TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 22, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 22, 2010 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 21, 2010 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You confuse "expert" with "obsessed" ;). The article wasn't from the official site, so I think they just phrased it a bit weirdly to try not to plagiarise the original article too completely. But we'll see if that or some other little trick comes into play tomorrow - it'd be good if they kept it a bit different each week so that the hms couldn't be too prepared.

Talking of plagiarism, I wonder if they'll have trouble showing that Jerry Springer piece in tomorrow's highlights show because of copyright issues. I'll have to seek it out on youtube if they don't.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, June 21, 2010 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'm a bit behind, but I did see the launch show, the eviction show and a few in between, so just a couple of comments and questions if anyone knows the answers to. TIA

I love the new house, it's one of the best, and the chair with the wings is so inventive, what a great idea. And Davina looks great as always, is she hosting BBBM this season? I hope we get to see her in other things once the show is over.

I was wondering, how were the possible HMs prevented from speaking to one another prior to the show? I guess they wouldn't be, but I only wonder bc couldn't they have formed friendships on the outside, then not nominated their friends? Just a thought.

I thought it was so clever to have a mole, lol, what a crack up. Mario did so well, I haven't seen that show yet, but I understand he did pass the task. Was anyone really angry, or did they just go with the flow?

I liked Rachael, I didn't see why John was so upset at her, but beyond any thought that he really likes her, which I doubt, I thought maybe it has more to do with the old adage, that he saw in her something that he didn't like in himself, so he clashed with her. In any event, I was sorry to see her go, she seems like a really lovely person.

Someone may have mentioned it before, but does anyone else think that Sunshine looks like the actress who played "Blossom" on that old tv show? They could be related.

I don't really dislike anyone, but reading above, I guess Shabbs is irritating people, so I think I'll watch today's clip next. I always get mixed up, but is today's highlight show of day 13, which was Sunday? So far, I like this season, it looks very entertaining.

ETA: Thank you for the great banner above.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 21, 2010 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, Davina's doing BBBM. She's had a few dancing shows over the last year, and some charity type events. She had a game show on just before BB, but I don't know if that was a one-off or will be on again some time. I didn't see it.

Unusually, the housemates were allowed to talk to each other before the show. I can't remember how long it was, maybe a couple of days? When someone entered they called Dave "the Wizard," for example, and some of them knew each others' names.

I haven't seen much of the live feeds, but I didn't see/hear about anyone being mad at Mario. I guess they thought it would look bad to be mad over what was a task forced upon him.

Someone on one of the BBLBs or BBBMs said Sunshine looks like Blossom too!

Yeah, the way the highlights shows work is that they show what happened from wake up time to bedtime and night time antics of the (UK) day before (except we sometimes see a bit more on eviction day). Today's highlights was about what happened on Sunday. BBLB will show things that have happened more recently and sometimes live, so it can be weirdly out of synch.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Monday, June 21, 2010 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
No one was mad at Mario. They WERE angry at the actions of a mole tho.

Govan especially was none too happy and he Did think it was Sunshine and said so.

Sunshine was very verbal that it was mario and by the time they did the vote, everyone loved mario and most of the house wanted Sunshine gone.

I watch wayyyy too much feeds and Like last year, i expect to ignore the Rigged BBUSA and keep watching uk right to the end.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Monday, June 21, 2010 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
oh and I should say, I'm watching the Shabby TofT task. She is trying so hard to be chatty with Ben. Her body language shows her true feelings tho.

Muse

08-09-2001

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
There is no way that Ben will put up JJ if he wins the power to take himself off the block. He and JJ are back to being friends. They napped together yesterday. JJ also told Ben that he is the funniest person he knows (kind of unintentionally -- he is amused by the way Ben says things), and that all of his mates back home would think Ben is hilarious too. :-)

I think Ben would probably put up Caoimhe, but I wouldn't rule out Nathan or Ife, either. Shabby would put up Sunshine, maybe Mario. Ditto for Govan. And Dave would put up Caoimhe or Ife, I guess?

I just really hope that Shabby goes home. I find her very unpleasant. Govan isn't very nice either (and also kind of uninteresting), so I'd be fine with him going, too. He used to be my least favorite, but Shabby's replaced him.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 2:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
No, they need the unpleasant people to stay in there. If everybody is pleasant it makes foe a very boring show. Though if it has to be Govan or Shabby I hope Govan goes.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
breaking news. about twenty mins ago Tree of temptation told Shabby she broke the rules about telling about the task.

Caiomhe was in the washroom too, putting on makeup.

The tree then said that Shabby was not to be punished, her Dinner mate was going to be.

Keeva does NOT look happy and poor Shabby looked kinda sick LOL

both are freaking out a bit wondering what the punishment is.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Apparently, the punishment is that Caoimhe has been made to sit in a room covered with pictures of Ben and Shabby and their conversations in the background with just boring sandwiches and water.
I'm not on the live feed right now, but it really doesn't sound like much of a punishment...

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Nominations revealed to the HMs (while Caoimhe is still off being punished):

Shabby rolls her eyes when her name is called out. Dave smiles weakly. Govan laughs, but puts a hand to his mouth. Ben sorta shrugs knowingly.

BB says they will have a task to save themselves.

Task is being set up in the garden now.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
hah that's perfect.

I just watched it on the official site. Scabby Kajagoogoo and Kay OH Me then whatever her name is. He kept making fun of her unreadable name.

And both were warned to never reveal the tree to anyone else. I wonder how long that will last.

At 13:00 Big Brother, with a tip off from the Tree, handed out a punishment to Caoimhe for Shabby letting slip about last night's dinner. Caoimhe will be made to sit in a confined room, with only water and bland sandwiches to keep her company. Whilst in the room, which has been adorned with photographs of Ben and Shabby, Caoimhe will have listen to a conversation between pair.... on repeat! But how long for? As ever, that's at Big Brother's discretion.

Caoimhe hasn't been in too long, but already exclaims 'What is this Big Brother? You weirdo! I don't want to hear Ben's voice, why are you playing this to me?'

So she's been in there listening to a Ben and Shabby conversation over and over for an hour now.

They really are following the forums this year.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
The save and replace task involves balancing on a micro scooter. Apparently Shabby is the only one who used to have a scooter. They sound dipped through the instructions, so all I know is they have to avoid some sort of obstacle - cones, maybe?

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
there are cones set up at the bottom of a slope. The HM cannot put their foot down.

everyone is decked out in skin tight Luge lycra type suits.

Stillllll waiting.

at this point the house seems to think Keeva is waiting for them in the garden.

OH the comp is starting righ now

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
This competition was totally designed for Shabby to win. And she has.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
She replaced herself with Mario.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
BB has been going out of his way to keep Shabby in the house. It is not at all surprising that the POV competition was geared to her. Just like the punishment for her talking about the tree was given to Caoimhe. If she had been put in a room having to listen to herself and Ben argue, she would have pitched a fit and that wouldn't endear her to the public. A more fitting punishment would have been that she wasn't allowed to participate in the POV competition.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
this task was so lame. Once shabby had won on her second attempt, she was All supportive and helpful with the others.

considering how decent everyone was by attempt three, i think it was mean not to let them practice first. Only Shab had EVER been on a scooter before.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
BB actually told them NOT to practice when they got their gear.

Muse

08-09-2001

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Grr. I like Mario, so I am irritated that Shabby put him up.

I suppose the bright side (so to speak) is that she didn't put up Sunshine. I don't like Sunshine as much as Mario, but I do think that Sunshine might have possibly gone out if she was nominated. With Mario up, Govan is virtually guaranteed to leave. I don't think he (or Shabby) have any idea, though. :-)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Shabby just now is saying how sure she is that Mario and Govan are safe, and she's not sure whether it will be Dave or Ben.

I hope its Govan. Another of that group will go and they will all freak out.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-( If Ben or Mario go I'll be throwing fits!! ;) I think it will be Govan, unless they think that Dave is boring and "dead wood" and he should go - often people can't be bothered to vote unless they really dislike someone though.

The US POV always seems geared to the person they want to save. It was very unfair of them not to be able to practice if Shabby was the only one who had ridden a scooter before. Depressing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
People on DS are saying Shabby and Caoimhe discussed who to put up if she won the task... don't know if that's against the rules or not but some of them are mad about it.

Here's who nominated whom:

Ben: Govan (doesn't trust him), Shabby (bad temper)
Caoimhe: Sunshine (spoilt child), Ben (spoilt, says wrong thing)
Corin: Ben (puts his hand in cereal!), Mario (streaks!)
Dave: Govan (can't be trusted), Shabby (overreacts)
Govan: Dave (involved in creating arguments), Ben (out of order)
Ife: Ben (influences noms), Dave (same sex marriage)
John James: Caoimhe (b words), Shabby (goes too far)
Josie: Dave (gay marriage), Ben (underhand last night)
Mario: Govan (sets off rows), Shabby (influences Caoimhe and Ife)
Nathan: Sunshine (annoys him), Ben (whispers all the time)
Shabby: Ben (manipulative), Dave (preaching)
Steve: Govan (stirs up trouble), Ben (rubs hms the wrong way)
Sunshine: Caoimhe (don't know each other), Nathan (food issues)

Ben: 8 noms
Dave, Govan, Shabby: 4

Caoimhe, Sunshine: 2
Mario, Nathan: 1
Corin, Ife, John James, Josie, Steve: 0

Interesting John James didn't get any noms! And Dave's comments about same sex marriage came back to bite him.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Those who dislike Ben and/or Mario would most likely dislike Mario and/or Ben if that makes sense. Which means they'd be splitting the vote. There might be some that dislike Dave but do they dislike him enough to spend money to get him out? Govan should have the most people who dislike him enough to pick up a phone. He has an irritating personality. While he does bring fireworks to the show, he does it in the worst way. Underhanded and sly is not usually popular. While Ben might irritate people, he is open about it, in your face and upfront with his opinions and stays true to them. I'd think that is more show worthy than underhanded. I'd rather have Shabby out, but I really think Govan will go.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think he's mostly likely to too. No one particularly seems to like Dave, but I don't think they dislike him enough to vote, and likely you say, hopefully Ben and Mario will split votes.

Here's some overday boring, I mean thrilling, twitters:

10:19 Govan is really happy that he has received pictures and letters from his friends and family
11:01 Shabby is telling Caoimhe about her Tree of Tempation task she had yesterday
11:33 The tree of temptation has just spoken to Caoimhe and Shabby!
11:56 John James is telling the housemates how much he wants a pet monkey
13:32 Nominations have been revealed and the housemates facing eviction have been given a task
13:50 Caoimhe is still getting her punishment in a secret room, housemates are beginning to wonder where she is
14:00 Mario and John are helping Ben get ready for his task, he's now in a lush red PVC jumpsuit!
15:37 Shabby is telling Govan that he is 'real' and not a bad person
15:51 Caoimhe has been called to the Diary Room, after laying on the floor for her punishment
17:48 Sunshine is worried she has upset John because she put some soap in his hair

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm seeing rumours that three new housemates will be brought into the house soon, but I haven't found a really reliable source for the rumours...

I do remember Davina saying at the launch that none of the potentials who weren't chosen will be going in now, so I think they will be completely new people if there are some newbies.

It seems a bit early for more - they should wait a couple of weeks.