TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Celebrity Big Brother (Summer): Archive through September 05, 2012 users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Self-righteous Harvey probably thinks Lorenzo shouldn't have been so friendly with Danica, because he's so tight (or pretending to be) with Ashley. I guess it's o.k. to cheat on your wife, but not to flirt with your mate's woman.

I agree, Stormie, that all the ones who broke the rules should be up.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket, gelatin is basically boiled down animal bones and organs (including brains, which is the dangerous bit to eat if a cow has Mad Cow).

Wow, Kitt...that's in the jello we eat? Ugh. Rarely eat it and now I won't anymore at all.

LOL @ Julie doing exactly what Coleen accused her of. She kisses Mike, then proceeds to nominate him. Comes out - kisses him again and says she loves him. Goes by Martin (her other nominee)and pats him. Wow!

I didn't see her wanting Coleen to stick with her now, but I saw that coming. Julie blew it. I so hope she gets nommed.

I don't even know who Harvey is, but he is always outraged about something. How hypocritical that he didn't worry about Danica's gf when Mike was all over her. Sheesh.

Ooohh, Ashley and Harvey no longer under Julie's thumb.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Wow...award winning performance by Julie (some real...she must realize the gig is up) in the DR.

Can't wait to see how she acts when they tell her she's been nommed.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Why was Mike allowed to go to the DR, where they treated him with kid gloves? Way to act like a wimpy sore loser.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Interesting talk about Mike's temper flaring so easily. Loved when Julian asked if he did it to get attention.

It looked to me that Julie's reaction to getting nommed was to put more gum in her mouth. She likes her gum.

I DO NOT want the so-called "gang" of three at the end.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Julie doesn't like two-faced people. Oh brother...Julie - pot meet kettle.

What was Martin talking about re Julie blatantly breaking the BB rules?

Julian to Julie: "You might not be Nana anymore."

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Too late. The gang will be in the final since this is the last nomination/eviction before the final.

Julie broke the rules when she pulled Harvey into the bathroom and asked him outright who he would be nominating.

When Julie was giving her performance in the diary room, I was cringing. She pulls this old lady act and she's doing it for the pensioners. Please! I am older than she claims to be. My friends and I do not try to play people because we are older. The way she acts, presents herself and looks, I think she must be closer to 85 than 70.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you said, Mama. Julie is so over the top.

I'm glad she no longer controls the three guys, but sad that it's too late for them to get nommed and out.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
way off topic but I have got to input because Cricket is giving it up.

Commercial gelatin (Jello & Knox) is made from animal hides

To my knowledge gelatin has never been made from organs.

The best gelatin (in terms of health benefits) is made from bones.

Gelatin was recommended by Edgar Cayce (whose prophesies have all come true or have not been disproven) as having a synergistic effect with vitamins & minerals & recommended including gelatin with fresh vegetables.

I highly recommend soups made with bone stock.

Please don't avoid gelatin because it sounds icky - although sugary jello cups probably have no health benefits.

Also, (since I am waaaaay off topic) take 5000-10.000iu of vitD per day - 97% of people are deficient because they wash within 48 hours of sun exposure.

public service announcements are over - sorry for the interruption

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I suppose Lorenzo will be gone next & all I will have left to have even a vague interest in winning is Julian & only due to his kindness to Julie.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
i am just livid at the fact that a love rat like Harvey who cheated on his wife, then cheated on his mistress after she had his child. Then sold a story that he was involved with Cheryl Cole who denies it. is now the freaking moral centre to say he thinks the Prince has no morals cause he flirted with Danica.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Harvey wins hypocrite of the year--maybe the century.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lol Willwillbe, I've never heard a gelatin PSA before! I think the organs are more bits of organs, if the bones aren't stripped properly. And as the spine bones are so closely linked to spinal tissue and whatever that bit of brain is just above it, the mad cow diseased bits stayed in it.

I come from one of the hot bed of mad cow diseased cows, South East England, but became vegetarian a couple of years before it all hit (gelatin, of course, is NOT vegetarian). So few people actually ended up getting it that I don't think people think about it anymore, but at least I can feel relatively safe I was never exposed!

I'm a couple of days behind on the show.... got to catch up some time today!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A friend of mine at university spent a whole day with a tiny one of those suction things (I think it was from a toy gun) stuck to his forehead. He then had to spend the next week with a big red bruise there instead!

What a game, that can't have been comfortable for Martin and Lorenzo!

I don't know what to make of Julie. I think the DR tears are fake but I feel bad because I don't want to be too hard on her in case they're not! I can't work out whether (a bit like one of the psychiatrists said on BOTS on Sunday) she reacts out of current emotion or whether it's an actual pre-laid out plan. And because of her age (sorry MamaB, after reading your post I'm now feeling very bad about calling Julie old so much!) I feel bad criticising her too much anyway. I just don't know, I think it's going to be very hard for her if she goes out to huge boos and I don't want that for her. Ideally in her eviction interview she's going to say it was all one big evil plan to win then I'll be able to applaud and relax!

Yep, Harvey = hypocrite. I didn't realise he was 33 either, he acts like a kid most of the time. He and Ashley are so quick to accuse and when they're on the warpath they are relentless. I hope they are first out on finale day.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Part of me wants Julie out tomorrow because she is giving old people a bad name but another part wants her to stay and at least outlast the gang of three and Colleen on the final night. If she did stay and at her final interview say that it was just a plan to fool the kiddies, I'd feel a lot better about her. The way she behaves is just very annoying to me because 70 isn't all that old anymore.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Please don't avoid gelatin because it sounds icky - although sugary jello cups probably have no health benefits.

Thank you so much for the info, Willwillbee. We've started eating sugar-free jello because my husband has diabetes (no insulin - just pills) and he can't have sugar. I can't eat too much of it because the aspartame gives me a headache, but it doesn't bother him and is an okay desert with a little whipped cream as a treat. He wants ice cream all the time and while we do buy the Edys no sugar added, it's still ice cream and the jello is a good alternative.

Kitt, I thought Julie's crying in the DR was more real than her tears at other times because she was truly upset that she was nommed.

I agree with you, Mamabatsy, that she is giving old people a bad name. It does look like she manipulated the young guys to do her bidding and now it's backfired on her.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wish they'd subtitled what Lorenzo and Harvey could hear Julie saying to the hairdresser through the wall.

You know Harvey and Co. are mostly mad because they feel played. If a man had done what Julie's done they'd probably have respected him as a "player."

Mike put himself for all the good categories in that test!!!! Julie at 80% for "most manipulative," ouch!

I really don't like it when they reveal private conversations unless it's because of a punishment. I guess this late in the game it doesn't matter to strategy but it's still a bit cruel.

It's getting a bit awkward now. I'm beginning to feel sorry for Julie, it's a good job Julian is in there to tell them to rise above it, not that it's helping much.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It's hard to tell if/when Julie's crying is genuine. She's had a long career and actors face tons of rejection. I think that for her, BB is just show biz. It's now her fault that self-righteous Harvey and Ashley are weak-minded.

She was doing fine until she overplayed her hand and seemed as OTT as Bet Lynch. Unlike Americans, the GBP seems to have a bias against those who are playing the game.

I really laughed when one of the BB Aus hamsters nominated someone for playing the game, and BB, in a "you're an idiot" tone told him they were in the BB game and everyone was playing the game.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Hmm, for the first time I'm seeing some BB manipulation on the UK BB. It seems that comp was set up to get sympathy for Julie. Having said that, it was a thoroughly enjoyable episode.

I'd rather have seen Julie and the guys have it out and get it out in the open.

This episode is the least co*ky I've seen Harvey. He seemed pretty down at the end. I'm wondering if the guys are so upset with Julie because they were 'helped' into voting out the pretty gals by her and now there is no eye candy in the house.

Someone in yesterday's BOTS said Julian/Julie would be in the final. Maybe BB UK is trying to ensure that this happens. I'd much rather see her go than Martin.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think most of the problem Harvey and Ashley have with Julie is embarrassment that they were duped.

I did think BB were trying to throw Julie a bone too. Nina Myskow's story about Julie having been a huge diva and always been the star of wherever she is was telling. I bet she's always been able to do exactly what she wants, and it seems her husband also enables that. I didn't know if BB did that to get votes for her or to calm the mood a bit, I kind of think it was the latter. I think they felt sorry for her and didn't want the house to get too vicious, because that wouldn't look good for anyone.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
it seems her husband also enables that. I didn't know if BB did that to get votes for her or to calm the mood a bit

Does he ever, Kitt. He will have no one talking against her. Very good point about BB likely wanting to calm the mood. It seems to have worked for a bit.

In the previews, it shows Julie talking about Coleen saying she's the nicer one (on her news show for the food challenge) and then she comes over and kisses and kisses her. That creeps me out when she does that to peeps. She does it to all of them. I'm still not sure if it's how she acts in real life or if she is acting at this time.

She did mention to Julian that Martin deserved to stay, so maybe she will be okay if she gets evicted, although she keeps saying she badly wanted to make the finals.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
What Julie does with her "kissing" and "loving" on her "enemies" is passive aggressive. She's showing dominance in a way they'd look foolish to object to. If they pull away, they are insulting her. She can't lose.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
TV schedule for today:

12-1pm CBB: Brian Dowling presents the first in a two-part double eviction, whittling down the remaining celebrities from eight to six.
2.15-3pm CBB: Brian Dowling presents as the number of remaining housemates is whittled down even further, with another contestant receiving their marching orders
3-4pm BOTS

I think 12-1pm will be the highlights and interview with Lorenzo, and 2.15-3pm will be the exciting one... Martin or Julie??? [cue dramatic music]

I can't spoil, as usual on Wednesdays. Cricket, can you?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I just came to check out the schedule and it's starting right now. Thanks for posting it, Kitt.

I'll do my best!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks :-), I'm sneakily watching for a bit, but I'll have to leave soon!