TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
9th Show, Dec 9

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXII: 9th Show, Dec 9 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 11, 2020Rvon25 12-11-20  6:13 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I turned it off as soon as I saw the 3 "teams" starting to act like high schoolers. This disgusted me

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have unconditional love for TAR, like one has for their pets and children. :-) So it dismays me to hear people are going to tune out knowing that if people don't watch it hurts our chances of future seasons of TAR. There have been seasons, in fact most seasons, where a team I don't really like wins. Hardly ever does my team win this race, yet I watch and enjoy the race.

I honestly cannot fault these teams for wanting to make it to the end with teams the trust and enjoy. Teams have always helped each other out, it just didn't always work as the teams were not bunched up as much as they were this time. In the past we've even seen teams give other teams bad information. I don't think anyone did that this year. Teams have always tried to influence other teams. Remember when Boston Rob got them all to take a penalty on the meat eating challenge? I think the teams all being on the same flight helped the alliance be successful when in other years teams were too spread out to make it work. I think it has been a great season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, Brenda. I have unconditional love for this show too. Lots of things I don't like, like U-Turns (I hate them!), but I keep on watching.

Love the tasks, love seeing the other countries, and I think it's a fun way to see other cultures.

I didn't have high hopes for D'Angelo or Gary winning anyway, but it pained me to see how the others talked about them and shunned them.

Cliffcor

06-28-2011

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliffcor a private message Print Post    
I have enjoyed the Amazing Race since it first came on. I really, REALLY disliked the alliance, and ganging up not to mention the gleeful elimination of other teams. The sharing of information ruined the excitement and tension of the challenges. Having TAR degenerate to the level of Big Brother was very sad.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, you are not wrong. I agree 100% with your post.

What totally sucked for DeAngelo and Gary was they thought it was "each team for itself" once they reached F5, only to see the F3 teams conspiring against them at the last challenge in the city sprint. But let's face it, Gary and DeAngelo didn't contribute anything to the F5 alliance.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I agree Lexie, with everything but the fact they didn't contribute...I specifically remember them helping one of the other teams in a leg

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I can understand the football players feeling really betrayed by the other 3 working together and targeting them for Philimination. They didn't realize they were supposed to be in 4th place. And I agree they were weak contributors to the alliance. I mostly enjoyed them as a team during the race -- I remember they were almost out one of the first weeks and I was glad they hung around. Their bitter exit(well, just the one guy's bitterness) was a turn off. I hope we will see him graciously cheering at the finish line.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
That’s the problem with alliances. It’s all good until you’re the one on the bottom. I don’t feel bad for the Fb players. They didn’t feel bad when the alliance worked for them and somebody else got eliminated.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I hated what happen tonight. DeAngelo was kinder with his words than I was. I was hoping Phil would give them a pentily for not leaving the area as soon as they were given the clue. This is the first time in the history of Amazing Race I watched this far and won't watch the finale. Nobody I care to watch win. Not that I consider it a real win for any of them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
When Phil was describing this leg at the end of the previous or beginning of this, didn't he say each team would be on their own -- no alliances? Not that he was stating a rule, but producers didn't see how / why any alliances could work at this point.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s just so discouraging. I like Survivor and BB but I want to watch the Amazing Race. Congratulations to CBS for killing another great show through their indifference and stupidity.

Spear

08-05-2001

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
It's pretty easy to fix (if it ever comes back) -- just add a rule saying you can't help another team in a task. It seems clear the teams would obey such a rule -- there's already a similar rule that you can't help a teammate who's doing a Roadblock. During the tile Roadblock in Cambodia last week, I'm sure Gary was very tempted to test that rule and just blurt out to DeAngelo to watch the demonstration.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Or they could make the last tasks different. Like the one with the songs... one teams could have been to detail the songs in the order they heard them, the next team to detail them in reverse order, the next team to get all the flags for the same song, etc. That way they each have to figure out their own task alone.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, December 12, 2020 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
See Scoot, I don't remember Gary and DeAngelo helping anyone in their alliance. It seemed like the alliance constantly complained about how they were taking help from the others in the Mine Five but not giving any help. I'm not saying they didn't, but if they did help it must not have made much difference in the outcome of that particular leg.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 12, 2020 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Interesting from their interview:

Gary: In all honesty, when we first said the “Mine Five,” it was just a reference that the top five teams that leg were the top five in the mine. There were no established alliances; it just started by saying, “Oh, it would be nice if it finished with these five teams.” Throughout the race, all the teams helped other teams, alliance or not. If anyone asked us something, we’d tell them; it didn’t matter.

But one thing a lot of people didn’t know is that we actually had a super-secret alliance after the first leg with the beard bros. We agreed us two teams would make it to the finals. That’s where a lot of things change. We got frustrated later on because we started to see in the end that we were getting stabbed in the back. We thought we had a super-secret alliance from the beginning before any alliances were even established.

https://parade.com/1134610/mikebloom/the-amazing-race-32-deangelo-williams-gary-barnidge-eliminated-interview/

and this:

But what wasn’t shown was Riley and Maddison came to us and said, “If you get the answer, let us know. And we’ll do the same.” When they got it right, we were right behind them. And they ran away and around us after we supposedly had this alliance. To see them run off, we knew we were done.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 12, 2020 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Very interesting.

And yes, if you're going to participiate in alliances, secret or not, you have to be prepared for when the alliance doesn't want or need you any more, or that another super secret alliance formed without you in it!

It's game play!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, December 12, 2020 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
You ha e to remember this is an edited tv show. They can6 show everything and they never want to show bad things. A lot of time as people will get painted bad when something else is happening. Like they never want to tell about dysentery. The race does not give you a break for being sick. It would man He the show to complex. But at least 3 times as I ha e seen people paid had as ad when they were sick and ad itted to being short tempered.
EXAMPLE early on there was a show where they had to drink foul tasti tasting tea. One woman complained a lot and took too long to drink it. Turns out she had dysentery and every sip made her th for a bathroom.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
???? Sadiesmom ????

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, did that happen between Riley and Madison and Gary/DeAngelo at the last challenge?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was an interview of Gary/DeAngelo talking about what Riley/Maddison said to them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry meds make arthritis bad so lying down typing from tablet. Actually mess not making any damage, just make me feel any pain worse. I try and edit before posting, but don't catch it all. Must use stylus to type better.
Any way I went to tarcon early on and so many contestants spent a lot of time defending other in their year that got bad edits, I realized I have to give people a lot of leeway in reality shows.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Rvon ~ I knew you meant me so no worries, lol! And no, I haven't had any luck finding out who won.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That would be discouraging to have someone promise information and then reneg.

Good point about bad edits.

I agree that just making a rule about no help would make a difference.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 14, 2020 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kar, if that happened at the final challenge, then I kind of "get" why they were so pissed when they got to the mat.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 14, 2020 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Gary was still able to blow it off, but I might have reacted like D'Angelo.

D'Angelo also said in the interview that one of the most frustrating things was that they were in all these wonderful places, but had ZERO time to experience anything but the task at hand.

Well, I guess he had some more time to sightsee after that leg? :-(

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 14, 2020 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a common frustration I have heard, the rushing in and out of amazing places with no down time to enjoy them.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: