TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through June 20, 2014 users admin

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Toya as the power HM will be a younger version of Pauline.

I expect her nominees to include Kimberly, Christopher, Marlon and possibly Chris who will join Jale on next week's chopping block.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't think Christopher is actually doing what the HMs are saying, I think everything he is doing is put under a microscope and twisted into something it's not. But also, from what bots said, he's a journalist, so he may be more inquisitive about what people are saying and doing than they are used to. I just don't think the HMs have given a valid chance, or even tried to get to know him. Who are these people to judge anyone that deeply? They met each other, like five minutes ago.

I didn't think Kim hopping in the same shower as Winston was a big deal, she wasn't showering with him, she was just taking advantage of the large shower he was in; I agree with Jale and Danielle in their chat with her. But true to form, the gossips, starting with Toya this time, ran with it. Who is Helen to tell anyone how to behave? And Pauline needs to go for lecturing Winston on how to behave. Seriously? Winston is not dating Tamara, they just met, he's not a child and he didn't need a virtual stranger to tell him what to do. But more to the point, nothing happened, the implication that something did, was completely made up.

I was wondering if Pauline's group has been gossiping and lashing out, in part, to make Pauline's new behavior look better to the viewers, so they'll keep her in. I'm not sure if anyone there would do that, but it did cross my mind. They're trying to make Christopher look bad, now that Helen got told off about Jale, so, I wondered, maybe it's a tactic. Although, it looks more like who they really are, especially Helen.

This season is not fun, I agree with bots and some here. It's like tabloid fodder, it's crazy. And OMG, I can't believe who is the next PHM, it's going to be a long week. Well, at least I hope that Pauline get's evicted tomorrow, maybe then other personalities will come out. No one there needs to be mothered, it's like Carol all over again, not a good thing for Pauline to strive for.

Bearlee

05-18-2005

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bearlee a private message Print Post    
I thought that BB told them nominations were cancelled last week as the secret PHM was doing the noms. Nothing has been said (that I am aware of) that this weeks PHM Toya will be doing the noms. I hope that the HMs will all be doing noms.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, the Tv schedule has changed!! (See what I said about that guy not being able to predict the whole season, it changes within a week!) It is definitely:

1-2.30pm Pacific Time for the eviction and interview
2.30-3.30pm Pacific Time for BOTS

Maybe the ratings were lower for the interview last week, because of the break.

Looks like England is out of the World Cup, but while matches are being played I can see Ch5 shifting show times if a big match is on, as they know people will skip it for the game. Might be a wishy washy few weeks for tv schedules.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Playing catch up this morning... trying to get up to date before the eviction...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
True, Bearlee, we don't know what the PHM will do this week, it's probably unlikely they'll nominate because that's what happened last week. I hope their powers don't single out particular people, they need to do group things for a while or it's just going to get worse for the picked on people. I wouldn't mind Toya singled out for any bad decisions she might make for the group though ;).

Here's how they voted (from last night's BOTS) for PHM

Danielle: Ashleigh (diplomatic)
Chris: Danielle (needs chance to stand center stage)
Toya: Chris (people underestimate him)
Christopher: Matthew (will have no qualms)
Matthew: Kim (most fair)
Jale: Kim (level headed)
Steven: Kim (won't put him up)
Kimberly: Mark (trust he'll be fair)
Winston: Matthew (clever)
Marlon: Winston (doesn't take himself too seriously)
Ash: Helen (she'll be fun with it)
Mark: Toya (queen toya)
Helen: Toya (good person)
Pauline: Toya (will think through her decision)
Ashleigh: Toya (will be fair)

Toya 4 votes so is PHM
Kim 3
Matthew 2
Ashleigh, Danielle, Chris, Mark, Winston, Helen 1
Pauline, Christopher, Marlon, Steven, Ash, Jale couldn't be voted for as they are up for eviction

(I was blanking out on which of the males was which, but I think the above is right)

I'm a bit suspicious that Toya voted for Chris because she thought he would have to make tough decisions that they could then attack him for. The rest of the votes seemed reasonable (for the voter) although I was surprised that Kim chose Mark. I think Ashleigh's taken in by Toya so although that seems crazy to the viewer it makes more sense to her, I think.

Oh, and on the last couple of shows... the shower thing... way too much! Just an excuse to pick on Kimberly. And Helen is meant to know what looks good and what doesn't??!

I'm a bit concerned that the lack of screen time for Pauline will mean she isn't out tonight. Hopefully early voting will have sealed her fate.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
If in England the public likes to keep controversial housemates then the most obvious eviction should be either Ash or Marlow and since a gal already left I think a guy would balance that... but who knows, I don't care if Pauline goes, or Jale, I just would like the guys to stay for now.

So they voted for the next power to be Toya? Wow! I wonder if they figured out she got the most votes...

They're picking on Kimberly, she's the one I prefer among the girls... go figure!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My favourite too. I don't mind Ashleigh but she's very easy to sway.

It would be good if a guy went to balance out the genders, but I still want Pauline to go. The house would just be so different (and better) without her. We'd still have Helen and Toya for the control and witchy aspects, we don't need Pauline too.

Show has started and
Ash gets disinterested cheers
Christopher gets reasonable amount of cheers
Jale gets more cheers
Marlon gets a few boos
Pauline gets HUGE boos!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was thinking, why don't they cast verbally aggressive men when they cast verbally aggressive women quite often? The men with the worst cases for that are often gay, like Mark, which I suppose feels a bit "gentler" than if it was a big man like... can't remember his name, the one on Celebrity BB who was trying to calm an argument with Speidi and suddenly started shouting.

I bet it's something to do with liability and audience complaints. Maybe the viewers are happy to just boo and gossip about a female but actually want BB to do something if it's a more physically scary male. And that puts pressure on BB that they'd rather not have.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Voting lines are frozen, Emma's talking to the house. Chants are still clearly "Get Pauline out!" They can definitely hear the cheers or boos, they're reacting to them.

Christopher and Ash have the fewest votes and are SAFE (not clear if the order given was the actual order of the two, but they are the bottom two).

I think Ash wasn't so much saved as ignored ;).

Voting lines reopen!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anybody else watching?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
PHM Toya has TWO massive decisions to make by the end of the show, according to Emma.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Emma reveals the results:

Second person evicted from Big Brother 2014 is:

Pauline!

Steven has always said he trusts the viewers, he should listen to them.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Damn I thought it started at 4:00 like every other day this week.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
79.4% voted her out!

39% voted her PHM in week one.

She seems to blame Jale.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
As expected Pauline thinks she did nothing wrong and blames her eviction entirely on her argument with Jale.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Evictions are almost always at 1PT, 4ET :-(.

Pauline doesn't even seem to understand what Emma is trying to say to her, even though Emma's doing a pretty good interview.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't mind Toya singled out for any bad decisions she might make for the group though ;).

Kitt, that would be the only good reason for her being PHM this week. I don't understand how people voted for her after her recent behavior.

Is it possible that they are selecting the PHM from the first vote in the order they came in the voting, ie., the first week this was the order:

1) Pauline
2) Chris
3) Toya

I liked Toya the first week, but she has recently become unbearable, so I can't understand how the audience could currently vote her as PHM.

I am watching, Kitt. Just tuned in @ 2:00 PM PT and am so glad they changed the schedule this week. ROFL @ Pauline's interview with Emma. I don't think Emma likes her much. Interview over. Too funny!

Who voted for the PHM this week - still the audience? Why is BB telling the HG's who the PHM is?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
PHM reveals...

BB announced Toya is next PHM. There will be a power COUPLE this week, Toya gets to choose, she chooses Matthew.

They have to nominate one person (not Helen (safe), not Jale (always up)), together, in front of the others. They move away from the sofas, and BB makes them move back. They can't decide, BB says one of them will go up if they don't. They eventually nominate Christopher.

Emma reveals Toya and Matthew are not safe, and one of them will be up for eviction this week too!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
BB told HG's Toya is PHM, but she will be part of a Power Couple. She picked Matthew. They need to nominate someone and are taking too long. Finally, (shocker) she picked Christopher to be the nominee.

Yee Haw! Toya & Matthew don't know it, but they are not safe either.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Did they say that the Housemates chose the power housemate?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The housemates voted for PHM this week, not the public.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Cricket, this PHM was decided by the other housemates, not by the viewers. Up a bit (my 10,37am post) it shows who voted for her - Mark, Helen, Pauline, Ashleigh. Now we have to hope it's Toya not Matthew who ends up on the block this week!

Poor Christopher. He's this year's scapegoat.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I didn't hear the part about one of them being up for eviction. Does anyone know what the audience was told when they were voting for a PHM this week?

Toya already complaining how hard it is to be PHM. She can tell Christopher it's not personal all day long. I don't believe her.

I'm surprised Steven isn't crying. He lost his Pauline and he got booed. He acts like such a wuss.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Anyone think Rylan is going to be afraid of Pauline on BOTS? What is the strap across that wee jacket he's wearing?