TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 7, February 16th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 7, February 16th users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

United States -> England -> Scotland -> // -> Switzerland -> France

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 17, 2022Sincebb125 02-17-22  6:17 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's amazing to me year after year that attention to detail trips up people at road blocks over and over. The twins were a weak team. I'm sure the dad and daughter will be out next. They are also quite weak. The other three are good competitors, most of the time.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling the 2 girls will win. They have shown them saying they want to come in first a few times. I think it's foreshadowing. I love Kim and Penn but have a feeling they dont win. I will be happy with whoever wins

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'll be happy with whomever wins, but I must admit Kim and Penn are getting on my nerves...I'm not sure why LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They get on mine too. Sometimes too cutesy? Or too perfect? They are annoying in that way. LOL

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh Brenda, thank goodness I'm not the only one.. and I think you're right, too cutesy and perfect. I mean I don't enjoy when people argue over the top, but do they ever just disagree???!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think they are very aware of the camera and probably saw every show, I know I did. I even went to meet racers to talk after a show and their complaints were how every fight was picked up. They could kiss every 5 minutes, but the one minute they said something not loving was shown at night.

They do Youtube and know how editing works, so I think they are very very careful to give the camera other "cute" moments.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL well there's a limit too how much cute I can tolerate

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Same. LOL. And too much cute just feels staged. I do like to see real people being real. I'm sure they are very likable in real life. But a bit of rawness would be refreshing.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Very well said Brenda, that hits the nail on the head, a little reality would be nice

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It's easy to be cute when you are winning. Let's see what happens if they fall behind. Previews made it seem like Penn loses it in the rock area

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
They have talked about how cute they are coming off on their after the show You Tube site. They said their kids are totally geeked out! LOL Kim said that Penn’s love language is acts of affirmation and she really tries to be conscious of that when he is stressed in general, but especially on the race. Penn joked that since that is definitely not her love language it’s really hard for her LOL
They also talked about really having a game plan in place before they went such as what their skills were and how they could have been used in past races. It sounds like to me that they tried to take all the lessons learned from previous races and use them in this race.
They are also very media aware and have made some great comments on how people have been edited.
They are huge fans of Akbar and the work he and Sherri do. While also acknowledging that how he spoke to Sherri on the show was not great.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
And it is Dusty in the preview that gets "frustrated"... Kim is the one doing that task... and she said in their podcast .. there are lots of tears from her...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ooohhh my error! TY for correcting that :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The 'cuteness' of Penn & Kim annoyed me in the beginning but they have since grown on me. Finding out that they were both formerly news anchors answers quite alot for me. We had a local married couple who did the news together here and they were exactly like them.

I have a soft spot for the 2 airline stewardesses who lost their jobs during covid. They seem to get stronger with each challenge and really support each other. I'm rooting for them to win.

Peeper

06-14-2004

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
I have affection for all teams still in the game even the daughter/dad who have been saved 1 too many times. Great season.
P.S. I like Penn and Kim, they have brought a good insightfulness to the game.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I really liked all the teams this year. I was very sad for the ones that weren't able to return. Oh, I forgot, there was one team...the Love Island team, that I didn't really care for

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Personally I get annoyed at Penn and Kim too, mostly Penn. I think it is because they come off to me as doing a you tube video and Penn is always playing for the camera, but not funny or endearing. imo anyway.

I also don't like how ott the one guy is when he is winning or in the lead, in front of other teams. Teachable moment for my kid in good sportsmanship.

The two women are my favourites for the win.

That being said, I have enjoyed this season so far.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Penn and Kim have also talked on their podcasts that they have had "disagreements" during the time .. driving/after a challenge .. but they are not being shown... (they did say there weren't many and probably not as many as so many others..) so it is just how they are being shown...different from many teams that came before them.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Shows like this probably have hundreds of hours of footage. They edit that and shape a story out of it. Yes contestants are ultimately responsible for their actions but the show can still make contestants look better or worse depending on what they choose to show and emphasize.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Boston Rob said that they can't edit in what you didn't say.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
While that is true, it's also true that contestants could have twenty good moments and five bad moments and it's up to the producers what they want to emphasize. What they feel may make "good TV" may not be a balanced picture.

Though, as I said above, contestants are ultimately responsible for everything they do and say.

Also experience helps. I enjoyed Boston Rob (and Amber) but he practically made a career out of reality television.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
No current episode posted yet.. so I just want to say..

Leave no stone unturned... I would have looked under the bigger ones first and also that block wall ... but I wouldn't look at those if the other teams were all there (or I'd be sneaky about it)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: