TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 11, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXII: 9th Show, Dec 9: Archive through December 11, 2020 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, December 06, 2020 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Run on Your Tippy Toes"

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2020 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I still think they should ban alliances. It is so blatantly unfair.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2020 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
What is wrong with these people, every episode they misread the clues.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
They should definitely implement a punishment for assistance. Something like “If a team chooses to assist another team, then both the assisted team and the assisting team will each sustain a 4-hour time penalty.” That’ll wipe out that alliance madness instantly. This season has been ruined thanks to that and watching it unfold has been no fun whatsoever. 🤮🤮🤮

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Three out of four team alliance was really unfair. If two teams were allied against the other two would have been better. As it was three teams ended the race for Gary & DeAngelo. No fun to watch. Not a fair "win" for whoever questionably does.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I agree Color. Alliances in the beginning are ok but when they are getting to the end of the race I don't think it is fair. I don't think this will be good for the show in the long run.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Every season has alliances that are supposed to go "to the end" but they never do. This is the first time that I can recall where an alliance made it all the way to the end.

I was a little surprised that Phil didn't go to the park where DeAngelo and Gary were taking their two-hour penalty.

I was at one of the final tasks which will be shown next week. I was behind the float where the boyfriends are catching beads. I have to LOL at people that don't want to be spoiled because TAR literally ran an article in the online newspaper for NOLA that the finale was in New Orleans and they wanted spectators to attend so I hoofed it from my office down to the FQ where I met GeorgiaPeach and a couple of others from Reality Fan Forum. I did get some cool pictures which they used on RFF. I also got to see Phil shoot his "thing" where he explains stuff to us before the task actually started.

ETA: I did like the "city sprint." Everyone was on even footing (with the exception of an alliance).

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
The alliance took away from my enjoyment of the show last night. I don't think DeAngelo and Gary were ever going to solve that task anyway. It just felt mean to see all the others working against them. DeAngelo's words at the mat surprised me and made me glad he was eliminated.

Lexie_girl, as a fan it must have been fun to be there in the middle of things!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well that was just ugly. At first I was taken back by DeAngelo's words but then I couldn't help but think that part of it was from being hurt. Add in that he's a professional athlete where every team is suppose to compete one on one and I can understand why he was upset at the three to one mentality of last night's episode. James and Chee and their insistence on making out the NFL boys as being beneath them and as bad people left such a bad taste in my mouth.

I hope the beards win next week so I might just go ahead and let myself be spoiled by hunting around the internet. If James's or Chee's team wins, it will just add to the crappiness that is 2020 so I won't watch.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm just so surprised that an athlete would be such a poor sport at the end. What a spoiled brat. So disappointed in DeAngelo. Wasn't he just telling the siblings the week prior that it was just a game! He could learn a bit of sportsman ship from the blonde gals.

As for the alliance it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others as I mostly watch to see the fun tasks and the exotic locations. So having the teams help each other doesn't take away from that for me. Teams have always helped each other, I just don't think any have successfully aligned like this over the course of the whole season. Each of the remaining teams has had some lucky breaks, but they were all very competitive. I don't think any of them have been carried to the end week after week.

I have a feeling the boyfriends will win because they are my least favorite of the 3 remaining. I'm really hoping one of the other 2 teams wins.

And yes, once again with not reading the clue! Get a clue people! :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I liked D'Angelo and Gary so was disappointed that the others grouped up and excluded them. That said, if any of them had read the clue (including D & Gary) they would have been ahead. D and G were only one off several times!

I did not like how the other teams spoke about them either. Don't they know they are being filmed?

So I can't blame D'Angelo for being upset. And I imagine after he sees the episode, he might be even moreso.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mak1, it was fun being at one of the finale challenges. I got a chance to hang with GeorgiaPeach (and we had dinner a couple of nights later) who runs the "be all, end all" of fan/spoiler sites for The Amazing Race.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I would imagine it would be a huge thrill to be at one of the events!

Spear

08-05-2001

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
According to Gary:
https://twitter.com/garybarnidge/status/1336854044929875969

Just gonna stand up for @DeAngeloRB a little here the edit makes it look like he was super pissed we lost and hated the race. He actually loved the race just hated things that went on behind the scenes and inbetween the legs which is why he was upset. #amazingrace

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Happy, if you find out who wins with your internet searches, would please let me know. I definitely will not watch if the boyfriends (I call them ”the mean boys”) win.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for sharing that, Spear.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, that is so cool you got to be part of that!!!

I wanted the fb players to get thru that task and make one of the 3 lose. it was so sad how they ganged up on them

Hung and Che are my favs but I was shouting dont tell the bros about the clue!!! and of course they came in 1st....i bet they win next week and Hung and Chee should have realized they had a better shot of winning without having 2 alpha males to race against!!!! ugh!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Georgia Peach is such a gem. how fun to meet her!!!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
DeAngelo Williams
@DeAngeloRB
·
Dec 9
Hey what can I say I hate losing at anything
Quote Tweet
Chris McCauley
@McCauleE134
· Dec 9
Replying to @DeAngeloRB
Congrats, enjoyed watching until you 100% came off as a bitter Betty.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I bet it is not Hung and Chee who win, as Phil has made a point all along, especially to them, that if you help others it only hurts your game.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree Juju :-(

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
alliances usually did not last to the end, it ends at like the 5 team level. tis was just too much with the 5 team alliance. also I hate when they all gang up on one team to leave.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
This last part disgusted me so much I don’t even need to see the last show! I don’t even care!

When 3 teams gang up on another and imo what they did by all working together and telling each other the answers should have been disqualified or had a penalty attached to them!

I don’t blame the football players being upset! They were never going to win that leg because of what I call cheating.

Unbelievable- I’m now done with this show

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can’t believe they’ve managed to ruin one of my favorite shows!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Yikes, Kappy, I just noticed I mistakenly called you *Happy*. I’m sure you are happy, but that is not your name. Sorry about this.