TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 09, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: BBUK summer series starts in June 2014: Archive through June 09, 2014 users admin

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I fear that the person who gets the pass could end up being a terror in the house knowing that they can do anything they want and have zero repercussions. It could end up be entertaining but it really depends on who it is.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On first glance I'd give it to the latest guy, Chris, the miserable joker. He's my kind of guy ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Night two housemates!

HM#11 Toya, 29, youtube blogger, tv presenter, host, doesn't like men drama, says revenge is sweet like chocolate, argumentative, dictatorish qualities. Crowd happy.

HM#12 Chris, 33, actor, illustrator, plays misfit characters like psycho clowns, polite, makes a lot of jokes. Jokes he's going to be a misery and will urinate in the kitchen. Crowd doesn't get the joke.

HM#13 Ashleigh, 18, just left school, model, bubbly, dipsy but not stupid, opinionated, bad temper. Crowd happy.

HM#14 Marlon, 22, in Optics, loves ladies, always one step ahead. Crowd happy.

HM#15 Ash, 26, model, successful with girls, laid back, lazy. Crowd mixed.

HM#16 Jale, 33, customer service adviser, lots of things annoy her, talks a lot, not talking would freak her out, has to bite her tongue all the time, hotheaded. Crowd happy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jale doesn't fit in with the others at all. Weird choice.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pauline chooses to give Helen a pass to the final. Helen has to go into one of the perspex boxes, glitter falls, everyone gasps. Pauline cries.

Pauline is told in 48 hours there will be a vote. She will be immune from this first vote, and gets one killer nomination... that person will face eviction every single week until they are out!

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
This is one of the stupidest moves in BBUK history.

The killer nomination is not fair either.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I suspect at some point they'll be a chance to alter these things with a task or a power vote:

Like say after a vote the person with the power can:

Take the pass to the final from Helen away for themselves - but if they do that, the prize money will be halved.

OR

Put the killer nomination designation on themselves (either taking it off of someone or reactivating it if the person who had it is out by then); if they do that, the prize money will be doubled.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea this power trip thing goes all season, right?
So at some point the power housemate will undoubtedly be able to remove the free pass from Helen, or the money from Mark or the killer nomination from whoever gets it.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt for the calendar & HM summary!

I counted down the hours til Launch yesterday & then had to leave & missed the live show lol

I can't tell difference between Christopher & Matthew.

Strategically giving nice girl Helen a pass to the final was pretty stupid. Strategically Jale would have been the best option (according to the VT). She would be the easiest to beat in the finals. If Helen truly is a nice girl, she probably already had a pass to the finals anyway.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I cracked up on another forum when they put Matthew in the box, one poster expected BB to say "RELEASE THE BEES". It would have been hilarious if they said "RELEASE THE BEES" & then rained down a bunch of small plastic "B"s after roaring out the sound of a million Bees. The person in the box would probably soil their pants.

I assume that the pass & killer nom are not set in stone, that would be too boring.

I posted about MTV buying ch5, which might make next season amazing with a real budget. Hopefully, this season will have high enough ratings to encourage MTV to fund BB UK to Ch4 high budget. Last night's ratings were over 2 mil, not quite the 5 mil from the ch4 days, but not a bad start.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lol to release the bees!!

I think BB might begin to pick up ratings, but it still seems to be a "don't admit you're watching" kind of scenario. One of my nieces mentioned watching it on facebook, and my nephew told her she was a loser, that sort of thing. At least they seem to have the hosts right now, I think both Emma and Rylan are really excellent.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh, Wil...the guy in the box would have freaked if they'd said, 'Release the Bees.' Hah! Hah!

He admitted he wasn't all that confident as he tried to come off. I'm not sure what to think of this season yet. I have to agree with you Kitt about Jale. Much different than the rest of the group.

I can't see all the 'live from the house' shows, some say can't see in my country, but I wish they'd give us a little more in the way of live feeds. Thirty minutes doesn't help in any way to get to know their personalities.

I'm a little worried about this Power thing because the UK BB was so much better than ours. If it ain't broke, don't fix it and don't mess it up by doing something stupid.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So barely 15 or so hours in and Danielle is already crying in the DR about the awful topics of conversation.

She claims to be a lingerie model and she cries when they talk about animal genitalia. Of course it was probably worse than what they showed in the short edited highlight clip.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Rob Cesternino from Survivor is doing a video recap/podcast series about BBUK with Ian Terry (BBUS winner last year?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0aw8oJgug

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I got this over at Jokers. The whole season schedule.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl1t50g9lik82lk/BBUK%20Schedule%202014.pdf

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There seem to be a few troublemakers in there, can't remember their names but the blonde and brunette who were talking are going to be a pain. I liked Pauline first episode but I wasn't impressed with her characterisation of several of the others' VTs, particularly Chris's.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
That was Tamara and Helen, both regurgitating what Pauline told Tamara about Chris's VT.

Then it was funny how Steven was also repeating the bit about urinating in the kitchen, but it had already been exaggerated to "pissing in the kitchen sink"

The fact that Pauline takes any of it at all seriously shows how she doesnt know much about the show. They all know the VTs are always over the top and exaggerated because they are trying to get onto the show.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
On tonight's episode, this whole "power trip" deal is playing out exactly the same as the "Big-Brotherhood" back in 2007.

Pauline was told to invite 3 people to a lunch party, and those 3 got their suitcases and a good lunch when everybody else has apparently little to no food. Pauline picked Helen and Mark again, both of whom already won the best prizes. She also picked Danielle.

Then that night she was allowed to choose 4 more people for a party, and the 3 earlier picks would attend as well.

So there is immediately a big divide in the house between Pauline's favorites and everybody else who havent got their suitcases yet. This is pretty much exactly what happened with the Big Brotherhood.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In some ways I like the forced drama (by creating division) because it's more exciting to watch (usually) but I prefer the house to evolve more naturally. Unless you have hours to spend watching personal interactions though, I do accept it often makes for a boring house.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the links!! Love Rob & Ian's take.

I checked out Danielle's twitter link & she doesn't seem to be quite the nun she's trying to portray. Her twitter shows a party girl. I found it unsettling that many of her pics show her headless.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
So it seems like the religious innocent Danielle is all an act.

hamsterwatch ‏@hamsterwatch 7m
#BBUK Danielle's goody-two-shoes virgin act might be all an act http://i.imgur.com/DJ0gwCO.jpg (adultish content) via @Donut64 @bigbrothrgossip

hamsterwatch ‏@hamsterwatch 5m
more risque shots of Danielle, who claims to be "classy" http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/big-brother/382516/Big-Brother-s-Danielle-McMahon-in-topless-shoot-despite-claiming-she-s-classy … #bbuk

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Someone here sent me a private message on where to watch, but I can't find the message anymore. Can you please resend?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I can't imagine why Danielle would think that her prissy, innocent act would endear herself to the other housemates or the great British public. It was funny, though, how the others just melted away after she spouted off about gay marriage.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nominations from today's show:

Helen (pass to final) and Pauline (power player) are immune from votes. Pauline won't do normal nominations, but she has the killer nomination power.

Danielle: Matthew (game plan, sneaky, speculates), Steven (lad's lad, crude)

Matthew: Danielle (caused divide), Jale (rolled eyes, could blow up)

Toya: Marlon (cuts her off, hands down pants), Christopher (quick to vocalise issue with some going to Pauline's party)

Christopher: Danielle (holding back, afraid to get involved), Matthew (endless speculation and categorisation)

Helen: Jale (jealous of how everyone loves Pauline), Ashleigh (not much on common with her)

Kimberly: Tamara (conversations not deep, ignores her), Ash (arrogant mindset, his opinion is right and no room for error)

Marlon: Toya (not interested in his background), Mark (demanding about his things)

Chris: Tamara (lives in her own head, protected by her circle), Winston (nice but aware of cameras, mirrors, self conscious)

Mark: Kimberly (dismissive), Jale (Pauline says she had too much chicken)

Tamara: Jale (had too much chicken, rude), Kimberly (rolled eyes)

Winston: Marlon (might not be all he's being, overly nice, potentially fake), Danielle (miserable, moped about)

Ash: Danielle (hasn't put effort into speaking), Ashleigh (goes to be early, should be here for fun)

Jale: Steven (not real with her), Tamara (doesn't talk to her unless bored)

Ashleigh: Tamara (no effort made with her), Winston (not sure what he's talking about)

Steven: Jale (thinks she won't react well if crossed), Chris (VT about peeing in sink, calling people b___ards)

Jale 5 noms
Danielle, Tamara 4

Ashleigh, Kimberly, Marlon, Matthew, Steven, Winston 2
Ash, Chris, Christopher, Mark, Toya 1
Helen 0 (pass to final), Pauline 0 (power player)

Pauline's killer nomination to be announced in the live show (I think).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, at the very least they've learned not to be controversial! I think Pauline is going to nominate Jale over the chicken incident. If Jale, Danielle and Tamara are the only ones up I think Danielle will go.