TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through August 01, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wondered what they did that survey for! I thought they were going to use it in the house, like in one of those "put people in the order ..." tasks. I think Steven is threatened by people who challenge him, he seems pretty insecure.

How long ago did Steven and Kimberly first do it? Maybe two weeks before Kim left? Surely that isn't enough for an ectopic pregnancy to give symptoms?! They actually say (pretend) they are quoting her too!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
BB put out out a clip of the survey, it was part of this week's task, so maybe they'll show it on tomorrow's show.

I think Steven will do anything to help his friends win, which means getting rid of the competition. Chris is not just competition to win, he is also friends with potential winners like Ashleigh and Christopher. I don't think Chris would put either up for nomination, after Pav, I think Ash and Winston are more likely. So if Chris left, there is more of a chance that along with Helen, his friends would make it to the final. And maybe he thinks if that happens, Helen has a better chance to win.

I don't believe that article, Kim is very private and has not said anything about why she was sick, so I think they just want to sell their paper.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Of course Steven resents Chris.. I don't know if it was editing but Steven was already evicted and the next day we see Chris spewing vile things about Steven in the diary room, it seemed to me unnecessary, couldn't understand why since the guy was already evicted and maybe Big Brother could have aired that before the eviction (as if the public wasn't already convinced to evict Steven) but to air that after his eviction was an overkill, Steven may have seen that after he left the house and obviously resents Chris, but to me Steven did not look bitter at all during BOTS yesterday. How funny that we all see different things about the housemates.

Anyway, whoever wins this BB is not because of any special skill, it's just a personality contest and in this way the US version seems better, at least there you have a way to save yourself if you win an important challenge. Here you are a sitting duck, smile and be pretty and you'll win.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's a simple as that. I think you have to be a decent person or at least be able to persuade the viewers you're a decent person, you have to have enough spunk to get past the "they're boring" crowd, and you have to be likeable enough to your housemates that you don't get put up too often, just in case you were up against a controversial character and you get pawned out (like Jale, for instance).

Have a look at the past winners. Not exactly stereotypical pretty people although some are of course.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/big-brother-2014-past-winners-3648563

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
The UK BB forum I go to has a lot of posts complaining about the manipulation by TPTB.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
These Brits are from Mars... or I don't know from what other planet, but certainly not from Earth... Their assessments of the housemates were all wrong... two faced Helen, when she is the most straight faced one, she tells you straight up if she doesn't like you, this is why she was so hated by those first evicted. Ashleigh "interesting"??? oh please... how could they be so fooled by a 'pretty smiling face' forgetting all her sour grapes earlier on... the rest too, all wrong, Zoe stuck up? My goodness, she's the most open, cheerful person there... Chris 'creepy'??? My goodness! Simply because he's playing the game??
The rest is too ridiculous to mention...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The most/least task, I missed some in the middle but...

Most stuck up
hms: least=Winston, most=Zoe
viewers: correct!

Most creepy
hms: least=Winston, most=Pav
viewers: least=Winston, most=Chris

Most two faced
hms: least=Winston, most=Chris
viewers: least=Winston, most=Helen

Most boring
hms: least=Mark, most=Ash
viewers: least=Mark, most=Pav

Sits on fence the most
hms: least=Helen, most=Christopher

Most unhygenic: ????
hms: least=Ash, most=Christopher
viewers: least=Ashleigh, most=Winston

Plays to camera the most
hms: least=Chris, most=Mark
viewers: least=???, most=Mark

Most lazy
hms: least=Mark, most=Ash
viewers: least=Ashleigh, most=Ash

Most manipulative
hms: least=Winston, most=Ashleigh
viewers: least=Winston, most=Helen

Most false
hms: least=Winston, most=Mark
viewers: least=Christopher, most=Mark

Most interesting
hms: least=Pav, most=Ashleigh

It seems like no one voted Winston for anything except hygiene!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow Spunky, I thought they were mostly reasonable. Zoe isn't the most stuck up (although none of them are particularly stuck up) but she's getting payback for her Tesco comment (and then denying her Tesco comment). Ashleigh's interesting because she's young, speaks her mind, gets bratty, is active, is completely committed to her boyfriend (although that wasn't exactly tested in the house). And Helen is two faced because she does go after people sometimes, but most often she slags them off behind their back.

