TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 22, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through July 22, 2014 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Steven thinks someone is coming back and he thinks it's Pauline....blasphemy!

Good cover, Ashleigh.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Interesting...Helen actually thinks she may go this Friday. Maybe Ashleigh will have the power to nom her.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Is Steven a heavy breather through his mouth? In the convo between him and Ash about Ash/Helen's relationship, I could hear heavy breathing and I think it was Steven.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Helen was mean to Christopher again. Said she'd give her final to Mark first and he said she wouldn't. She says she'd give it to Ash or ?? and Mark says that's not me. They are laughing.

Then she says if it was between Mark and Christopher, she give it to Mark because she'd never give it to Christopher (he's sitting right there.) Everyone starts laughing. Ashleigh gets up and leaves and repeats what just happened to Chris in the BR.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Of all the people there I can't understand Ashleigh, the way she speaks, they seem to me they're all speaking different English, some are very clear to me but others it's painful for my ears...

So, I could not understand what kind of power Ashleigh has, it seems strange no one suspects her, even though she did say she already had the power so she doesn't have it now, a good way to cover her power, but her cheerful talking should have been a clue, her laughing when no one else was laughing should have been a clue to Winston when he was questioning her... but I guess they'll soon find out.
Helen seems sincere when saying that if it's her time to go she'll go with no problem, even if she goes on Friday, so she is prepared to have her pass to finalist taken away.

I wonder though who really gave the power to Ashleigh, Big Brother said the public... oh pleeeease!!! could they be more pathetic in their effort to make it look it was not Big Brother's decision, of course it was. Although I don't think she was in any danger of eviction on Friday, not with Steven and Pav already clearly the next ones to go.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ashleigh and her other power housemates (BOTS has shown her pick Chris as the second power housemate, and I think it said they will pick one more) get to pick the nominees this week.

So far (as seen on BOTS) they have picked Steven as the first nominee.

On BOTS they were saying how well Ashleigh was hiding being the power hm, but it looked obvious to me that she was overacting and nervously giggling.

Spunky, Ashleigh was chosen as the power hm by those using that BB App they keep talking about. I don't know what subset of voters that is.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
The Power Alliance is now: Ashleigh, Chris & Mark.

nominated for eviction are: Steven & Ash.

more alliance members & nominees to come in the next few days.

videos available at the BBUK website:

http://bigbrother.channel5.com/

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Very good BOTS show after Monday's episode. It would have been perfect if it didn't include Biannca on the panel. I just loved Glyn Wise take on the HMs. Calling Helen a bully, Ash is boring, Steven is a phony and saying Mark is game player using Christopher. Rylan almost swallowed his mike at his Helen remarks and quickly said it wasn't fair. Rylan you want to see unfair look at BOTS & the BB producers campaign against Danielle during the last 4 weeks. Mrs. Willis probably fainted at Glyn's thoughts on her favorite Mark. LOL Only good from Biannca's appearance is hear Steven approached her about having a threesome with Kimberly.

I would love BOTS to get rid of Emma, Rylan, Ian, Luisa and the so-called 'expert' psychologists, performance coaches & body language experts that got their credentials from a cracker jack box and replace them with Glyn, Vanessa Feltz, John McCririck and anyone else who won't toe the producer's company line and instead tells it like it is!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Kitt, your stream is buffering, clear your cache and/or reboot before the show.

I don't know what the problem with my stream was yesterday, it had a show about pet monkees & then BB started & I just had the eye. It finally came back after I rebooted, so I guess it might just be my computer. I don't know.

I believe any time you are in the hospital, they have a saline IV, in case they have to administer drugs & keeps you hydrated.

Kitt, I really appreciate you sharing with us insight into the british perspective. With you knowing both cultures, you understand best what confuses Americans.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tonight on Bit On The Side - 22nd July

about 10 hours ago

With a brand new Power Alliance calling the shots, the House is in a state of turmoil - which means there's plenty for Emma and co to talk about on tonight's Bit On The Side.

The lovely Mrs Willis will be joined by fake tan fans Jenna Jonathan and Natalee Harris from The Valleys, Apprentice winner Stella English, and Daily Star telly man Ed Gleave. The ever insightful Judi James will also be dropping by to explain what our housemates' body language really says about them.

All in all, it's shaping up to be a great show, so tune in at 11pm on Channel 5 to get all the goss.

- See more at: http://bigbrother.channel5.com/tonight-bit-side-22nd-july#sthash.4HVVoiKb.dpuf

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It is buffering, Willwillbe, but I think it comes from problems with the stream, not me. I turn the mac on only to watch BB, so it is recently rebooted, and the other day (I only tried this once, so not a good sample) I thought I'd download VLC to my main laptop and watch there - it had the same silver/grey stop/start with a new VLC and first time watching. I think something external is affecting the stream somehow.

Glynn was pretty forthright on yesterday's BOTS! I don't remember him being quite that bold before!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I keep seeing Big Brother housemates on the commercials during the show, even the little dog of Danielle... what's up with that? This time it was Steven and Kimberly hugging... other times it was Helen doing something, it was a commercial... I think.

Anyway, this bb is getting predictable since we know who the public wants out... there is no way of any strategy talk with the hiddent power.. a bit disappointing.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I just saw a video on the BBUK website where BB pulls a fast one on the power alliance. Not very happy with these producers. They're worse than Grodner in trying to affect the outcome.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Can you tell us what happened in the spoiler thread, Jbw, the video won't play and I haven't found text about it yet.

I haven't noticed the hms in adverts, but I tend to nip and do something in the breaks. It sounds more like a promotion for the show that a proper commercial though.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It is certainly something that I don't agree with the way power is granted, I think it should be earned somehow. For this part kudos to the US version since they work hard to get the power and so deserved, but here it's as BB decides... the public is a cover...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So far Steven and Ash are nominated, Ashleigh recruited Chris and Mark as her allies... needless to say I just don't like it, eek!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jbw I found it... stupid thing for BB to do, just going to make people hate them more, but I don't think it will change the result.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On BOTS they're showing the ex-hms advising the Power Alliance and they all hate Pav??! Danielle says Pav is obsessed with Ashleigh and she needs to watch out for him??! I don't know what they're seeing but I'm certainly not seeing it myself.

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
After reading some facebook posts and comments I have decided I can't get emotionally invested in big brother anymore, the hate that is spewed towards various housemates makes me sick. We know so little of what really goes on in that house and for people make some of the vile comments, I can't do it anymore. I will continue to watch and take it for what it has become, a produced reality show. I will not get emotionally invested like I have in the past because it isn't worth it now.

Sorry, I just needed to vent because I am tired of people not being allowed to have their own opinions of housemates.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's why I avoid DS as much as possible. It's good for looking up info but the threads get nasty really quickly, the threads that don't just start off nasty to begin with. Even the main BB US thread here, normally a relatively gentle place, gets really contentious during BB time. There's just something about the show that brings out the worst in people.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Amy, we're pretty decent here... there are ways and ways to express opinions and here we have strong opinions without being offensive to other posters.

Kitt, I too saw the Bots show and I wonder if that show speakers are influencing public opinion or it's just a way to get the audience more involved in speculations...

Some are saying Big Brother has a way of granting power and then rudely take it away from them, look what they did to Toya...(boy, did she look a bit drunk when she sat at the dinner table or was the wine that good ?) so nothing will surprise me that this power alliance is not getting the results Big Brother wanted (pointing fingers at each other I guess) It felt so good seeing Steven's reaction saying it was definitely the public, it was definitely taking away the satisfaction from Ashleigh, all that power and unable to gloat.. (that's what looked like to me).

Some may say Ashleigh got better without Danielle, I'm not sure, I feel like I've already seen her colours and I can't change my mind about her.

My impression has been that Steven, Ash, Helen and Winston and even Christopher are a group getting along quite nicely now.
However if it's going to be between Pav and Steven I'm not sure who could go, Pav because I feel intruders are not generally liked, Steven because the public took a dislike to him and can't see anything good about him. But if they're fickle.. could be Pav going.

I don't mind Steven going because he needs to settle his situation with Kimberly, the sooner the better.

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I know, that is why I still post and hang out here for BBUK. Though some do get overly offended if you don't agree with their opinions but it's nowhere near as bad as other places on the internet. In the end it is a game and BB is in control, now more than ever before.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the motivation with the BB producers is drama. They seem to want people arguing about not just the housemates but the way the show is going as well. It seems a bit self defeating to me, like they don't realise that it may promote drama/chat now but they are dangerously close to the edge with many viewers.

In the end it might depend who the winner is. If in the end the main group of Christopher, Mark, Chris, Ashleigh do well (and I'm thinking how can they not, unless Zoe causes an upset) that it'll all work out as an "okay season" and people might forget by next summer.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Official clips came out, so I'm just going to say what's happened. The power alliance chose Steven, Ash, Pav and Zoe to go up, then there was a twist. The power alliance had to stand up, the nominated HMs were able to choose one of themselves to be removed from nomination, of course it was Ash, then they were able to choose to put up one of the power alliance, of course it was Ashleigh. So now, the noms are:

Ashleigh
Pav
Steven
Zoe

It's so contrived, so set-up, so unlike BBUK. And to top it off, Mark was basically kissing Helen's butt, acting like he didn't want to do anything, blah blah, he needs to go. They all seem shocked and surprised when someone goes up, like they are on vacation, rather than in a game. BB had something good this week, then messed it up. Hopefully Steven will go, but I'd rather see Mark go, even though he's not up. But who knows at this point, whoever the producers want to go, I'm sure will go.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Mmm, both intruders up??? If they're not generally liked one of them may go, however, if the Brits are bent on Steven to go, then he'll go (unless BB production decides otherwise).