TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXI: 4th Show, May 8: Archive through May 09, 2019 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"I Took Out a Polar Bear"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Anyone spoiling??? TIA.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Guess they are headed to Saigon tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, Corrine and Eliza are eliminated and are very mad that they were beat by Rachel and Elissa, LOL.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The four of them at the mat. Ugh! They're all losers.

Grrrrr. At 25 after the hour for about ten minutes, local CBS broke in for "weather". Then came back for a long commercial. Loser CBS Chicago.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Wow!! Really no words for Eliza and corrine. What poor sports!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Wowsers.... so glad they are gone. Yes there are teams I like and teams I am indifferent about but no one is as cruel as those two.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was so happy last week that Chris and Bret got another chance.

I was even more excited this week that Corrine and Eliza were eliminated! When Corrine made the comment about trailer parks, I had had enough. Thank you to Amazing Race for showing these two as their true selves.

I'm enjoying the rest of the teams so much! Amazing Race is such a great experience and the rest are embracing it. Yay!!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
And when Corrine made the comment about not being blessed, I thought what a spoiled person. You are blessed being on the show, being alive, being in good health to be able to race. What a horrible, self centered thing to say. Glad they are gone.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Cute interview of Janelle and Britney during race:

https://youtu.be/jbvHdHgKL74

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Corrine and Eliza are the snottiest players I have ever seen in AR.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Corinne and Eliza are so bitter. They must think They are entertaining. They may have gotten that idea when they were asked to play amazing race.

They were the first I wanted gone.

Still not find of the bunching. Phil mentioned that the city never slerps, so I had hope, but then they send them to a venue that was closed until morning and didn't even have tickets to take them in order of arrival.

The polar bears were funny, but the one taking the speed bump snowballs appeared to take a bite from one.. It had to be chemical laden and get my from all the band packing, so it had to be fake.

Glad the guys made it through that speed bump!

Everyone else is having fun,except trying to get cabs.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Wow, I knew Corrine and Eliza were snarky, but what spoiled brats and sore losers! Usually I wouldn't hesitate to let me daughter watch this show with me but that attitude was awful - though it would be a good example to talk about why we don't act that way. Ever. I'm disappointed in their actions. And, what's worse, even after this and I'm sure many peoples comments about their attitude, they won't learn or change - their response will be another snarky, brat laden, mean response. So sad.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Bad as Corinne and Eliza were, the producers must have really had it in for them to show so much of their bad behavior at the end. Wowza.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Or that's the only thing/behavior that had to work with so to explain the awkward mat chat interview they had to show even more of their rude behaviors.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm glad they showed them... It was raw and real. Did you hear them say they weren't ever going to talk to ANY of these people again... Who are they to think that they are superior to any of them. Did you hear Corrine's comment about the moped? Saying neither of them grew up in a trailer park so why would they know how to operate one? Really?

Sadly... I was empathetic towards Eliza during the driving challenge... and was so happy that she finished it... although that feeling quickly dissipated when they reached the mat...

I'm not the biggest fan of the Reilly sisters... but I don't believe they have a mean bone in their bodies. I like how Elissa grounds Rachel... they are good race partners...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scotchbright - I don't think they had to go on and on personally. I got it right after the mat interview. There was plenty of other footage of other things that was cut out - for example, they didn't even show Chris and Bret reading their speed bump clue, just jumped to them doing it.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Karunna - I agree there was other material from others to show, I was just referring to material from Corrine and Eliza. They didn't have a lot of other non-mean comments to show, and the scene after the mat explained why they just walked off - leaving Phil and the Reilly sisters standing there awkwardly. Otherwise we would have thought they were told to move off the mat - but why would the Reilly's still be there? So, it was shown that Eliza was upset with the Reilly's comments about being "blessed" and that they respected them...normally people don't just walk off in the middle of an on-air interview. That scene was the closure scene needed to explain.
Hope that explains my opinion.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I see your point if you think we needed an explanation for why they moved off the mat. I didn't think it was necessary. The editing was weird, and i didn't understand why they were even continuing to show it. A few cuts with their after the show comments would have sufficed to show us what poor sports they were.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Corrine and Eliza "walked off" so the Reilly's wouldn't see them cry.

Meanwhile, everybody could see them and hear them crying. They only went a little bit away.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm only one rooting for Corrine and Eliza! I so wanted them to pass Rachel and sister and knock them out. Corrine and Eliza were not long for this competition, they just weren't a good, skilled team. They were villains on Survivor and lived up to that here, although they were powerless villains. :-)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Count Bisc as another person so glad to see this elimination! Didn't like them on Survivor, for sure didn't like them on TAR.

Haven't read this yet but here's the starter of their exit interview:

Exclusive: Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins talk 'The Amazing Race' -- Sorry, we're sore losers and have no regrets!

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-corinne-kaplan-and-eliza-orlins-talk-the-amazing-race----sorry-were-sore-losers-and-have-no-regrets-25799.php

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Rachel and Elisa interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowolREmSIQ&t=55s&app=desktop

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have met Corrine, Rachel and Elisa. Corrine is standoffish and not really friendly/approachable.

the Reilly sisters are fun, super engaging, and very nice.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought this was interesting, all is forgiven:

Eliza Orlins: I mean, I guess in the moment, that was really what I was feeling, but I think I probably would've felt that way no matter who had been standing on the mat next to us, just resentment that they got to continue in the Race and we didn't.

And so, it's really nothing personal to the Reilly sisters. Certainly, I have not abided by [what I said]. I speak to them all the time!

I was just texting with them a few minutes ago, saying that they're coming up in all of our exit press basically. We were all cracking up about it because we're all friends in real life, and I adore them.