TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 24, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through July 24, 2014 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The public allegedly voted for Ashleigh as power housemate, there is no way she will go anyway, even without the backlash against this moronic "twist".

Its going to be Steven by a landslide, no question.

I like Ashleigh a lot more now that her b**ching partners are gone and she s actually interacting with other people.

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I find it interesting that they aren't remembering past events in the house when making major game decisions. They shouldn't have been at all surprised with the twist of one of the power alliance ending up being nominated, it happened to Toya when she was part of the power couple. They need to start thinking of the big picture not just the moment.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I dont think that Toya was told she was immune from nomination that week. BB outright lied to Ashleigh and told her she and the power alliance were all immune.

Though now that they have set the precedent that they can lie about anything, they should revoke Helen's pass to the finals. Why is she still immune when they couldnt even give Ashleigh one week?

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
BB has always lied to the housemates.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Sure they have always lied in various ways, but never before in so serious and blatant a manner as to say to the public and the houseguests that someone is immune from nomination on one day and then nominate that person the next day.

They lied to the viewers as well as the housemates on this one. In the past when they lied to the housemates, the public was clued in on it.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
All I can say is that I am very disappointed in TPTB on BB UK. They have made very clear that they do not like Ashleigh and they will do anything to undermine whatever she does. We were shown that she was hardly there in the beginning when some of the house guests were saying that she had a big mouth. Then she was only shown moaning with Danielle. We were able to see the feisty little girl for a while after Danielle left but when the public decided that they liked her, TPTB gave a twist to put her up. Mark and Winston who are really kind of silly but are adored on BOTS. Ash is a bump on a log and he has been shown in a positive light. Steven was fine with them when he was giving them their showmance, but now that Kim is gone, it's OK to get rid of him. They truly are taking lessons from the horrible producers of BB US.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The big lying (to the hms) started with that Secrets and Lies season a couple of years ago.

Actually looked it up... it was only last year! The big and really game changing lie was in week six when the hms were told to pick two people to go to the safe house. They chose Sam and Sophie, because they thought they would be safe anyway and that seemed a fair way to do it. Then the huge lie that upset almost everyone, Sam and Sophie got to choose someone to join them who they were told would then also be safe, they chose Dan. As the hms were right, Sam and Sophie would never go in a public vote, this completely secured the eviction of Dan, pretty much ruining the season imo, as he was such an interesting hm.

Lots of other lies this season but I think you're right, Flagg, the viewers were informed. This time not only were the viewers not informed, but neither were the hosts, both Emma and Rylan found out online!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Ive noticed various other lapses with production this season that have had a cumulative detrimental effect on the show. All apparently to cause more drama and conflict.

-What happened to the rule about not discussing nominations? No mention at all this season and they discuss nominations and who will be evicted all the time.

-Intruders were allowed to discuss outside information at will.

The "Power Trip" theme has been a disaster. No continuity or balance in powers granted to the different PHMs. Pauline was granted more power to affect the game than anyone since, and it destroyed the house dynamic right from the start.
At a whim, the most toxic housemate was given a pass through to finals. Why? obviously production told Pauline to choose her as there was no apparent reason for Pauline to do so.

The real "Power Trip" has been for BB production
-

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm just glad Christopher finally caught a break and doesn't have to sweat the public vote this week. (Though he has handled himself quite admirably during the weeks he has been up.)

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Remember that Pauline chose Helen only one day into the series, were there any confrontations in that first 24 hours that would have given Pauline any inkling that Helen would be as volatile as she was? Didn't most of her bad behavior come to light after she had the pass and didn't have to worry about her actions in the house?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Pauline chose Helen because she was a mother, it was the only bond she'd formed in the short time they'd been in the house and it seemed an admirable story, doing BB to get money to support your child. Unlucky choice for BB and the viewers, lucky one for Helen.

Christopher is by far my favourite now. I like Chris a lot but as a BB hm he's been a bit boring, or what we've seen of him has been. And I'm getting a bit tired of Mark's constant fear of being himself.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: C5 refuses to comment on immunity scandal

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/0723/exclusive-big-brother-2014-channel-5-refuses-to-comment-on-ashleigh-coyle-immunity-nomination-scandal

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Big Brother fans furious over Ashleigh nomination

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/0723/big-brother-2014-fans-furious-ashleigh-coyle-nomination-immunity-power-alliance-emma-willis-rylan

Mark distances himself from the Power Alliance

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/0723/mark-byron-distances-himself-from-big-brother-2014-power-alliance-ash-nomination-helen-steven

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting Helen has a child. It's a girl, right? What must this girl think of her mother's actions on this show. Holy Moly!}

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Helen has a 10 year old son.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I can't get on Big Brother Spy right now...seems they are down.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Kitt,

IIRC, Pauline also claimed Helen told her she wanted to become a foster parent and the 100 thousand pound prize would allow her to do so.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The only reason the power was revealed was to create drama, I can't say I didn't like it because I like drama, this made the show a bit closer to what I like to see, 'people feeling the heat...'.
I admire the way Steven took it, he knows he's going and he sees no point arguing, if he wanted to know the reasons it's understandable.
Ashleigh ending up on the block is pointless since she's not in any danger of eviction.
But with two intruders on the block I'm not sure about Steven going either. It's going to be either Pav or Steven, I'm glad Steven is prepared to go, I can only imagine he's anxious to see Kimberly again.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Amy. Not good for him to see his mother in action either.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they should have expected that there was a possibility that the power team would be revealed, but not the swap.

I don't know why Helen feels so entitled. I do see a reason for annoyance at them putting up originals over newbies, but also kind of agree it would be nice to give them another week, but how can she feel that it's not logical that the power players would feel least connected to Steven and Ash, and therefore most likely to put them up. Should Christopher just be her whipping boy again? Are Steven and Ash somehow more worthy than her other bestie Winston? Crazy.

I think the power group made a good attempt at describing why they chose who they did, and I don't really blame Mark for saying he didn't choose Steven or Ash. But you can't argue with people who don't see reason, and Helen, Steven and co only see things one way.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Interesting revealing tweet by Matthew in which he claims he wanted to tell the power alliance to nominate Winston (knowing he'd be save in a GBP vote) so one of Ash or Steven would be voted out this Friday. Says BB producers told him he couldn't do that and forced him to recommend Pav & Zoe.

https://twitter.com/MatthewDavies__

https://mobile.twitter.com/MatthewDavies__/status/492059975280492544?p=v

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
His actual tweets are

I wanted to tell them to nominate Winston, meaning either Ash or Steve's eviction would be guaranteed. Cont.... #BBUK

I was not allowed to do that as by implying that Ash or Steven would go meant sharing public opinion with the housemates. #BBUK

So they didn't say he couldn't say Winston, just he'd have to change the reason he gave. He should have thought about it a bit more and changed his words. Like "if you put up Winston then one of Helen's gang has to go." As long as he didn't make up something that directly disparaged Winston they would have thought about what he said and realised that Winston was a safe bet to stay.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Only just got to yesterday's BOTS. Kimberly interviewed well. If you believe everything she says then it was entirely to do with illness why she left, nothing to do with relationship worries at all.

I believe her as she seems fully into either the relationship or the story of the relationship that she wishes to exploit for the media at a later date.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
She looked pretty pained when Emma played back the the Sasha phone interview. To go from a 3-year relationship to an almost-overnight engagement to a boob like Steven will definitely qualify for Ripley's!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I've missed the last two days of shows & didn't see yesterday's bots, but am watching today's show and BB has finally gotten back to what made it good.

It's a comp where one team keeps winning while they do nothing, lol and the other team works hard but can't win for trying. So funny.