TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 17, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 17, 2010 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Dave won't marry same sex people?!?! That doesn't even slightly make sense considering his background.

People are allowed, by law, to have religious views and to make their own decisions.

here in Canada there has been quite a few court cases in which people have tried to Force Justice of Peace/ Ministers/ priests to marry same sex even tho it is not allowed in the Doctrine of their PERSONAL beliefs.

i'm constantly amazed at the views that Religious people arent Allowed the right to their Freedom of Speech.

I watched the Bit where Josie and others were trying to Pressure Dave into saying something Meanspirited. Instead he refused the topic saying HE wouldnt Judge. When directly asked if he would marry same sex he simply said NO and gave a short comment as to his personal beliefs.

I thought people were allowed their views due to religious freedoms.

In the chat I was in, everyone said Dave was going to be hated as a Zealot.

how strange. Since when is "i dont judge others" considered a bad thing?

anyways, I dont wish to continue any kind of religion debate here. there so many different types of Christians, types of Catholics, types of Muslims etc that it gets extrememly complex.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
oh and I should add that i do NOT endorse David and any of his views.

His Charismatic "drunk on the Holy Spirit" stuff sounds a little like Mania to me.

or hysteria.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
okay, the adult thumb sucking has to stop. And why does nobody in there say a word about it?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I agree, Flagg - it was the first thing I noticed and found cringey on the feeds and no one says anything about it! I really like Josie but I find it hard to watch when she walks into a room, sits down and pops that thumb in her mouth!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
As of this morning - Shabby currently has short odds of 1/3 to get the boot, according to Paddy Power. Sunshine is rated at 11/4, while Rachael is expected to be safe with odds of 10/1.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't say Dave couldn't make that choice, I said it didn't make sense he would think that way considering his ermmm, how shall I put it, "free" life style. I expect when people are "anything goes" that they'd be open minded enough to not be anti gay marriage. Apparently group sex, drugs and alcohol binges are absolutely fine for Dave, but two people who love each other getting married and trying to live happily ever after like the rest of us... whoa, not so acceptable. That's all, it seemed very hypocritical regardless of his religious beliefs.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hope those odds predict the winner - I'd really like Shabby to go. I don't feel I've seen much of Rachel.

Not much seemed to happen today but here are some overnight/day twitters:

08:18 Corin is singing Hopelessly Devoted to You in the Bathroom
09:49 Ben say he doesn't understand why some housemates are running around asking for secret tasks in the night when they should be...
09:56 John and Josie are in the shower together!
10:20 Shabby and Caoimhe are chatting in the Garden, Shabby is saying how much she wants a secret task
11:40 Govan and John are telling Josie if she wants to hang out with them that she needs to start being nicer
12:35 HMs have received this week's shopping task announced by George Lamb!
13:26 Josie and John have been chatting in bed together for over an hour! Could they flirt anymore?
13:51 All housemates have been called to the couch apart from Sunshine and Ben who remain in the bedroom
14:06 Ben and Sunshine's part of the shopping task has begun!
14:55 Govan has just said that his bitching isn't malicious
16:44 Big Brother just played the wake up alarm into the house to interrupt Caoimhe's nap!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Now they're doing a task (still part of the shopping list task I think) called "Munchermind."

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Yes, this task is part of the entire shopping task - the housemates will each take part in one of three pilot game shows that could take the place of Big Brother next summer.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They're showing the nomination switch on the highlights show... what a horrible thing to have to do. And then someone, possibly Shabby, shouted "why" or something, as if he'd made the worst decision ever. Got to feel sorry for him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Does anyone who's seen more of the live feeds than me have an idea what's going on between Rachael and John James? From today's show it seems like she's very nice and he's just being weird.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen today's show yet, took my granddaughter to the zoo, but I think JJ is attracted to Rachel but thinks she's out of his league so he has to find something wrong with her. I've seen women do that, but men can do it too. Although most men don't think anyone is out of their league.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
they got £200 from the first two parts of the shopping task (the 3rd part is tomorrow), so they'll have at least as much this week as last with one fewer person.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It must be something like that MamaB. I don't know how otherwise he can "hate" someone so quickly, and even need others to hate and ignore her too. There must be something else going on. It seems very schoolboy but with an adult's intensity. Definitely weird.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
yes I agree. Dave seems hypocritical in some of his ideals.

