TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through August 16, 2014 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Biased editing is also a fix. But they can also stop the voting whenever they want, just enough to make it look valid.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But why making it so obvious, I mean, a pass to final and a win??? That's just too much and simply unfair. I was okay with the pass to final but not the win. No way!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Biased editing is the norm for reality shows.

Being "a fix" would require more than biased editing.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
the worst part of Helen winning is the smug look the Goode family will have on their faces for the next few months.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't be surprised if people who didn't like the Ashleigh lovers, who were very vocal in most forums and on facebook and sometimes very annoying, got together and voted for Helen to win over Ashleigh. Like when people got together to get Winston out. It can be done if people are so sure that who they want will win so they don't feel the need to vote.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Biased editing and stopping the votes when they want, is all in the mix to fix the game. Helen is not a huge draw for people, she doesn't have huge public support, she was put in the show, given a pass and won, there is no valid reason that would happen, unless it was fixed, the public are not that stupid. The producers can do whatever they want, this is what they wanted. But Helen's win is not a public loss, it's the producers loss for the future of this show.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
They have spun this personality clash over and over, but it still doesn't make it true. Helen was a bully, that is not a clash.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
If you hear of some reactions in the UK media could you post it here so that we can all read... I know Kitt has a way to get sources from the UK...that would be nice, and I expect a lot of anger from the public, but if they all say she deserved... than I'm from Venus and they're from Mars, for sure!!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
LOL, they tried to muffle the boos.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Emma on Bots already is saying ... "It wasn't fixed"... I guess they've heard the complaints from the public or the audience already!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
What a travesty, I don't know who thought this was a fake eviction more, me or Helen. I think that the public gave up on this show & not many people voted there was only 1.2% difference between 1st & 2nd place - it's the only thing that makes sense to me - UNLESS ...

Kitt, is there gambling in the UK on the BB winner? If so, maybe it was well worth someone backing a long shot like Helen with votes. Someone could have made a lot of bucks on that bet.

What shocked me the most was them advertising for next year's auditions. I was curious if there was even going to be a BB show next year.

Rumor has it that BBAU starts much sooner than previously thought - Sept.8th or even possibly Sept 7th.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
There's no way of knowing if this is true, but there are some valid points, via
twitter.com/BigBro789/photo/1

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Helen's worst bits? Who are they kidding.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Helen is so wrong about Matthew.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
the second sad part of Helen "winning" is......

..it justifies her actions in the house in her mind and the Steven Goode's of this world.

By "winning" BBUK, Helen now will never change her attitude and actions towards others.

...and it showed in her interview on BOTS. No need to slag off Matthew as she's 'won'.

Helen is the worst kind of winner - the sore 'winner'.

Unlike the last CBB UK winner Jim Davidson who was more than magnanimous towards his tormentor Linda Nolan in all interviews.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Worst winner ever.

I'm watching now and got to Christopher's eviction and thought it's probably not worth watching any more (but I still am of course). Depressing enough that Helen's not third, her winning is just pathetic.

My thoughts why she's won:
. except for Ash, who was nice (mostly) but boring, ALL her friends are out and if all her friends' voters vote for Helen that's a lot of votes
. the "Ashleigh vs Helen" conflict pushed by the main show storyline and by BOTS. Ashleigh has a lot of annoying "mean girl" habits that make her unlikeable to many, so Helen is the anti-Ashleigh
. online gambling... people would have got HUGE odds on Helen winning probably until only a few weeks ago, and maybe it can pay for enough votes to make her win

It's just an awful result. Reinforces a lot of bad things
. bad behaviour being rewarded
. if you stop being awful and just become relatively normal like you should have been all along somehow that makes you the most amazing person ever
. that it's more important to have a story than to be just nice all the time

Not sure I can watch Helen's interview.

Oh by the way, not fixed. No way the voting could be fixed with all the regulations. And there's no reason why BB would fix it for Helen to win, she's not going to be a popular winner and she's such a loose cannon they're going to have to try to control everything she says and does to get anything out of her at all. It's not like her winning changes the minds of the majority of voters that still think she's awful and the worst winner ever. Multiple votes by a small group is not the same as popularity.

Almost wish I'd not bothered with the finale.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
To me, biased is not strong enough, should be propaganda. Only Helen's minion's were brought back into the house, repeatedly, after one party at the end, the final Helen "love fest", did she humbly, and passionately apologize to Ashleigh... her idea? Highly doubt it. This show was crazy when it came to outside influence. HG's might as well been given full internet access, TV, and magazines. The show was manufactured from Day 1, and Ashleigh used to bring in more money as the public tried their hardest to believe the words, "YOU DECIDE!"

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Crazy series "highlights," just showed how awful Helen was. Again.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Official Channel 5 survey about the show:

https://www.demographix.com/surveys/8SL2-YMAS/7MWMPKQC/

you can do it from the US. It asks you about what you like about the show, what you dislike, your opinion on presenters etc.. Worth doing.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I am more than tipsy told my husband if Helen made the final two I would need a lot more vodka. When she was announced winner I turned off the TV I have never done that no matter who won.I can't believe they validated that bully.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Remember Evel Dick? Worst winner ever, yet BB US went on. This, too, shall pass.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Yes but he is the reason I turned off bbus and have never looked back.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
AG is the reason I turned of BBUS and never looked back.

If BBUK continues all these themed seasons I may just turn them off too. I like the raw and real interaction of the housemates without a lot of outside interference and the power this year really screwed us, the viewers, because the house had more power than the people did.

If it weren't for the pass to the final Helen would have been evicted long ago and people wouldn't be so up in arms about her winning. Remember, the viewers gave the power to Pauline and Pauline gave the pass to Helen so ultimately the viewers were the ones to blame for Helen winning, lol!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Do the survey, one of the questions was whether you prefered the themed series or the unthemed ones. You can also list the things you hated about the season!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching the final and I'm having trouble lifting my jaw from its place on the floor after Helen was declared the winner. Shocked is way too mild a term to describe the general (worldwide) reaction!

On a brighter note, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you, especially Kitt, for all of your ongoing insight and commentaries. Most important of all, thank you for the tip to reach out to our friend on Twitter who did such a masterful job of uploading each episode. Without that resource I would have missed the entire series (which, sadly, is the way many are feeling just now as we work to accept Helen's "victory").