TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2013: Big Brother (Summer): Archive through August 09, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have no idea about Charlie's motives. My instinct is she doesn't do it on purpose as in the trouble she makes isn't calculated, it all stems from her need for attention and her very selfcentred way of looking at everything, where she seems to think everything everyone says is about her in some indirect if not direct way.

Did you notice in yesterday's show Charlie was having a normal conversation with Hazel where Hazel said nothing wrong or ambiguous, then without expressing any doubt or confusion to Hazel, Charlie went straight to someone else (Gina I think?) to relive it all and ask whether Hazel's motives could have been bad. Then when finished with Gina she went to Sophie, and of course because Sophie doesn't like all the behind the scenes stuff she told Charlie to talk to Hazel about it, she even, in what I thought was a big hint, said something like "you don't want to be talking about someone behind their back." Then Charlie went to Hazel and started up the drama. And yes, at the end of it Charlie felt persecuted and misunderstood... as always.

How many times has Charlie done that sort of thing and we've not seen it? We've seen small examples before but nothing as explicit as what they played out for us there. I almost think they'd asked the friends and family their reasons for nominations and when a few of them had noticed that about Charlie they made sure the audience understood what they meant.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I thought Charlie's friend bringing up the Daley thing in such detail was a bit below the belt. She basically told one more than slightly distorted side of the story to people who didn't have the other side, and the only way Hazel would be able to defend herself would be to tell why Daley was evicted, which she understandably doesn't want to do. I thought the friend might have said it to try to make Charlie look better for her comment about a week ago(?) to Hazel, where she said something like "I feel like Daley must have felt." She possibly thought a friend of Charlie's talking about Daley again would make the housemates think Charlie was justified in saying that.

Plus the friend sounded freakishly like Charlie and talked on and on the same way Charlie does!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Charlie doesn't seem to be able to think for herself. Since we've met her mother, it could be that Mom has always done her thinking for her. No matter what anyone says, Charlie needs to go to another person and get their opinions. She certainly lacks the filter that most people have between the brain and the mouth. When she repeats and repeats the conversations she has had, they get slightly distorted. That happens to all of us. By the time the story gets back to the original person, they rightly think Charlie is bad mouthing them. Sort of like the old telephone game. By the end, it's a whole different conversation.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Mamabatsy, I totally get where you can't spend any more time on *another* BB but I would highly recommend you check it out. I'm obsessed with BBUK & BBAU & don't have time for BBUS. I watch the show but don't get involved with the feeds or keeping up with too many discussions.

I understand you are too invested to give up at this point but BBUS is a mess & BBUK is getting boring & both will end when BBAU is still going.

BBAU is light hearted & fun - very little bitchiness. I don't think I've seen a season that didn't keep the fun aspect for the most part.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today's show was very confusing, I couldn't remember the situations and therefore couldn't tell who was lying. The one clip of "previously" they did show didn't clear anything up.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
delete

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Some of the things that Hazel said Charlie had said to her, I had seen before, so I tend to agree with Hazel on this. I'm still not so sure Charlie is unaware of what she says, but I do see she kept doing it, even though she was told over and over about her saying the wrong thing, so, I don't know about her. To me, it looked like Charlie was trying to sway people against Hazel, which is odd for a friend to do to another friend, so it looks to me like Charlie didn't really see Hazel as a friend afterall. It is a game, so Charlie has a right to do whatever she likes, but I thought she was very wrong to imply Hazel was hamming it up when she showed emotion, or when she compared Hazel confronting her with something, to the Daley situation.

I'm tired of people blaming Hazel for Daley, like Charlie's friend did, or Carol did today on bots. Hazel is not responsible for Daley leaving, nor for his actions with her. He has the girlfriend, he said he wasn't sure he did, he made reference to his body's reactions in the house, not Hazel and so on. Grant you, she could have stayed away, even with Daley saying he wasn't sure he had a GF, but not doing that doesn't make her a bad person, it makes her immature, naive, or bored and wanting to have fun in the house, or whatever reason. Daley is a grown man and he is responsible for what happened to him. What he did to Hazel in that room was over-the-top and very close to abuse, if not abuse itself--he was in her face in a very aggressive manner and it frightened her. And there is no way Hazel is in any way responsible for Daley leaving the house, he is a grown man, he did what he did.

