TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 03, 2010 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm soo upset that SS went. They didn't show much of Keeva at all on the highlights show. For some reason, SS started getting more even with Keeva in the voting as the eviction got closer.

Earlier in the week, Dave said SS would go. What does he know? I thought for sure he'd be wrong this week. What in the world is going on?

Could it be they (BB) fixed it so SS went to avoid any talk of her being mistreated? Of course, they have to protect their golden boy, JJ. It's so wrong.

I'm sick of the Shabby/Keeva show. Now we will see more of them.

Oh geez, JJ going off about something again. Something BB just gave them by way of food? I'm so sick of his rants.

Mario is acting as immature as JJ today.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The only reason I can think of for SS to have gone is that those who are tired of the Shabby/Caoimhe show split their votes along with people believing that SS was over dramatizing JJ's bad behavior. I'm afraid JJ and Shabby will think the public likes their antics/rants and ramp it up a notch.

It's really too bad that SS went because she seems so insecure as it is that this will make it worse. JJ pretends to be insecure, but insecure people don't go on the attack the way he does. I predict that after nominations, he will choose someone else to go after.

BTW, I was on the fence about Ben and Mario but now I like Ben and am tired of Mario.

ETA: Now no one will nominate JJ or Scabby because they will think the public loves them.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You said that all along, MamaB, about the split votes, but I was convinced Caoimhe was going! The betting odds said her, all the polls in all the places I went to said her... I'm still surprised.

Cricket, I don't think it was fixed because there was a scandal over phone votes a few years ago, and because of that there are extremely tight regulations on phone voting for shows where people are charged for calls, and BB charges quite a large amount for calls (50p per call, which is about 80c). But I do think BB/Ch4 or the editors/writers of the show have favourites and the shows are sometimes biased in how they present things. I also think their hands are somewhat tied because of how often viewers ring in and complain these days - it's possible if they had shown more of JJ going at Sunshine for instance, that viewers would have called about bullying or aggressive behaviour - so they show things in certain ways to avoid that.

I'm getting tired of Mario too. He seems like a caring guy, but I think he has unrealistic expectations about how Ben should act towards him. I think he thinks if he's a friend he will agree with him more, but that's just not how it works. Ironically I saw a little bit of the live feed this evening, and Ife was asking him how he could still be friends with Dave, after what Dave said about gay marriage, and Mario said something like he accepts his friends, faults and all. He doesn't seem to do that with Ben. I hope they make up, I would like to see Ben spend less time with Dave.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, I'm glad SS is having fun, I also think she's entertaining, at least she tried with singing and all. It would be fantastic if SS got to meet Lady G, I hope that is a possibility. I just don't understand how she can be viewed in such a bad light, she gets dragged across the floor and SHE gets evicted, I just don't get it. I think Caoimhe should have gone, but, what can ya do.

Cricket, I wondered the same thing, if there was some kind of fix, even if there were complaints before and efforts to alleviate that, like Kitt said, I still think there would be a way to influence people and create a negative light, like they do on the HLs show. I read that Caoimhe had a little meltdown after Dave put her up, but they didn't show that, they just showed her being okay in the kitchen, so things like that, which I just hate.

I agree Mamab, I think JJ is pretending to be insecure, he does seem to spin things to the other person, making himself look victimized. Josie picked up on that right away, then when she told him he does that, he did it again. Either he is really out to lunch, or he's playing this game hard. I don't know. The only thing I do know for sure is, he hurt SS, took no responsibility, even in part, and got away with it.

Although I kind of like Corin (I really wish she'd stay out of the sun), I think I like the three new HMs more than anyone in the house right now, and we haven't met them yet, lol.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think I like the three new HMs more than anyone in the house right now, and we haven't met them yet

lol! I wonder who they'll get. I bet they'll get someone to put a spanner in the Mario-Ben relationship (or what's left of it), a lesbian to come between Caoimhe and Shabby, and someone they think JJ will be attracted to.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Stormie, I like your three new HMs too!
I hate that SS left. I'm very confused as to how the HL show put her in a bad light. I was fuming at JJ after seeing him hold her down at the pool. I know they were playing, but it was difficult to watch and I felt a great deal of sympathy for SS.

Muse

08-09-2001

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Seems like the unpleasant Shabby/Caoimhe duo split votes, with Sunshine leaving with less than half of the total votes. I really hope that one of those two (Shabby or Caoimhe) leaves next week. I'd also love to see John James go, but he's going to be around a looong time. If he makes it 'til the end, I could see a lot of people voting for him.

Mario said that his friendship with Ben will be repaired, and that he was just hurt. I hope he gets over Ben's reasons for coming on the show...it's not like they can change, and I think it's a stupid reason to be upset anyway. Ben also needs to stop with the comments about gay people...I don't think they're exactly homophobic, but I find them vaguely offensive.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It worries me that JJ and Shabby might not be nominated since those in the house think the public likes Shabby and that the public must have sided with JJ in the SS attack. I would hope that if JJ is nominated, he would go in a flash, but that's kind of what I thought about Shabby.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
A split vote makes sense, but still annoying, thanks Muse. I missed that, what were Ben's reasons for coming on the show?

ETA: They could still be put up in the replacement, so there's still a chance.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not just a split vote, but also anyone who liked either Shabby or Caoimhe would have voted for Sunshine to go, so she had double the fans of the opposition voting her out at the same time as the votes of her fans were split.

All the same, I really thought Caoimhe would still go!

For this week's noms a lot depends on who those who voted for Sunshine last week (Caoimhe, Ife, Josie, Nathan and Shabby) will nominate. If they all go for Ben this week then it could be Dave and Ben up, possibly with Shabby too. But there's always the Save and Replace...

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Not just a split vote, but also anyone who liked either Shabby or Caoimhe would have voted for Sunshine to go, so she had double the fans of the opposition voting her out at the same time as the votes of her fans were split

Oohhh, thanks Kitt. That makes a little more sense to me now. After her eviction, Dave said something to Ben about how it went. He must have nommed Keeva on purpose and really wanted SS out. How calculating is that? We are not seeing the real Dave.

Remember how Dave didn't like Rachel because of the way she dressed? The last few days, it seems like Dave hasn't been able to keep his hands off SS. He had her in a headlock with his knees around her head when they were harrassing her on the bed the other day...same day he 'kissed' the black lipstick off her and then I kind of remember hearing he was hugging her or something yesterday or today. I was thinking then that he was too attracted to her body and of course we can't have Dave be attracted, so SS had to go. He skeeves so many people on the boards out.

I couldn't even watch the feeds tonight. The house just seemed dim without SS there. The HM's seemed rather scattered as well and of course the disturbing duo were behaving badly. Nothing to watch there.

I think I'm with Stomie also. I like the 3 new housemates the best at this time!

Muse

08-09-2001

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Stormie, Mario seems to be offended that Ben is primarily there to advance his career, NOT for the experience. Yesterday Ben said he would not request an attractive gay HM for Mario because he wouldn't want it to hurt his career in the U.S. Mario was offended, although Ben said it was a joke. Ben was told he should do the show by his agent (or manager, or whatever).

Ultimately Mario (as a super fan of the show) thinks everyone should be there for the "right reasons", while Ben thinks that people who line up for days to audition (as Mario did) are a little sad.

Muse

08-09-2001

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Really disappointed about Ben's behavior during his punishment, and how he laughed about it afterward.

Dave was great, though!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Hawk: Who do you like most.

Ben: David

Hawk: I see you're a liar

ROFL!

Why does Ben think this is "psychological" warfare?

I can't believe they let Ben out of it that easy. They should have left him there for 30 min.; gone back and if still wouldn't do it, another 30 min., etc. until he got the message he had to exercise to get out.

Whoah, Dave is arguing with him, too. These peeps don't quite understand the military.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitternesses:

10:08 Ben has been splattered with beans in the Diary Room, as part of Ben's Bad Day
10:40 Mario questions Ben's friendship
11:29 Caoimhe needs a painkiller for her headache
12:24 Ben has entered the task room in a new outfit
12:34 Myke Hawke is in the task room talking to Ben. Ben looks scared!
12:40 Ben experiences military style workout with Myke Hawke- Special Forces veteran
13:02 Ben has told Myke Hawke is is quitting the task. Myke isn't happy
13:09 Looks like Ben has officially quit the boot camp task and is being replaced by Dave. Poor Dave!
13:14 Dave is laughing in the Diary Room. He clearly doesn't know what Myke has in store for him
14:27 Most of the Housemates are in the Garden talking about what it would be like if new Housemates came in
14:31 Shabby, Ife and Josie are discussing the shopping budget and how much they can spend on cigarettes
15:25 Ben is the the Garden doing an impression of John James. It's not bad.
15:33 Big Brother has provided the housemates with packed lunches. Tasty
16:45 Ben and Josie are discussing why the food in the house is de-branded
16:47 Big Brother has called Ben to the Diary Room. He looks scared!
17:03 Caoimhe is discussing the possibility of getting a boob job with Corin
17:11 Housemates have been called to the Living Room. This week's You vs The Housemates task may be about to start!
17:16 The housemates have chosen Ife to take part in this week's task.
17:18 Ife must spin around as many times as she can in 30 seconds. She is confident she's going to win this one!

It's funny, the twitters have been really sparse lately, often one an hour or less. Last night they hadn't tweeted for about four hours (to be fair they might have had fall out from that power cut they had) and then tweeted something about everyone having gone to bed after such an eventful evening. I replied that if it was so eventful, why hadn't they tweeted for four hours, and that I was reduced to reading live feed updates at The Sun's website... today they gave an apology for the "technical glitches"!! Not paying someone to sit there and type, more like!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
In that photo, Ben looks gayer than Mario. Actually he looks gayer than my close friend who is about as flamboyant as a gay man can get.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He so does!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
BB showed the HMs the clip of Ben's task from the ToT. He looked a bit shocked and everyone was kind of laughing. Dave is the worst because he started going on - "So you really didn't even try much did you?"

Now they're all asking him why he made up the lie about getting Shabby's hats (that he wouldn't do that) and why he didn't try - they're all saying they would have done it if he'd asked them to arm wrestle.

This may go on for hours...

And Dave is egging it on continually. He needs to go - much as I'm bothered by Shabby, Keeva and JJ - I really want Dave to go away so the creep factor in the house drops significantly.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Dave is on my nerves too. As much as I like Ben, the hugging and touching between them is creeping me out. If you are gay, admit it. But the way they carry on is too much PDA for me for a straight couple or a gay couple.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mama - they were piled up on the couch the other day - Ben with his head in Dave's lap, Dave's arm over Ben's chest, Ben's elbow in Dave's crotch... talking about how uncomfortable it is for Ben that Mario has a crush on him! My son walked by and asked if all the men in the house this year are gay!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the ToT did tell him to take all of Shabby's hats after he failed the arm wrestling part, so it wasn't a lie, he just hasn't told them about it.

I'm used to a fair amount of affection between my male friends but I agree, this is a little odd. And again I'm going to agree about Dave, somehow it seems natural for Ben but creepy for Dave. Don't know why - well I suspect it's because intentions aren't entirely lustless, but I don't know for sure. I would also like him to go.

From today's show it seems like Shabby will still be nominated, seems like there's still a lot of anger at her behaviour.

And what's with Mario?! Put the green monster away, it doesn't suit you! He's turning into a mini-JJ.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Mario was really nasty on today's highlights show. I took Ben's comment to be mostly joking. Mario has been like a sick puppy following Ben around and it finally occurred to him that Ben just wants to be friends and he turned into a vicious enemy.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think he was jealous over Ben doing the stand up too, as he thought Ben chose it, rather than having to take it. I thought he'd be a lot nicer but again his ruthless side it showing.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Mario was so sweet when he was the mole. It reminds me of Noirin last year. She was lovely when she had to wear those silly drawn on glasses but as soon as they came off, she turned into someone else. She wasn't even nice to Freddy who was responsible for removing them. Mario was nice to Ben from the time he was the mole, but since last week when he wasn't voted out, he feels that he has earned his place in the house and is being more assertive and in the case of Ben, rude.