TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through June 25, 2014 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
She got what she deserved. Telling them all to calm the f down in a bitchy arrogant voice, what did she expect? She was being exactly what Ash called her.

She kicked it all off with that stupid statement. Did she expect them all to just calmly sit there and let her berate them for no reason?

She sounds like an idiot gong on and on about how "we didnt even get to nominate". She said it a dozen times or more. Canceling out 3 people's nominations is more powerful than 2 people nominating. Plus she conveniently forgets that she and Matt nominated Christopher.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The problem with Toya is that she goes on and on and on, she just won't let go even when the guys moved on to other areas, she keeps on arguing her point with others until they too don't know what to tell her, I think she's the one who ends up being intimidating and one almost has to avoid her for not becoming the victim of her wrath (Winston take note). I would steer clear of her, that's for sure.

I noticed that this type of nominations is what I liked in the Aussie version, however Down Under are not allowed to talk about nominations and so a lot of the bad rants we've seen in the UK BB are avoided.

I expect next eviction to be one of the guys.

I wonder though who ends up nominated, Toya or Matt by Friday?? If Toya keeps up this way the public may evict her... how funny that is, and she had the power. If Matt is the one nominated I'm sure he's safe. So I'm a bit confused as to how one of these two Power heads end up on the chopping block by Friday.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Toya did not deserve Ash, Winston and Marlon going after her they way they did, they acted like little boys, not grown men. Toya didn't decide to take away their noms, she and Matt were tasked by BB to choose three people, which means Toya was not alone in the decision. Had the HMs calmed down and listened, they would have found out why they chose who they did. And listening to Toya and Matt decide, it seemed it was about who they thought Ash, Winston and Marlon might nom, to make it a more even playing field for everyone in the house, not they themselves.

Before Toya and Matt could explain, Winston made a comment, then Ash kept saying that they put him up, when they had not. That is when Toya tried to tell them she and Matt did not nom at all, it wasn't they who put them up, it was other HMs. Ash refused to listen, and with Winston and the rest of the house making comments, Toya told them all they need to calm down. And at that moment, she wasn't angry or shouting, she was calm, she started shouting when Ash began to yell at her.

No one deserves what Toya got, and the fact that she didn't cower away showed she is a strong person, but at the same time, her talking about it, showed how much it upset and bothered her that they all did that to her. No one, but no one deserves the nasty comments from those three grown men. I'd eliminate them all for treating Toya that way, but unfortunately, only one can go.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
She started the confrontation. Everything after was entirely her fault for starting it in the first place. She wouldnt shut up so why should they?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree, Flagg. Toya was screaming and telling everyone else to calm down. LOL. Her way of "reasoning" with people is to keep flapping her gums so that no one else can get a word in edgewise--as we've seen her do with Jale. She's a beautiful, intelligent woman, who's her own worst enemy because she seems to lack any self-awareness.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I agree that Toya just can't walk away. After she nommed Christopher he told her twice he didn't feel like talking right then, but she wouldn't stop and made it into an argument.

She should have just let the guys go on about it and make themselves look bad. They would have figured it out eventually.

Ash's problem was the way she ordered them to Calm the F Down...he felt she didn't need to say it that way.

Wonder if Kim will now realize that Marlon, Winston & Ash possibly nommed her. At least 2 of them did; can't remember if Ash did. Ash should get in trouble for talking about noms. He said he knew who he was going to nom next time...meaning Toya.

In their discussion...Matt really didn't have that much of a say with Toya being his partner...something came up about who would vote for Danielle. It seemed they were trying to save her, but the guys they chose voted for Kim, so Danielle still went up.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
It's funny to watch the same thing and see it so differently. I saw that Toya didn't scream and yell, then mayhem ensued, she became angry after Ash called her a prick. I really don't care how Toya said 'calm the f down', she wasn't being nasty, she was talking over the HMs talking, but not nasty. Ash didn't like how Toya says something, so he calls her a prick and he and his friends start calling her names? I don't see any excuse for their behavior.

Someone had to be chosen, just like someone had to be up. And Toya and Matt didn't know who Ash, Winston and Marlon were nominating, they were guessing, but not to be hurtful, in their minds they were trying to be fair, getting it wrong, to me, doesn't change their intention. Ash got it wrong and Winston and Marlon followed suit, then they screamed and yelled and ranted and raved. They are little boys who lost their mommy and lashed out just the way she did when she went up.

I didn't like that Toya put Christopher up, I think it was more she than Matt. I think she was wrong to say she did it bc the place was not right for him, she doesn't even know him. But that doesn't take away what I thought of Ash, Winston and Marlon's behavior towards her, it wasn't one to one, it was three to one. Although everyone could have handled things differently, hindsight and all, I think Ash, Winston and Marlon were wrong and should apologize, and I hope one will be evicted.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Repeating what you've all been talking about, but I like to have it written down because sometimes I look back and reference it!

The power couple get to veto three hms' nominations, they choose before the hms nominate.

They choose Ash, Steven and Marlon.

Nominations went as follows:

Christopher: Chris (didn't admit to be phm last week, disservice to him), Marlon (attitude to women)

Winston: Danielle (turns up nose at conversation), Kimberly (doesn't get fully involved, moans)

Danielle: Chris (last week's phm and nommed her), Ash (believes Big Bang Theory (????!!!?))

Kimberly: Chris (intolerant to some hms, says they are boring), Marlon (seedy comments beyond her comfort zone)

Helen: Danielle (came to prove point not to be friends), Chris (not emotionally attached to anyone, gets bored)

Mark: Chris (little input to group conversations), Danielle (coming out of her shell but slow, doesn't want to understand others)

Jale: Steven (when Pauline changed to liking her suddenly he did too), Ash (anti-social behaviour, whispering)

Chris: Steven (talks to him like a client), Winston (amusing but vacant, playing "simple" card, lazy)

Ashleigh: Ash (rude over kitchen duties), Winston (messy in bathroom)

Ash: Danielle, Chris - VETOED
Steven: Daneille, Chris - VETOED
Marlon: Ashleigh, Kimberly - VETOED

Nominations before the twist are:
Jale (always up)
Chris 5 noms
Ash, Danielle 3
Marlon, Steven, Winston 2

Kimberly 1
Christopher, Mark, Ashleigh 0
Helen immune

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooops, of course Christopher was nommed by the power couple so couldn't be voted for.

Curious that they put so many up, they could have gone with the top three + Jale + Christopher.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just watching the argument now, to my point of view Toya definitely changed it from a discussion into an argument. They were all talking relatively calmly, then she shouted "you all need to calm the F down" (when no one was not calm) and people took offense. She did the "best defense is a good offense" routine. And then she just shouts and shouts and shouts and there's nothing that can be done except just let her run herself out.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting that when Danielle was going to get into Ash (I think) standing up to a woman Jale told her to take and breath and sit down, and she did, lol! Very good move by Jale because the conversation that would have made Danielle look bad and just made Toya worse.

Oh dear Toya is so in her own head. Can't see anything from anyone else's point of view.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
VLC player people, is there a way to bookmark the brightcove link within VLC so I don't have to find it and c&p each time?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Back to the VTs to judge who to save?! Seems a bit dated at this point. BB letting them snoop on people just seems like adding more fuel to the fire. And if they were getting information on who to save, why did BB let them eavesdrop on Helen?

Jale (always up), Christopher (power nomination) cannot be saved.

Of the others (Chris, Ash, Danielle, Marlon, Steven, Winston) the power couple get to save one person, they choose to save Steven.

Steven then has to replace himself with either Matthew or Toya. He chooses to replace himself with Toya, based on what he believes the public reception of her to be(?).

Final nominations:

Ash
Chris
Christopher
Danielle
Jale
Marlon
Winston
Toya

I'm still unsure why so many are up unnecessarily (because they had three nominees if they just took the 5 noms (Chris) and 3 noms (Ash, Danielle) people). Makes me wonder if there will be a double eviction. I don't think they have to tell the public if it's a vote to evict.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know how much more of this season I can watch

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Toya did the same "Calm Down" thing today with Helen. LoL, by the fifth CALM DOWN, she was screaming.

When people are upset, the worst thing you can do is tell them to calm down. She's telling them they don't have the right to be upset and like one of the peeps on BOTS, said, it's all projection. Toya is the one who can't calm down and is constantly yelling.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, she is constantly saying things that she thinks will make the other person look bad, so by saying they're not calm she hopes people believe she's the reasonable one.

I don't think there's any way of stopping her, the best you could do is just sit there quietly and take it, and the sort of people who would be on BB are probably not the sort of people who are just going to sit there and take it! Jale does for a while and probably poor Christopher does too, but with the rest it's just too much for me.

I want her to go. Like with Pauline, it's just too much of one thing in the house when I want to see them all. I think Marlon is a sexist pig (Kimberly said "seedy" which is maybe a better word) but at least he doesn't take over every situation. Ash hasn't done himself any favours but outside of this situation he hasn't annoyed or upset me too much.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
To me her repetitive "Calm Down!" to Helen sounded more like "Shut up", let's say it's a diplomatic way to tell a person to shut up but in fact what Toya is doing is shutting a person down, brooking no argument whatsoever! If someone tells me to calm down when I just want to vent I could do worse than shout... but Toya must be careful because all this 'taking control' could backfire on her and the public may get tired and evict her on Friday. I know it's not going to happen because it's time one of the guys go but she needs to tone down her arguments.

She uses Danielle and Ashleigh as her sounding board, however, I think production is focusing on her more than others nominated and that could play in her favour with the public if they keep promoting her and her arguments. Sometimes the public may support a strong minded person like Toya, especially if she keeps encouraging Danielle to stand by her beliefs.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it could happen, with a vote to evict and so many up it's going to take a lot of effort for the people who want her to stay to focus on one other person to evict. I don't know that there's a "big" other option, Marlon and Ash would be high on my list but both might be okay if the current situation blows over. I guess it depends what happens and what BB chooses to focus on nearer the end of the week.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Kitt, When I open the VLC player & click the arrow (play) button, it brings up "Open Media" - I click the "Network" tab & the last network URL is saved there - I assume automatically. Maybe I saved it to playlist or something. Anyways, check to see if it's stored on the player & if not save it & see if that stores it.

What blows my mind is Toya watched Pauline go from the public's most favorite HM to least fav in one week due to power tripping

... awwwwwww - I just answered my own question, because she *didn't* see it, even after Mark explained it to her, she didn't *get* it -

Someone planted the seed that maybe Matthew is planting seeds with Toya, makes me go hmmmmm. It does make sense to get the power players up for noms & save Danielle to go against in the finals.

I watched Mark on the first half of Shipwrecked, he seemed really genuine 5 years ago. I think he will win this. He seems to be a good guy, very personable & went against everyone to stick up for his friend & chose his friend. His friend was obnoxious, lazy, mouthy & not someone I would want to be stuck with on an island & everyone wanted her gone. I don't know if he had a genuine attachment or just sticking up for the underdog but he was loyal & tried to help her assimilate with the groups.

He's friendly to everyone and speaks his mind but in a nonthreatening way. I can't imagine anyone nominating him.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The funny thing is, these folks voted Toya as the PHM lol

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Maybe they voted for her to be PHM because they knew she would self destruct.

At this point I think it is VERY likely that Toya will go on Friday. There are no other obvious targets.

I just checked the bookmaker's odds. They all have Toya leaving by a HUGE margin over the rest.

Toya is gone. The UK public doesn't care that some people may think its time for a guy to go.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Danielle is getting the old bad edit tonight, so it looks like production is trying to keep Toya in the house

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Will, basically only Toya's little group voted her in. Not sure Helen would vote for her again.

I love how Toya is begging to be released from the house. She actually made some intelligent statements on last night's show, but she must know she's going and begging to be let out is her trying to save face.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Holy Cow! Helen is at it again. Started in on Matthew. Earlier she and Ash had a convo about Mark & Matthew's relationship. Ash said it was nice they got along so well, but of course Helen found a problem. According to her Mark liked Matt much more than Matt likes Mark. (How does she know?)

So..they are playing a game and Matt says one thing and she goes off on him. Wouldn't shut up; he leaves room. She's still calling him names.

BB called her...Toya says maybe she'll get kicked out. I sure hope so.

ETA: Check the spoiler thread to see why I don't think they will kick her out yet.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
At least this time she got a formal warning. She is such a strange one, when she's calmed down and someone calls her on her behaviour she does seem to realise how bad it is, but then she just goes and does it again.