TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 07, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 07, 2010 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't usenet or torrent, so I like to see it live if I can, or the youtubes will do otherwise. I just don't like waiting too long for it!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The official website is up and running:

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/

Not much up yet though, and interview with Davina, bios of the presenters, and clips from old seasons.

I checked the tv guide... no live show listed for the Wednesday (one week from launch). I guess they're safe for the first week and a half.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh and rumour going round that the house is going to be a Willy Wonka Wonderland!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
You are better off not using torrents anyway as since it automatically uploads to others while you are downloading, it poses more of a risk than straight downloading via usenet or other sources. Though I haven't heard of E4 pursuing anyone for copyright issues. They even seem to allow Youtube for the most part as long as they aren't viewable in the UK.

Though the justin.tv streams seem to be shut down awfully quickly.

I prefer usenet over youtube as the quality is so much better and its easier to watch on my TV via the PS3.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
From the Ch 4 website - some good news:

The Live Feed is Back!

Yes that's right, you got it, the live feed is returning for the final series!

As soon as all housemates have entered on launch night, the live feed will begin and all of you lucky fans can have 24 hour access to the House once again.

This is exclusively available online for a small fee. For a day pass it is just 49p, a weekly pass is £1.99 and for the whole series it will only cost you £14.99. Bargain! You will also be able to watch the live feed on E4 at certain times during the day; however, the only place to get 24 hour access is right here!

For all of you super Big Brother fans Channel 4 are also kindly giving away 1000 free season passes. The giveaway will begin on Tuesday 8th June at 7pm, but hopefuls must register at channel4.com/bigbrother for the chance to win.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Now, the live internet feed is not available outside the UK but there are some good streaming sites out there and hopefully they won't be taken down too quickly!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
WOW! I never thought they'd do that! The fee is very reasonable too. Only bad thing for us over here would be that with money involved Ch4 will be more actively hunting out and turning off streams.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Excellent news! Might be able to get it to play with some clever proxy settings, but that doesn't solve anything if they won't take American credit cards or paypal. though even that might be worked around with the purchase of one time use UK credit cards. Time to get cracking on fooling those UK IP filters.

I hope there are streaming sites, though since they are charging for it now they might be more aggressive in shutting them down.

Everyone be sure to keep any links in PMs and don't post anything publicly.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow the house is colourful!!

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/image-gallery/2010/Jun/5/big-brother-house-is-revealed/display.c4

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Apparently, what will happen on launch night is that they'll bring everyone that made it to the final interviews (about 80 people or so)- and then announce live who will be going in the house. The producers haven't settled on the final list yet- or even how many are going in the house (12-14 to start, but they've admitted more will likely go in).

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I'm a little dizzy just looking at the pictures of the house! I can't seem to make up my mind about it... some of it is amazing and some is kind of scary... those clowns...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if any of the 80 will have clown phobias?! Crazy house...

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
LOL Kitt - I wonder how many of us will develop clown phobias?

Bourque77

05-02-2006

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bourque77 a private message Print Post    
http://live247.tv/vai/
offers live stream of BBUK, 3 month subscription for about $28 US
I've signed up, and we'll see if it works on launch night

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
here are pics of 79 of the 80 potential HG's...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a223980/meet-big-brother-11-hopeful-housemates.html

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Quite a varied lot! Bit too much to take in.

All 80 are at the main site, but in a really annoying format where you keep having to scroll down to see info.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/image-gallery/2010/Jun/8/exclusive-housemate-hopefuls-revealed/display.c4

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you must need a bigger monitor. =) I don't have to scroll down except to click on some of the other photos.

But 80(!) hopefuls is just way too many. I really hope they don't let the public decide, or if they do its only for a couple of the slots.

Strange to see a few Americans in there. As far as I remember they've had people who've lived in America but were originally from the UK. (Darnell, Cairon...)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Bourque77-
Looking at their schedule it seems they are just providing streams of what is broadcast on TV and not the full 24/7 internet feed.

There should be a lot of free streams that will show pretty much everything as well.

As for the 80 hopefuls, at least we will be able to see the group from which they will pick later replacement housemates.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But will they pick later people from that group? Now they've been revealed the papers will be all over them, and they usually don't like that.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Maybe not, though how many potential housemates can they really have waiting in the wings? In past seasons it always seemed like a lot of them knew each other from auditions, even those put in later.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when the season/show ends? I think I just made a doctor's appointment for the Friday of the final. If so, I'll have to change it. I know where my priorities are.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lol, I think it's meant to be 13 weeks, so that makes it... around the week of 8th of September, probably that Friday 10th. It could be a week either way though.

Talking of dates, I just checked the tv schedule and they have the first eviction happening on Friday 18th June, and still no Davina shows before that.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Davina is doing the launch isn't she?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sorry, yes, she'll be doing the launch. I just thought with the launch being on a Wednesday we'd see a Davina show or at least a live task, some time between then and the Friday of the week after.