TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 17, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2013: Big Brother (Summer): Archive through June 17, 2013 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info on Dexter, Kitt. I was confused about him also.

He describes himself as this:

"Dexter Koh, 30, who describes himself as a PR executive and talent agent"

in the article and there is a response to his article that said he could join sugar daddy and now he describes himself as a sugar daddy.

I found it interesting that he had the huge bar tab 12-12-12, but just decides to twitter about it on 6-13-13. It's all about publicity for the show.

Flagg, why do you think Michael will nom Hazel and why will she get voted off? She's gorgeous. Is there something wrong with her personality?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I think I was the one who thought the public would want him to nominate Hazel. Now I think I have her confused with someone else. I think it will be Sally, Dexter and the rich spoiled girl who I thought was Hazel, but now I have no idea what her name is. Does that make sense? In any case, I think the rich girl will be the first out.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Ahh, Mamabatsy, yes..I could see them wanting to nom Sallie. She is wearing on everyone who is watching. Earlier today she just wouldn't shut up for two minutes.

The rich spoiled girl is Gina.

Here's a website that has their names with their pictures. We need it right now...I get them all mixed up.

http://www.bbcouchpotatoes.com/

I think it's interesting that Jemimah is wearing what the Brits call a 'beanie' (I call a hat) today. Does she think copying Sallie is a good thing? Yikes!

ETA: HG's are guessing other's secrets. The public voted for what Michael's secret is and they chose A: I left my fiancé the night before the wedding.

The HG's guessed right..or BB was going to make whatever they guessed right, who knows?

Wonder if Michael has even been engaged? Hope this doesn't slip him up.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Today's show has just started and they are showing Sophie just realizing the shower is outside. She is shocked and can't believe everyone will be able to see her showering. They are telling her that's why they were freaking about it earlier.

I can't believe they would only have one outside shower for the whole show. Did anyone hear about them being able to 'earn' an inside shower? Is there a part of the house that is locked off that we haven't seen yet?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Gina got a formal warning after a shouting match with Sallie...

and Michael will be leaving the house on Sunday for a bit to get questions from the audience to throw at the others..

I doubt they're gonna keep him in for more than a few weeks- either the others are gonna figure it out (especially after a couple of nominations- they might be told by BB not to talk about them, but stuff will go around, and if 6 or 7 end up nominating him and he doesn't go up they'll wonder) or BB will reveal it to them.

I think why people are thinking Hazel would be nominated and eliminated is because the audience votes tend to go against female models for the most part (but Gina isn't doing herself any favors).

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Oh and here are the odds to win at the moment:

Sam 3/1
Wolfy 4/1
Dan 7/1
Sophie 7/1
Daley 9/1
Calum 9/1
Jack/Joe 10/1
Charlie 14/1
Hazel 16/1
Sallie 22/1
Jackie 25/1
Dexter 33/1
Jemima 50/1
Gina 50/1

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
At the end of the show, the announcer said:

"This week you will decide who Michael nominates."

What? We discussed this yesterday here and I think it's too much letting the public nom and vote.

What does everyone else think?

I kept losing my feeds through the show and didn't see/hear the exact beginning of the Gina/Sallie fight. Gina said Sallie started it. Anyone see it? Thanks.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I won't be able to watch the show until later, but in answer to your question about the public having too much control I kind of like it, but it is a double edged sword.

If the public nominates then the most disliked/controversial characters will be up (I'm also guessing Sallie, Dexter, Gina, though I haven't seen any of the live feeds). Then it depends if the eviction vote will be a vote to save or vote to evict. Vote to save would work well, the most liked of the controversial ones should stay, but vote to evict would not work well as it's basically a repeat of the nomination vote.

If the house nominates then I think vote to evict works better, unless all the house is up, then vote to save is good to get rid of the boring ones.

So... it kind of depends for me.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
After today's show, I can see Gina being nominated and voted out quite easily.

She was severely booed right at the start, and after getting a warning and then her attitude about it in the DR, she will probaby be gone on Friday.

I don't personally like her either but Id rather she stayed if she keeps starting fights.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
This board is even more dead than usual

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I am watching but am really really confused about when the show is on. Is it on everyday? When are the feeds on? I just get lucky and have watched something everyday that someone is posting, but I have no idea when anything is on.

Gina is interesting for sure. In today's show she was a little more likeable.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm usually more talkative here, but I'm in the middle of moving, so I'm not much use this season. Then I have a friend visiting for two weeks and I doubt she'll want to watch. So it's going to be a bit of a watch whenever I can season for me.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Mamapors, Luckily Kitt provides a viewing schedule for us & weekends aren't how they've been.

Except week ends (I guess), the feeds are supposed to be on every night UK time at 7-9pm then BB at 10pm then BOTS at 11pm

according to ch5 website - next showing - which I cut & paste but it looks like a typo -

NEXT ON TV

Big Brother - Mon 12:15 17 Jun on Channel 5
Bit on the Side - Mon 23:00 17 Jun on Channel5

http://www.channel5.com/bigbrother

I think I'd trust Kitt's schedule lol

Times are board time (Pacific)

Mon 17
11am-1pm Live from the House
2-3pm BB
3-4pm BOTS

Tue 18
2-3pm BB
3-4pm BOTS

Wed 19
2-3pm BB
3-4pm BOTS

Thu 20
2-3pm BB
3-4pm BOTS

Fri 21
1-2.30pm Live Eviction
2.30-3.30pm BOTS
3.30-4pm Live from the House

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I just don't know what to think of this season. They've got Michael an actor in as a fake houseguest & then Gina & Dexter seem to be actors. I'm kind of feeling like an episode of Joe Schmo - where maybe they are all actors.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much Willwillbee! That helps so much. Yeah this is my first time watching BBUK, and I just do not know what to think. Besides, YIKES, WOW, and very very very interesting! LOL

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Will we see Michael's noms on the live feeds today?

I don't understand what the twins are doing in the house. Someone on DS referred to one of them as Twiddle Straight...lol, they are like Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum. Just there and of sour all the time.

Dumb me read the spoiler about 'two chubby twins' and I'm looking at all the gals entering trying to figure out which were the twins. Duh..how sexist of me to think only gals would be described as 'chubby.' (I missed part of the Launch Part 1) So.... on Day One I'm watching the one twin talking about how his brother is gay and STILL didn't realize both of them were in the house. I kept thinking they were one and the same person, lol. It wasn't until Day Two I realized they were the chubby twins.

I'm not getting Sallie at all. Is she so desperate to not get nommed she's doing her best to convince all those who think Michael is not real that he is real? Or...is that just her...constantly talking over others and never stopping? Is she for real or is she also acting?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They'll do a live segment on tonight's show for the noms Cricket..

and Dan the former cop is gonna figure most of this out- he's getting pretty close already.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Gina, Dexter, and Sallie are up- and it's a vote to EVICT, not to save..but the one who has the least votes to evict on Wednesday night will be saved, and then they'll reopen the votes for the other two for the eviction Friday.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It seems to me that Gina and (more likely) Dexter could have a phone bank ready and able to afford to make as many calls needed to keep him (or her) in. I truly don't mind either Dexter or Gina as they are just spoiled and protected from life and have no idea how the rest of the world lives. I just cannot stand Sallie. She is an attention (self moderating) who butts into every conversation and turns it on herself. As long as she is there, we will never get to see the rest of them.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
"They'll do a live segment on tonight's show for the noms Cricket..:

Thanks, Wilson and also thanks for explaining how it works for the whole week.

I don't understand why Jemimah is trying to emulate Sallie in the way she dresses. The hat, braids and pony tail make her look older rather than younger.

I don't like her much, but was totally flabbergasted that she got a warning from BB re what kind of guys she likes to date. Shame on CBS - UK! Jemimah was already upset with Gina re the one glass washing incident. I found that quite funny. Gina put rubber gloves on and kept saying "Ouch, I'm stuck" got her hand out, rinsed the glass mug, poured milk in it and put her rubber gloves away. Jemimah asked Gina if she was washing the dishes and Gina says, "Oh no" and walks away. I don't think she's ever washed a glass before.

I didn't think Gina should have been warned with her fight with Sallie, nor should Jemimah have been warned tonight re her convo with Gina.

It's like they are doing it backwards. Sallie should have gotten the warning in her argument with Gina and Gina should have been reprimanded for making an honest discussion about dating into a race issue.

Why is everyone in the UK upset about the vote to evict rather than to save?

Haven't seen the noms yet; just had to post about the a** backward warnings. Who is BB to tell Jemimah she can't have preferences in whom she dates? Unbelievable. She didn't say anything racist.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Just saw the noms. Wow...Sallie reacted so badly. She does realize the public votes, right?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I think Gina only got the warning in the Sallie argument because she reached up to grab her hat off her head and it looked like it could have been physical. I understood that. I did think they went overboard with giving Jemima a warning.

Does anyone watch BB BOTS? I may not watch much longer because AJ is really too annoying to me personally. Her "presenter" voice is so over the top- and I know she has a much more calm voice because she showed it in her interview with Michael pre-season. I can't always understand her either and it's not her accent... She seems to ennunciate the wrong words in her presenter voice. Plus she seems a little harsh with the audience. I like Rylan though. I think he will get better.

Anyway, the reason I asked was that it seemed that the body language expert on the show hinted that Michael is leaving the house on Friday. I wondered if I heard that right or got it wrong!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Sarasmile, I can't understand AJ either. I've never cared for Rylan, so I don't watch. I saw the beginning of the BOTS because it said Emma was going to be on it and just about died when they said the fight between Jemimah/Gina was 'brilliant.' Not really. Couldn't watch anymore.

They want Gina to stay for her fights. I was actually liking Gina, but don't like this part of her. She should have just let it go; the guy in the room asked Jemimah about whom she dated. It shouldn't have gone into the kitchen.

Others have said Michael was leaving on Friday also, but then some have said Michael stated he was on the show for the whole season. When they had him talk to Rylan for some ideas, did he leave the house? Could it be he appears on the BOTS show, but then goes back in the house?

I don't understand why they got rid of Brian. He would be fine on BOTS.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Sarasmile, I keep hearing Michael the actor is leaving Friday but I fear that it's like he left the house yesterday ... for an interview with Rylan but we can hope.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Gina deserved the warning for aggressively grabbing Sallie's hat, but Jemima did NOT deserve a warning for saying she wouldn't date black guys. That's just ridiculous.

A personal preference is not racism.

Michael is an actor and not a real housemate so the rules about outside contact do not apply.
Plus they have played pretty loose with that rule for years anyway.