TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through August 02, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Next week is The Power Of Money week. There's a chance to win an extra £15,000, but also a chance to double cross each other. Curious.

Sounds like only a single eviction next week.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It's not that clear to me... they're going to trade money for safety?? Curious!!!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know, I thought maybe they could ruin each other's chances of winning it by sabotage or something. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a take £25,000 and leave situation though.

Emma's saying the vote was "close."

And she's saying the focus group came from the BOTS audience and it wasn't scripted, they could say what they want.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Steven's still clueless that he's not being reasonable about Chris or Pav, because he only ever sees the world as revolving around him.

So why didn't Emma or the other BOTS panelists call him out on it on Wednesday's show? Could it be that the producers were targeting Chris for eviction this week? Especially with Emma gushing over the 'creepy Chris' chant as something started by BOTS. That's my guess.

To me, BBUK is becoming worse than BBUS which is NOT a good thing. There is too much producer manipulation without the benefit of live feeds. I don't mind the producers manipulating the HMs as that's part of Big Brother. However they're now trying to manipulate the GBP to vote out who the producers want out which is wrong!

BTW, I'm not rooting for Chris to win but I would like for him to get to the final and finish 4th. I'd like Ashley to win and Christopher in 2nd place and Winston finish 3rd.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
First face to face noms on Monday!

No chance Ash is up because of the fear of Helen's wrath. Lots of Pav noms I presume, kind of good that they don't have a second easy option (Zoe). Probably Chris noms too and maybe some Mark after the outside info.

I think if Mark is up he could go.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They did tell Steven he framed everything as about him.

I think BOTS always choose someone to pick on or someone to adore, they did it last season with the lovefest for Sam, while ignoring his really sexist and pretty offensive comments about women. They loved Jay when he was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on any reality show ever (and we've seen some doozies).

Steven's hating on Chris again! Now Lionel's calling him (Chris) Hannibal Lecter !

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
You must be saying "Spunky has finally found the panel she likes!!", Well, I must say I was surprised to hear those three saying mostly what I think. However, I want Chris to stay in the house longer to see where his strategy is going, because with him it's all about strategy. His alliance with Ashleigh is spot on, he knows she is a favourite and he would benefit from his closeness to her.

Face to face nominations, what an excellent way to clear the air... although Pav is going to be the most nominated and may go next week, I'd like to see who else will get at least 3 and be on the block. But with that money power I don't know how it will go...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think you might have been right about trading money for safety. The way they were talking about it on BOTS, saying that now we'll see who really wants the experience and who wants the money makes me think whoever takes the money will end up being on the block with the other nominees.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Steven keeps calling Chris creepy. He is the last person to call someone else creepy. He personifies the word.

Not liking Linda on the panel at all. Chris is the most sane person in the house. He deserves to be in the finals. This character assassination they are doing to him is awful.

I miss the two psychologists. Where are they?

Sorry, guys...just can't take Christoher any more. If he was imitating Helen, he didn't do that great a job because he still sounded like himself.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised someone didn't stand up for Chris a bit this last time. The creepy bit I get (although like you say Steven was creepy too) but the manipulating thing is completely in Steven's imagination and I'm not sure why others haven't said that to him.

The psychologists are on the Saturday panel I think.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Steven is mostly repeating what he heard from the public (about the creepy thing) but to say 'manipulative' I hope Chris is that good at manipulating because that's Big Brother, you have to be, I see no fault with that.

About Christopher, I just like the 'underdog' type of housemate and for a moment he was like that and he had to stand up for himself and he was doing that quite good, I think. However, if he gets just a bit more of an edge because he senses the public wants him to stand up some more, well, he may over do it and that's when I would tell him to slow down, go back on the defensive, it suits him more. But I'm afraid if he confronts Ashleigh again and says 'she's a brat' he may make some happy (me) but the majority of the public may resent him and evict him soon.

Because public's interference in the game (as Emma said, too much is revealed to the housemates) may force some housemates to act in a certain way and if they would like to nominate Ashleigh they now may not because they feel she won't be evicted and it will be a wasted nomination. This is all wrong of course but this is one of the major faults of this BB version, too much interference by production and by the public.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
From the way Christopher was talking, Ashleigh is a brat quite often. He said something about getting fed up of her always doing it, so that time he decided to make a point. BB hasn't shown us much of Ashleigh's brattiness since the big masked task.

I'm concerned Christopher might overcompensate to show he can stand up for himself too. Mark on the other hand, will look better if reacts to what was said about him. Chris too, although I think he had worked it out in his head before all the outside info came in, so he might not change his behaviour much now, he'll just be annoyed and embarrassed.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Someone posted this image on another forum:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt-53dDIgAEKQDx.jpg

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
LOL, Puzzled...that pic is hysterical. I did like Zoe and never thought she was a snob. Again BB putting what they want out there.

Zoe said her comment was @ the end of 30 minute discussion and she was trying to say how interesting and strong and varied the HG's were, not trying to put down Tesco employees.

I've never seen her be anything but nice, supportive and positive.

Kitt, I was so surprised no one stuck up for Chris today as well, but considering Steven was there and and the panel were who they were (seemed they were doing BB producers work) I shouldn't have been.

Yesterday Emma seemed to feel guilty for being hard on Chris the day before and sort of apologized and then here they are today bashing him again.

First clue this panel was bonkers....they all think Helen is now doing well and didn't one of them say she should win? Oh heck no! Uh uh.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
You're right about the panel being bonkers, Cricket. Linda was looney tunes on CBB, Lionel is, well, a bit odd, and Steven--ugh. They were all stooges for TPTB's manipulation. Subtle, they're not.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Live show schedule for the next week, times Pacific.

BB

Sat, Sun 1-2pm
Mon - Thu 2-3pm
Fri 1-2.35pm Eviction

Sat Aug09, Sun Aug10 1-2pm
Mon Aug11 1-2pm <-- does early time suggest this is an eviction show??
Tue Aug12 2-3pm
Wed Aug13 2-3pm

The caption writer for the shows might be a bit annoyed at not getting much information, for Monday's show he wrote "Marcus Bentley narrates a round-up of the latest events, on a day that may or may not include the housemates' nominations. If previous weeks are anything to go by, anyone could be choosing who is up for eviction on Friday, whether it be a power housemate, an evictee or the viewing public. Or maybe the housemates have simply nominated one by one. Stranger things have happened."

BOTS

Sat 3-4pm BOTP
Mon - Thu 3-4pm
Fri 2.35-3.35pm

Sat 3.05-4pm BOTP
Mon - Wed 3-4pm

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just loved Lionel Blair for decades, and it took me a while during the CBB to kind of take what he was saying at face value, as I didn't want to not like him anymore. Once he was out I put all that out of my mind and remember him fondly again, so he's not allowed to keep showing up on these shows and making me remember how he thinks!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I went to the Applause Store where you book tickets for eviction night. They have open booking for next Friday night (Aug 8th), but no sign of a mid week eviction show in the following week... yet. The finale night Aug15th is fully booked.

Also fully booked are dates for what must be CBB, Fri 22nd, Wed 27th, Fri 29th, Wed Sep 3rd, Fri 5th, Wed 10th and Fri 12th, so we know that will have mid week evictions.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt, are you saying Celeb. BB will be starting right after this BB? Wow! Thanks so much for posting the schedule. Guess some things next week are still up in the air.

Something I forgot to mention earlier was Helen didn't go off on Zoe and attack her like she has so many of the HG's. Why? She knew she would lose. She can control herself; she just chooses not to. She bullies weaker people because she can. Just once, I'd like to see her get bullied and see how she likes it.

Spunky, like you I'm also curious to see how the money power will affect the noms. It sounded like the money could be added to the overall prize or someone may have a chance to take money to give up their place in the house?

If Pav gets the chance, I could so see him taking the money to leave. What do you guys think?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's starting pretty soon after, Cricket. From the ticket vendor it looks like it might start the Friday after this one ends (this ends Aug 15th, so a CBB start on Aug 22nd). I don't know if that's right though, they might be doing a different sort of start, or aren't selling tickets yet.

I think last year they started pretty much the next day, and all the celebs said how disgustingly filthy it was, so maybe a whole week's wait is a wise choice!

I don't know that any of the originals would take the money to leave. We haven't had any sob stories about needing the money for family or anything like that. I agree Pav might, because he knows he will not win.

I think more likely whoever takes the money will be up for eviction. If face to face noms are Monday then maybe those who aren't nominated get a chance to go for the £25K, but whoever gets it also gets put up, including Helen. After the focus group and the other outside info I think they're all feeling vulnerable, so I'm not sure any of them would risk it. Maybe Winston though, he seems safe.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think the money would be traded for safety... Pav should take advantage for sure, might as well leave with more money in your pocket.

Kitt, you say you're British but you are not watching the BB show from over there, are you? I ask because I notice your many posts in our Tv shows thread and you seem to know so much of what's going on in our channels (American and Canadian) so you must be among us and not in England... just curious!!

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Maybe someone who lives in the U.K. could sort out the various accents for us. I heard Mark say he's Scouse. And I think Ashleigh is Irish. Not sure what Ash would be,but he sounds like a Beatle. So, anyone mind? TIA

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I live here in the US now, Spunky. Better weather, lol.

Ash is from Manchester, Beverly. There's a UK soap called Coronation Street that I think is sometimes on PBS, that's set in Manchester if you've ever seen that. Bolton, where Helen's from, is only 20 minutes North of there, pretty convenient if they do start dating.

The Beatles were from Liverpool, like Mark, and Liverpudlians are called Scouse, I don't know why. Mark has one of the strongest Liverpublican accents I've ever come across. It's strange seeing as he seems to want to be in the public eye, so I'd have thought he'd have had more outside influences that would have diluted it a bit. I almost wonder whether he's purposely playing it up.

The other two who are close are Pav (NE London) and Winston (SE Essex). You can hear it a bit in their accents but accents really change quickly with distance in the UK.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I see, Kitt, now it makes sense...

I wondered too about all the different accents, some are harder to understand, but some like Steven and Christopher are very clear to me, they speak clearly. I'm surprised Mark has a strong foreign accent, or at least he sounds to me as he has one, Pav as well.

I am actually surprised to see how well some immigrants there have integrated, among the audience I notice a lot of people from Africa, I like to see how well many foreigners integrate versus those who live in their own ghettos. Funny the headlines on some online newspapers, Cameron intends to prevent access to 'Europeans' who prefer England for the social benefits, that was funny reading that...

Not much going on on the Monday show, just a repeat... I did notice they air a lot of Christopher's arguments, I hope he goes back to being quieter... unless Big Brother is losing material when they have Ash or Winston or Pav saying very little...

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Never have I been so angry over a BOTS episode as I was last night. Why is Steven getting so much FaceTime? Talk about a creeper, weird, insecure, human... And he spouts his opinion after a bitter eviction? OMG! Chris has lasted this game as an individual. He not once had a BFF, cuddle buddy, or sex partner. If anyone is using anyone Ashleigh latched onto Chris after Dani's eviction. To me Chris has just taken it a day at a time, venting in DR but drama free. He politely told Pav about his concern with Ashleigh. Last night's-witch hunt for him was toxic. Steven was and is one of the most discusting HG ever and they keep shoving his opinion on us. From what I heard, tonight was Mark's turn. I hope they keep Steven off the show cheerleading for his friends, he makes my skin crawl!