But then I'm a Brit, so maybe I'm from Mars too ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if Chris is doing himself any favours trying to explain/blame the viewers for the creepy accusation. I don't think he crossed any line, he just got carried away because of the intense surroundings, and I think he saw that and self-corrected. Better to just be happy he was able to get back on track before any harm was done, and show viewers who he is by his actions.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I get your point, Kitt, I found your posts always so helpful in understanding this BB version, but I just couldn't agree with those assessments, and thank goodness Chris said it all in his last DR for the day, 'how wrong the public is' (even if referring to himself) but that's exactly what I would have liked to say to the Brits... He said it well, (and he's not even my favorite, Christopher is). I could never like Ashleigh.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've no idea who's going this week. Could be any of them. The recent "hate" of Zoe seems like it couldn't be more talk than votes, same with the recent "hate" of Chris really. And I don't know if the change to feeling sorry for Pav is fully fledged or not either.

My guess is Chris will go, but I actually have no clue.

I'll spoil the live show in a few minutes, if the board lets me (I presume I'm not the only one having problems with it) so run away if you don't want to know!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's started.

Boo count is:

Chris - boos
Pav - boos
Zoe - boos

!!! Couldn't really tell the reactions apart!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know that I like the focus group, kind of a lot of information from outside the house and it just seemed a bit mean spirited.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Agree Kitt, I think the critics are too harsh on them. I just don't share their views... maybe the only one I could agree with is Mark dragging down Christopher with him... I said this before, and they're spot on Winston, what else could they say about him but nice things..

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Mark is dragging down Christopher but I didn't agree with their Christopher is a doormat thing. And he does seem to enjoy the relationship they have, weird as it might seem to the viewers. If Pav survives tonight they're going to be scrambling to be nice to him!

I wonder where the comments came from, whether they've looked at twitter comments or something.

The chant seems to be mostly "Get Chris Out!" but there's hints of the other names in there too.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Please evict CHRISTOPHER!

He is on my last nerve. Sooooo annoying and he just won't shut up! Now I see what the other HG's meant about him. Too bad he didn't go earlier.

He IS annoying!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm convinced I'm from Venus because I like Christopher. He's imitating Helen now so it's okay if he goes off as he's doing now...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Christopher's one of my favourites!

They don't seem to be saying who's got the least votes this week. I wonder if that means it is close. I hope they give us an idea.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Spunky

I don't mind Steven resenting Chris. What I had a problem with is Emma & the other BOTS panelists not asking if he was a 'bitter betty' about Chris. They did that AGAIN with Danielle about her opinions on Pav & Zoe yesterday.

Why are Danielle's opinions questioned but Steven's were treated like facts?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's time...

Emma speaks to the house. Boos for Chris, boos and cheers for Pav, big boos for Zoe.

The tenth person evicted from Big Brother is

Zoe!

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Zoe was evicted!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jbw, Danielle is bitter because Pave and Zoe voted her out. Although Steven had personality clashes with Chris and Pav, it's unclear why he would be bitter about them, as they didn't actually do anything to him. So I think the bitter comments make more sense to Danielle than Steven. Plus she admitted it, and that revenge feels sweet, or whatever her phrase was. Steven's still clueless that he's not being reasonable about Chris or Pav, because he only ever sees the world as revolving around him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Chris has got another week to pull himself together, and that Pav has a week to hopefully be more included.

I think it might be a double eviction next week, as there are a lot of people in the house, so hopefully a lot will be up. I want to see Ash out before the finale, and I think it fair that Pav goes, even though I do like him a lot.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I see your point Jbw

And Zoe gone!! I expected Pav, I'm just never in tune with the public over there...

They sure know how to put on an eviction show compared to our boring one over here...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
(sorry, I didn't notice that message was addressed directly to you, Spunky. Too much rush typing!)

I think Zoe is so happy to be out because she doesn't want to ruin her reputation any more that it has been ruined.