In any event, on the live feeds tonight, Charlie seems okay as the ball has bounced back to Hazel. Apparently (in a clip) Sam told Gina Hazel was the one to watch out for, not Charlie (Gina asked his
opinion). Then later, with Sophie, Charlie and Gina, Dexter went on and on about Hazel, with Gina seemingly lapping it up. If they don't like gossip about them from Charlie, then why are they doing it to Hazel?

Anyway, I don't know who should win, perhaps Sam, bc he seems very genuine, but I really would love to see Hazel win, just to show them all. I still want Dexter to go this week, though, but with this new turn, I wonder if it won't be Hazel, I hope not.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Gina has a real thing about Hazel, it doesn't surprise me in the least if she goes back to being against her. I don't particularly like Hazel but Gina's obsession with labelling Hazel as evil makes me want to take Hazel's side over Gina's on anything involving the two of them.

I think Hazel will go. Second place Charlie. I did think there was a chance Charlie would go (which I'd like) but the public seem more generous to her than I am ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I presume this is legitimate as it was retweeted by Emma Willis:

Outside Organisation ‏@outsideorg 4h

.@Channel5Press has announced Celebrity Big Brother: the Live Launch with @Emma_Willis will be aired on Thursday August 22 at 9pm #CBB @bbuk
Retweeted by Emma Willis

so soon!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think I might be the only one but I'm getting so upset at the treatment of Hazel... and I don't even like Hazel! They're causing her physical pain for fun and then call her disgusting when she's upset about it. Grrrr. Annoying me, had to vent.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Hopefully the GBP will vote out the bullies instead. This task is not doing any favors for Gina or Charlie.

I like Hazel. I was pretty disgusted with her behavior with the men (Dan, Daley & the twins) but at least she's been real & no one has ever been through the ordeal she's endured. She may be cussing & screaming but she's never played the victim.

Charlie drives me nuts, I hope she goes.

BBUK used to be 13weeks but they cut it down to add a CBB in the last 3weeks.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree, Kitt. It was just wrong to keep stinging Hazel, and BB shouldn't set up scenarios like that. It reminds me of experiments that they do when they give students permission to shock subjects, and they just get meaner and meaner.

Hober

06-26-2004

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hober a private message Print Post    
I am also upset about the treatment of Hazel. I do not like the Gina favoritism that production has been giving her. I do not like that her boyfriend was allowed to add the comment about staying away from Hazel. What happened to no outside contact?

Hazel usually takes on all tasks so if she had gotten fed up, it had to be bad. Then to make it worse, you had Sophia stirring the pot. I didn't see Sophia being stung that often. She did Gina's makeup, nails, cooked for her. If it were me, I would had made them completely fail the task so they wouldn't have cigarettes and since I was probably being evicted, it wouldn't have mattered to me.

Gina, Charlie and Sophia came across really bad.

I hope that Hazel can survive this elimination or we'll have 12 days of Hazel trashing / bashing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You make me feel a lot better! Although Emma (on BOTS) had slightly changed her tune the audience were still gung ho pro-Gina/anti-Hazel.

It seems a lot of the tasks have set Hazel up: this one having Gina be her ruler and able to single her out; the one where she and a twin were commentators and everyone heard them basically b__ch about everyone without their knowledge; the one where Hazel didn't get a fan letter. It just seems unfair. Maybe BB are trying to get her some sympathy votes but it all seems pretty cruel to me. One thing it has done is highlight how spiteful Gina is when she's set on someone, so maybe they thought they ought to give Gina a fairer edit, as she'd had such a good one before. I don't know.

Eviction tonight... I guess Hazel will go although I'd love Charlie to. I still think Charlie means well but like Callum, she's just so tiresome.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I agree about what Gina, Sophie and Charlie did on the bee task, I was particularly surprised Sophie had gone behind Hazel's back a couple of times telling Gina and Charlie her spin on what Hazel had said. I don't know why Gina was picked for the queen anyway, it looked like she was just chosen, not won something to get it. And yesterday her bf sang on bots, so, as farfetched as it might be, I wondered if Gina's family has paid for her air time. Then again, I don't believe she's really wealthy, I still don't believe she's genuine, which was funny for a while, but now her behavior is over-the-top nasty. I thought Haze's mom was right about Gina not knowing Hazel, I still do, but now Gina keeps perpetuating what Charlie's friend said, even this morning, very nasty side of herself Gina is showing.

I don't have a problem with Hazel, I actually like her, I never thought she did anything to the men in the house, I saw that as gossip, or things over blown, as in, whatever she did was made to look bad. Hazel did say it herself, if something bothered or upset her, she would stay away for a while to think about it, or calm herself, then go back, when Dan was upset about something, she did that for him, she said, not knowing him, I guess she thought he did that too, anyway, they spoke about it. Emma on bots doesn't seem to care for Hazel, so things she says, to me, spins whatever against Hazel, like she did a couple of days ago to a Hazel fan on the phone, Emma actually implied things escalated with Daley bc of Hazel, no, he is 100 percent responsible for his behavior. Also, Hazel and Charlie spoke yesterday, where Hazel told her side and I guess they are okay and will watch everything back and determine what actually happened later.

Dan yesterday did say Hazel should go bc it looked like she's had enough, but honestly, I would love to see her stay and get to the finals with the twins and Sam, that would be a good outcome to me. But if she does go tonight, then she'll have a really great week with Dan and her family, perhaps even Charlie if she goes too.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm ready for Gina to go. Too bad she was nommed so early that the public got used to saving her. BB seems to cater to her and I'm so over it as well as her. She's not all that and it's not fair to the other housemates that she keeps getting special attention.

I know she's not up this week, but I so hope she goes next week.

Was anyone saved on Wednesday? I'm catching up for today's eviction, but haven't seen it on the shows yet.

I agree with all of you that Hazel isn't being treated fairly, mainly because they let Gina handle so many things and she doesn't like Hazel. I think Gina is jealous of Hazel's looks.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
No, I don't recall anything like that, as far as I know it's still the same people up for nomination, Hazel, Dexter, Sophie, Charlie and the Twins.

ETA: On BBAU, though, someone was saved yesterday, but then another put in their place.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No Wednesday save this week on BBUK. There's been no mention of a double eviction but I did wonder with five up whether they'd do that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Schedule up until the finale!

Fri 09
1-2.30pm Live Eviction
2.30-3.30pm BOTS
3.30-4pm Live from the House

Sat 10
2-3pm BB
3-4pm Bit on the Psych

Sun 11
4.30-5.30am BOTS: Ryan's Supersized Celebrity Sunday
1-2pm BB

Mon 12
1-2pm BB
3-4pm BOTS

Tues 13
2-3pm BB
3-4pm BOTS

Wed 14
1-2pm BB
3.10-4.10pm BOTS

Thu 15
2-3pm BB
3-4pm BOTS

Fri 16
1-2.30pm Live Eviction
2.30-3.30pm BOTS
3.30-4pm Live from the House

Sat 17
2-3pm BB
3-4pm Bit on the Psych

Sun 18
4.15-5.15am BOTS: Ryan's Supersized Celebrity Sunday
1-2pm BB

Mon 19
1-2pm BB: The Final Part 1
2.55-3.30pm BB: The Final Part 2
3.30-4.30pm BOTS

With one person out tonight leaving six, do you think there will be nominations next week? Last year they did everyone up and vote to save in the week before the finale. Really it can only be a single eviction this week and next so there's five for the finale. Any double eviction and there would only be four left on the final night.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Stormie.

Kitt, is it time to nom the whole house next week?

I so hope Gina doesn't win this year. They've just catered to her way too much.

I'd like to see the twins go tonight but it sounds like it will be Hazel.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Watching live... they showed a huge shouting match between Gina and Hazel and afterwards there were finally loud "Get Gina Out!" calls as well as the very dominant "Get Hazel Out!" calls.

They froze the voting and are going to say three who are safe...

Safe are:

Twins
Sophie
Dexter

(the audience near Emma's mic are chanting "Get Gina Out!" quite clearly, but Hazel's the only one getting huge boos)

leaving one of Hazel and Charlie to be evicted. At least it will be clear to everyone in the house that the viewers also think Charlie has been a problem.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Everyone up would be good, Cricket, but only if they're getting rid of more than one, and I don't think they've got enough contestants left for that. If Hazel stays tonight then she'll definitely go if she's up next week. Getting rid of two would at least have Gina going with her.

I'd kind of like a vote to save, to get rid of Charlie (if she's left) and Sophie, but so far this year they've all been vote to evicts.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Spoiler alert, eviction time....

next person voted out is

Hazel!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ok NOW I'd be happy with an everyone up, vote to evict next week, because I think on an evict with multiple people Gina would definitely go.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I wonder if there will be any mention of Daley during the Hazel exit interview.