TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4th Show, May 8

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXI: 4th Show, May 8 users admin

"I Took Out a Polar Bear"

The Amazing Race
United States -> Japan -> Laos -> Vietnam
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 09, 2019Karuuna25 05-09-19  8:00 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree with Kar that the show producers must have disliked Eliza and Corrine to give them that bad an edit. They could have easily not shown all that emotional anger but they lingered on it for longer than I recall them ever doing at a pit stop. So they must have genuinely pissed them off.

I always find your comments about what these contestants are like when you meet them very interesting, Pamy.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cass_Cat, I agree with you. I don't think the Reilly sisters have a mean bone in their body. They may be a little annoying at times but they are not mean. They seem to make friends with everyone outside the competition (especially Rachel - she can separate the competition/game from real life).

I thought Rachel and Elissa seemed kind of sad watching what was going on with Corinne and Eliza when they stepped off the mat.

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
The funniest part, I thought, was when the "mean girls" (that's what I called them) were in the cab trying to find something, anything, they could improve on, but decided there was nothing. REALLY? NOTHING? that was priceless. The ultimate irony.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Starr! Lexie, I agree, they did seem sad aat the mat

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well the interview just tells me that Eliza and Corinne own what they said and don't care, but I certainly think others are far more gracious when they lose and can be bitterly disappointed without hating on people. The fact that they are friends now says far more about Elissa and Rachel being gracious and forgiving than saying that Corinne and Eliza were really just shown being real, which they were, but oh gosh, real mean is real, so that is ok.

And they do make clear that they absolutely were trying to hoodwink the cab driver who had been paid to wait for Elissa and Rachel, but that he stood firm and said no way.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wow. I was only half watching the show so I figured I must have missed something terrible that Rachael and Alissa did to Corrine and Eliza.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Amazing Race on Facebook posted video of the mat with Corrine & Eliza and Rachel & Elissa.

Link

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Color, is there more to that video than what we saw on TV?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's exactly the same as the TV show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I said before, I went to a Tarflies get together one year where all the racers came after the show and there were 2 people ion different teams given a "bad edit" Neither denied they said what they said and what they did. But....
they never mentioned that one person had dysentery and needed to stop to go to the bathroom every short time and would get sick to their stomach while doing tasks. They just showed them complaining about how long a task took or how it made them sick. The dysentery took like 3 days of tasks to get over and made her look like all she did was complain.
the second person complained that their scenes were edited to show them yelling at their partner, where the person said they edited out them trying to encourage them first,but it did not work until they yelled at them, so ... There was no sympathy or encouragement shown, just yelling. This happened more than once and the other racers testified that was how it went. I only went once, it was not in a safe place, the downstairs where the free drinks and food were was a fire trap and crammed with people way past the limit with a narrow stairway packed with people.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
cool info, ty for sharing Sadiesmom!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm just saying for Corinne and Eliza to have received the edit they did, they must have pissed off a lot of producers and cameramen. Each team gets a new producer and camera crew at the beginning of each new leg.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's what I said too... the emphasis was unnecessary, so it felt vindictive to me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Or else it was even worse than what was shown...and they figured Corinne and Eliza were going to leave and trash the show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think it's all about the big "R" - ratings. They think ugliness drives ratings, so as Sadies noted above, they overplay the drama, rather than underplay it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think sometimes they edit someone just for the drama. Or with the person with dysentery, that was a detail that would have turned off most people. i.e. TMI

I remember a racer Peaches early in the series said she washed her hands in a lake after some muddy task, and didn't get to wash again when she had a snack and she got dysentery but it only lasted the next 2 tasks, that was never said, but she also did not get a bad edit probably because she didn't say anything horrible they could edit. she posted that on TWOP. I remember people said she complained too much about the tea she had to drink, but she said every sip had her running to the bathroom. but she did drink it and never seemed to complain about anything again.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can’t imagine how tired those contestants must be after a few legs. All that time sitting on those planes and then having to run and complete tasks. Brutal.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Since tonight is Survivor Finale, when will the next TAR be on? Next week? Sorry for my ignorance.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, next week there will be 2 TAR shows.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins talk 'The Amazing Race' -- Our race was a devastating and "epic, epic failure"

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-corinne-kaplan-and-eliza-orlins-talk-the-amazing-race----our-race-was-devastating-and-epic-epic-failure-25875.php

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: