TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Celebrity Big Brother (Summer): Archive through September 03, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow, I think Sam's very mistaken if she thinks other "Trophy Wives" take traditional roles, they're too busy shopping! I just hope for her sake that he doesn't decide to find another when she loses her looks.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Julie calls Coleen over and shakes her hand. Coleen should have just walked away when summoned by the Queen.

Does Julie see the tide turning against her?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Julian did Julie's make up!

Yep, she's had a wake-up call! Luckily Coleen knows exactly what she's like. Danica said the boys have become wise to her too, it'll be interesting to see that (although she said it was "yesterday" so maybe we won't).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BOTS just said there were only two women in the house now!

I think Mike and Lorenzo will be up on Wednesday. Of course they'll need at least one other nominee.

If it stays as things have been then Coleen will be up too, but it depends whether Danica really did have that talk with Ashley and Harvey about Julie and whether some would now feel emboldened by the crowd yells to actually target her.

In a vote to save, though, I think there will still be enough people wanting to save Julie and she'll be safe.

I think Julian and Martin are safe. Not sure about Ashley and Harvey.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
The boys might be wise to Julie, but they continue to vote like she wants them to.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt stated:
Julian did Julie's make up!

Yep, she's had a wake-up call! Luckily Coleen knows exactly what she's like. Danica said the boys have become wise to her too, it'll be interesting to see that (although she said it was "yesterday" so maybe we won't).

Julian did it...wow!

Julie might realize she's played her game wrong. Her boys have been getting the girls out with her blessing. She's just realized there are only two women left. Will the guys try to get the two women out now?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just working my way through the bits I missed. Martin and Julian's dance was sooo good! The boys were good too, with their acrobatics. I was surprised Mike could do such a straight cartwheel, given his muscles, but his and Lorenzo's dance wasn't up to much.

What was with Samantha asking to sit next to Julie?! Did she want to make sure she voted in a similar way and didn't upset her?

I didn't realise how clear the "Get Julie Out" was! Tomorrow's show should be fun!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for bringing Samantha's article over Cricket. She isn't really all that pretty, I hope she has a good plastic surgeon on hand as she gets older. So Samantha does exactly what Danica does, except that she's married to the fellow she's "rinsing." I think one can be a supportive stay-at-home wife without letting your husband control what you weigh, wear and how spend your time. Now I understand what Coleen has meant when she's been nominating Samantha.

Nala63

09-20-2005

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nala63 a private message Print Post    
i dont understand the coleen love. she started the first 2 days making snide remarks about julie. julie said and did nothing until it became apparent coleen was out to get her.

i love me some julian.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Kitt-do Brits refer to any dessert in general as a " pudding"?
I've seen it used a couple of times on CBB. It's actually bothered me since days of reading Harry Potter!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, any dessert is pudding if you have it after dinner. Those strange "pudding" things you have here (the little pots of wobbly stuff) we don't really have at all, the closest we have is blancmange, but that's really an older generation thing. If you see anything in little pots in England it's probably a yoghurt (we're BIG on yoghurt) or there are some variations like little mousse cups, but nothing wobbly.

Oh and gelatin was pretty much phased out of the UK (by market forces) after the whole mad cow thing in the 80s, which makes the US "pudding" cups doubly weird for us!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ah thanks! Another worry off my mind

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oh and gelatin was pretty much phased out of the UK (by market forces) after the whole mad cow thing in the 80s, which makes the US "pudding" cups doubly weird for us!

What's in gelatin that has to do with cows, Kitt?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Not Kitt, but the thing that makes jello gel is from cow bones.

If anyone ever has the opportunity to try sticky toffee pudding, DO IT! It is without a doubt the BEST dessert in the world. Nothing comes close. NOTHING! This from a chocoholic.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Sarasmile!

Cricket, gelatin is basically boiled down animal bones and organs (including brains, which is the dangerous bit to eat if a cow has Mad Cow).

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the Julian clips Kitt, I loved them, he's great, I hope he wins.

From today's BOTS, I think Ashley not giving a 70-year-old woman her letter from home, was really cruel. I'm sure Julie is a strong woman, but after all those boos, I thinks she could have benefitted from a letter. Also, Ashley used it to punish Julie for gossiping, when he and his little boys clique have been doing the same thing all along. I think he crossed a line in this game by punishing Julie for gossiping, when it had nothing to do with letters from home and not his place to do.

I can see Mike, Ashley and Harvey are out in full force against Julie, it's horrible. They want to win so badly, that they go after an old women. They should show her more respect. They each have gossiped, spread lies and innuendoes about someone; BB has shown in particular Harvey doing it, but he and they are no different than Julie. Julie's words may be cutting, but their's can hurt others just the same.

I hope the public keeps Julie in, I think she deserves to be in the final. I still want Julian to win, but I'd like Julie, Martin, Coleen and Julian in the finale, even Lorenzo if there's 5, at least he speaks up for others, but I also forget he's there. I wish something would be done for that to happen, but the way things look, one or two of them might be going.

I wish they had CBB start a few weeks after the regular season ended, I think they began it to soon.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I think the asides Colleen was making about Julie when she first got there were based Julie's reputation and her previous interactions with Colleen;s sister. Cheryl even said that she was very nervous about Julie because of her reputation preceding her. She has in the past come across to coworkers as a very demanding diva. If she like's you great if she doesn't oh heaven's no.

I am not sure who I want to win. Would like to see more from Julian and Martin, they both seem to have taken a back step from the action.

Nala63

09-20-2005

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nala63 a private message Print Post    
hahaha, was reading on all the starson wiki.

this was said of the situation.

Sorrentino was offered a "substantial" sum of money by fashion retailer Abercrombie & Fitch not to wear the company's clothes. A spokesman for the company explained that "Mr Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This time Julie's upset at the boos and chants? She didn't seem so upset at them when they were aimed at Danica and Rhian.

Just watching today's show. Ashley's quick to back Martin up about the cause of Julie's boos, yet he was also very quick to join in with Julie when she was doing it. I wish they'd elaborated more on what made Ashley and Harvey switch on Julie earlier that day.

I don't know, it's tricky with Julie. She is 70, and she is really a superstar in terms of British tv. But like Martin said, they all signed up for this. Hopefully she will be able to rehabilitate herself before she actually leaves.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't think anyone really cared that Danica or Rhian were booed. And I don't think Julie is really bothered. I think, though, that Ashley should have taken that into consideration, regardless, bc it's the decent thing to do, rather than punish Julie bc he didn't like something she said, even though he himself has participated in these gossipy conversations. Had Ashley said nothing and threw hers away, then it wouldn't have mattered, but he did.

Even Coleen's crying is annoying to me now, it's just to much, she should speak to Julie, or get over it. But I still want her in the final too.

There must be bitchiness in the furniture, bc it's been seeping into all HMs all summer. And that gets so boring after a while, and it's been two shows worth.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Julie, Lorenzo and Martin are up for eviction. It will be a double.

Lorenzo will definitely go, I don't know between Julie and Martin, if people feel strongly enough that Julie should go then it's easy to vote for Martin to ensure that. And Martin certainly has many followers of his own. I hope he stays.

I agree, Ashley was wrong to punish Julie with the letter (not that it matters much, so close to the end) so publicly. He's so direct and one way and another with his blame, I don't think he's going to fair well in the finale, which is a shame as he's just come off an Olympic win.

I'd have really like to have seen Harvey and Ashley face the vote at least once.

I'm hoping for a final in this order

Julian - win
Martin, Coleen - 2nd, 3rd, either order
Harvey, Ashley, Mike - maybe the show will run out of time or something, because I don't have much interest in any of them

I wouldn't have minded Lorenzo in the final, and would have wanted him above HAM, but no way will he survive Wednesday. If Julie stays I'd like her above HAM but below Coleen.

Julian has this made.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Well, HAM stuck together. I think that Ashley, and maybe Harvey, has turned so hard on Julie because he feels she made a fool of him. First he was rejected by Rhian and then played by Julie.

There's none so vicious as a young man fooled. Oh, well, he's young, he has all kinds of medals, and he's still got time to grow.

Harvey and Michael, I fear, are set in stone.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
It seems to me BB has lost control, they should have put everyone up who spoke about noms, that would only leave Martin, Coleen and Julian left, and it might even have been just Julian. But they keep letting everyone get away with it and do what they want.

As much as I like Martin, I hope he and Lorenzo go. I want Julie to stay, I wish there were some golden ticket to save her.

Nala63

09-20-2005

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nala63 a private message Print Post    
i cant stand coleen, imo she is the most self centered diva, if your not hearing her, watch her eyes. talk about a pot stirrer.

i am amazed that the watchers havent voted off the americans. they have had several chances.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Who nominated whom, from the press release.

Mike: banned from nominating

Julian: Lorenzo (called Julie bitter, dull), Martin (asserts authority)

Coleen: Julie (bit fake from day one, talks behind backs), Martin (don't know what to talk about with him)

Julie: Mike (sad since Danica left), Lorenzo (doesn't have a great deal in common with a human calculator)

Lorenzo: Julie (two faced), Harvey (different views on women)

Harvey: Lorenzo (don't agree with his morals), Julie (tried to influence him)

Ashley: Julie (game player), Martin (isolates himself)

Martin: Julie (influencing noms), Julian (lit an electronic cigarette in the bedroom)

Julie 5 noms
Lorenzo, Martin 3

Harvey, Julian, Mike 1
Ashley, Coleen 0

I wonder what happened between Harvey and Lorenzo which prompted their noms. I guess the cigarette thing prompted Julian's nomination of Martin.