TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 21, 2010 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 2:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
haven't seen that anywhere else about Josie, but I try to banish her from my mind as much as possible.

Last nights HL show...
"Day 10, 9:29 am. Coirin has been doing her make up for 3 hours and 12 minutes." Wow. And she looks like she has leather skin. Although she has looked a lot better on the feeds than she did going in and in her official photo.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Yikes! JJ and Josie going at it. Josie's in a bad mood today and she and JJ were clowing a bit ago, but all of a sudden I heard him going off. I don't know what happened, but Josie must have said she must have felt like smacking him or something, because Govan was begging her not to, as she would be booted and it wasn't worth it.

Govan was telling JJ something about "she's upset" and JJ acted surprised and headed straight for the DR. Guess he's decided better to go in there and yell instead of in front of the HM's.

Josie brought up Rachel, saying "She didn't even say anything to him" inferring he went off on her too.

Lol, yesterday or today Josie said she liked JJ...thought he was hot (without mentioning any others as before) and now JJ is going off on her. He must NOT like girls liking him, lol...either that or he just can't handle it.

Re Shabby and her "romance" with Keeva, last night on DS, everyone was infuriated with her because I guess she set this 'script' in the DR about her having an unrequited love on the show.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Updated to above post:

It appears that Josie snapped @ JJ...sorry to miss that, lol. He said something he shouldn't have? He went to DR and is crying now. Says he doesn't want Josie to be upset. Yesterday he told Ben that SS was sensitive.

Why couldn't he see that Rachel was sensitive also. Didn't he make fun of for crying and now he's crying because he said Josie wouldn't stop. OMG! I so hope Rachel is watching the live feeds right now.

Mario is telling him it's because they are like brother and sister and that's why the spat. Lol...JJ doesn't like hearing her going on and on. Kettle Pot Black!

Davina is going to have a field day with this situation...I hope!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
JJ seems to be packing. What? Karma bites him; he loses a fight to a girl and now he wants to take his toys and go home? Way to act like a baby.

Meanwhile, outside Josie is asking if someone would go and get her divorce papers, lol. JJ was one of her pretend husbands.

The other peeps have convinced Josie to go make up with JJ in the bedroom, but at first she said something like, "His royal highness can get off his horse and come to me."

However, now Josie has gone in the bedroom and JJ is crying on her shoulder...literally.

How old is this guy? All Rachel had to do was tell him off and she might still be there. He can dish it out, but absolutely can't take it. I think Josie might be over her crush on him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
09:31 Big Brother has just woken up housemates with a shrill alarm
10:00 Shabby is telling Nathan she feels awkward about telling Caoimhe she fancied her last night
10:50 Ben tells Dave he is a control freak and as a result he is finding living as part of a group tough
11:47 Steve is mad that someone has eaten his cake
11:56 Housemates are asking Sunshine about being a vegan
13:00 Housemates have just been given today's task - a game called endurance Humpty Dumpty
13:30 6 housemates must dress up as Humpty Dumpty and 6 more must be All the Queen's Horses and all the Queen's men!
13:32 Sunshine will take on the role of the Queen as she is allergic to eggs!
14:17 The endurance Humpty Dumpty Task is now underway
15:25 Shabby has told Caoimhe that if she leaves on Friday that she will go with her
16:17 Housemates have just been told they have 5 minutes before the Humpty Dumpty task ends
17:18 Nathan is not happy with the fact that people take advantage of his cooking. He just vented his anger in the Kitchen
17:53 Ife is having a rant in the Bathroom, she is not happy with Ben
19:22 John has tears running down his face
19:45 Josie and John are having a deep conversation in the Bedroom

Shabby seems to be dragging out her "storyline" today, what with declaring she's going to leave with Caoimhe. I so hope she gets evicted this week. Seems like Ben might get a few nominations too, but I hope the audience would want him to stay.

I have a theory... JJ changed so abruptly after that diary room session where they told him he was being too aggressive to Rachael. I wonder if he had done something in the past and had gone into therapy for it - it just seemed like he wouldn't have regretted it so much so suddenly if he hadn't understood something, like maybe it clicked with him that he was repeating a previous behaviour. And this time with Josie, running straight into the DR and even crying... something complicated is going on with him.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It might be that JJ realizes what he looked like to the voting public and is trying to gain sympathy. OR he tried the same garbage on Josie and she struck back. It's almost as if he attacks whoever he thinks is the most attractive female in the house. Will he just go through them all?

Something I just don't get. Not only the housemates seem to ignore Josie sucking her thumb, but those on the outside discuss her as one of the front runners without mentioning it either. I was half asleep when I watched the you tube of BBLB but the woman who thinks Josie will win never said a word about the thumb. Josie was sucking her thumb while eating. I've never even seen babies do that. I've heard one theory about smoking that it's a substitute to other oral fixations such as thumb sucking. Well, she does both so that shoots that theory down. It not only amazes me that no one says anything, but also that she is not at all embarrassed by it. Strange people in the UK... They seem to be much more tolerant of odd behavior than we are.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Thank you Mama for your post about Josie's thumb sucking! I really thought I was the only one it drove crazy. I did notice on BBBM after the eviction, they were talking about Josie and the only person who brought up the thumb sucking was the American guy from Arizona! Davina and some others agreed with him that it was odd, but they just kept on going past it. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it looks creepy to me.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I still haven't seen the thumb sucking! I more listen than watch so probably miss a lot of the subtle stuff.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
You're definitely not the only one who is bothered by the adult thumb sucking. Maybe for some reason it's not a big deal in the UK. On the feed chat the only other person who is seriously bothered by it that I have noticed is also American. Her teeth have always looked slightly off, it appears to be a minor case of that dental condition that people get from chronic thumb sucking.

Also when she eats and very loudly and obviously goes "MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm", it sounds like somebody trying to get their baby to eat. It also sounds so false like she is doing it just to get attention.

I really don't understand how she could be liked so much, though she does get points for standing up to the psycho stalker.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I have a theory... JJ changed so abruptly after that diary room session where they told him he was being too aggressive to Rachael. I wonder if he had done something in the past and had gone into therapy for it - it just seemed like he wouldn't have regretted it so much so suddenly if he hadn't understood something, like maybe it clicked with him that he was repeating a previous behaviour. And this time with Josie, running straight into the DR and even crying... something complicated is going on with him.

Interesting theory, Kitt. The other hm's have said that JJ is very close to his mother. I'm wondering if she's kept him too close and protected him too much, while treating him like a baby. He must be lost without her to fight his battles for him. If he has been agressive in the past and received treatment for it, would BB let him in?

ROFLMAO @ today's highlights show on now with Corin in the DR. BB: "Corin, if BB told you you had a lovely body, would you hold it against him?"

Corin: "Hold my body against you, BB? You cheeky thing."

This after not understand one word of the poetry reading, lol. She is hysterical.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Honestly, thumb sucking is NOT common in adults in the UK! I think her accent has a lot to do with why she's liked, or at least gives her an advantage. She is a complete West Country stereotype, which is kind of amusing for us to watch.

In the highlights show JJ just told a story about his dad dying in an accident a couple of years ago. I guess that could account for him being so quick with his temper, there's probably a lot bottled up there. Also why he's protective of his mum, and a possible reason for my (made up) theory about him having had some sort of counselling that BB's comment reconnected him to. Psychologically I find him very interesting but he can't go around being a psycho!

Love Corin! She's become my favourite since Mario slipped into the background after de-mole-ing.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i havent watched the full Josie JJ fight but he Called her FAT

surely everyone here can see how offensive that was.

he is an emotional child it seems. Josie has been his mommy figure in the house and when she reprimands him JJ lashes out.

My theory based NOT on fact ;) I havent seen it yet

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Yes, he called her fat I think after she said something about his breath. The problem is after he started crying, many of the HM's felt bad for him and really encouraged Josie to go make nice with him. I wish the HM's would have stayed out of it and let Josie wait until JJ came to her and apologized.

No one seems to be holding JJ accountable for his childlike behavior. It's unacceptable. I do think he might be getting some noms this week, however.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
While I don't really think thumb sucking is common among adults in the UK, I do think people there are more tolerant of odd behavior. There was the fellow who brought all those dolls in with him. I forget his name but he was there the year of Ziggy and Chanele. Kat of Cookie monster fame was kind of odd and didn't a transexual win one year? Brian Below won playing an idiot. Pete something with the Tourettes won. They were different but well accepted by the housemates and the public. I think they wouldn't have been accepted in general in the US.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
yes i'm watching the whole thing on archives. JJ is lying thru his tears in the closet to Mario, Sunshine, Steve, Dave and Corin. Claiming that he didnt say anything and she attacked him verbally and wouldnt stop.

He said the same basic stuff as when he would attack Rachel. JJ claims josie went on and on and wouldnt stop. he claims he asked her to quit and she kept attacking him so he HAD TO do something. He claims he didnt do anything or say anything to get her angry.

Time is 6:30 their time. I'm now watching 7:49pm and they are supposed to make up soon.

((thumb sucking is usually done in private to self sooth. since she is on tv, it is impossible to hide))

ok, this is stupid!!!! 7:49 and JJ is in the bedroom dramatically packing cause he says he is now going to be evicted next because of his behaviour.

Josie marches in and says
Dont be stupid -put your stuff back and stop being an idiot. Birds

((feed cut to living room mario))

j-why didnt you say, josie please give it a rest.

jj- WHat? infront of everyone?? (said with an incredulous tone)

BIRDs
j- but that is the way it is in here.

jj but I, but I did not ride you- not not even close to (he pauses)-

j oh what? so you didnt then?

JJ ya it was but i told you stop,but you didnt. why didnt you stop?

j well i learnt my lesson so you dont have to pack up your stuff do ya?

JJ bursts into tears and bawls like a baby so Josie tries to console him.
josie says softly dont be stupid, dont be an idiot.
jj says nothing but continues theatric sobs

Josie says thanks i feel really guilty now

and promptly sucks her thumb to calm herself

Feed change Livingroom

jonathan james from this time forward, whenever you have a headache (birds)

we see JJ supposedly sobbing into his Elbow. I want to make it clear, we never SEE tears, all we see is hiding face and sounds.

later we see wiping eyes but no close ups.

Josie looks off in opposite area- detached.
josie says very softly, I feel bad, man.

JJ looks up and STARTS mouthing off again !!

JJ i feel bad because YOU just made me start! do you know what i mean? i would never say that to anyone in my life!

josie breaks in and BIRDS as the argument starts up again

jj if I ever

birds

JJ but you kept going and going and going and going. And when i asked you to stop you said 'Oooooh what you going to do? you are going to warn me?'

j says I didnt say that!

JJ oh well, whatever you said. i just wasnt in the mood

j well neither was i - so why go on about it?

Birds

JJ looks directly at the camera as he talks about staying to have a good time.

(i'm out))

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Well I think I've figured it out. John James is only happy when he is having a "go" at someone. As soon as he makes up with one or gets them voted out, he will move on to the next. He just seems to find fault with everyone.

OR... he just knows that constant arguing gives him more camera time.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anyone know what they were arguing about late today (about 5pm board time)? Twitter makes it seem like it was more than just a JJ/Josie thing.

00:48 Housemates are having arguments again
01:14 The housemates are trying to clear the air in the Living Room but it doesn't seem to be working...
01:43 Things seem to have calmed down in the House now and Nathan has gone to the Diary Room.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
yes kitt. The proverbial sht hit the Fan.

JJ blabbed to Govan a private comment about Shabby that Ben made to JJ.

Govan ran promptly to Shab and the others and told them what Ben said.

Then Ben was confronted and All heck ended up breaking loose.

Ben was told that he should approach shabby and try to explain. When he did, all his Buddies abandoned him except mario.

Mario played sympathetic sidekick and Later went back to Shab's group and sucked up. I am now anti Mario.

Govan and JJ, who started this whole schmozzle, sat quietly without saying a word starring at floor basically trying not to smirk.

So as it sits, BEN is in big trouble, JJ has deflected blame from himself. Govan started running back n forth as soon as half the house headed for bed.

Govan even snuck in to whisper in BEN's ear that he was WITH ben!!! then gallops back out to Shab and the shabbettes

seriously crazy night

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
oh and i missed saying that the first stage of the nights craziness started off with Ben having at JJ for his Loose Lips.

Why did he tell Govan? what purpose?

JJ simply deflected blame.

It was classic BB

IF anyone needs/ wants direct times of this so they can watch archives.. I can dig it up

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
And the comment was -Ben told JJ that he saw Shabby looking happy and rubbing her hands together when she thought JJ might be walking out. JJ said this to Govan and Josie, and Govan went straight to Shabby.

Muse

08-09-2001

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muse a private message Print Post    
Govan is a little snake. He instigated a LOT of what happened today (encouraging Josie to make fun of John James, making Josie paranoid about what Ben was saying to John James, and especially telling Shabby what Ben said), yet BEN is the one being accused of being the gossip. And what's more, he went to Ben and smooth-talked him so that he probably won't even get nominated tomorrow.

I'm sort of impressed. And repulsed. :-)

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
looking happy like she's rubbing her hands in glee.

When I heard Ben say it, the FIRST time, it was apparent he was speaking metaphorically.

unfortunately, his use of Language far exceeds the other Less intelligent housemates. For instance, the thing everyone is focused on is Whether Shabby really DID rub her hands together.

How silly.

The gloating Shabby was doing was obvious. poor ben has got caught in a no win situation because people dont understand his ability to speak

bad news Having friends screwing Ben over-- like Dave, who told JJ that he was there when Ben made the comment and said that HE never saw Shabby rubbing her hands.

arggghhh Its a Metaphor geez

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
LOL agreed muse.

Govan is playing the House. I give him one more week before someone clues in... other than Ben who has him pegged.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, June 21, 2010 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Shabby's Tree of Temptation Task (Like she needs more air time, but....)

At 15:38 this afternoon, The Tree of Temptation asked Shabby to have a close encounter with Ben.

The cheeky Tree grabbed a few moments with Shabby, or as he calls her 'Scabby', whilst she was bathing her feet in the Bathroom.

The mission? Shabby has to stay within arms length of Ben until 5pm today. If Ben moves rooms, Shabby has one minute to catch up with him and be back within arm's length. She also has to pay him 20 compliments.

If she completes her mission, she will win a very special treat for herself and a friend. However, if she fails, she will face the wrath of the Tree...!

Before she was allowed to impart on her mission, the tree had one more piece of advice - 'Stop saying heinous!'

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, June 21, 2010 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Darn I always miss the tree tasks.
Perfect task for Scabby, did she fail it?