bit freakadoodle.

I think he'd be a good friend. Usually as long as I know where I stand with someone I'm ok, and I feel I'd know where I stood with Ben, I'd know what he would and would not do and what he would and would not expect of me.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Regarding Ben's exercise task, I think the idea that another person would be punished registered with Ben, but he didn't care. He decided everyone should quit, simply bc he did, but Dave did it bc he knew someone would have to be punished, if not him, everyone, and he was not going to let that happen, not if he could help it, Ben on the other hand, made excuses for himself and walked away.

He may have given Steve money if he needed it, but Steve would never ask and say he did, my point is not about the money, it's about Ben's perception of others. If someone were drowning in a river, I see Ben telling them to hold on he will get help, whereas everyone else would jump in, help would eventually come, but it might be too late. I don't find Ben unfeeling, just out of touch with others.

I think Ben has been more than tolerated by most of the house, I think it was Josie who put it best in the DR, I forget exactly what she said, but something like 'Ben does something, then he's called on it, gets red, moves in close, touches your arm and your okay with him again.' I don't dislike Ben, I just don't want him to win, I'd rather see Steve win, bc it's a huge achievement for him to even go in the house, he's a fighter, and I like that. Josie I wouldn't mind seeing win either, but right now I'd like it to be Steve.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Ben has also said that he'd rather eat rice and beans all week than have one of his housemates do anything that made them uncomfortable. It's not just that he won't do a task, he doesn't expect anyone else to do a bad task either. He assumes that others think the same way and can't understand why they'd object to his not doing a task.

I think it's common to think that others think the same way we do. He doesn't understand why anyone would participate in something they don't want to do. To him, he's just doing what anyone would do.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I disagree that it's common, particularly when you're with a group.

I finally saw the Wed July 7th HL show (of Tue right), Josie was a riot. First with the fly, then the shoes--saying she had an accident--she really cracked me up, too bad she got busted, but what a valiant effort; I loved that she put her foot on the table while drinking that one beer, she was so funny

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Josie was really funny Stormie! Sometimes I feel like she lives a sitcom life!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
rumors are that that FIVE new HG's will go in this Friday, but are unsure how many will actually stay longer than a couple of days (there might be some sort of a viewer vote to eliminate one or more of them)...

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oohh, Wilson, I wonder what they might have to do to stay. Will the HM's decide or will there be tasks. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Why does Dave keep saying to Keeva: "You're trying to shut down who I am."

He goes on to say "This isn't going to work in my favor." Hmmm, Dave...you being you isn't working in your favor. Says he doesn't attack who she is as a person. I believe I've heard him attack who she is. He went on about her quite a bit to Ben yesterday, hoping he can get Ben to nom her next week along with him.

Wow, between Dave/Keeva and Ben vs Nathan/Steve...WWIII in the house today.