TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 23, 2010 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Starts some time in June!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 07, 2010 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Apparently Ch4 have filmed an advert for the final season, showing the funeral of the diary room chair. Lots of ex-housemates were there, and allegedly (according to The Sun) fighting.

Pics and story here:

>>>link to thesun.co.uk

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, May 10, 2010 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Pictures from the "funeral" ad are up on the Channel 4 website http://www.channel4.com/programmes/big-brother/pictures
It's kind of fun to see all the old HM's - some of whom I had a hard time recognizing!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 10, 2010 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mario's looking old(er)! I don't recognise them all either. Good to see Pete. I see Aisleyne dresses as classily as ever.

If you go to "BB's Best series" at that link, the voting has closed, but they still have clips of each season up, including Alex doing "that's the way I like it!"

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 10, 2010 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Seeing that is bad for me!! The only Big Brother I don't remember seeing a substantial part of is BB5. I might have to waste more hours of my life watching youtubes of it...

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, May 10, 2010 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
You really should go back and watch BB5, Kitt. There are so many crazy things in it - fight night was not the only memorable part of that season!
I didn't recognize Sara from BB9 at all but she looks really pretty.

Eugene!!! I loved Eugene!!! I just recognized him in one of the pictures.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 10, 2010 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The BB11Final twitter I watch (listen to, not sure how you say it!) said Ch4 have announced George Lamb is presenting both BBLB and BBBM this year, and that there won't be live feeds. I can't find the proper announcement but that's what they're saying.

I loved Eugene too!

Yep, I watched BB5 launch night already, instead of doing anything more useful, and I might just have time to watch the next episode now, if I rush everything else in my life! Ha ha... the perils of Big Brother!!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, May 10, 2010 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
No. Live. Feeds. That is truly depressing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just popped into Digital Spy, they've had a makeover - looks good. Probably the same old people on there though ;)
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/

Not much new there so far.

I'm hoping "no live feeds" refers to computer live feeds or the dedicated satellite channel they used to have. I'm hoping they'll still have the early afternoon and late night tv live feeds, even though usually everyone's in bed.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, May 14, 2010 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
No live feeds at all? God I hope not. I don't think they could be referring to the way its been for a few years, as that would be nothing "new".

If there truly are no feeds at all the BB UK has already been canceled and this show should be called something else.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, May 14, 2010 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Latest rumor for launch date is Wednesday, June 9th and the possibility of a special episode that following Friday. Not officially announced though - just what a lot of chatters are believing right now.

I have searched high and low for information about the live feeds and can find nothing definitive. Considering we're still close to 4 weeks out though, it may be awhile until Channel 4 releases any official info.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 14, 2010 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
E4 (the channel that usually has the overnight live feed) has little but reruns during the day, so I can't see why they wouldn't think showing the live feeds at night was an improvement! There must be quite a lot viewers for the first few hours. TV schedules are usually out about two weeks before a date.

A start on Wednesday and something special on Friday sounds fun. Either an evil task or an early eviction.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Daily Star posted some aerial pics of the BB house garden. There's a big round thing in there that looks like a kiln - maybe it's a sauna?! Also a merry go round theme...
http://www.bbspy.co.uk/0515/news/new-house-to-feature-a-merry-go-round

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
http://www.bbspy.co.uk/0516/news/increase-in-live-feed-for-bb11

One paper is claiming there will be a live feed and they are increasing it to about 3 hrs afternoons and adding evening time.

I miss BB AUS. It would have already been going for a while by now.

Justin42

08-05-2001

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
This is exciting and depressing at the same time, I never really watched the early BB UKs but have found the last 3-4 years' consistently much more entertaining than anything the US show can think up. I thought last year's summer show was great; not a lot of "memorable moments" like huge fights or whatever, but the interpersonal stuff was fantastic to watch, and what I love about BB...

Can't wait for it to get going...

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
There is an article in the Daily Star (so take it with a grain of salt) that Big Brother has gotten ahold of Zoltar, the Fortune Teller from the Tom Hanks movie, "Big" and are planning to put it in the garden. For a price, Zoltar will grant the HM's wishes (the price is a secret mission or task). This could be lots of fun - much like the Tree of Temptation in CBB7!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Very exciting! That tree of temptation was good, but once the secret was out, that it would talk to people, then people (Alex!) just hung out next to it.

I'm still waiting for the new eye to be revealed. They said the end of the week!

I have been wasting way too much time watching BB5. I can't believe, out of all the seasons not to see, that I missed that season! It was so long before they had an eviction, but now I'm up to the second one, and it's exciting to hear the audience reaction to the housemates at last! They hated the people I hate!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Kitt - you're making me want to watch BB5 again right along with you, but I know I cannot do that!

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
LOL its addictive. I've been watching marathons of BB. Wow it takes up hours and hours of my life.

Watched the nadia season, watched the Anthony season.

Both seasons proved that the USA concern that ALL the good contestants are voted out by the public is proved false. I really wish USA would go back to voting.

the fact that Russell on Survivor was a huge fan favourite should prove that the SAME thing could happen on Bigbrother.

anyways, i've heard that there are two possible startdates for BBUK.

sigh, i'm just worried that i will get completely addicted again. I liked UK so much that I chose to ignore USA feeds during the times UK was on.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Big Brother Eye Revealed:

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
From Thisisbigbrother.com:

The iconic Eye logo for the final series of Big Brother on Channel 4 this year has been revealed.

It consists of hundreds of vibrantly coloured flowers in the style of a funeral wreath, which tie in with the recent teaser trailers that have been airing on the channel.

Earlier this month, housemates from the past ten series attended a mock funeral for the Diary Room chair as previously reported.

A full trailer will air for the first time on Monday night after the first episode of Davina McCall's new Million Pound Drop gameshow.

A source said: "as the Diary Room chair is lowered into the ground the scene erupts into a colourful mardi gras as the true nature of the show is celebrated with a joyful explosion of confetti, carnival music and dancing."

David Williams, commissioning editor for Big Brother at Channel 4, commented: "Yes the series is ending and yes we wanted to mark that but we also wanted to show viewers that Big Brother is essentially an incredible entertainment show and there are plans afoot to ensure that a carnival atmosphere of fun and enjoyment will be at the forefront for what we hope will be a lively final series."

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't start it Sara, you'll have no life like me, because every spare minute you'll think, "I'll just watch one more episode...!"

Yey we have an eye! The tv guide now goes out to 4th June, and still no mention of BB. They have some specials though. Really odd that they have announced the start date.

The Channel 4 website is (almost) up:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/big-brother/

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The youtube user with the animal in his name has the Big Brother Awards Show posted. I haven't seen it yet but it's up!

PM me if you want to see it but can't find it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's the Dairy Chair funeral advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Qe--vEzqI&feature=player_embedded

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Whoa, if this is right it'll be something! On launch night, 100 contestants, all who've been through the normal checks, will compete for the 16 places in the house!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/136645/100-Big-Brother-contestants-to-fight-for-a-place-on-live-launch-night-/