TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 23, 2010 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
In 08 they brought in 3 at about this time, but they had already had an ejection or 2 by that point.

I hope they do bring in some new ones very soon to stir things up a little.

I'm kind of surprised that Josie turned on 2 who were sort of considered to be part of her group, especially Ben. I'm disliking her more every day.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No walkouts so far, that's a point in itself! The last few years there always seem to have been early walkouts. I don't see any of these actually quitting (although Govan and JJ might ask again).

Yep on Josie - she's showing a not so nice side lately. Corin's about the only female I like right now... Ife might be ok but I never see anything of her.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ife needs to break away from Shabby and Caoimhe so she's not overshadowed by them anymore. They've been kind of rude to her lately anyway.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt state:
You confuse "expert" with "obsessed" ;). The article wasn't from the official site, so I think they just phrased it a bit weirdly to try not to plagiarise the original article too completely.

Lol, Kitt...you still know what's happening. Since it wasn't from the main site, I can see how the wording might be different and me astray.

Muse stated:

There is no way that Ben will put up JJ if he wins the power to take himself off the block. He and JJ are back to being friends. They napped together yesterday. JJ also told Ben that he is the funniest person he knows (kind of unintentionally -- he is amused by the way Ben says things), and that all of his mates back home would think Ben is hilarious too.

Yes, you are probably right, Muse. Ben doesn't have that many friends in the house that he can nom one he keeps having spats with.

I can't believe JJ didn't receive even one vote! Wow! It seems that in trying to get the housemates that are liked not booted early, BB put in the Save and Replace option. However, the HM's are actually nomming people the public WANT to vote out and they are then saving themselves and putting up people that shouldn't be on the block. Last week Dave should have stayed on the block and this week Shabby should have. It's so infuriating. I think Dave might go this week. He doesn't seem well-liked by many people inside and outside the house.

On the live feeds right now, Mario is trying to tell some of the peeps he has a secret and they will find it out if he gets evicted. Is he lying or is there a secret about him that I missed? Or..do we not know?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to remember if Mario told them he was picked randomly as a HM when he revealed he was the mole. I wonder if it could be that?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
That could be it, I don't recall if he mentioned the random draw part but it makes sense to hold that bac k. Some of the others would probably look down on him, like they were picked to be there for their personalities and traits and he was just lucky. But then I seriously doubt it was really a random draw.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it must be that - the random thing. He was told never to tell anyone. I hope Mario turns out to be nice, he was so good as the mole and now he's kind of disappeared into the background. I don't want him to start acting up and being annoying now he's up for eviction.

Right now the bookies have Govan to go at 1/3, then Ben at 10/3, Dave at 11/1 and Mario at 28/1. Of course plenty of days for things to change.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I really want Govan to go, but from reading I thought people disliked Dave more. If Dave does go, it just might make him realize he is not as beloved by the public as he possibly thinks he is.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I can't help but love Ben!! He just prostrates himself in front of people when he thinks he's done wrong and just talks and talks and talks and talks and talks.... He's like a pet you could just set going and have him entertain you all afternoon.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
oh jeez, Live feeds right now. JJ taking credit for getting Rachel's suitcase back.

what a jerk.

Like I've said in Chats a million times, JJ is playing hard. everything that guy says and does is to manipulate Viewers.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
not sure if I'm going to say this right, but i find it highly hypocritical of the HGS that nom'd Dave because of his religious beliefs.

IF three HMs nom'd a person because they were black or Gay, all heck would break loose.

But to use a person's Freedom of Choice to target them??

yes i realize that the topic is a hot one and is very Politically motivated... however, Surely everyone can admit dave has the right to his (and Most Christian Church's) opinion.

it is like the dark ages in there. BB must have purposefully put in a houseful of Bisexuals knowing Dave would upset them.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
People have no choice about being Black or Gay. Since he invented his own religion, he made the choice to be against Gay marriage. They have every right to nominate based on his viewpoints. It's no different than nominating someone because you dislike their political beliefs.

Would it bother you if there was a practitioner of wicca (a witch) in the house and she was nominated because of that?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If he gets his freedom of choice to decide to not bless gay unions, then the others get their freedom of choice to think less favourably of him because of it. Having a right to an opinion, even a religious based one, doesn't mean that others don't have a right to think less of him for his opinion. There are plenty of churches in the UK that make the choice to bless same sex partnerships, and have been doing that for many years, before same sex unions were even legal in the UK. Dave runs his own church (I believe??) and he could chose to interpret whatever Christian writings he follows to include same sex marriage, but he chooses not to. And others choose to judge him on that choice. And frankly I do too.

But to be honest I still think the biggest issue is his seeming hypocrisy. If he were a very pious Christian people would be more accepting of him not wanting to perform gay unions, but because he has what most people probably consider a very promiscuous background and lifestyle (and almost seems proud of it) it seems particularly wrong for him not to be more accepting. I think that's more what they're reacting to: it doesn't make sense for Dave not to support gay marriage, not any other random Christian.

Muse

08-09-2001

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
I definitely think that Dave was thrown in with a fair number of liberal-minded HMs in order to stir up some drama. And while I disagree with his views on gay marriage, I think he's tried to be very respectful when sharing those views. I don't blame some people for using his views as a basis for nominations (especially if they don't have a friendship with him), but I don't get how he is "forcing his views about religion on others" (as some HMs have claimed), either.

JJ keeps talking about how Ben is hilarious, and I totally agree. Although I have nothing in common with him, I would totally want to befriend him if I knew him in real life. He'd be an endless source of amusement. :-)

JJ and Josie seem to be doing some mild flirting. They both assert that it's only friendship, but I could see that maybe changing if they're in the house together for a long time.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
there are multiple verses against Homosexuality in the Bible. the Only choice a christian has is whether they wish to follow the rules or not.

SOme churches have chosen to Water down all the rules, including that one. They have the right, It has nothing to do with me. People dont like to follow rules and memberships in most churches have dropped like a stone since the 70s... probably thx to the Pill eh??

I prefer not to judge anyone by their choices which is why I think Dave shouldnt be targeted for his Anti-gay Marriage stance. Frankly, I know most of his Concepts are made up (nonBiblical) so I do consider him cultish. IF the Noms had been based on Hypocrisy, I wouldnt be mentioning it here.
((agreeing profusely with Kitt's second paragraph))

yes mama, i would consider it heinous (ha ha) for someone to be Nom'd strictly because they are wiccan. I've worked with a Woman who was very into Wiccan. i have Strong respect for everyone's beliefs and do not believe in using it as a means to target them.

on a final note, while I agree with the ideal that a person isnt choosing to BE gay or BE black, my point was about Behaviour in the house.

for instance, if we heard a reason to nom like "I nom Peter because he acts gay and i dont like that he uses black slang like he's from the ghetto"

all heck would break loose. IMHO

but end of topic, if I'm not making myself clear by this post, i should give up.

i <3 ben. I hope he does stay. I really wish he wasnt so dependant and Verbal with his socalled Buddies. Steve nommed him and Mario kinda backstabs him by making lame excuses.

JJ is playing Ben pretty hard too. I think JJ's fake reason for having Low Selfesteem was ridiculous. i dont know what there is about JJ but sometimes he says things and my BS meter goes crazy because of something that changes in his voice. I'm really good at detecting lies just from voices in real life.

I dont know. I really am getting a hate on for Josie and JJ.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Just a side note, but people watching the live feed this am said that the people on the ch4 website really need to get thier facts straight. It was Ife who first saw the mess in the kitchen and it was Josie who mentioned backwards day, Shabby only suggested they were getting a new housemate.
Does anyone else feel that ch4 is trying to spin certain HMs in a more "clever" light? Seriously, the constant focus on Shabby and her antics drives me nuts.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I was actually very upset that the HL show spent so much time on Shabby and Caoimhe that the Jerry Springer bit was cut to about 20 seconds of the show. The other HMs deserve so much more attention - the Jerry Springer show was hilarious. There were some great American accents in that bit!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the Shabby Show is very tiresome. For some reason I really, really dislike her. I have a feeling everything she does is fake, including the whole thing over Caoimhe, the tears, everything. Don't like her at all and BB spending half the show on the person I like least really gets me!!

I think though, the more people say they don't like her, the more BB will think, "well, people are talking," and will keep doing it. They'd rather people were talking about how much they dislike Shabby than they were talking about how bored they were, or something like that.

Maybe JJ needs to throw another wobbly, that'd get the feeds off of her!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some Officialbblive twitters from today:

07:44 Corin and Ife both say that they'd like to see some new housemates come in soon
09:55 Housemates have been woken to the tune of Pokerface
10:10 Housemates have woken to find it's Backwards Day
10:23 Housemates are enjoying curry... for breakfast!
10:37 Josie is downing the rest of the wine that housemates had for breakfast
12:27 Housemates are in the task room, trying to work out the task they have already 'won'
13:03 Housemates have finished their task (or have they?) and have returned to the Garden
13:47 Sunshine and Ben are talking about rich friends that they know
15:24 Sunshine and John James are talking about their past love lives
17:29 Shabby and Caoimhe are discussing Ife after she has told them that she feels left out

The live twitter guy is another one who needs to be a bit more on the ball. Yesterday it hadn't been updated for nearly two hours, so I asked what was happening in the house, and they replied with "Shabby was in the Diary Room" or something like that. Well how thrilling. Maybe they'd all been napping, but come on, if they say they're doing a live feed twitter then do it!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mario has a good point - the fact that he's nice and not nominated means he has no chance to save himself from the public vote, and the person who had annoyed everyone enough to be nominated gets all the power. It does seem unfair. I'm feeling worse for Rachael now he's pointed out the obvious!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Big dust up on the feed right now, everybody is mad at Ben because he allegedly nominated Sunshine the first week despite her being his close friend, whom he loves, etc etc. I have no idea how it came out that he nominated her, but obviously he must have let it slip.

But listening to him dig himself deeper every time he tries to explain it away is pretty funny.

did he actually nominate her? I'd think I would have noticed that. It just shows how things get blown up in there because they just never ever let up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think when the show was on tv (so not many were watching), the housemates were punished for repeatedly talking about nominations, and the punishment was to see some video of people discussing it. I guess that's where they saw it.

Keep posting on what happens if you can... I'm not able to watch the feeds right now!

(Yeah, he nominated her in week one, and he actually said something like as much as he liked her she was divisive to the group and that's why he nommed her.)

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Also, as a crack down on nominations talk, housemates have lost their £500 pounds shopping budget they won tonight as a result for discusing noms in code they will now live on basic rations until further notice!!!. PS..it was shabbys fault.