TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 07, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 07, 2010 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
JJ vs Nathan.... I'm not sure who will go.... probably Nathan? What do you all think?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Although I'd rather JJ go, it won't upset me if Nathan goes. JJ will have a larger fan base so I think Nathan will go. Since I dislike both of them, it almost doesn't matter. I say almost because we hardly have to see Nathan and JJ gets all the camera time they can give him and I am sick of listening to him browbeat the one he considers the weakest.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
"Honestly, I think JJ is doing it deliberately, to try and get rid of those who he perceives as popular outside."

Stormy, I do as well. I couldn't help but think he thought Ben was nommed and he was helping him on his way.

I like Keeva and don't think she was leading Shabby on. Ben said today he had good convos with Keeva and Ife on the first day and thought they would be friends, but Shabby scooped them up and went in the BR with them. He said she didn't want others talking with them.

Before the task, Keeva, JJ and Josie(?) were talking and people were telling both of them to go for it when Keeva said she'd love for a certain person who thought they'd never be nommed to see how it felt.

I think JJ may have thrown it to her for that reason. I think that group has taken Keeva in and likes her. She contributed to the convo last night in an intelligent manner.

I got my wish...two guys are nomeed! Yippee!

I know why she couldn't, but so wish Keeva had felt free to nom Dave. She's too close to Ben now to do that, but wow, this would be the way to get him out. He'd go for sure against JJ. Would love to his his inspirational speeches to himself.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitters:

09:06 All housemates are still sleeping but something is stirring in the Bathroom...a surprise is in store for housemates today
10:23 Wahey the house have discovered what is in the Bathroom!
11:51 The robot has communicated with Corin and Mario...Well, it shook it's head
12:35 Caoimhe has just proposed to her boyfriend in the Diary Room! OMG
14:59 Caoimhe and John are getting ready for their task, they look very fetching in their bright red jump suits
15:12 The save and replace task is now taking place
15:46 Caoimhe has won the save and replace task,she has put Nathan up! Who will go?
16:52 Dave tells Mario that he still can't believe that John James is up for eviction on Friday
17:04 Corin and Ben are talking about their favourite subject - Coronation Street
17:14 John James just admitted to losing the Save and Replace task earlier so that he could save Caoimhe

I guess Shabby knows the score now!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
JJ has also stated he wouldn't win the POV comp, because he didn't want to pick anyone, so this worked out well for him.

I've read that Josie wanted JJ to pick Corin?? Hmm...playing the game, Josie? Or...was she wanting Keeva evicted?? Can't figure that one out.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Who nominated whom:

Ben: Ife (takes herself too seriously), JJ (volatile)
Caoimhe: Nathan (complete bully), Ife (blames fer for Shabby going)
Corin: Caoimhe (didn't apologise for the bedroom), JJ (temper)
Dave: Ife (gossip), Caoimhe (abortion)
Ife: Caoimhe (showed no remorse), Ben (not team player)
JJ: Caoimhe (talks to her least), Ben (willing to fail task)
Josie: Nathan (hurt he thought she messed with his stuff), Corin (mad woman over mattress)
Mario: Corin (doesn't join in group convos), Steve (aggressive shouting)
Nathan: Caoimhe (she said he was a bully), JJ (loves a row)
Steve: Ben (lack of enthusiasm for tasks), JJ (arguing)

Caoimhe: 5 noms
JJ: 4

Ben, Ife: 3
Corin, Nathan: 2
Steve: 1
Dave, Josie, Mario: 0

Dave ZERO!!!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks so much posting the above, Kitt.

Dave nommed Keeva? Last week he put her up for eviction. I sooo wish she would have nommed him. Ben would have gotten over it. Dave isn't really his friend.

Glad to see Ife is getting some noms. She was stuck like glue to Keeva during the task. Trying to kiss up and not get nommed? Ughhh.

Ben earlier today re JJ:

"He is my friend. I just annoy him."

Lol.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Quote:
JJ knows 100% who nominated him, he says.

JJ now talking to Steve, Dave and Ben? Says he wouldn't have put Ben up; says 'she' wouldn't have expected it.

The guys guess "Corin" and JJ says, "She wouldn't have stood a chance." I wonder if he was talking about Corin or Keeva? Keeva?

Steve likes Corin, so I think he may go tell Corin about this. Now JJ telling about he and Keeva's convo before the task. Rather building himself up to the guys.

If he stews about who put him up, he could go off. If he doesn't hold his temper, he might go over Nathan.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
So i've reviewed all the main points on Archives. Sooooooo notice how centered and calm JJ is now that he is on the block.

Notice how generous and friendly he was to Caoimhe, whom he nomed, and told her he'd throw it to her.

Notice how nonargumentive and nonconfrontational JJ has become.

Playing the cameras And the house like a pro.

I think Nathan is a goner unless he takes BB up on their offer.

They have told him they cant put him on cam because of his constant swearing. THey have offered to hook him up with Electrodes and Shock the heck out of him each time he swears.

OMG that is so funny and could give him tons of camera time. Nathan needs SOmething to be shown of him so the Public actually sees some kind of value in him.

in the meantime, JJ basically Knew Keev was going to put up ife or nathan so its a Win win for him. He looks like such a Good guy now.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne for you stated:
They have told him they cant put him on cam because of his constant swearing. THey have offered to hook him up with Electrodes and Shock the heck out of him each time he swears.

Lol..that would be great feeds! If he wants airtime, he might need to go that route. However, JJ uses the "F" bomb every other sentence and they still give him airtime.

Sooooooo notice how centered and calm JJ is now that he is on the block.

Give him time, Sunshyne. He's already stated he knows 2 of the people who nommed him. If he gets through tonight w/o blowing, he might be able to keep up his good guy routine.

Definitely agree it was a win/win for him in that Nathan would most likely go over him; however, I do see a bit of decency in him in that he's gotten to know Keeva a bit better now and maybe he was helping her stay?

She stood up to him last night...could he be crushing on her, lol?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Not one person nominated Dave... I just can't get over that.

JJ is going to snap - I just feel it. I think he has sundown syndrome and he loses self control during the evening - after the sun goes down.

I'm just kidding about that - I feel like I never get to see JJ acting "normal" or nice - I only see him in the evenings when he's tottering on the edge... and then losing it!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know what they (the people who pick the contestants) ever saw in Nathan. It should have been obvious in his interviews he wouldn't be able to stop swearing, and apart from the "working man" appeal I don't know what else he's got. That does explain why we've seen to little of him though. Shock therapy might be entertaining but I want him to go, even over JJ!, so I don't want anything which might make him more appealing!

I think JJ will blow too. Not sure he can help himself. If he manages to not blow for the next few days I think we'll know his arguments have all been very calculated.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
A little different take on the "proposal, " some live updates from DS (I think she was just joking):

12:51 Caoimhe tells Ben that she just proposed to her boyfriend from the Diary Room and asked Big Brother if they would let him in for a wedding. She says that Ben can be best man and Shabby would be her maid of honour.

12:59 Dave, John James and Ben discuss if Big Brother could let Caoimhe marry in the house. Dave says it would, "spice up the ratings", while John James says he thinks they would only do it if it was to someone else in the house. Ben reveals he thinks it's all so bizarre.

http://www.digitalspy.com/bigbrother/liveupdates/

I think Shabby has always known the score, I just think CV had been giving her mixed signals, even on the outside. I read at DS that CV had said that she'd get Shabs votes, does anyone know if she actually said something like that, it would have been around the time of the replacement comp.

I really don't know why JJ threw the comp, he could have just as easily replaced himself with someone who hadn't been nominated, I just don't understand what he hopes to gain. If his arguments are deliberate, then I guess this would be also. I really hope he doesn't snap, I'd actually like to see him stay, not that I like to see him argue, but we don't see much of Nathan.

I'm not surprised Ben is blaming Shabs for he not getting to know CV and Ife, she's not there to defend herself, and he has to get in good with them now, but it really is his own fault, not hers. Equally, I can see CV now befriending Ben and the others, she has to form new groups now that she's gotten rid of Shabby--today I just find myself disliking CV.

I can't get over no Dave noms either, what's up with that; perceptions within the BB house become so strange to me.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nathan's up for eviction and we get to see him shouting and grumbling all the time... not that I blame BB for showing it, I'd also criticise them if they didn't show him, because then people might forget to vote him out ;).

I also can't understand why no one nominated Dave. I understand why Ben got less votes, after the reception to his stand up. Just happy they nominated JJ, even if I would rather Nathan went.

Actually my order from now is:

Nathan to go next!
Dave
Caoimhe
Ife
John James
Josie
Steve
Mario
Corin
Ben to win!

I'm not sure why JJ is so far up that list when I really have disliked him hugely at times. I guess because he's complicated and I'm still intrigued a bit by him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Whoa Nathan! Pretty glad I haven't heard him all this time! And Corin doesn't do herself any favours being on his side.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
No favors at all, Kitt. That's the first time I've viewed "that" Corin.

I felt so bad for Keeva. Here she was just trying to collect her thoughts after the DR session, but Shabby expected her to stay there and listen to her. So Keeva goes and yells @ Nathan for Shabby and he goes off on her. Now she is out from under Shabby's (usage) and shadow and Ife goes off on her today?

I thought Ife tried to make nice after Keeva decided to stay. Why did she start all over @ the smoking bench today? Keeva is no longer up for eviction, so what in the world is Ife trying to do? I hate when people like her do this when others aren't around and then twist the facts in the retelling.

On the bright side, Nathan didn't come across well at all so far on the highlights show today.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It did show that the ONE time someone stood up to Shabby's temper, she left the house. That says more about her than anything else.

Shabby was a classic bully and they have all been tiptoeing around her so she wouldn't go off. I don't like Nathan much at all, but I was happy to see that he didn't take any of Shabby's garbage. Keeva was happy to stand beside Shabby while she bullied others, but doesn't want to be painted with the same brush. Well there's that old saying, if you lay down with dogs you're gonna get fleas.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Nathan's stood up to Shabby before though, just we didn't see it? I don't watch the feeds much, so don't know, but BB were painting Shabby as their favourite for a while, and with Nathan unable to do anything without swearing, maybe the two things combined stopped them showing any previous confrontations.

Now Shabby is gone they don't have to protect her storyline, and they need to show a bit of Nathan before the eviction, so we might just be seeing what he's been doing all along.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Just watching the HL show and although I have barely noticed Nathan before so I'm ok with him leaving, I have to admit that the phrase "Little Rain Cloud of Doom" is notably funny!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
And how hilarious was Ben's impression of JJ? I was laughing so hard when he said he would be arguing with himself - I didn't like what I said then...

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
I really don't know why JJ threw the comp, he could have just as easily replaced himself with someone who hadn't been nominated, I just don't understand what he hopes to gain.

I definitely can explain it to you. Repeatedly, the only person who can stop JJ's rants is nathan, when he says STOP JJ will zip his lip like a kid chastised by the principal.

JJ is afraid of nathan, not sure why. there is NO way JJ would ahve the guts to nom nathan if he won. Its much better gameplay to be encouraging Keeva to do his dirty work. Keeva has talked about her nat hate especially in light of his talking down to Shabby.

oh and at bedtime tonight, JJ was ranting up a storm but it was more like Gossip/ HM bashing...he wasnt actually attacking anyone to their face. Indeed i think we all know JJ would be afraid to start up with nathan.

Nathan DOES have an opportunity to stay but he needs to expose JJ as the backstabbing gameplayer that he is. Nathan needs to capture the Fanbase that wanted K/Shab Out. JJ saved Caoimhe, that may piss off a lot of fans.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't think I could disagree more about Shabby, I don't think she's a bully at all. Was she a bully when she consoled Josie or Sunshine, or bc she had an argument with cursing Nathan, or is it bc she had a crush on CV, who kissed her on the neck, who pretended she was pushing her up against a wall, and from what Shabs said, told her she fancied her, and other mixed signals. I didn't find her a bully at all, she has a temper, she's said it, but everyone in the house has their faults.

From yesterday's HLs, I thought that Ife took Shab and CV's making fun of her too far. I can understand her wanting to wait to speak, but she did speak, but not to CV and Shabs, to any HM that would listen to her sad story, and even after they apologized. If she really thought of them as friends, she would have tried to explain things to them, maybe she had a horrible mean girl experience as a child, I don't know, but she chose to gossip instead. This is not the first time she's gossiped and I think she wanted to portray them as mean, rather than friends messing around.

It's really strange that so many HMs gossip about someone, telling others they think this way, they did this bc, this is why that happened, you feel this, you think this, etc., there seems to be so much spinning of what people do and say, to make others look bad. It's not just JJ who's doing it, I see other HMs doing it too, it's irritating to watch, I know it's a game and they all want to win, but still.

I don't think in any way CV was under Shabby's control, maybe CV didn't realize she was leading on Shabs, but she did it just the same. After seeing Shabby on BBLB yesterday, I like her even more, I understand her reasons for leaving, I wish she stayed, but she got fed up with the spinning perceptions. I think she's a very genuine person and she had some entertaining moments. I think I read she'll be on BBBM Fri with the then evictee.

Also from yesterday's show I thought Corin was justified in being ticked at the task losers moving the stuff in the bedroom, I don't think she went on and on about it, I think she worked it out in the DR, but I understood where she was coming from. It was Nathan ranting about them being upset that I didn't understand, but then again, I can't really understand what he says, so maybe he was going on about something else, lol. And I did think Ben should have changed from JJ's shirt, it wasn't his to wear, or wearout.

My order (until new people are chucked in, lol):
Nathan next
Dave
Caoimhe
Ife
Mario
Ben
John James
Josie
Corin
Steve to win!

ETA: Thanks Sunshyne, now that makes sense, I didn't realize JJ was like that with Nathan. Isn't JJ clever. It will be interesting to see if Nathan does anything; I hope he goes, though, I don't know, I just haven't seen a lot of him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My problem with Shabby was that she really didn't appear to be genuine to me, at least not in the first couple of weeks. I quite like the Shabby from BBLB, and I thought sometimes her consoling others was genuine, although sometimes it seemed more like tactics.

I think Shabby came in the house thinking she knew what the audience wanted, and acted accordingly. She tried to be both argumentative herself and set up arguments between others and walked away, she flashed a boob, tried to create a romance (even though I think she did actually fall for Caoimhe later on), gossiped about people with Caoimhe and then 30 seconds later was sweet to their face. To me she just came across as consciously trying to manipulate the viewers, and I think that's why I had such an aversion to her. Also when BB started focusing on her it made me feel like BB were buying into her game and trying to manipulate me too. Guess I've got a thing about being manipulated!

Unlike some ex-housemates I don't think she's a mean person or a bad person, just she'd have been a much better housemate if she'd just been herself.

Stormie, we have the same final six!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
ITA with Kitt about Shabby. I always had the feeling she was acting. When Pete was on BBLB it came to me that Shabby had put together the characters of Pete and Nikki to create her persona for the house. My list is close to Kitt's with a little tweaking.

Nathan to go next! (can't stand him)
Dave (dislike him intensely
Caoimhe (time for her to go)
John James (can't stand him either, but his rants are so stupid that they are entertaining)
Ife (boring with a few good moments)
Steve (boring, adds nothing to the show)
Josie (can be sweet and nasty and then sweet)
Mario (funny and cute)
Corin (adorable and cheerful)
Ben to win! (I laugh almost every time he does anything, whether he means it to be funny or not, he's hysterical!)

This may change when we meet the new people.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I think that if Shabs were that clever, she'd still be in the house. And if she did have some secret hidden agenda, I think that now that she's out, she'd have told everyone, she has nothing to hide. I think that Shabs summed up what was going on with her on a HL show a few days ago, where she said something like 'you go in with your style and BB breaks you down to just your personality.' I don't think she was prepared for how she would react, and like she later said, she didn't like 'how she was reacting to it,' or something like that.

We're almost seeing eye to BB eye, lol. I'd like to see Steve win, not bc he's done a lot, but bc he just going into the house is a massive achievement. And I think Ben is funny, but I didn't like that he questioned giving a portion of the winnings to Steve for legs, he certainly didn't have to, but it reminded me that he's not a team player, where Steve is the symbol of team, maybe that's what needs to be rewarded this last BB, they were all about team in the beginning of this season, so maybe they should go out that way.