TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Additional thoughts on this season, t...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Additional thoughts on this season, the state of the game as a whole, the future without Julie Chen Moonves (who would make a good host?), what made this season a good/great? one ... second U.S. Celebrity version should be good again ! users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 29, 2018Bidasea25 09-29-18  8:55 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Neil Patrick Harris should be the next host if Julie doesn't want to.

Mimiaow

05-29-2006

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimiaow a private message Print Post    
Oh please not Kathy Griffin. I may have to quit watching. She is a disgusting person.

I'd love NPH as host. Also Jeff would be a great host.

I hope Julie comes back, though. She's the best.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Honestly, the host is only there 1 hour a week. I would watch no matter who is the host.

I would like the guys ya'll mentioned but if Marissa or Kat hosted I would still watch

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I would love to see Julie come back and unlike most would definitely watch KG.
I am sorry that the trend seems to be hurt feelings votes. I fear it will change game play...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meggie, it is a longtime trend, starting with Lisa's win over Danielle ..Comes and goes.

And this season they were going between two very deserving choices.

Tyler's interviews reminded me that Sam had long loved Kaycee, though I still think Sam was overly bitter against Tyler. I also forgot how close Bayleigh and Kaycee were.

Scottie was the most surprising for me.

I would rather have a host who is just that, not an actor, singer, or any type of performer using it as a gig or for publicity.

I do love NPH, but not for this.

There are exceptions like Alison hosting Biggest Loser. She was on the soap but in NO she was all about the people there, even worked out with them and it was about that show.

And I would make an exception for Tom Bergeron, but he seems quite busy.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I fee that if they voted based on best game Tyler would have won. I know Kaycee played a good game but IMP not nearly as skillful a game as Tyler. He was masterful.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I blame that Swaggy crap! they rushed Tyler and his speech and answers were awful. BB loves a showmance more than letting the final 2 have the time they deserve to explain 3 months of play

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bingo!

At least give them more time.. then if they aren't articulate, ok.

Kittyab

07-15-2005

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kittyab a private message Print Post    
They use to have the final two hang out in the house for a few days before giving speeches and answering jury questions. Not sure why that changed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was more boring than finale three hanging out?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the finale! And I was able to not be spoiled beforehand.

I'm wondering if Tyler constantly repeating that he had the final power app might have changed some minds. I felt like it was an unintentional rubbing it in their faces that he had it and never had to worry about being booted from the house. Nobody else had that luxury for 8 weeks. It also allowed Tyler to take chances with his game because he knew he had safety.

I thought he should have kept his mouth quiet about it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree! served no good purpose to tell them!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I don't think anyone got his point, which he articulated better in an interview.. which was that while HE was safe, he didn't want to use that power to save himself because it was likely that one of his alliance would be put up in his place, so he worked hard to keep them ALL safe when possible.

But that point wasn't made before voting.

I don't know if that influenced any votes. I really think that saying he claimed to be close to Scottie so Scottie might be targetted instead of L6, was what lost him Scottie's vote.

With Bayleigh, I don't know that she would have voted for him anyway, and he thinks Sam was going to vote for Kaycee all along. But the enemy statement about Bayleigh and the wildcard statement about Sam probably didn't work.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ON BB whispers it was posted that JC and Fessy have been asked to be on TAR

Wally

08-13-2011

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wally a private message Print Post    
thanks y'all for re-stressing Tyler's finer points, points which went by quickly in such a live-production tempo.

question: did J.C. actually play the third "best" BB game?

and/or which other HG's played "better" than J.C.?

(did Angela play better than J.C., but just got a bad break when J.C. won HoH, and Angela became the expendable tip of the KC/Tyler triangle;

... is Angela viewed as a bad socializer / relations manager ?

some of you posted that Angela's jury lobbying for Tyler may've actually lost Tyler some votes, ha, because most jurors view Angela w/distaste?)

then, beyond this particular season, the overflowing persistent themes of:
good players who got bad beats
bad players who got good gifts (but then squandered them)

players that viewers/feeders liked, but nobody else in the house did, ha

many sides of play:

+ player ability to compete in challenges

+ player ability to build and maintain alliances / friendships

+ player ability to socialize positively / manage relationships

+ player ability to orchestrate and execute game moves

Kaycee and Tyler were neck and neck in terms of plusses, but in the end because Tyler lost on juror massaging / personal juror feelings

Tyler had so many moves and secret moves/allowances, so it's wild when the jury differs on their voting criteria _ awarding game play / punishing game play / awarding social ties / punishing social ties.

At least/best, we got a Final 2 of which most folks wouldn't mind that much if the winner was either one. Which was so much better / more enjoyable than when the Final 2 is roundly unlikeable.

P.S. would/should the next host necessarily be someone w/knowledge of BB the game ?

which spokes-celebs/actors/hosts are big BB fans already ?

who else could you see hosting ? (BB-versed or not)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bad combination for TAR, though they would certainly be entertaining!!

Neither one is a good listener/team player. Fessy MAY have better instincts while travelling.. hard to say. JC has travelled extensively, but not sure if he was on his own or not. Unfortunately Fessy doesn't speak Arabic, from what he said. JC for sure speaks Spanish and may have some other languages.. I've heard him utter phrases in Italian..

Could be worse teams for sure.

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
JC was teasing Fessy at the hotel pool saying he got an email asking him and Fessy to be on the Amazing Race. It was a joke.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Tyler had been honest with Angela about his game before she left the house would that have made a difference...where she could have explained to the jurors the reasons why he made some of the moves that he did and he how out-maneuvered most of them without them even being aware of it? Oh well, we'll never know!

It would be interesting to poll the jurors after they have had a chance to see the entire season and see if they would still vote the same way. (Even Scottie's sister thought he would appreciate Tyler's game moves.)

Interpreter74

10-03-2018

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Interpreter74 a private message Print Post    
I would actually love to have rules to powers... for instance, they would get the power taken away if they mention it to someone. I also feel Big Brother needs diversity in ages, literally half 20-35 and half 35-50?? The juvenile behavior was appalling this year...little to support.

I loved the "hacker" idea buuuut not back-to-back...

Also, the finale needs to be either better orchestrated or 2 hours.... would have loved to have heard from Rachel and others about viewing the season.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I would like to see the end of B.B.s showmance obsession.
I don’t like it that people come in thinking I have to hook up to have an advantage. Lots of people have been hurt because of it.
Many can’t or won’t find a showmance. Does that leave them at a disadvantage?
I would like to see more comps. I would like them to show us on live feeds more of them.
I’m more ambiguous about the jury votes. You know who one comps but how do you know about friendship. I would wonder if the friendship was real or just pretense.
I found this to be a really fun season, full of great characters.
I liked having all totally new players . Made it far more interesting to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
All of those things, younger hamsters, showmances are the things that the younger demographic they are selling the show to seem to want to see. So that's why we don't get older hamsters.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I really, really dislike showmances. I think that's one of the reasons I lose interest in the show early. I could care less if they last outside the house. Also all the mushy post on twitter, etc. are really annoying when trying to talk about the game.

Wally

08-13-2011

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wally a private message Print Post    
It's funny that BB's theme this season was Robot / Computer / Apps / Hacking stuff, because even though we are thoroughly embroiled in the cyber-age, it still seemed kinda dated/corny ...

also, I wonder if this summer's cast had higher IQ's than usual. It would seem higher IQ's equals better/more interesting/less detestable cast/season, while dumber IQ's equals stupid/hateable cast/season ?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Let's face it - you put a group of young, healthy, good-looking people in a house with nothing else to do showmances are going to happen whether you want them to or not. It is inevitable. What else do they have to do besides sit outside in the sun in revealing swimsuits, talk to one another, flirt with one another - it is a natural result of this kind of physical intimacy.

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
They are expected to get into showmances and I hate that.. Most havent seen the show but for the couple of season they are asked to watch in sequester and most of the last few seasons have showmances.. Also when they are given preshow questions, everybody is asked would they get into a showmance so they must think thats what BB wants from them so BB promotes showmances

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Exactly!

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Roxip- I don't think it matters if BB wants it or not- it is a natural outgrowth of their circumstances.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it matters that showmances are celebrated, encouraged and rewarded by production..

Something more natural, sure it happens, but now it is encouraged ahead of time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I see your point, but the choice to get in a showmance is up to the individual houseguest...enter the BB House at your own risk!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And watching it is also a choice.

Watching a couple snuggle and ignore the game.. Not so interesting.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I would LOVE to see a BB where all contestants are married and have kids at home, or all contestants are over 30. I get tired of seeing the same old same old.

Toolhound

06-22-2007

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Toolhound a private message Print Post    
I agree with the over 30 but not married with kids. They just end up crying because they miss the kids.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: