TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
10th Show, Dec 16 Finale

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXII: 10th Show, Dec 16 Finale users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 17, 2020Dogdoc25 12-17-20  11:54 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 17, 2020 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they have had to hide they were engaged all this time! Does anyone know?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 17, 2020 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That's a GOOD question Pamy. Hmm?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2020 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have watched every season. This was a good season, not great.

Proposals for tv, eh.

And what a great question about possibly having to hide the proposal. Maybe..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2020 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Answer,no the engagement was not hidden.

https://www.goldderby.com

Then look for their exit interview.

The specific url will not copy and typing in the exact url says not found.

But it was hard telling no one they won. They did come up with stories like they got engaged "on a trip".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2020 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They were far ahead

quote:

Will Jardell and James Wallington had their cake and ate it too on “The Amazing Race 32” finale. The couple cruised through the final leg in New Orleans — when your biggest problem is trying to eat beignets, you know you’re having a good night — and never saw either of the other two teams, Hung and Chee, and Riley and Maddison, at the final two tasks.

About the proposal

quote:

Gold Derby: So what was your engagement story that you were telling people?
Will: Great question because to be honest it’s changed. [Laughs] We were like, “We got engaged on a trip” or “We got engaged privately and we don’t wanna talk about it” or “We got engaged doing something else.” But our families have assumed it was on “The Amazing Race,” so now that they know and all of our friends have gotten to see it, and they’re like, “Everything makes so much sense!”

James: Which is even funnier because when we left the finish line, they said, “You can say you got engaged on a TV show because that’s the truth, but obviously don’t give out any details.” And we both laughed and said, “There’s no way we’re gonna tell our friends that because the moment we say that, they’re gonna know it was “The Amazing Race” because they know we’re huge fans of the show.

The article is long and a good one, so try to find it despite the complete url not working.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 17, 2020 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY Sea!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2020 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you scroll down on the main page you see all three final interviews:

Will and James:
https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/the-amazing-race-winners-will-james-exit-interview/

Hung and Chee:
https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/the-amazing-race-hung-chee-exit-interview/

Riley and Madison:
https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/the-amazing-race-riley-maddison-exit-interview/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2020 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Both Hung and Chee and the Beard Bros say the race was over at the King cake challenge.

Maddison & Riley:
Gold Derby: How long did it take for you to find the baby?
Maddison: I thought it was three hours or so. Two and a half, three hours. … I think we were about that [far behind] in the end

Hung and Chee:
Gold Derby: How long were you at the cake baby task?
Chee: I would say an hour and a half at least. Seeing Will find his so quickly and just for me getting stuck and going through the cakes one time and having to re-go through them again — that was a tough one.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 18, 2020 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I couldn't believe the boyfriends had a hard time eating 3 beignets each. I could easily smash down half a dozen in a matter of minutes (if it wasn't for my constant dieting). Back when I was younger and skinnier, I would always eat two orders of beignets with either hot or cold chocolate depending on the weather.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 18, 2020 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He explained that he ate a lot of King Cake while searching for the baby, and the powdered sugar.

But, having read the clue, seems like he could have been prepared...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 18, 2020 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I did hear James (the smaller partner) say he ate four of the beignets. My internet feed went out during that part of the competition, so I missed seeing how much king cake the participant ate, but they were laughing about how much he loved cake, so he would be perfect to do that competition.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 18, 2020 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Someone correct me if I'm wrong -- don't think any of the participants ate any king cake. Just squished cakes looking for the babies.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 2:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Will was licking it off his fingers. They did show that.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua, they each had to eat whole ones after the Baby was found. I think 6 between them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I thought they had to eat beignets after they found a baby, not king cakes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Color is right

Spear

08-05-2001

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
It sounds like Will chose to eat some of the king cakes (because he liked them, not because he was required to), so it was his fault he had trouble eating the beignets after finding the baby.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The interview says he was licking it off his fingers because it was so messy.

Your biggest problem the whole leg was eating the beignets. Will, what was going on there? You were eating the cake first too.
Will: [Laughs] I know, I had been eating so much king cake because it would stick to your fingers. I just kept trying to get it off by licking it, and I really love cake, so I kept eating it. And then the beignets — the amount of powdered sugar on those things, it just sticks to your throat, and I couldn’t make saliva. So it was just staying in my mouth and I couldn’t swallow. It was a moment. … I asked the bakers to bring me a trash can in case I threw up and I asked for water. It was definitely the low point of the entire episode.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He was shown eating King Cake off his fingers in the film we were shown. We only saw a short portion if they were there for 2 or more hours. So he could have eaten more than we saw. He definitely ate some.

Since I think the clue mentioned eating beignets after the baby was found, he maybe did not plan So well.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, again, I can only go by what he said, since he was there, and we only saw clips.

He did say he ate it off his fingers because he liked cake and it was the easiest way to get it off.

The problem he had with the beignets wasn't because he was full, but because he started choking on the powdered sugar - he was just dried out. Maybe from eating the cake? LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
For those of you frustrated with alliances, there may be good news for you:

https://www.primetimer.com/item/The-Amazing-Race-creators-express-frustration-with-Season-32s-mass-alliance-and-give-an-update-on-Season-33-pgSAqW

“I’m going to be really honest with you. I think we’re going to have to put a rule on that in the future," Elise Doganieri said in an interview she and her husband and fellow co-creator Bertram van Munster conducted with Reality Blurred about this season's alliance problem. Doganieri added: “I don’t mind the alliances—I think there’s something really exciting about that, and when other teams don’t even know there’s an alliance or they think that they’re part of an alliance,” she said. “I like all that intrigue; I think that’s kind of fun. But, you know, helping a team that might be struggling because you want them to advance over another team? I think we have to look at that, and I don’t know what the answer to that as yet, but it’s definitely something we’re going to look at.” As for The Amazing Race's future in the coronavirus era, “it’s under very much on the radar and we’re talking to CBS about how we’re going to do it and what we’re going to do, and what the plans are so,” said Van Munster. “By all means, they’re very much wanting to get the show on the air as quickly as possible.”

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's the longer version of that interview:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/12/amazing-race-32-producers-interview/

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I have never seen beignets or king cake before.

I thought they were the same thing.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I didn't know any of it either, Dogdoc, until I lived in Houston, which is just a few hundred miles from N'awlins. King cake is just once a year, and it is VERY important who finds "the baby". Like if somebody brought a king cake to work, people would be ALL over it, devouring it instantly, and EVERYBODY would need to know who got the baby.

Beignets are year round, like donuts and bagels and muffins. I think I ate a beignet in a hotel the one time I visited New Orleans for work. My recollection is beignets are very airy, like Spudnuts, anybody remember Spudnuts?

I am not much of a sweet eater, but I suspect if my partner who LOVES cake, was throwing up, I could eat six beignets by myself if I had to for a million dollars.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I could eat them for even less than a million.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 21, 2020 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Juju, that's because whoever finds the baby has to buy the next king cake.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, December 21, 2020 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Juju, thank you for the information.

Now it is on to the New Year's Pretzel.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 21, 2020 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I would pay someone to let me eat their six beignets

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 21, 2020 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Lexie_girl. I did not know that the person who got the baby had to buy next year.

Uh oh, I do not know about New Year's pretzels.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 22, 2020 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Juju, New Year's pretzels are twisted bread with icing.

If you want luck in the New Year you have to eat one on New Years Day.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 22, 2020 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Dogdoc.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 22, 2020 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Never heard of pretzels for NY.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We actually ate beignets in that very cafe while drinking cafe de monde and listening to a jazz trumpeter play on the street. One of my very favorite memories of New Orleans! (FTR - their beignets were a million times better than the ones we had in the French Quarter at Disney, but there are truly no "bad" beignets, just as there are no "bad" churros! LOL)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: