TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 29, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2013: Big Brother (Summer): Archive through May 29, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I guess we should start a new thread!

Start date not yet announced.

As mentioned before, Brian Dowling will no longer host BB, Emma Willis will be the 2013 host.

Both Jamie East and Alice Levine have confirmed they WON'T be returning to BOTS, but it seems like there will be a BOTS (just not with them).

Also there are no open auditions this year, you have to apply with a video... don't know if that's good or bad.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I wish Brian & Emma had switched. I think that knowing he only had one year left on his contract & he would be out, would have given him a what the heck attitude & he would have loosened up & been a great host.

I was sad to lose Emma as the BOTS host but sounds like she might do both - at least for awhile! She is a wonderful host, I really do like her.

Really glad to lose Jamie & Alice - hope to lose the silly internet boys - I did like the last young girl they had - forget her name but she seemed quick, personable & not silly.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4891024/emma-willis-big-brother-bit-on-the-side.html

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Rylan Clark will be one of the BOTS presenters! The other will be AJ Odudu, who's been on the show before. They will join Emma.

Also There will be a "Bit On The Psych" show on Saturday nights and a Rylan-hosted Sunday BOTS.

And... two hours of live streaming from 7-9pm EACH DAY (that's 11am-1pm PT for us)!

http://www.channel5.com/shows/big-brothers-bit-on-the-side/articles/new-presenter-line-up-confirmed

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kitt is this the celebrity version or the regular contestants version of the British BB? I have a friend who is a huge BB fan who wants to watch the regular Brit version. If it IS the regular one, when is the premiere? I suppose being in Canada, he MIGHT get it on the BBC cable network OR online.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is the regular public version of BB, it's expected to start June or July but they still haven't announced. They've released details about the new hosts recently so it may be that an announcement on start date is imminent. I'll let you know they do tell us!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks muchly, Miss Kitt! :-)

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Big Brother usually starts end of May or beginning of June. Last year launch date was June 5. Britain's Got Talent will still be running through May so no one expects BB to start til after. I'm guessing Fri June 7

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks WWB! :-)

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
This was posted at DigitalSpy -

Channel 5's schedule for first week in June has been announced and there's no sign of Big Brother, so expect it in the second week of June.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1816724&page=3

I went to Ch5 site & it only shows May schedule, so I can't confirm but if BB was as soon as 3 weeks away, there would be more ads - so far they are only doing 5 second teasers right now (#whatsthesecret) that don't even mention BB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OOxQCbeL8M
https://twitter.com/Simply_BBUK/status/336229543671107584/photo/1

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
BIG Brother contestants will face an unusual challenge when the show kicks off next month – an eco-friendly reality house where they must grow their own food.

Channel 5 bosses have called this year’s show Secrets And Lies as they prepare to put the weird and the wacky hopefuls through their paces. But it is not just the living environment that will be tough.

Big Brother has promised “evil mind games”.

Although impressive in appearance, this house is not a hotel and provides a tougher environment than ever before

Housemates will be subjected to twists and tough tasks, leaving them wondering who to trust.

The insider said: “It won’t be a walk in the park. Expect a summer of hell in the home from hell.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/401813/Oh-Brother-BB-housemates-must-now-grow-their-own-food

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hope the BB staff have started off the veggie garden, because with the weather as it has been they're not going to get anything but cabbage if it hasn't been started!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The first real commercial - I'm so excited but nothing more except "coming soon" ... sigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TtxSt7JGdfY

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The series producer of Big Brother’s Bit On The Side has confirmed that Emma Willis will present the show three nights a week.

So she went from 5 nights a week to 1+3 nights, so I'm happy, I was afraid she'd just be on once a week.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb14/news/0520/emma-willis-will-host-bit-on-the-side-2013-three-nights-weekly#ixzz2UAk28Kqz

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 24, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The official twitter is getting very active (https://twitter.com/bbuk) but still no start date that I've seen.

Strange as it is I'm kind of dreading it... it takes up so much time. I might give the BOTS a miss this year, although I will probably change my mind when it starts ;).

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I barely ever watch BOTS, and don't miss it in the least. Total trash show.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
BOTS last year would basically give preview updates which would end up being a "p/rerun" of the next day's show. They would show nomination results a day early which is almost irresistible to a BB addict but would just feel repetitive the next day. I wished they would have unseen footage on BOTS instead.

They are also planning on doing a 2 hour live feed per day this year between 7-9pm house time.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I saw "BB premieres June 26th" & was shocked, it took me a bit to realize this was for BBUS.

I think BBUK will be starting June 7-14th but have *nothing* to base it on other than it's normally on before June 7th but I doubt it will this year.

I know the past few years, I've not been involved (or more accurately, obsessed) with BBUS. I completely skipped BB11&12 because BBUK took all my time. I didn't even watch BBUS on tv but then there was 6 hours a day or more of BBUK between feeds & shows & then I had to read the discussion forums!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The tv schedule is released up to 6pm Friday June 7th (and it's not on the schedule), so there's a chance it will start that Friday night, but more likely it'll be that next week or we'd have heard more about it.

Yes, I think I might give BOTS a miss (but I'm definitely going to try that Psych show). (My dvr now plays youtubes so that'll make it a bit more watchable!)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
TV schedule now out for the night of Friday June 7th and BB is not on there, so I guess it will start Wednesday or Friday of the next week.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I can't believe how excited I am for it to start! lol

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Launch is:

Friday 14th June
1pm Big Brother Live Launch
2.30pm Bit On The Side
3.30-4pm Live from the house

times are Pacific (Board time)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Only 30 mins of feed.

I was sure I read here that it was supposed to be two hours per day...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Normally streaming is going to be 7-9pm (11am-1pm PT) so that's before the evening highlights show. They can't do that on launch night because no one's in the house yet ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today they announce Thursday 13th! Yesterday's announcement about the Friday looked pretty official, but this is also confirmed by Channel 5. So I presume same as above but shifted a day?

Launch is:

Thursday 13th June
1pm Big Brother Live Launch
2.30pm Bit On The Side
3.30-4pm Live from the house

times are Pacific (Board time)

http://www.channel5.com/shows/big-brother/articles/secrets-lies

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, I'll pass that info along to my pal who is keen to check it out. :-)