TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Celebrity Big Brother - General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 07, 2010 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sara :-) I had the twitter feeds going, but there were so many of them all the time, that I unsubscribed.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
No problem Naja - Jonas is making a string instrument out of a water jug and rubber bands which would normally be rather boring, but the boy has great hands. Sov is irritated by the whole thing! They cut the sound when they play the music.. or cut to someone in the bedroom sleeping, so mostly it's kind of non-eventful.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
It's pretty much mandatory these days to have a virus checker running at ALL times while you are connected to the internet. To do otherwise is to guarantee you get infected with all sorts of malicious programs.

I've never had any problems with megaupload either, but then I also have all popups blocked with Firefox. I prefer usenet anyway, the shows usually get there first. Plus the feeds have been showing up very quickly as well.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have ABP running in Firefox, plus Norton. It's all ok though, don't want to make Naja feel bad! I love her shiny downloads, particularly right now as I've been kind of busy and unable to watch live.

That punishment is awful! It's getting on for 3.30am now, so if they're doing it now I guess they'll be doing it all night.

You're all right about Stephen being a bit creepy. And Alex is so full of himself and seems to continuously talk about the press hounding him, whilst strutting around without his shirt on! Hmmmmm. I think one of those two will be the first to go if everyone's up for eviction. I can't remember how they did it before... I guess they'll be nominating. If the nominate I think Stephen will be nommed, not sure about Alex. Actually if they are going to nominate, shouldn't they have done it by now? Maybe someone's going in not out on Friday.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Flagg, I never said for anybody to not to use their virus protection. I ALWAYS have mine on. I was just trying to explain their was nothing harmful on the page, despite the fact that her Norton was giving her hell.

And Flagg...I also use usenet. I have since 2004. That's where I get the shows in the first place to share with everyone. Before I upload them to megaupload, I change them to WMVs first to save sometimes over 100MB in the file size so the download is smaller for everyone, while keeping the quality intact.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I've read quite a bit about how much everyone has been paid - think they want to get their money's worth out of the celebs before they start kicking them out? Even if it's just the first week?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, say another goes in so there are 12, they'll probably want to keep at least eight for the final week, so they could afford to have this Friday off and then maybe two double evictions for the next two Fridays.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Then they can do one or two surprise evictions the last week! I love a good surprise eviction...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So far I like Stephanie, Sisqo. Think Heidi, Katia, Sov and Jonas are ok.

Hardly seen anything of Dane. Nicola is probably harmless.

Do not like Stephen or Alex. If I didn't know Vinnie from before I might think he's ok, but as I do, I'm still "booo" on him.

Anyone got any firm favourites yet?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I actually kind of like Vinnie... he seems rather interesting to me. I really don't like Stephen; I think it was Sun who said he's putting on with the religious thing and I agree with that. He was on I'm a Celebrity get Me out of Here last year and he wasn't like this. I like Katia and I really like Jonas. My son is a huge Basshunter fan, so I don't have a choice there. I think Nicola is trying really hard and I appreciate that in her, but if she gets nominated, I think she'll go.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Nicola seems to be trying to make conversation and include everybody, but I'm not sure she in herself is that interesting. Hard to know for sure though.

I liked Stephanie and Sisqo's conversation that was shown in today's show, where Sisqo said he didn't have to talk to anyone about his religion, he just has a straight line to God.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Stephen is funny when he's not spouting his religious BS. And he WAS doing the religious thing quite a bit on Im a Celebrity. Don't you remember him baptizing those Hills people in the river, and generally preaching all the time. Perhaps they were just more successful at keeping most of it edited out of the shows.

Vinnie is my favorite so far. I knew nothing of him previously but the negative comments I read here.

As for the antivirus thing, I wasn't trying to suggest anyone was saying not to use it, but the way the one comment was worded, it sounded like it was being recommended to use an antivirus program. I was pointing out that if you need to have that recommended, then you are already in a bit of trouble.

and I didnt make it clear but I only mentioned usenet in that context because for the most part, as long as you are careful it's pretty hard to accidentally get a virus or trojan from usenet. Though there has been an influx of malicious posters recently, they're usually easy to avoid.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Overnight (their daytime) twitter highlights, something actually happned today!:

Breathe in.... and breathe out... Stephanie does some morning meditation #CBB7 about 10 hours ago from web

Poor Sov and Jonas were kept awake by BB until 4am... the wake up alarm isn't going to be music to their ears! #CBB7 about 9 hours ago from web

Jonas says that it still took him ages to get back to sleep in the bedroom from exiting the punishment room #CBB7 about 9 hours ago from web

Stephen is telling Alex and Jonas that he took sword fighting and ballet classes while at acting school. #CBB7 about 8 hours ago from web

Katia and Jonas are playing in the snow. They are kicking snow balls and threatening to destroy 'Gustav' the snowman. #CBB7 about 7 hours ago from web

Sisqo is demonstrating a new dance called 'the reject' to Nicola. Nicola tries it too and her efforts impress him #CBB7 about 7 hours ago from web

12:01pm - Alex is wandering around the lounge in white underpants while Sisqo continues to teach Nicola the 'reject' dance. #CBB7 about 7 hours ago from web (remmeber Alex, it's manipulation of the press that makes you walk around in just undies)

12:45pm - Stephanie is talking about how much she enjoys skydiving #CBB7 about 6 hours ago from web

1:03pm -Katia tells Nicola that she doesn't fancy Jonas. "He's way too clean cut for me". #CBB7 about 6 hours ago from web

1:48pm - Dane and Nicola have joined Vinnie and Stephanie in the snug. "It's been a bit boring today hasn't it?" says Nicola. #CBB7 about 5 hours ago from web

2:00pm - Sisqo tells Nicola "You have beautiful feet, it looks like angels pedicured them". Stephanie then says she has nice feet too #CBB7 about 5 hours ago from web

2:28pm - Big Brother has just called all the male housemates to the diary room.... #CBB7 about 4 hours ago from web

2:36pm - Vinnie has taken the boys to the bedroom. He is explaining the rules for 'The Hunk Off' task they have just been given #CBB7 about 4 hours ago from web

2:40pm - Vinnie explains there will be 4 rounds, swimwear, evening wear, a talent show and a strength test #CBB7 about 4 hours ago from web

2:45pm - Stephen has just announced that he will not be participating in the 'Hunk Off' task out of respect to his wife. #CBB7 about 4 hours ago from web

3:00pm - Stephen has now decided that he is going to take part in the competition and is currently doing his hair in preparation. #CBB7 about 4 hours ago from web

3:07pm - As Alex starts doing press ups in the bedroom Vinnie jokes "If he was made of chocolate he'd eat himself wouldn't he?" #CBB7 about 4 hours ago from web

3:15pm - The boys and girls remain in their separate rooms, the girls are still oblivious as to what the boys will be doing shortly #CBB7 about 3 hours ago from web

3:19pm - The boys have been called back into the diary room and have just been given a selection of 'mankini's' for the swimwear round #CBB7 about 3 hours ago from web

3:37pm - Sisqo has just walked out of the bedroom with a razor and shaving cream...for his backside! #CBB7 about 3 hours ago from web

3:53pm - Lady Sov: "I think they're going to do some kind of striptease thing!" #CBB7 about 3 hours ago from web

4:06pm - Dane just picked up the snow dog in the garden but it has turned to ice and its leg fell off. #CBB7 about 3 hours ago from web

4:36pm - Sov is dreaming of the Chinese food they might receive if the group passes the task. Crispy chilli beef is her favourite! #CBB7 about 2 hours ago from web

5:38pm - Male HMs have been called to the diary room...is it time for the hunk off? #CBB7 about 1 hour ago from web

5:49pm The female housemates are completely unaware of the mankini wearing men they are about to face! #CBB7 about 1 hour ago from web

The boys are dressed to impressed and are ready to duke it out in order to become the winner of Big Brother's first ever 'Hunk Off' #CBB7 18 minutes ago from web

6:34pm The female housemates have taken position at the judging desk #CBB7 6 minutes ago from web

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The "hunk-off" has begun. If anyone wants to follow then click and refresh this link:

http://twitter.com/officialbblive

and read the posts mark 6.43pm and onwards.

I'd copy them here but some might prefer to see it happen on the show. It sounds like it could be entertaining!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
It has been confirmed at several sites that no eviction will be taking place tomorrow night, but the live show will still go ahead.

The outside event tomorrow has been cancelled due to poor weather conditions.

There was never an eviction planned for tomorrow and there will still be a show with Davina.

Sounds like a new HM going in, perhaps.

Kitt - thanks for the daytime updates. I wish I could watch the feeds during the day, even if it's only for a couple of hours!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. I noticed all the business with the task started AFTER the hour of live feeds they show on tv early afternoon. I guess they want to save it for the highlights show, but still, it seems like it would be better to get buzz going by airing at least the start of it as it happens.

I wonder what the outside event was. There's meant to be at least another week of snow or freezing temperatures there, so they're going to have to scramble with some new ideas.

Wonder if a 12th person is going in. Davina has to do something in the non-highlights section.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Jonas and Kat in bed under the covers... lots of snuggling. Sov and Nic in bed under the covers... lots of giggling and joking with Dane. Sisqo cleaning up beer cans and wine bottles from the table. That's about it for the feeds now.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If Katia really doesn't like Jonas that way (as she said earlier), she should really stop with the flirting!

Just reading through the afternoon's tweets and it doesn't look like much happened then either: some teasing of Jonas and Katia and the females got called to the diary room for their task info (but then they didn't say what the task was) and that's about it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I see everyone likes Jonas...I just watched today's daily and I am so aggravated that he didn't do his task that I hope he goes home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just a note...I think one reason I like Stephanie so much is she looks so much like my mother. They are only two years apart in age, too. I'll have to find a photo to show how much alike they look.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That did seem a bit lame. It was only salt - you notice it, you get up, shake out your sheets, re-make your bed and it's all over. I loved the tree talking though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It seems no matter the time of day, Katia looks like she just rolled out of bed. Poor Heidi looks like she never woke up.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
the twitters are easily accessible if someone wants to read what is going to be shown on tv the next day.

i dont understand why they are being posted here.

anyone can go to the site IF they want to read.
& since its not yet showed on tv it is spoiling for us who like to watch the show and avoid the websites until after.

just saying that we get to see stuff the NEXT day for UK, it isnt live like BBUS in which nothing online is considered spoiling by the mods here.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
people were wondering why I said it was the harshest i've seen.

two people, one bed, one chair, one skinny sandwich and jugs of water. Four solid hours of the same song then clown cackles.

usa has never done such a thing

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I posted the summary of the (vaguely) interesting twitters as there are so many pages of them published, and as I was reading them through I thought others who don't have time for that might prefer the edited highlights.

I think we as a group, as I presume we're a relatively small one, have to decide how we want to treat this thread:

A) we can treat this BB as a TV show, only talking about the show after it's aired (which means ignoring talking about things we see on BBLB, the live feeds, read on other forums or twitter) or

B) we can treat it like other BBs and talk about whatever has happened in real time, only putting spoiler boxes around rumours like "leaks" of info on new hms.

To me, option A takes a lot of fun out of the show, and the thread, so I vote for option B.

I'm happy to do what the majority want.