As for JJ he has got a bee in his bonnet. Over sensitive to any glance from Rachel. I still say he is used to being the Hot guy...and rachel likes Nathan!

Since this attack on Rachel shortly after she was put up for eviction, I think JJ is doing it for the drama so Rachel will STAY in the house.

JJ knows Bigbrother. He knows that Drama and potential fights will often keep a person IN. Especially when up against Shabby.

he's playin the game

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Rachel was talking at the dinner table and said something about how she didn't know how it would be on the outside if she went Friday and JJ went off off on her in an angry way. Rachel left the table and was crying. Corin told JJ off because she thought he was talking to her, but she apologized later. JJ now feels he was harsh and has talked all night to peeps to try to get reassurance that he wasn't too harsh. I expect another long discussion with JJ/Rachel tomorrow where he is supposed to apologize, but will insult her again instead, lol.

After hearing him for an umpteenth time, Josie told JJ that the truth was he liked Rachel more than he wanted to admit. She was upset that he keeps going on about it.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Tonight on the feed JJ mentioned Rachael saying to Big Brother how she loved herself, which was from her VT. She went in like 4th, long before JJ so he saw it and pre-judged her before he even went in the house and met her.

She was also massively booed after her VT, which Dave saw so he was quite obviously lying when he claimed that she was loved outside and would be safe. Luckily she is safe anyway, despite Dave's game playing.

Showing them the VTs as they went in was a big mistake. It gave the later HMs an unfair advantage and made them all a lot more guarded since they saw the public reaction to them before they entered the house.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Apparently, they're going to be doing a Glee-themed task later in the series (Channel 4's sister network E4 carries the series in the UK)..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a228828/big-brother-to-feature-glee-task.html

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A Glee task would be great!

I completely agree about the inequalities of the VTs, the early people saw none, the later people know everyone's secrets and what the audience thought of them.

BBLB is showing a clip of the guys in the garden with Sunshine. Most said she was safe, then JJ said he thinks it's between her and Rachel. Another reason why Shabby should go!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some not very exciting twitter highlights:

09:36 Rachael is nervous about the task today, she says her 'stomach is flipping'
10:23 John has just told Dave that he thought he had a game plan but that he doesn't think that anymore
10:42 Sunshine, John and Dave are discussing nominations and who will be up next week
11:04 Rachael admits she hasnt washed her hair since she's been in the House
12:20 John has just told Sunshine that he thinks the eviction will be between Shabby and Rachael and that she will be ok maybe I misheard what they showed on BBLB
13:20 Josie is talking about hermaphrodite chickens..
13:59 Nathan just flashed his bits to Josie!
15:15 Shabby has just told Rachael and Josie that she really fancies Caoimhe
15:58 Govan, Mario, Rachael, Ife, Caoimhe and John James will be taking part in the final part of this week's shopping task.
16:03 The housemates are taking part in a 'rubbish' based game. They will be given protective gear as part of their task!
17:22 Rachael, John James and Mario are currently stood in big bins full of rubbish trying to find answers to the quiz questions
18:15 The quiz is now over.
18:25 The housemates have been gathered on the sofas to hear how they got on in this week's shopping task!

More nomination talk!!? They need to give better punishments!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Rachael and John James are arguing again.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
JJ is not doing himself any favor by harassing Rachel. If the public likes her or not, they are going to end up hating him for the way he won't just let it go.

What's wrong with these people that they cannot just have their say and shut up? The way they go on and on makes them look like fools and bullies.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
JJ started up again with Rachael - he said she was talking loudly to Govan about how she hates that people think she's fake, etc., and JJ felt that she was doing it on purpose - just so he would hear her. I think then he kicked off, she of course started crying & saying he's ruining her time here. They are now in different corners with everyone else trying to calm them down. They keep switching the feed back and forth between people so it's hard to keep up.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Josie just tried to explain to JJ that when the public sees that fight, they will feel sorry for Rachael and keep her in and if he wants to stay, he should make nice with her. He said he would never do that because he wouldn't do it in real life. He just knows he's gonna be gone next week anyway.

This is just about the strangest guy ever - what in the world is he gaining by all this Rachael-hate? He is not making sense and across the board everyone is getting annoyed with him because they're trying so hard to get him to lay off.