TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Let's Talk Strategy and Game!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2022: General Discussion: Let's Talk Strategy and Game! users admin

Big Brother
Big Brother (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 17, 2022Grooch25 08-17-22  5:38 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So Terrance did the unthinkable and won HOH. It seems his current strategy is to get Joseph out. Does that make sense for his game?

Meanwhile, Michael is still targeting Jasmine who is a very weak player with little chance of winning a competition. He isn't targeting anyone who is a real threat but instead is still working for the Left over goal of getting non-left overs out.

Is the world upside down?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, don't worry, if in the unlikely event that Jasmine wins veto, Monte will go home... LOL.

Also, yeah, I think getting a strong, comp winner, out is best for Terrance. Fact is, he doesn't have a whole lot of options, since he doesn't have any allies except Jasmine, unless I missed something.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Michael doesn't want to make a move too early- Jasmine is an easy target this week, and there's the unknown factor in who goes on the other side. Plus he probably does not want to break a tie unless he has to- Jasmine is the best way to get a 2-0 vote.

Terrence is in deep trouble next week- especially if Jasmine goes. No real allies, and he can't play for HOH (and after the stress of the twist week I wouldn't be shocked to see whoever wins HOH to do the easiest noms possible)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
From reading the live feed thread this morning, Turner is in agreement with Terrence of getting rid of Joseph.

I'm having a hard time believing that Turner is telling the truth. Yesterday morning Turner and Joseph were the last 2 to go to bed and spent at least an hour b/s'ing in the bathroom having a great time.

So, does anyone think Turner is being honest with Terrence, and sees his chance of getting rid of a big threat, or is he just going along with him and plans to flip it and get rid of Kyle or Alyssa?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think it depends on whether or not we think that Turner is separating the game from his emotions. He could genuinely like Joseph and enjoy spending time with him but at the same time see him as a threat to win. So a big "not sure" from me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Grooch, it doesn't matter if Kyle and Joseph go up? Alyssa will vote for Joseph to go. Turner is the other vote. If he chooses Kyle, Kyle goes. If he chooses Joseph, Terrance decides, and I'm not sure where he stands really.

If Joseph wins Veto, Alyssa or Turner will go up... not sure where Terrance will go with that either.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Seems so futile anymore. Strategists set themselves up for forward progress only to get the rug pulled out from under them with some half thought out twist. This used to be a game of outsmarting others. It’s become a game of chance and manipulation. Sucks.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Strategy update.

Who is playing the best game at this point?

Inside the house, Michael and his Lieutenant Brittany appear to be staying the course, sticking with the Leftover alliance and eliminating Jasmine. Everyone in the inside group is coasting. Aside from her being annoying to the viewers, is getting rid of a weak player like Jasmine a good strategy at this point? Wilsonatmd mentioned not making a move too early. Is he waiting too long though?

Outside the house, Terrance is doing his best to shake things up and get some real allies. He's winning competitions and looks much more impressive than any time up to this point (which wouldn't be hard as his game was completely non-existent before this).

Kyle is downgrading the Leftover alliance in favor of his showmance alliance with Alyssa and building a new alliance with Terrance and possibly Turner.

I guess the only interesting change in strategy is Kyle. There seems to be a lot of people posting in the Live Feed Discussion thread who are unhappy with him over this (cause they like Joseph and the Leftovers and don't like the showmance) but is it really a bad strategy on Kyle's part? He had to get through this week with Terrance in power. Plus seven people can't win Big Brother and they have to start getting each other out at some point.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think Kyle’s chances for getting furthest in the game are probably higher if he stayed loyal to the OC’s.

Once the inside OC’s realize that Kyle betrayed the 7, well he’ll be the lowest of them all- they’d probably keep Terrance over Kyle.

Now kyle’s future in the house depends on Kyle, Terrance, Alyssa winning the hoh and to a lesser degrees the pov.

Even if Terrance put Kyle and Alyssa on the block Kyle would have survived. So he basically threw his chance of $750k away on a mere 20 second joy ride.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It depends on the pecking order of the big alliance and how things play out when the inside and outside groups merge. Assuming Joseph is gone, it becomes how much of the blame for that eviction will rest on Terrance vs. Kyle and how Turner will present what happened as well. It’s a complicated game. Also, how much the other players decide to focus on the “showmance”.

Right now it’s pretty much all on Terrance as he won BOTH the HOH and the POV.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I’d be surprised if there isn’t fallout over Kyles betrayal. It may not be in your face fallout, more subtle by Michael and Brittany. Those. 2 are stealthy.

There are so many possibilities.

