TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through July 21, 2014 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Danielle is not a damsel in distress and doesn't need to be rescued by anyone. And not bashing Danielle is not seeing her that way. Speaking up for Danielle is not just about her, she can speak for herself, as she did on botp today, it's also about how BB has contrived this season and spun aspects of Danielle as part of that.

I thought Kimberly might have become dehydrated as a result of the canned food. It would be understandable they'd keep her in the hospital a few days, just to be on the safe side, not to mention she's a lawyer. That FB page is a community page, I don't think it's real or Kim. And I don't think she'd give up this opportunity bc of Steven or the public, I think she's stronger than that.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Although Kim's face shows very little expression, when Bianca was talking about the public seeing them she did looked pained. I really think she and Steven didn't realize it would be shown. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Kim was embarrassed for the world to see her basically having sex in public. She might have been sick but took the opportunity to bail. Why she would want him is really strange. She is pretty and smart but never caught on to his neediness or control issues.

P.S. the video says it can't play in US.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I have been a BBUK cheerleader, but find myself disenchanted by this season. I read the discussion on Dani vs. Helen. What I find impossible to believe is that out of the three newbies, not one of them uttered a word against Helen, despite her ugly behavior, and the public dislike of her. Talk about fake, she was the first one to jump up, hug, and glue her lips to their backsides. Do you think for one minute all three of them believed that was genuine? Dani, Chris, now that was a genuine reaction. BBUK is not subtle when they put someone in their "sights", they wanted Dani out, and they made sure it happened. Who can be sure of the true phone votes? Pav wanted Dani gone, Pav stayed and changed the eviction at the last minute. Interesting. My last comment on this is it is absolutely wrong to "out" one or two thru newbies and tasks while protecting others to the point it appears they were warned not to speak against her.

On to Kim. The last few shows she seemed very uncomfortable with Steven, very awkward. One scene at the table where she allowed him to kiss her, then she quickly kissed him on the cheek, and peck on the lips was like a performance after thought. She said several times she was unable to show emotion, etc. and she would explain more outside the house. She was very emotionally "flat" most of the time, even her expressions. I wondered what may have occurred in her past.

So now she finds herself with the pressure of the game, the pressure of betraying her live-in boyfriend, and the pressure of a new relationship broadcast for the nation to judge, while watching your new "love" turn into a psycho before your eyes! From the clinging, " I love you's", eyebrows, face rubbing, temper tantrums, that held the underlying message blaming her for ruining his game basically.... I think she cracked.

No one told Kim Steven entered the house with a girlfriend.... None of it adds up. I think Kim's health issue was a mental one, not physical, which explains the high level of silence. If she did leave based on health. Look at Jocasta in BB16. Kim was given blackout status. No one is talking, no one, and obsessed Steven is not reacting genuinely compared to his need for cling in the house with Kim.

I thought BBUK was more genuine... It is not. The after show is hard to take this year too because of the scripted "acting" that falls very short. I don't know his name, but can not stomach the guy hosting with Rylan on Sat. Nights.

I love the way Christopher put it about how they are all contradictions. I wish I could get Big Brother to say, "House guests, this is an important news flash, YOU ARE ALL PLAYING A GAME, you may now return to what you were doing". They all have strategy, some work, some don't.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sorry about the video being blocked, they must have found it after I posted. It was just a clip of Steven leaving the DR and telling the others what Kim said.... which I don't entirely believe.

I agree, Mamajenn, Steven's lack of concern now just doesn't match his clinginess when she was in the house, particularly as one of his things has been about her moving back in with her boyfriend if she left the house before him, and now that could actually be happening. Very weird.

I think the change in BB has been since Ch5 took it over. As I mentioned a few days ago, I think when they revealed hms' diary room conversations it was the beginning of the end of the whole BBUK special thing. If the hms don't trust their DR sessions are private the they won't tell them/us what they're thinking and everything becomes a charade.

I don't think there's scripted acting, but there is acting by the hms because they think it makes them look good. Mark for instance, and Steven.

I think tasks are manipulated to go with viewer feeling, for instance the big backlash against Danielle probably caused them to out her, which ironically created a big backlash that they shouldn't have done that. I think they try to work with what they think the viewers want, but because they sometimes go too far, because viewers are fickle, and because you can never please everyone, they sometimes get stuck in a path they wish they hadn't started.

One thing I am almost certain of is the voting is legitimate. There was a big scandal in the UK a few years ago over fixed phone voting and now there are strict rules and there have to be monitors on any voting that viewers have paid for. And I don't think there are many surprises in the votes anyway, usually you can see which way the voting's going before hand. That might be something I can see, as a Brit, better than some of you who aren't so familiar with the British psyche.

But that's where the real manipulation is, the stories they choose to show. Don't want a bad guy to go? - don't show them much so the viewers forget they hate them. Want Person X out? - show every annoying thing they did this week. That's where the manipulation in the show lies.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Exactly, I agree with Kitt and Mamajenn (thanks for your input), one thing I don't believe Steven wanted his 'thumbs up' right after the sex scene (he didn't even know it was being aired!) So, definitely is BB production that decides and thinking the public liked that, but they didn't and so Kim is out and Steven will be next to go, since the others in the house feel it will be an easy eviction this time because of the boos by the audience (this is another interference by BB but they're the boss).

I now think Steve should be next to go because I clearly see he doesn't need the money and he should get his story with Kimberly straighten out outside the house and put an end to it right away before the media keeps speculating on them. And I'm sure his mother will also be in his ear and he will for sure forget Kim as fast as he can.

Kimberly will have to snap out of it and get on with her life.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Well said Kitt. I wondered if voting was monitored like our Lottery since they do pay. This is only my second year watching, so your insight makes a great deal of sense. I look forward to BbAU, have only seen that once with Tim winning, I loved him in the diary room.

Hober

06-26-2004

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hober a private message Print Post    
Some members on the message board I usually read about BBUK are saying that the Facebook account where "Kim" posted is fake. Kim did post today on her official twitter account the following:

Thank you for ur support. Still in the hospital having tests but fully flattered by all the love especially w pending results tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Kimberly_Kisse/status/490886770956201986

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, Steven is clearly upset in the Diary Room but also a bit mad and I think with mixed feelings because he seems to know what exactly was the problem (he mentioned the sex again and the public not liking it) and I believe that's the reason. The hospital and the illness is a nice cover to the whole mess...

But Steven seems back to his old silly again and he's shaving his head..

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Anyone else having problems with VLC stream?

Steven's reactions appear to be more relieved that Kim is gone than concerned. His "acting" just seems to OTT.

Someone noted that Kim had her photos with her when she left/went to see the "doctor". Which would appear strange for a temporary outing. I replayed the clip and she did have what looked like a leather folder in hand but I don't know why someone would say it had photos, perhaps it was the same one she pulled out when Steven insisted she show him her photo of Sasha.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
stream isnt working for me either

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
My VLT stream is still excellent...

It was nice of BB to allow Steven to talk to Kimberly. I get the feeling that he's in to her more than she is... (always felt Kimberly to be a candle in the wind...).

I also think the others will jump on the opportunity to get an easy eviction with Steven, since they know how the public feels about him. They may want one of the intruders out first but Steven would be an easy pick because of the public. Outside interference wins again...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So the show ended with BB desperate to air something of Ash and Helen but all they got was a lot of movement and giggling... that's all.

No word of who will have the power, it could be that nominations will be as usual, everyone placing their nominations and eventually someone getting the power to change something...
I predict either Pav or Steven to go next.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I just read your post, we must have been posting at the same time earlier. I agree, Steven needs to go next. He needs to go, before he has even more to regret. I hope he is followed by Pav and Zoe, I don't like newbies, especially when not sequestered. It is not fair, especially when one has a celebrity fan base.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Who's got the power:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Ashleigh

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Kimberly has an IV?! She must have been very dehydrated or something? Surely she wouldn't need IV antibiotics for anything she caught in the house? She did at least say what Steven said she said to the others (or most of it). Wish I knew the full story!

When Steven was packing her stuff he packed a leather looking folder that BB must have provided that had Kimberly's name on it. I don't know if that's what the photos were in? When I saw Kim holding something when she left the house I thought it was her glasses in a case.

My VLC stream is mostly good but every now and then the last few times I've tried it it occasionally goes silver/grey and pauses for a bit, then restarts.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
My VLC stream is mostly good but every now and then the last few times I've tried it it occasionally goes silver/grey and pauses for a bit, then restarts.

Mine is doing that today, but it's better than nothing.

Zoe seems to like Ashleigh. Has there been a Power Task given yet?

I like this singing task.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A singing task where one side has a professional singer on their side.... very fair!

They've told Ashleigh she's the first power player but not what she has to do yet (unless I missed it!).

My stream is ok today.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Steven and Chris have pretty good voices. Mark takes everything so seriously.

Winston reminds me so much of my brother in law!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
The first power player, Kitt?

My stream is getting better as the show goes on.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Helen's group said Asheigh had a good voice. I'll have to listen for her later when this is on video.

And the winner is.....The B**ch & the Boys.

They weren't the best.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Getting confused with BBUS, was thinking there were going to be three of them, like the America's players!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Helen didn't win...Ashleigh got invited to the party. She's upset because she heard what Helen was saying.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh I'm completely confused now! I think they haven't told Ashleigh yet, it was just the "coming up" thing with them telling her that I saw!

I think Helen's team invited Zoe and Ash, not Ashleigh.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
They are telling her right now. She can't believe it.

Kitt, they invited Ashleigh. She's @ the party. Helen wanted Zoe & Pav, but Chris & Mark really fought for Ashley because she gave it her all and sounded nice.

ETA: You're right, Kitt. Ashleigh is not in the party. When I heard Ash I thought it was her because it was between her and Pav I thought. I thought Mark & Chris were fighting for her.

Chris told her he thought the decision was ridiculous. Sigh...Helen did win yet again. So hope Ashleigh gets to do something bad to her this week.

Heh, heh...maybe she can override Helen not being able to be nommed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My stream's just completely stopped now. I'm going to have to wait and watch the rest, I can't follow it as it is.