Next week will tell all. And darn it, I’ll be on holiday again…grrrrr. I’ll be extra thankful for this board - sneaking off to read all the updates. Thanks in Advance for keeping me updated.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Michael is sitting in a great position for the inside group. I think Kyle totally did what he needed to in this situation. Bummed to lose Joseph but he can be exhausting.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I don’t think it was a terrible move for Kyle to out the LOs and go after them this week. Going into the double eviction week, Kyle was already at the bottom of the LO pecking order. They already didn’t trust him and will go after him first. So why not keep Alyssa who will not vote him out? Why not go after a strong player that will help evict him?

Chippy

08-16-2007

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Kyle just kicked the can into the closet. He bought a week unless he wins HOH… I think till he decided to pick the girl over the game, he had a brilliant long term game going. The truth will come out sooner than later especially if Terrance gets put on the block and he will be toast.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it appears that so far, Kyle's strategy has been resoundingly successful. He eliminated a strong contender in Joseph and both Kyle and his new backyard allies appear to be safe for yet another week.

Turner has nominated Brittany and Taylor and appears to be looking to nominate Michael if the veto is used. It seems that Monte has managed to stay in the middle and will avoid being nominated.

So, likeability aside, has Turner made the right strategic move by staying with the backyard group?

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Yeah i never dreamed turner would turn. Pun intended.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
If Turner’s strategy was to become the leader of people who thus far have not been good at winning comps, who have a history of not being loyal, who tend to have loose lips, talk crap and tell lies about each other, then I suppose he made the right decision. I’d say he should have stayed with people who won comps, kept secrets, did NOT talk crap about each other and did NOT tell lies, but that’s just MY humble opinion as a long-time viewer/fan. Terrance and Kyle will NOT be loyal, Alyssa will do whatever Kyle says. Those are not people you want in your “alliance!”

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem for Turner was he could have stayed with a nice group who is completely respectable and loyal and perfectly lovely delightful people, but if he is at the bottom of that group (through no fault of him or them, they are just closer to others) he is still at the bottom and when all other options are eliminated he will be the next to go. True or not, that seems to be how he felt.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
I see him as being at the bottom of the Outsiders as well. Kylyssa will take each other, Terrance would likely take Alyssa, or Britt… Turner is (was?) rather well-liked and has won comps, I doubt any of them would take him as 1st choice.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Sunday, August 28, 2022 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Exactly calimom.
Jimmer, bunch of us coming to stay with you for bbcan season. When does it start, what do I pack, and can I bring you something from Texas? Lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 28, 2022 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, Turner doesn't seem to have a final 2. he thinks it's Kyle, but really how could he? I think he will have to win out to be in final 2. Same as Michael.

And yes, what is the timeframe of BB Canada?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 28, 2022 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL Chippy! This should be interesting.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So we’ve had lengthy discussions about the morality and timing of Michael and Brittany’s decision to reveal Kyle’s comments to the house.

But from a purely game strategic viewpoint was it a good move? Michael essentially traded Kyle for Monte (Monte likely would have been evicted). Plus Monte and others are upset this wasn’t revealed earlier. Good or bad for Michael?

And going forward, should he go after one of the big strategic players or stay focused on Terrance?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Brenda, BB Canada usually starts in early March and runs about the same length as BB USA. :-)

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Hmm. Seems ironic to me. We all know that numbers matter and Michael saw Taylor and Monte as a number for him. While I certainly can’t get into Michael’s head, he absolutely used and even exaggerated the Kyle conversations to benefit his game. I don’t think he figured out Monte went back to the pound and so I’m not sure it was as beneficial as he thought nor did he calculate Montes reaction very well. That’s what happens when you take a controversial issue and use it for self serving purposes which I’m sure he also calculated.
It was brilliant though. He knew Turner would pick principle over game and push for kyles eviction. He was right. Dumb game move for Turner. But maybe we see Michael getting a bit too cocky now cause he should be getting Turner or Monte out I think.

Having to play the game and protect yourself outside the game at the same time is a rough road to hoe. And hey while I love judging the hamster,s game moves all day long, I try to remember what I see and what they know are two different things. Something I even can’t figure out who is lying to whom and why.

There is one thing I know for certain. I would SUCK at this game. Lol

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that being inside the game is surely much harder than being an all knowing outside observer. Whew!

If Michael had left things alone, Monte would be gone now and Michael would still be HOH (it's unlikely that Kyle would have won that competition). I'm thinking that might be a better scenario for Michael. He could have nominated anyone and maybe been in a stronger position.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Can’t disagree there. I do think he worried about losing Taylor. And it seeemed he thought he still had Monte.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Michael has done well competitively but his strategic play hasn’t been exceptional. He’s pretty much rigidly stuck with his alliance and they may soon turn on him.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: